PDA

View Full Version : "A Convention on Civil Rights, Militarization of the Police, and Solutions Towards Peace"

ZakCarter
12-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Greetings my Ron Paul Forums family!

So about a month and a half ago I was told that Ben Swann would be releasing a video on what's really going on in Syria part 2, and I spent weeks asking high profile people and organizations if they would be interested in sharing it when it's released - and then a few days ago I was told that due to all that's going on in the country that was sparked by the Mike Brown and Eric Garner case acquittals - that we'll be releasing a video on "The Root of Police Militarization" first, and I was like dang it, I don't just want to ask people to share another video all over again, there's got to be something better and more effective that I could be doing to spread our message...

And so, to really get word of this militarization of the police video out there, and much more importantly, to set things on a better course in our country, I propose a national convention on "Civil Rights, Militarization of the Police, and Solutions Towards Peace" ...co-hosted by Ben of course, along with who? Who would you want to see him standing next to?

Then imagine a discussion panel of leaders from across the political spectrum who are passionate about these issues, (from Jesse Jackson to Rand Paul? Who would you want on that panel?) moderated by household name journalists,(again, who would you want moderating?) supported by a broad coalition of organizations to help spread word of the event, broadcast by multiple television networks. I think the country needs something like this right now, and I think we can make this much bigger than the "3rd party" presidential debates I worked on in 2012 when I was Free and Equal's communications director.

I'm going to need your help in putting this together. I'll need help building the coalition of supportive organizations that will help spread the word of the event beforehand, and help asking television, radio and new media outlets to cover it. Let's make this massive, and lets finally make the usual calls for "an honest discussion about race" that seem to come and go whenever we have these crisis moments actually happen this time!

Interested in pitching in? Please contact me at zakcarter@benswann.com or 206-551-8704

For Peace and Liberty!