PDA

View Full Version : City Prosecutor Reviews Shaw Shooting After Police Find it ‘Justified’

Tyreez
12-08-2014, 01:35 PM
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/12/08/city-prosecutor-reviews-shaw-shooting-after-police-find-it-justified/
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The St. Louis city prosecutor is now reviewing the Oct. 8 fatal police shooting of Vonderrit Myers Jr. in the Shaw neighborhood, after a police investigation found the shooting was “justified.”
Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce says her review will not be a rubber stamp for the police investigation.
“My goal in this review is to get to the truth and to look at every possible thing that’s involved here, and to determine what exactly happened,” she says. “And we’re going to see if the conduct violated any of the Missouri laws.
Joyce says she’s prepared to conduct her own interviews of old witnesses or new witnesses who come forward.
“I’ve had this job for 14 years, now. During that time, I’ve reviewed many cases where the police have been charged with a crime, and I’ve issued cases holding the police accountable for committing crimes,” she says.
Joyce says her team of five investigators will include an African American assistant circuit attorney, who’s a member of her staff, and an assistant U.S. attorney.
Results are not expected until after the first of the year.