PDA

View Full Version : Cops break into house, taser man for breaking stuff, steal his daughter and property

Tyreez
12-08-2014, 01:11 PM
http://www.simcoe.com/news-story/5185343-police-taser-innisfil-man/
South Simcoe Police Tasered an Innisfil man Friday who wanted to fight officers.

Police were called to an Innisfil home at about 7:23 p.m. by a teenage girl who said her father was out of control, breaking items and waving a knife around.

When officers arrived, the girl was quickly removed from the home. The father, 41, was combative with the officers so they deployed a Taser to control him.

Two large knives found in the home were seized. No one was injured as a result of this incident.

The man will now attend court to answer to a criminal charge of weapons dangerous.

Working Poor
12-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Do you think the daughter should not have called the police? What would you have done?

evilfunnystuff
12-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Do you think the daughter should not have called the police? What would you have done?

It depends if she was exaggerating the situation or not.

Personally, I would have took off quick, not called anybody, and hope they came to their senses.

Depending on the history I might come back later to try to talk things out.

Working Poor
12-08-2014, 05:59 PM
It depends if she was exaggerating the situation or not.

I will not call the cops on my family members.

evilfunnystuff
12-08-2014, 06:03 PM
I will not call the cops on my family members.

Me neither, but I would not consider someone else who did so, in a truly f'd up situation, to be morally wrong.

Mani
12-09-2014, 01:28 AM
http://www.simcoe.com/news-story/5185343-police-taser-innisfil-man/
South Simcoe Police Tasered an Innisfil man Friday who wanted to fight officers.

Police were called to an Innisfil home at about 7:23 p.m. by a teenage girl who said her father was out of control, breaking items and waving a knife around.

When officers arrived, the girl was quickly removed from the home. The father, 41, was combative with the officers so they deployed a Taser to control him.

Two large knives found in the home were seized. No one was injured as a result of this incident.

The man will now attend court to answer to a criminal charge of weapons dangerous.

Wait what!? So I think in ANY home you'd find at least a couple of large knives.....And now that can be used against you?????

GunnyFreedom
12-09-2014, 01:51 AM
Wait what!? So I think in ANY home you'd find at least a couple of large knives.....And now that can be used against you?????

Anything in the universe can and will be used against you in a court of law...

Mani
12-09-2014, 02:55 AM
Anything in the universe can and will be used against you in a court of law...

How does the judge say with a straight face....The cops searched your home and found 2 knives that were large. Those are dangerous weapons so you are under criminal charges for dangerous weapons....

Can you say, "Ya judge, like you don't own knives in your home!?!? Who the fuck doesn't have knives in their home?"

So now is there a limit to what size knife you are allowed to have in your home? If it's considered TOO LARGE you can be charged with a crime if the cops show up????

tod evans
12-09-2014, 03:13 AM
So now is there a limit to what size knife you are allowed to have in your home? If it's considered TOO LARGE you can be charged with a crime if the cops show up????

Wonder if this fine "bench legislation" only applies to kitchen cutlery?

I use and even manufacture various sized and profiled knifes for use in my shop..:eek:

Is a scorp more dangerous than a froe?

What grade of steel carries enhancements?

There must be government funded studies, working groups and of course legislation and enforcement!

:rolleyes:

Mani
12-09-2014, 03:34 AM
Wonder if this fine "bench legislation" only applies to kitchen cutlery?

I use and even manufacture various sized and profiled knifes for use in my shop..:eek:

Is a scorp more dangerous than a froe?

What grade of steel carries enhancements?

There must be government funded studies, working groups and of course legislation and enforcement!

:rolleyes:

Is it going to get to the point where we say this:

The English won't let us train with weapons, so we train with stones.

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1995_Braveheart/995BVH_Mel_Gibson_003.jpg

Occam's Banana
12-09-2014, 05:25 AM
"Ya judge, like you don't own knives in your home!?!? Who the fuck doesn't have knives in their home?"

"I'm not a mundane, you ass! I'm a judge! How dare you suggest that the same rules should apply to both of us? Bailiff! Toss this scum in the dungeon!" *bangs gavel* "Next case!" ...

jmdrake
12-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Well considering judges now let prosecutors get away with calling pens deadly weapons for the purpose of enhancing sentencing......

GunnyFreedom
12-09-2014, 07:25 AM
Well considering judges now let prosecutors get away with calling pens deadly weapons for the purpose of enhancing sentencing......

Pretty soon fingers will be deadly weapons. I can just see it now... "DROP YOUR FINGERS! DROP YOUR FINGERS OR WE'LL" BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

Tyreez
12-09-2014, 04:41 PM
This is a teenage daughter, man. Teenage daughters do all sorts of crazy shit, if they father tell em that they can't smoke in the house, or have a huge house party with tons of booze or spend the night at their boyfriends house, they call the cops man. They tell em their dad is out of control. So you can't buy all the shit they say.

Working Poor
12-09-2014, 05:50 PM
This is a teenage daughter, man. Teenage daughters do all sorts of crazy shit, if they father tell em that they can't smoke in the house, or have a huge house party with tons of booze or spend the night at their boyfriends house, they call the cops man. They tell em their dad is out of control. So you can't buy all the shit they say.

I taught my child that it is never a good idea call the law on your family, neighbor, or best friend and to mind your own business as much as possible hell even calling for an ambulance will bring the cops too put them is the car if they need to go to the hospital.

Cissy
12-09-2014, 10:22 PM

On the flip side, some teenage daughters live in abusive homes. Most teenage daughters do *not* call the police to get back at their parents.

If the father was violent, the teenage daughter has every right to escape the situation and/or defend herself. (Were it my child, I would have taught her that self defense is good and that escaping from a violent, dangerous situation is acceptable, but calling violent men who care not whom they assault so long as their safety is assured is not acceptable.)

If the news report said that a teenager girl was found dead and her father was taken into custody as the prime suspect, you'd be wondering why the girl didn't do *something* to stop the abuse.