PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose, Reggie Bush, Other Athletes Wear "I can't breathe" Eric Garner Clothing

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-08-2014, 01:00 AM
Didn't really see this posted in any other threads, and thought it worthwhile to have it's own thread.

In warmups before the game, Bush wore a shirt with "I Can't Breathe" written in black marker against a blue background signifying the last words of Eric Garner...

Bush wore the shirt a day after Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose wore an "I Can't Breathe" T-shirt in pregame warm-ups prior to his team's game Saturday night against the Golden State Warriors.

Lions coach Jim Caldwell said he supports Bush using his voice to speak up.

He wasn't the only NFL player to display the message Sunday. Cleveland Browns cornerback Johnson Bademosi warmed up in a shirt with the message and St. Louis Rams offensive lineman Davin Joseph wore the message on his cleats.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11993093/reggie-bush-detroit-lions-wears-breathe-shirt-game

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkz0QyLMIcdhwUWBcjxvSYD-a8R3oIGGrFKBnlJYhjErGc4C7c8A

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX09uccVc3G2tV8NrSXY3efviTSqD9y llIPyfcWNGPBElQvOQ5
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRT77GEfIxKdTRNMj-uP8JRsIxguKd0b9MG21nZSjTEvLjlHox2Q

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy1MWplRGW4mi9dGVdAWsBy-Nwp37Gw3Wme1RPwhcnue2nlt_gAA

Mani
12-08-2014, 01:30 AM
Talking to some American Expats over drinks last night. We were talking about what are the top Species that kill humans. One of those goofy beer drinking topics that come up.

While joking around, somehow I brought up the zinger, "I think you're more likely to be killed by the police than one of those..."

A couple people went, "Ouch" or "controversial topic" But it got them to talking about it. The Michael Brown no one really wanted to touch, there's no video, so it was difficult to share on opinion, but EVERYONE agreed the Eric Garner one was ridiculous. That was flat out murder. I was happy to see that they had no bias but just said what they saw. I sometimes worry I'm biased based on seeing 5 new police brutality cases EVERY DAY. But they all mentioned Eric Garner (they didn't know his name) case was just wrong. It is good to see the everyday person is seeing some of this crap come to light. (I'm also glad to know my drinking buddies aren't bootlickers. LOL.)

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-08-2014, 01:50 AM
Mani, I was thinking that too. I like watching the ballgames, but the audiences are often indifferent, copsuckers, bootlickers, etc. Something like clothing at least starts a conversation where none existed.

Anti-Federalist was talking about material with names of some of the lesser known people. Be nice if someone took those crude shirts worn by Bush, Rose, etc. and made them more polished. "I can't breathe" is short enough to catch attention and print on a shirt. Maybe it could read:

"I can't breathe"
Eric Garner
July 17, 2014

That dual picture of the baby that got his face disfigured would draw plenty of emotion, too.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-08-2014, 02:06 AM
Anybody remember Lee Atwater from the 1988 presidential campaign? He was the Bush strategist who used the image of Willie Horton into scaring people into voting for Bush. The guy was a master at pushing the right buttons. He understood that emotion is what sells.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJuJiLCy12RjNJwNj9Ag5ZpOYv6XoK4 WyNpTIlkwTIHHxXIfyAEg

Anyway, does anybody here make t-shirts? I don't really think it would be that hard. Just putting an image on a shirt. Anybody game to try? I'm in for two shirts as long as they're 100% cotton. Heh.

Could even be done as a fund raiser of sorts.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-08-2014, 02:35 AM
How about this picture on a t-shirt?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMGOVnz4-QJNQiuFXpblJ8Yi98_tmCS_DrtjojiMZX6lORpAm4jg

Shirt might read:

Baby Bou Bou
Disfigured by Habersham Co. Georgia Sheriff
May 28, 2014

Looks like they have a website and had a fundraiser all the way up in Janesville, Wisconsin.

http://justiceforbabyboubou.com/
justiceforboubou@gmail.com

Is anybody here very familiar with the effort? Maybe someone here is already working with the family or knows them.

I don't know; just brainstorming.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-08-2014, 03:39 AM
How about a person who was murdered by SWAT because they went to the wrong house?

I would assume that many of those families agree to settlements, but maybe not all of them.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-08-2014, 03:41 AM
How about a person who was murdered by SWAT because they went to the wrong house?

I would assume that many of those families agree to settlements, but maybe not all of them.

DFF
12-08-2014, 03:52 AM
Rose wearing this t-shirt just goes to show how gullible some people are.

The fact is, if Garner hadn't resisted arrest, he would still be alive today...but no athletes are blaming him.

No, it's the white cops fault as usual...it's his fault this guy woofed down +10,000 calories a day for the past 40 years.

Then when his bloodpressure elevated a little bit, and a chunk of sausage broke off and got lodged in his aorta he then keeled from cardiac arrest.

All NYPD's fault, naturally. :rolleyes:

Origanalist
12-08-2014, 04:01 AM

The fact is, if Garner hadn't resisted arrest, he would still be alive today...but no athletes are blaming him.

No, it's the white cops fault as usual...it's his fault this guy woofed down +10,000 calories a day for the past 40 years.

Then when his bloodpressure elevated a little bit, and a chunk of sausage broke off, got lodged in his aorta and he keeled from cardiac arrest.

What the hell?

Origanalist
12-08-2014, 04:04 AM
Anybody remember Lee Atwater from the 1988 presidential campaign? He was the Bush strategist who used the image of Willie Horton into scaring people into voting for Bush. The guy was a master at pushing the right buttons. He understood that emotion is what sells.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJuJiLCy12RjNJwNj9Ag5ZpOYv6XoK4 WyNpTIlkwTIHHxXIfyAEg

Anyway, does anybody here make t-shirts? I don't really think it would be that hard. Just putting an image on a shirt. Anybody game to try? I'm in for two shirts as long as they're 100% cotton. Heh.

Could even be done as a fund raiser of sorts.

I think that's a pretty good idea, and incorporate police militarization into them somehow also.

DFF
12-08-2014, 04:07 AM
What the hell?

That dude was like 400+ lbs. He was morbidly obese. This is what ultimately killed him.

The encounter with NYPD just happened to accelerate his passing.

invisible
12-08-2014, 04:08 AM

Then when his bloodpressure elevated a little bit, and a chunk of sausage broke off and got lodged in his aorta he then keeled from cardiac arrest.

If the cops hadn't been trying to falsely arrest him on a trumped-up charge, then he wouldn't have resisted it. The courts have confirmed the right to resist an unlawful arrest, if you are gullible enough to believe that verbally protesting a false arrest constitutes "resisting".

DFF
12-08-2014, 04:12 AM
If the cops hadn't been trying to falsely arrest him on a trumped-up charge, then he wouldn't have resisted it. The courts have confirmed the right to resist an unlawful arrest, if you are gullible enough to believe that verbally protesting a false arrest constitutes "resisting".

At least you admit he resisted.

Origanalist
12-08-2014, 04:14 AM
That dude was like 400+ lbs. He was morbidly obese. This is what ultimately killed him.

The encounter with NYPD just happened to accelerate his passing.

Encounters with police are "accelerating" the passing of quit a few people, or haven't you noticed. You are a member here, I assume you can read, why the blinders?

Mani
12-08-2014, 04:15 AM
Here we go again:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?464246-Peter-King-Eric-Garner-did-this-to-himself

Origanalist
12-08-2014, 04:15 AM
Maybe something like this as a start;

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gmc12559320141205021300.jpg

Then get a little more graphic after that.

invisible
12-08-2014, 04:18 AM

If you count a verbal protest against being falsely arrested as "resisting", then yes, he "resisted". And was murdered for it. Again, the courts have confirmed the right to physically defend yourself against false arrest, to the point of even killing the cop if necessary. All this guy did was to say "no, it stops here", or something to that effect.

DFF
12-08-2014, 04:22 AM
Encounters with police are "accelerating" the passing of quit a few people, or haven't you noticed. You are a member here, I assume you can read, why the blinders?

I'm all for cops cleaning up the streets from the more dangerous elements of society....but in other ways though, I'm not down with them at all.

My line of thinking is cops disposing of thugs is good. But cops arresting and imprisoning people for drug possession and other minor crimes though that's bad.

invisible
12-08-2014, 04:22 AM

The only thing this guy notices is if the victim is black, and if so, then proceeds to argue at length that they somehow deserve to be killed on the spot rather than face a fair trial in a court of law.

invisible
12-08-2014, 04:25 AM
I'm all for cops cleaning up the streets from the more dangerous elements of society....but in other ways though, I'm not down with them at all.

My line of thinking is cops disposing of thugs is good. But cops arresting and imprisoning people for drug possession and other minor crimes though that's bad.

And what happens when the cops ARE the thugs?

Mani
12-08-2014, 04:25 AM
At least we know the choke-hold cop has a clean record.

Minus the 4 lawsuits prior to the choking incident... He will probably get cop of the year for 2014, except he should have written a citation for the untaxed cigarettes prior to choking garner. The cop should have dropped the citation on Garner's corpse afterwards so the state wouldn't have lost out on that money, the state could have gone after the family to recover the lost revenue. Or maybe there were no cigarettes found so that's why chokehold couldn't issue the citation and it was just harassment on the part of the cops.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/nypd-officer-daniel-pantaleo-faces-wrongful-arrest-lawsuits-article-1.2035138

DFF
12-08-2014, 04:28 AM
The only thing this guy notices is if the victim is black, and if so, then proceeds to argue at length that they somehow deserve to be killed on the spot rather than face a fair trial in a court of law.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/08/dredd-movie-review-610x406.jpg

And since when is someone a "victim" who's attacking a police officer?

Origanalist
12-08-2014, 04:32 AM

I hate to state the obvious, but, what do you think they were arresting Eric Garner for?

Origanalist
12-08-2014, 04:34 AM
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/08/dredd-movie-review-610x406.jpg

And since when is someone a "victim" who's attacking a police officer?

Attacking? You're a pretty crappy troll, maybe you should take up a new hobby.

Mani
12-08-2014, 04:35 AM
I hate to state the obvious, but, what do you think they were arresting Eric Garner for?

Untaxed Cigarettes is serious business. That's just thugish behavior. Streets are safer and state revenue will no longer be lost. THANK YOU POLICE.

DFF
12-08-2014, 04:39 AM
Attacking? You're a pretty crappy troll, maybe you should take up a new hobby.

I was referring to Mike Brown. And the pic of judge dredd was a joke, that apparently went right over your head.

Origanalist
12-08-2014, 04:42 AM
I was referring to Mike Brown. And the pic of judge dredd was a joke, that apparently went right over your head.

Oh, ha ha......

This thread isn't about Michael Brown.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-08-2014, 07:15 AM
My line of thinking is cops disposing of thugs is good.

Right, because a guy selling cigarettes is a thug.

So anyway, while DFF craps his pants from transforming cigarette sellers into murderers--anybody interested in the t-shirt idea?

cajuncocoa
12-08-2014, 07:22 AM

Stormfront called. They miss you over there.

Neg rep.

specsaregood
12-08-2014, 07:34 AM
./

euphemia
12-08-2014, 07:50 AM

This is the key, right here. Police have a limited job description, just like any other tentacle of government. It seems like they do not understand the limits of the job or where their role is in serving and protecting the people. The guy was clearly not going to go anywhere. He lived there. Develop a case. Get a warrant. Arrest him. Turn him over for trial. Let the system work. Don't lay there on the sidewalk and squeeze his throat until he's dead.

GunnyFreedom
12-08-2014, 07:57 AM

Just remember, in DFF's mind, "the more dangerous elements of society" = "anybody who's not white."

Weston White
12-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Untaxed Cigarettes is serious business. That's just thugish behavior. Streets are safer and state revenue will no longer be lost. THANK YOU POLICE.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/05/nyregion/05loosie.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

AuH20
12-08-2014, 10:07 AM

Did Garner really think they would have gangpiled on him when he abstained? C'mon. The response was ridiculous.

JK/SEA
12-08-2014, 10:26 AM

PANTS UP
CAN'T BREATHE

JK/SEA
12-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Did Garner really think they would have gangpiled on him when he abstained? C'mon. The response was ridiculous.

meh...just another racist comment from the Grand Wizard...relax...

SeanTX
12-08-2014, 10:30 AM
The Michael Brown no one really wanted to touch, there's no video, so it was difficult to share on opinion, but EVERYONE agreed the Eric Garner one was ridiculous. That was flat out murder.

Even Glen Beck a little bit ago said of the Garner case "how can that not be manslaughter at the least?". You know things are getting bad when even the neocons are seeing a problem here.

And I heard one of his sidekicks complaining about how he had never been pulled over by the police much at all -- until he moved to Texas. I guess they are finding out it's not the "free state" they had envisioned. Of course they'd still be all for cops routinely pulling over "undersireables" -- it's just not so fun when the fishing expedition happens to them.

If would be nice if they could shift these protests away from Mike Brown and concentrate on Eric Garner and the next viral police brutality event that is sure to come soon.

JK/SEA
12-08-2014, 10:33 AM

'resisting' to the stasi means not dropping your pants and letting them rape you on the sidewalk...

Mani
12-09-2014, 01:38 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/05/nyregion/05loosie.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

$12.50 for a pack of smokes!?!? DAMN!!

No wonder there's a black market.

(snip)

Mr. Warner said he bought his cigarettes — almost always Newports — for a bit over $50 a carton from smugglers who get them in states like Virginia, where the state tax is well under a dollar a pack. He then resells them for 75 cents each, two for $1 or $8 for a pack ($7 for friends).

Mr. Warner said he and each of his two partners took home $120 to $150 a day, profit made from selling about 2,000 cigarettes, mostly two at a time. Each transaction is a misdemeanor offense.

Among all of Midtown’s cigarette vendors, Mr. Warner stands out, partly because he seems to get arrested more frequently than others. That may be because his style of salesmanship is hardly furtive.

“The cops call me a fish — that’s my nickname, cause I’m easy to catch,” Mr. Warner said during a series of recent interviews. “When they need a body to arrest, they come pick me up.”

In the four years since he began selling cigarettes, Mr. Warner recalls being arrested 15 times, generally on the charge of selling untaxed tobacco. He has been arrested so often that he can recognize 10 different plainclothes police officers, he claims. The ever-present risk of arrest makes working with partners valuable — “we have six eyes on this block,” he explained.

Over many court appearances, Mr. Warner has made a favorable impression on the lawyers in Midtown Community Court, who know him as Lonnie Loosie and consider him better company than the typical misdemeanor defendant.

“There are people who are known bad guys, and then there’s him,” said Russell S. Novack, the Legal Aid lawyer who represents many of Midtown’s hustlers, prostitutes, shoplifters and public drunks. “He’s like the goodwill ambassador of Eighth Avenue. And when he comes into court, he says hello to everybody.”

He's been arrested 15 times for selling cigarettes. Now the 31 times by Eric Garner doesn't seem so crazy.

(snip)

Mr. Warner asserts that the block is safer and less unruly because of him.

“We don’t allow people to sell drugs on this block,” he said. “We just don’t allow it.”

Mr. Warner grew up in Jersey City and spent about two decades in New Jersey prisons for a series of armed robberies. Those crimes date from a time when he says he was addicted to crack cocaine.

After his release from a 13-year sentence in 2006, Mr. Warner tried to find steady work in New York, but was invariably rebuffed — because of his felony status, he suspects. When he considers his options for making a living, he sees few besides selling loosies.

“I’m sorry that it’s come to this, but this is what it’s come to,” he said.

He said he would like to work someday as a barker for tour buses, selling Manhattan’s attractions to wandering tourists.

“I love the streets,” he said. “I love the people in the streets.”

Interesting. Once the system turns someone into a criminal, it seems they've caught them in a never-ending loop with no way out. Good for the Prison Industrial Complex.

This guy seems like a legit business man. The war on loosies will never be won with prices of $12.50 for a pack.

EBounding
12-09-2014, 08:42 AM
It is good to see the everyday person is seeing some of this crap come to light.

I hope you're right. Because at least on the internet my experience has been downright depressing and terrifying:

specsaregood
12-09-2014, 08:53 AM
I hope you're right. Because at least on the internet my experience has been downright depressing and terrifying:

"The people didn't hire eric to break laws"

Uhm, isn't that exactly what his customers did? And they did it voluntarily, they didn't need to have the money stolen from them to employ eric.

GunnyFreedom
12-09-2014, 09:09 AM
I have to say my eyes have been opened. I used to laugh at people who said the Tea Parties were full of racists. I ain't laughing no more. :(

cajuncocoa
12-09-2014, 09:53 AM
I have to say my eyes have been opened. I used to laugh at people who said the Tea Parties were full of racists. I ain't laughing no more. :(
I'm sorry you had to find out the hard way, Gunny. I did too, TBH. But I found out sooner, around the time it was co-opted by Beck-Palin, Inc.

JK/SEA
12-09-2014, 10:35 AM

those are the tea-o-cons...aka, 'entrenched republican old guard'...l

AuH20
12-09-2014, 10:38 AM

Full of? The most vocal sound much larger than they really are. It's typical in social media. Go peruse some of the comment sections of the major news sites. There always seems to be 3 or 4 clueless Aryans who are stirring up trouble.

otherone
12-09-2014, 11:12 AM

you sure?...

http://beforeitsnews.com/contributor/upload/5385/images/fbi%20false%20flag%20%28320%20x%20284%29.jpg

http://www.troll.me/images/ron-paul-racism/endorsed-by-david-duke.jpg

enhanced_deficit
12-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Derrick Rose, Reggie Bush, Other Athletes Wear "I can't breathe" Eric Garner Clothing
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy1MWplRGW4mi9dGVdAWsBy-Nwp37Gw3Wme1RPwhcnue2nlt_gAA

Bit confused, how can anyone protest non-hypocritically against chokegangstas while palling around with dronegangstas? Unless "I can't breathe" is for these kids below too?

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0809/chi_obama_noah_rose1_576.jpghttp://cdn1.gossipcenter.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/story_header/photos/reggie-bush-obama.jpg

Making for quite the patriotic morning, Reggie Bush was in high spirits as he awaited President Barack Obama - who was boarding Marine One at the South Lawn ...

Hands up, Don't shoot (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?464362-Hands-up-Don-t-shoot&)

http://www.magamerica.org/sites/default/files/432x297xiraqi-girl-hands-up.png.pagespeed.ic._suWbEjxtu.jpg

http://willyloman.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/drone-kids.jpg?w=468&h=468http://s1.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20121108&t=2&i=672185719&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=CDEE8A70L2E00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m88btcTTL4&feature=player_embedded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m88btcTTL4&feature=player_embedded

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-13-2014, 12:59 AM
Entire Georgetown Hoyas' basketball team wears "I can't breathe" t-shirts.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQd7Vn0oun_O5RRWP7uECE5h2J9rFr5E JmPJ_hLsrfh7UTQx2OP

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12012164/georgetown-hoyas-wear-breathe-t-shirts

Entire Los Angeles Lakers' team wears "I can't breathe" t-shirts.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2KxKmuni2Ha4YpR5rjzDoNVlLuC1vp z0gijHlmg2nGqVNmB89

GunnyFreedom
12-13-2014, 02:09 AM
you sure?...

http://beforeitsnews.com/contributor/upload/5385/images/fbi%20false%20flag%20%28320%20x%20284%29.jpg

http://www.troll.me/images/ron-paul-racism/endorsed-by-david-duke.jpg

Actually, I am assuming that is largely what happened to that one group on FB having been all over the Big6. And 'that's' where the racist tea party was, where the BSM is pointing America. I didn't distinguish it well. But the group itself did have overwhelming regular joes really into all that. that's what bothered me. It bothered me a lot.

Anti Federalist
12-13-2014, 11:25 AM
Interesting. Once the system turns someone into a criminal, it seems they've caught them in a never-ending loop with no way out. Good for the Prison Industrial Complex.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Notre Dame Women's Basketball team:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2dY8bmT891DBwd7Yvl-eBEsKfFGNcJ4SkBqZVHbf5m868LHaUvA