PDA

View Full Version : Candy Crowley out at CNN (most likely fired)

randomname
12-07-2014, 07:42 PM
No new job lined up apparently:

Candy Crowley Out at CNN: Read Jeff Zucker's Internal Memo
TV | By Jordan Chariton on December 5, 2014 @ 11:17 am
5588 2648 25Share233EmailPrint
Candy Crowley Out at CNN: Read Jeff Zucker's Internal Memo
The “State of the Union” host exits CNN after 27 years

Longtime CNN political anchor Candy Crowley is leaving the network, insiders familiar with the situation confirmed to The Wrap.

Also read: Candy Crowley on CNN's Hillary Clinton Doc: 'Politically, it Makes it Very Difficult For Me'

In a memo obtained by TheWrap, network president Jeff Zucker announced the news.

December 5, 2014
In her 27 years at CNN, Candy Crowley has been one of the most important and impactful journalists on our air. Since she joined us in 1987, her assignments have taken her to all 50 states, covering a broad range of political stories, including presidential, congressional and gubernatorial races. Candy made her mark covering the presidential campaigns of Pat Buchanan, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Howard Dean, Bob Dole, Jesse Jackson, Edward Kennedy, John Kerry, Barack Obama, Ronald Reagan and Mitt Romney. And as we all remember, she made her mark yet again in 2012 when she became the first woman to moderate a presidential debate in 20 years.

To say she lives and breathes politics is more than an understatement. She has an innate ability to sense its nuance, push its limits, and ask questions that others won't. She is beloved in Washington even by those that she so skillfully takes to task on Sunday mornings. And she's an award-winning journalist – taking home everything from a Peabody and Emmys to an Edward R. Murrow award. She is a television news icon.

Thus, it is with mixed emotions, that I wanted to let you know that Candy has let us know that she has made the decision to move on, so she can embark on the next chapter of her already prolific career. As difficult as it is for us to imagine CNN without Candy, we know that she comes to this decision thoughtfully, and she has our full support. There will be more time in the weeks ahead for all of you who have been lucky enough to work with Candy to share your own thanks for all she has done. But for now, on behalf of everyone at CNN, I want to extend my sincere gratitude and appreciation.

Jeff

CNN confirms to TheWrap Crowley will still host “State of the Union” this coming Sunday, where she'll interview former President George W. Bush.

No word on who will replace Crowley as host of Sunday's “State of the Union,” airing at 9am ET.

nobody's_hero
12-08-2014, 12:00 PM
I knew she was gonna get fired shortly after this interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IWvXMCYXME

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?462285-Video-Rand-Paul-on-State-of-the-Union-w-Candy-Crowley-11-2-14&highlight=rand+state+union

In fact:

Who is that lady and why is she conducting a rather decent interview with Rand Paul? We should send her thank you emails before CNN cans her for not making Rand look bad.

I mean, I was actually waiting for her to ask about his views on the Civil Rights act, but it never came. Now, if it had been MSNBC . . . I shudder to think how the interview would have gone.

MSM is so predictable. But why is it every time they fire someone like the Judge or Candy Crowley, it goes down like Hitler asking Rommel to commit suicide, you know?

Like, 'we know you have done a great service to us, but now you must go away. Do not worry. We will tell your fans that this was all okay with you, and that you moved on to bigger and better things. Now, here is your pink slip; you know what must be done.'

And people buy that shit, and thus the only reasonable people left in the MSM quietly fade into obscurity.

thoughtomator
12-08-2014, 12:02 PM
I'm sure the Democratic Party or Wall Street will have some comfortable sinecure for her.

Ronin Truth
12-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Hang it up Candy, give us a break, you've already done enough damage.