PDA

View Full Version : Univision Debate Important for Ron

JPFromTally
12-03-2007, 12:06 PM
http://www.gambling911.com/Republican-Debate-Most-Watched-120107.html

For anyone who thinks the Latino vote won't make a difference, think again. Univision's September 9 Democratic debate reached a whopping 2.2 million viewers.

Some key points to consider here is that Univision's Democratic debate did bring in the biggest audience thus far in the 25-54 demo coveted by news advertisers, beating CNN's YouTube debate in July. Univision drew 1.3 million viewers in the demo compared with CNN's aud of just over a million in July.

The discrepancy between the total viewer and demo numbers shows how much younger Univision is than any of the broadcast nets or cable newsies. The average viewer age for Univision's forum was 36 compared with 61 for debates carried on English-language webs.

Obviously, Dr. Paul is attractive to this age group (30-40) so it's important to expand to the Hispanic demographic.

Lucid American
12-03-2007, 12:12 PM
It will be interesting to see if legal Mexican immigrants want their former countrymen to wait in line or if they are more sympathetic toward the illegal immigrants.

Those who came legally, I think, typically detest those who don't.

AlexMerced
12-03-2007, 12:16 PM
as a latino, I can attest most voting latinos are for a stronger border and against welfare, myself included. Nothing pisses us off more than getting treat like crap for the actions of others, although the blame should be put on the WTO, NAFTA, and Social Programs. I wouldn't say we detest illegals, but don't like having our imaged soiled on by them or by gangbangers (end the drug war), damn kids :).

this debate willmake or break early states like Florida and Nevada

Ron Pauls position would strengthen much on central americas economy and bring upon political stability which would really kill the number of illegals, and if he can ever pull of abolishing the welfare state, then open borders, oh boy!

JPFromTally
12-03-2007, 12:17 PM
My mom came here from South America and it took her 8 years to become an American citizen. Then and only then did she decide to have children.

She worked her ass off, got an education and paid her taxes.

However, I think it's unwise to think that this is the only issue Latino voters care about... Most of the young people speak fluent English and are just as concerned about the war, economy, etc.

AlexMerced
12-03-2007, 12:20 PM
very true, my mom was soldon the anti-war stance, and alot of my family really dislikes the CIA... partly cause they are allegedly involved in my grandfathers (the overthrowing of Arbenz in guatemala, my Granddad was one of the heads of the coup that tookhim out, back by the CIA) death, but that's a story for another day.