PDA

View Full Version : Tea To D.C. Poll

john_anderson_ii
12-03-2007, 12:02 PM
I was close to saying "eff it" but then I heard some pretty good ideas.

The first idea is to send tea wrappers. The second is pictures of tea and the teaparty07 logo.

The most involved idea is to get the D.C. meet up to receive all of our tea, and hold a press conference of some sort to "present" the tea to the white house. Hopefully while plugging teparty07.com.

Finally, we can do nothing and script it. I like option 3.

me3
12-03-2007, 12:04 PM
You do realize Dr. Paul is not even on the DC Ballot (on a short deadline), and now you want the DC MeetUps to take time away from that to deliver tea and hold a press conference?

Quick, someone hit me in the head with a baseball bat, just to make sure I'm not dreaming...

valenciastudent
12-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Why don't we send a tea bag to every person in Iowa based on the list that has been purchased? It can be coupled with a nice letter that people can read while their Tea is simmering?

Lets turn this into a positive!

paulitics
12-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Any mail item with a lump in it, that is not uniform or secure must be presented before it is sent out. I talked to someone local, and she was vague about wether it would pass through or not. I can't speak for every locality. It depends on where it goes out. People need to think of why these percautions must be taken, before they just dump hundreds of tea envelopes in the mail. I still am against this idea, because it is not being thought out properly, and the responses of "screw em all" I'm doing it anyway is irresponsible.

Godbag
12-03-2007, 12:42 PM
meh... i give up... thought emptying the teabags was a good idea(cant see a proper threat about "trace substances" in an empty bunch of teabags) but no one can agree on it so i give up... hope the idea dies in as much pain as it was born...

RonPaulVolunteer
12-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Please don't distract the media away from Ron Paul's money bomb. That's all this will do. We will have constant media coverage on this day, we don't want anything to take away from that. One day, ONE purpose. Money for Ron!

paulitics
12-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Simple Solution! Empty The Tea Out Of The Teabag Before Sending It! No More Bump, No More Security Scare About "substances In The Mail", No More Problems!

Not true. Anything in an envelope not uniform, may or may not be permitted depending on the substance. Opening up sealed bags, and emtying out the contents, becomes tampering with the substance. There are probably rules against this. You may want to cal USPS, before breaking the law. What I was told is that it must be presented first. ANY loose item, may or may not be accpetable. OK.

paulitics
12-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Simple Solution! Empty The Tea Out Of The Teabag Before Sending It! No more bump so all packages will get through, No more security scare about "substances in the mail", No More Problems!

Anyone see a problem?

Not true. Anything in an envelope not uniform, may or may not be permitted depending on the substance. Opening up sealed bags, and emtying out the contents, becomes very questionable, because of tampering with the substance. and trace elements of the substance. You may want to call USPS, before breaking the law. What I was told is that it must be presented first. ANY loose item, may or may not be accpetable. You can't just send hundreds of opened tea wrappers, and ASSUME that it isn't a problem.

Godbag
12-03-2007, 12:56 PM
well i guess someone should call a post office... i wouldnt really call a teabag "sealed", id say its porous(doubt that changes anything).. also tears easily... but like i said ive given up.. not worth argueing as everyone is unlikely to agree... but ask the Post Office anyway, maybe its ok...