PDA

View Full Version : Peter King - Eric Garner did this to himself.

Anti Federalist
12-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Rep. Peter King blames Eric Garner’s death on health problems

Updated December 4, 2014 4:58 PM

https://www.newsday.com/news/nation/peter-king-blames-eric-garner-s-death-on-health-problems-1.9681590

Eric Garner, the man who NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo held in an apparent chokehold, almost certainly would not have died had he not had health problems such as asthma and obesity, Rep. Peter King said Wednesday night.

"You had a 350-pound person who was resisting arrest. The police were trying to bring him down as quickly as possible,” King, a Seaford Republican who represents Long Island’s 2nd Congressional District, said on CNN's "The Situation Room With Wolf Blitzer." "If he had not had asthma and a heart condition and was so obese, then almost definitely he would not have died from this. The police had no reason to know that he was in serious condition.”

In the video, which has since been picked up by multiple media outlets, King said he agreed with a grand jury’s decision not to indict Pantaleo in the July 17 death of Garner. Police were trying to arrest Garner, 43, for allegedly selling untaxed cigarettes on Staten Island.

“Once he started [to] resist arrest, they had no choice but to try to bring him down, and I don’t think there’s any evidence at all, any indication, that they wanted to choke him, or they wanted to kill him or cause any severe harm at all,” King said.

No indication they wanted to choke him:

http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/eric-garner-4.jpg

TaftFan
12-04-2014, 09:55 PM
He sucks. A lot.

www.peterkingrino.blogspot.com

Origanalist
12-04-2014, 09:56 PM
So, FrankRep is Peter King?

CPUd
12-04-2014, 09:59 PM
"if U can't breathe, U can't talk..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8AC9O6ZpHk

Anti Federalist
12-04-2014, 10:01 PM
DoubleThink:

dou·ble·think

/ˈdəbəlˌTHiNGk/

noun

noun: doublethink; noun: double-think

the acceptance of or mental capacity to accept contrary opinions or beliefs at the same time, especially as a result of political indoctrination.

Anti Federalist
DoubleThink:

dou·ble·think

/ˈdəbəlˌTHiNGk/

noun

noun: doublethink; noun: double-think

the acceptance of or mental capacity to accept contrary opinions or beliefs at the same time, especially as a result of political indoctrination.

DFF
It's a known fact that US police resort to violence at the drop of dime. Things have been this way for a very long time.

So knowing that this is the way they are, why would you want to resist arrest - even a little bit?

Better to get arrested, stay alive, post bail, then hire a lawyer.

But if some folks here continue to believe that is not the best approach when dealing cops, go ahead, get aggressive with the fuckers.

Then later on, we can write a thread about you and discuss how you wound up in the hospital or in the cemetery.

Anti Federalist
12-04-2014, 10:12 PM
It's a known fact that US police resort to violence at the drop of dime. Things have been this way for a very long time.

So knowing that this is the way they are, why would you want to resist arrest - even a little bit?

But if some folks here continue to believe that is not the best approach when dealing cops, go ahead, get aggressive with the fuckers.

Then later on, we can write a thread about you and discuss how you wound up in the hospital or in the cemetery.

Well, besides the fact that submitting in such a groveling fashion is wholly outside the realm of what should be expected in a free society of a free man, there is the other issue:

Many people have been wholly compliant and killed by cops.

Many others had no idea cops were around and about to light them up: the two old ladies that got "Dornered" or Baby Bou Bou, for instance.

That said, I agree to certain extent, avoid the fuckers at all costs, do not talk to them, do not allow them onto your property, shun them if they are friends or family.

DFF
12-04-2014, 10:26 PM
Avoid cops like the plague, because they are dangerous. But they're everywhere nowadays, so when (not if) you have to interact with one, it's best to be super-passive.

I realize this sucks, and I'm not high on submission in the least. But what's the alternative? Fight one of the motherfuckers? We all know how that turns out...

Occam's Banana
12-04-2014, 10:29 PM

Had to neg rep this "blame the victim" bullshit. DFF shouldn't mind, though.

After all, by his own logic, DFF did this to himself ...

DFF
12-04-2014, 10:34 PM

Look I don't like the way cops are in the US. In fact, I fucking hate their ass with a passion. But at same time, I realize that they're are right ways and wrong ways to deal with them.

Charging some cop ain't the right way to resolve things. Nor is flaying your arms around and semi-resisting arrest.

Doing these things is going to lead to one of these outcomes. One, you get put in the hospital. Two, you get put in the cemetery.

This is just the way things are in the United States. I don't like it, but it is what it is, at least for now...

Origanalist
12-04-2014, 10:34 PM

Don't forget the "sadly" part.

DFF
12-04-2014, 10:45 PM
I'm not picking sides with the cops. Just trying to be realistic and inject some common sense into the conversation from a lifetime of dealing with police both in the US and abroad.

But if you think it's best to not be passive and instead get aggressive with cops, then be my guest. We will see you on the other side.

Occam's Banana
12-04-2014, 10:56 PM

... and he neg-reps me back, saying "eat a dick bananna" - LOL. So I guess he's a hypocrite as well as a bootlicker ...

But what else can be expected from a "realistic" poser who's so eager to complain when people like Eric Garner don't grovel and simper as much as he thinks they should?

TaftFan
12-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Sounds like you agree with King:

12-04-2014 11:05 PM
DFF
Thread: Peter King - Eric Garner did this to himself.

you suck a lot too =)

DFF
12-04-2014, 11:05 PM
Garner had previously been arrested 30 times. He should've known better than to get even slightly aggressive with the NYPD. And now he's dead because he didn't use good judgement.

This is what happens to idiots in the world: they die. Nature weeds out retards in a most brutal fashion.

muh_roads
12-04-2014, 11:12 PM
http://media.virbcdn.com/files/57/54c1955b28121bce-peter_king_scowls.jpg

http://thefinereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Peter-King-angry-fake-scowl.jpg

http://thenavigatoronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/peter_king_super_angry_AP.jpg

Occam's Banana
12-04-2014, 11:12 PM
Garner had previously been arrested 30 times. He should've known better than to get even slightly aggressive with the NYPD. And now he's dead because he didn't use good judgement.

Yeah, that's right!

You'd think that after having been previously choked to death 30 times, he'd have realized that he was going to be choked to death again ... :rolleyes:

This is what happens to idiots in the world: they die.

What, you mean as opposed to the people who are not idiots?

Nature weeds out retards in a most brutal fashion.

If that's the case, then I hope that your affairs are in order and your will is up to date ...

specsaregood
12-04-2014, 11:17 PM

With all this talk of eating and sucking dick, I have to ask: Should some cop whip their little fella out and tell you to get to sucking, are you gonna resist? even a little bit?

AngryCanadian
12-04-2014, 11:18 PM

This is what happens to idiots in the world: they die. Nature weeds out retards in a most brutal fashion.

Sounds like you agree with a known warmonger. I saw the youtube vid he didn't seem to being aggressive with the cops. Aggression actions comes in forms of bodily harm not verbal.

Origanalist
12-04-2014, 11:18 PM
and he neg-reps me back, saying "eat a dick bananna"

I don't think it works that way...just sayin'.

DFF
12-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Sounds like you agree with a known warmonger.

A broken clock is right twice a day, and in this instance, King is correct.

Garner didn't handle the situation properly and now he's dead.

This is unfortunate, because I don't think he deserved to die.

But when you make foolish decisions, you open the door to bad outcomes.

Mr. Garner simply didn't use his head, and like I said, nature is quick to purge fools.

You may not like it, but this is the way the world is and always has been.

Origanalist
12-04-2014, 11:20 PM
With all this talk of eating and sucking dick, I have to ask: Should some cop whip their little fella out and tell you to get to sucking, are you gonna resist? even a little bit?

He brought it on himself.

DFF
12-04-2014, 11:39 PM
Ignorance is what truly killed Garner...and Brown, and Martin.

Just like when you step out in front of car and get hit...was it the cars fault, or your own for not exercising good judgement?

Put the blame where it rightfully belongs, on the aforementioned individuals lack of a brain.

http://www.queen-of-theme-party-games.com/images/scarecrow-wizard-of-oz.jpg

Christian Liberty
12-05-2014, 12:13 AM
DFF seems to be commenting on pragmatics, saying that if you resist arrest, you will likely get killed. So, in order to stay alive, you shouldn't do it.

I honestly sort of agree with him, if that's what he's saying. Its kind of like saying "don't walk in a dark alley." No, if you get mugged or raped or killed, its not "your fault" if you do walk in the dark alley, but you still shouldn't do it. As a PRAGMATIC issue, not a moral one.

Peter King, on the other hand...

Christian Liberty
12-05-2014, 12:14 AM

Just like when you step out in front of car and get hit...was it the cars fault, or your own for not exercising good judgement?

Put the blame where it rightfully belongs, on the aforementioned individuals lack of a brain.

You mean the ignorance of the cops?

I missed this last post when I posted my first one. Sorry to the rest of you.

AngryCanadian
12-05-2014, 12:22 AM

Mr. Garner simply didn't use his head, and like I said, nature is quick to purge fools.

I doubt you saw the video.

Did he assault the officers? no he didn't do you want me to end your debate with that video?

I ma assuming that is an TX phrase.

Occam's Banana
12-05-2014, 12:30 AM

So now anyone who gets hit by a car is an idiot who "deserved it" ...

The goons over at policeone.com (http://thefreethoughtproject.com/comments-cops-eric-garner-decision-turn-stomach) (h/t Origanalist (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?464250-%93kick-some-thug-ass-%94-policeone-via-Free-Thought-Project)) appreciate your support (and if you could just get on your knees when you do that, that'd be great ...).

Christian Liberty
12-05-2014, 12:42 AM
I agree that, pragmatically, you shouldn't be uncooperative unless you are willing to deal with the fact that you're going to get into trouble.

Much like you shouldn't walk throug a dark alley in a shady part of town alone if you don't want to get mugged.

That doesn't make anything about the situation justified or moral on the part of the aggressors, or immoral on the part of the victims.

Does anyone disagree with this?

AngryCanadian
12-05-2014, 12:44 AM

Still waiting for a response from you did Eric assault the cops to earn the kill?

Brian4Liberty
12-05-2014, 01:00 AM
The cops killed him, no doubt about that. Was that the intent? Most likely not. Were they following procedure? Sadly they probably were, and that is the systemic issue involved here. Obviously the cop that put him in a headlock did not need to escalate the situation like that at that time. It was not justified.

They also ignored his problem breathing and rapid unconsciousness. Yes, his poor health was the reason he died, but do we want the police to be some kind of Darwin Patrol, weeding out the weak?

Could Garner have done something different? Sure, but that's still no guarantee they wouldn't have jumped on him.

coastie
12-05-2014, 01:41 AM

http://i58.tinypic.com/35k23km.jpg

Mani
12-05-2014, 01:57 AM

I agree bad judgement is ENCOUNTERING A POLICE OFFICER IN THE FIRST PLACE. GOOD JUDGEMENT IS AVOIDING THEM AT ALL COSTS....But your take is that if you do encounter a cop, use good judgement. I think that's missing the point about how some people get killed by cops regardless of their behavior when the cops show up.

#1) Did this kid use poor judgement? He did this to himself? He shouldn't answer the door with a Wii remote in his hands? Is good judgement never answer the door of your home with a Wii remote in one hand? Otherwise you're an idiot that deserves to die?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/georgia-teen-holding-wii-remote-shot-cops-front-door-family-lawyer-article-1.1619842

It just doesn't add up,” family attorney Cole Law told WSBTV. “He heard a knock at the door. He asked who it was, there was no response so he opened the door and upon opening the door he was immediately shot in the chest.”

#2) Did this kid use poor judgement when the police arrived? I'm not referring to prior, I'm talking about when the police arrived? Watch the video, the kid is not pointing his toy gun at the cops, his hands are at his side and is dead before the cop car even stops moving.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/03/officer-who-fatally-shot-tamir-rice-had-been-judged-unfit

On a Saturday afternoon last month, Loehmann and a partner, Frank Garmack, were dispatched to Cleveland’s Cudell Commons Park after a 911 caller reported “a guy” in the park was pointing a “probably fake” gun at people. Surveillance video recovered after the incident showed Tamir Rice, the 12-year-old, handling a pistol-sized pellet gun.

Loehmann shot the boy dead within two seconds of a police car driven by Garmack arriving to the park and pulling to a stop within feet of the child. In the video, released by Cleveland police a week ago, Loehmann appears to fire his gun as he opens the door to leave the police car.

#3) So did this guy use poor judgement when decided not to drive home drunk, he hangs out at a friends house in the backyard and gets killed by the cops? Cops insist the garden hose was pointed at them, do you believe everything you read in a police report?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338571/Douglas-Zerby-shot-dead-police-holding-GARDEN-HOSE-nozzle-gun-chief-admits.html

The dead man's sister denounced the shooting and said legal action was being considered.

Eden Marie Biele said: 'He never knew there was a problem. Police snuck down the corridor and shot him.

'He was killed in cold blood. He was a drunk sitting on a stoop fumbling with a hose nozzle'.

She accused the police of not making verbal or visual contact with Mr Zerby.

Ms Biele said: 'They didn't say "Put your hands up" or "Freeze" or anything.'

#4) Did this man who survived a serious car accident use bad judgement? He's bloody, barefoot, desperately seeking help, he finds the cops.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mari-fagel/jonathan-ferrell-attorney_b_4676681.html

"The dash cam video clearly shows an unarmed African American young male approaching the police officers, not running away from them, hands out, he's posing no threat to them whatsoever and you hear Officer Kerrick shoot him," says attorney Chris Chestnut.

It's 1, 2, 3, 4, pause, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, pause, 1, 2. A total of 12 shots, 10 hit the victim, mainly in his torso, and all at a downward angle, suggesting that Officer Kerrick at the time of firing his weapon was in a superior position. Thus, Jonathan was no threat to him at all, highlighted by the fact there are two other officers standing to the left and right of Officer Kerrick who never drew their guns.

The commands they issued, they never identified themselves as Charlotte police, they never say stop, freeze, etc., and when they finally do begin to issue commands, the succession of gunshots is so immediate that no reasonable human being could have reacted. He emptied the clip."

Chestnut adds that Kerrick's behavior after he fired the shots highlights his lack of regard for Ferrell's life.

"What's most aggravating about all of this, just shocking and inhumane, after they shot him ten times on the ground, they handcuffed him. The handcuffs weren't removed from Jonathan Ferrell's body until he got to the medical examiners office."

#5) Did this woman use bad judgement? She's with 2 trusted friends, not out alone, seems responsible thing to do. She and 2 friends waiting for a taxi to avoid drinking and driving. Seems good judgement. When cops show up and ask her male friends to GTFO or get arrested. She complies with the police only to be beaten, raped, and thrown from the cop car. Did she use bad judgement? Is she an idiot who deserved what she got? She didn't fight with the cops when they told her to get into the backseat of their car...

http://politicalblindspot.com/demand-suspension-of-the-lapd-cops-who-kidnapped-and-sexually-assaulted-kim-nguyen/

The Los Angeles officer began assaulting her after she was picked up for being intoxicated, along with her two male friends. The only problem was that they were “intoxicated” while waiting for a taxi cab, so as to avoid drinking and driving. The two men were told to leave, or they would be charged too. Nguyen, however, was detained and sexually assaulted.

Footage from a security camera caught Nguyen on tape after being thrown from the cruiser. The video and stills below shows 27-year-old Nguyen lying seriously hurt. She woke up after a six-day, medically induced coma. Her mouth was wired shut and all of her teeth were knocked out.

So this woman and all these other dead people are idiots who did not use good judgement when they encountered cops? To say just use good judgement and cops won't kill you, is playing right into King's hands. It's dodging the issue of cops abusing their power and killing people for no good reason.

The more we allow the Fat nonviolent Eric Garners to be choked to death, the more we allow wannabe thug unarmed Michael Browns to be executed, the more 12 years will be shot for twitching funny. The more people will be killed answering their door because they, "Looked aggressive." The more it is acceptable for the cops to EXECUTE people for giving dirty looks to cops. Cops are NOT EXECUTIONERS, but everytime they get a pass, it just reinforces their ability to kill anyone for anything with zero consequences.

Mani
12-05-2014, 02:21 AM
One of my favorites:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?460390-Dash-cam-video-captures-police-shooting-of-unarmed-South-Carolina-man

Cop: GET OUT OF THE CAR! SHOW ME YOUR LICENSE! GET OUT OF THE CAR!

Mundane gets out of car, then goes to get license...

Cop: *BLAM* *BLAM*

Mundane: Why'd you shoot me?

Cop: You got back in the car. you didn't follow orders!

Mundane: You asked for my license, I was getting my license...

Did the mundane use bad judgement?

Or the old man who slowly got out of the car during a traffic stop then got shot for going to get his walking cane. Did he use bad judgement because crippled old people shouldn't use their walking sticks when encountering police?

It goes on and on and on...These are just a small small small few.

jkob
12-05-2014, 02:44 AM
fuck Peter King

cindy25
12-05-2014, 02:55 AM
this is part of the 911 mentality that worships the police and military, and no place is it stronger than NYC. and I don't see how Rand gets past it. this mentality dominates the the GOP base in Iowa and SC.

jmdrake
12-05-2014, 04:07 AM
Rep. Peter King blames Eric Garner’s death on health problems

Updated December 4, 2014 4:58 PM

https://www.newsday.com/news/nation/peter-king-blames-eric-garner-s-death-on-health-problems-1.9681590

Eric Garner, the man who NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo held in an apparent chokehold, almost certainly would not have died had he not had health problems such as asthma and obesity, Rep. Peter King said Wednesday night.

"You had a 350-pound person who was resisting arrest. The police were trying to bring him down as quickly as possible,” King, a Seaford Republican who represents Long Island’s 2nd Congressional District, said on CNN's "The Situation Room With Wolf Blitzer." "If he had not had asthma and a heart condition and was so obese, then almost definitely he would not have died from this. The police had no reason to know that he was in serious condition.”

In the video, which has since been picked up by multiple media outlets, King said he agreed with a grand jury’s decision not to indict Pantaleo in the July 17 death of Garner. Police were trying to arrest Garner, 43, for allegedly selling untaxed cigarettes on Staten Island.

“Once he started [to] resist arrest, they had no choice but to try to bring him down, and I don’t think there’s any evidence at all, any indication, that they wanted to choke him, or they wanted to kill him or cause any severe harm at all,” King said.

No indication they wanted to choke him:

http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/eric-garner-4.jpg

I'm tired of jackasses trying to pretend this rear naked choke isn't a choke. I dare anybody who thinks it isn't to volunteer to be put in one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LppnEfRoFIM

Schifference
12-05-2014, 06:07 AM
Did the coroner change the cause of death from homicide? It is reassuring that we have politicians that make decisions for us and police, government, CPS, and all the other regulatory agencies that protect us and our loved ones.

CaptUSA
12-05-2014, 06:33 AM
Nearly every accountant worth his salt in the US costs the government more revenue with a few keystrokes than Mr. Garner would have in an entire year.

Why is this important?

Because this was not about Garner violating any "law". This is about the State making "laws" that criminalize peaceful behavior in order to control a populace and extract monies from an underclass. It's legalized plunder. And when the flashing blue lights come around, you know the shakedown is on its way. Either bend over and pay the bullies or end up becoming an addition to the highest incarceration rate in the world. If you don't like those options - there's always death.

And the idea that anyone could simply bend over and then seek a remedy in the courts is another fallacy that some of these copsuckers choose to believe. Your odds of succeeding in such an endeavor are miniscule at best. Remember that they have crafted the "law" to work in their favor.

nobody's_hero
12-05-2014, 07:41 AM
http://media.virbcdn.com/files/57/54c1955b28121bce-peter_king_scowls.jpg

http://thefinereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Peter-King-angry-fake-scowl.jpg

http://thenavigatoronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/peter_king_super_angry_AP.jpg

Actually he is smiling in the first two photos.

jmdrake
12-05-2014, 08:06 AM
Look I don't like the way cops are in the US. In fact, I fucking hate their ass with a passion. But at same time, I realize that they're are right ways and wrong ways to deal with them.

Charging some cop ain't the right way to resolve things. Nor is flaying your arms around and semi-resisting arrest.

Doing these things is going to lead to one of these outcomes. One, you get put in the hospital. Two, you get put in the cemetery.

This is just the way things are in the United States. I don't like it, but it is what it is, at least for now...

Well the witness that said Mike Brown was "charging the cop" initially said that Mike Brown was "walking on the sidewalk". That witness isn't particularly credible. But he backed up the police story and that's why he stuck with it. And yeah, if Garner had "submitted to athoritay" he'd still be alive. But then again so would Crispus Attucks. We might not even have a United States of America if people like him hadn't decided to resist the redcoats.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part2/images/2cris2378b.jpg

And as I recall....that revolution started largely over taxes on certain commodities as well. And check out these looters.

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/boston-tea-party-as-indiansuner1.jpg

jonhowe
12-05-2014, 08:09 AM
this is part of the 911 mentality that worships the police and military, and no place is it stronger than NYC. and I don't see how Rand gets past it. this mentality dominates the the GOP base in Iowa and SC.

New Yorker here: This case has woken people the fuck up, at least for a moment. I have not found any non police union member or relative who supports this decision. I work at a bar with a vast mix of clientele; from Wall Streeters and corporate lawyers, to the delivery guys ('undocumented workers') for the restaurants in the area (unofficial happy hour all day for those hard working guys). I've never seen any issue that so many people agree on. The ONLY 2 people I've heard support the cop in this case (and I've been talking about this for months; it's a 'have a chat' kind of bar) are a former cop who now advises actors on how to act like cops, and a TSA agent who is our most annoying customer anyways. His 'pops was a cop', as he likes to remind us. His 'pops' was probably a thug, too.

I'm doing my damnedest to show them that this isn't isolated and that the problem is bigger than just 'racist cops'. I pretty much just recite AntiFederalists thread titles to them.

And yet somehow Peter King is still around. Clearly your premise is invalid.

And FWIW, nature did not purge anyone. A half dozen cops murdered a man over allegedly unpaid taxes. Nothing natural about that.

He quietly submitted 30+ other times and what did it get him?

No one is saying it's smart to argue with police; it's best to say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. But can you blame a guy for getting annoyed? He was committing no crime. By the time things got physical (arm around neck) he had his hands up and wasn't resisting; he was simply trying to live. Google the "drowning response"; humans have a natural/instinctive set of body movements they do when they are drowning. The man was struggling to breathe, not to fight the cops.

moostraks
12-05-2014, 08:22 AM
I agree bad judgement is ENCOUNTERING A POLICE OFFICER IN THE FIRST PLACE. GOOD JUDGEMENT IS AVOIDING THEM AT ALL COSTS....But your take is that if you do encounter a cop, use good judgement. I think that's missing the point about how some people get killed by cops regardless of their behavior when the cops show up.

#1) Did this kid use poor judgement? He did this to himself? He shouldn't answer the door with a Wii remote in his hands? Is good judgement never answer the door of your home with a Wii remote in one hand? Otherwise you're an idiot that deserves to die?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/georgia-teen-holding-wii-remote-shot-cops-front-door-family-lawyer-article-1.1619842

It just doesn't add up,” family attorney Cole Law told WSBTV. “He heard a knock at the door. He asked who it was, there was no response so he opened the door and upon opening the door he was immediately shot in the chest.”

#2) Did this kid use poor judgement when the police arrived? I'm not referring to prior, I'm talking about when the police arrived? Watch the video, the kid is not pointing his toy gun at the cops, his hands are at his side and is dead before the cop car even stops moving.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/03/officer-who-fatally-shot-tamir-rice-had-been-judged-unfit

On a Saturday afternoon last month, Loehmann and a partner, Frank Garmack, were dispatched to Cleveland’s Cudell Commons Park after a 911 caller reported “a guy” in the park was pointing a “probably fake” gun at people. Surveillance video recovered after the incident showed Tamir Rice, the 12-year-old, handling a pistol-sized pellet gun.

Loehmann shot the boy dead within two seconds of a police car driven by Garmack arriving to the park and pulling to a stop within feet of the child. In the video, released by Cleveland police a week ago, Loehmann appears to fire his gun as he opens the door to leave the police car.

#3) So did this guy use poor judgement when decided not to drive home drunk, he hangs out at a friends house in the backyard and gets killed by the cops? Cops insist the garden hose was pointed at them, do you believe everything you read in a police report?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338571/Douglas-Zerby-shot-dead-police-holding-GARDEN-HOSE-nozzle-gun-chief-admits.html

The dead man's sister denounced the shooting and said legal action was being considered.

Eden Marie Biele said: 'He never knew there was a problem. Police snuck down the corridor and shot him.

'He was killed in cold blood. He was a drunk sitting on a stoop fumbling with a hose nozzle'.

#4) Did this man who survived a serious car accident use bad judgement? He's bloody, barefoot, desperately seeking help, he finds the cops.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mari-fagel/jonathan-ferrell-attorney_b_4676681.html

"The dash cam video clearly shows an unarmed African American young male approaching the police officers, not running away from them, hands out, he's posing no threat to them whatsoever and you hear Officer Kerrick shoot him," says attorney Chris Chestnut.

It's 1, 2, 3, 4, pause, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, pause, 1, 2. A total of 12 shots, 10 hit the victim, mainly in his torso, and all at a downward angle, suggesting that Officer Kerrick at the time of firing his weapon was in a superior position. Thus, Jonathan was no threat to him at all, highlighted by the fact there are two other officers standing to the left and right of Officer Kerrick who never drew their guns.

The commands they issued, they never identified themselves as Charlotte police, they never say stop, freeze, etc., and when they finally do begin to issue commands, the succession of gunshots is so immediate that no reasonable human being could have reacted. He emptied the clip."

Chestnut adds that Kerrick's behavior after he fired the shots highlights his lack of regard for Ferrell's life.

"What's most aggravating about all of this, just shocking and inhumane, after they shot him ten times on the ground, they handcuffed him. The handcuffs weren't removed from Jonathan Ferrell's body until he got to the medical examiners office."

#5) Did this woman use bad judgement? She's with 2 trusted friends, not out alone, seems responsible thing to do. She and 2 friends waiting for a taxi to avoid drinking and driving. Seems good judgement. When cops show up and ask her male friends to GTFO or get arrested. She complies with the police only to be beaten, raped, and thrown from the cop car. Did she use bad judgement? Is she an idiot who deserved what she got? She didn't fight with the cops when they told her to get into the backseat of their car...

http://politicalblindspot.com/demand-suspension-of-the-lapd-cops-who-kidnapped-and-sexually-assaulted-kim-nguyen/

The Los Angeles officer began assaulting her after she was picked up for being intoxicated, along with her two male friends. The only problem was that they were “intoxicated” while waiting for a taxi cab, so as to avoid drinking and driving. The two men were told to leave, or they would be charged too. Nguyen, however, was detained and sexually assaulted.

Footage from a security camera caught Nguyen on tape after being thrown from the cruiser. The video and stills below shows 27-year-old Nguyen lying seriously hurt. She woke up after a six-day, medically induced coma. Her mouth was wired shut and all of her teeth were knocked out.

So this woman and all these other dead people are idiots who did not use good judgement when they encountered cops? To say just use good judgement and cops won't kill you, is playing right into King's hands. It's dodging the issue of cops abusing their power and killing people for no good reason.

The more we allow the Fat nonviolent Eric Garners to be choked to death, the more we allow wannabe thug unarmed Michael Browns to be executed, the more 12 years will be shot for twitching funny. The more people will be killed answering their door because they, "Looked aggressive." The more it is acceptable for the cops to EXECUTE people for giving dirty looks to cops. Cops are NOT EXECUTIONERS, but everytime they get a pass, it just reinforces their ability to kill anyone for anything with zero consequences.

Well said!!! Thank you for saving me the time of asking this very same question. I want to know from those who are parroting the line we should all allow the officers to do as they wish whether they can grasp that you will only get more arrogant, vile, abusive officers if you continue to command the populace stand down and comply. I have learned, through a number of abusive relationships, the only way to stop violent people is to avoid contact. The only way to keep them from becoming more violent is not to comply but to stop giving into their demands.

The police have become a pack of rabid fools. They need to be hounded with every misdeed they commit until they understand the public is not their slave. They need to have funding cut, imo to zero but that's me. They do not need more toys such as cameras because it is quite apparent that filming is not going to benefit prosecution of misdeeds and is likely just an expansion of surveillance upon mundanes. Some folks need to wrap their brains around every officer becoming a roaming camera. With three felonies a day, who believes these feeds won't be scrutinized to fleece the population for every infraction? The more infractions they can find, the more necessity they will claim for their own existence. I am tired of funding this crap.

jonhowe
12-05-2014, 08:31 AM
They do not need more toys such as cameras because it is quite apparent that filming is not going to benefit prosecution of misdeeds and is likely just an expansion of surveillance upon mundanes.

I agree with everything but this. Look at the outrage this incident produced. If it wasn't on film, the report would have said that "a fight ensued" or "the suspect charged the officers" or something like that. He has a lot of priors; people would have believed it.

Look at the 12 year old with the toy gun; the police report said he was told to put the gun down "3 times". The video shows the cop firing before he even left the vehicle, and NEVER telling him to drop the gun. Even if it doesn't send cops to jail this time, or next time, or next time, it can help get the word out that the cops are NOT HERE TO PROTECT YOU. They will KILL YOU over ANYTHING if they feel like it. Even if it doesn't change policy at all, it can help people realize that you should avoid cops at all costs.

Henry Rogue
12-05-2014, 08:40 AM

Good thing the jews didn't resist getting into the cattle cars or they could have risked a chokehold.

moostraks
12-05-2014, 08:40 AM
I agree with everything but this. Look at the outrage this incident produced. If it wasn't on film, the report would have said that "a fight ensued" or "the suspect charged the officers" or something like that. He has a lot of priors; people would have believed it.

Look at the 12 year old with the toy gun; the police report said he was told to put the gun down "3 times". The video shows the cop firing before he even left the vehicle, and NEVER telling him to drop the gun. Even if it doesn't send cops to jail this time, or next time, or next time, it can help get the word out that the cops are NOT HERE TO PROTECT YOU. They will KILL YOU over ANYTHING if they feel like it. Even if it doesn't change policy at all, it can help people realize that you should avoid cops at all costs.

Police the police projects are good. Giving the cameras to the police and appointing a government entity to police them, not so much. Now, looks like those who think the government should get these new cameras will get to have their chance for us to fund that project. I am betting the government is salivating to get all these roaming cameras. Not the police salivating right now because they know they will be needing to pad a few more pockets to get out of trouble, but higher up the food chain, yeah I think they really are rubbing their hands together to get all the roaming cameras on the ground.

Government does not need more money for their surveillance projects. I'm broke and sick of them spending my money on their police state apparatus.

ETA-This is what I see happening with the cameras:

Although the cases show that questions about access to private email persist, the rules of the game have been largely settled by a developed body of law. The same cannot be said for other areas of records access law, with a spate of cases showing that officials are trying various ways to either not create records or to thwart access to them in a move that transparency advocates say frustrates the purposes of open government...

Essentially, officials were arguing for a very narrow and technical definition of the law as a way to avoid disclosing the records, Fleischaker said. “This is just the latest effort by public agencies to try avoid open records responsibilities by either saying they don’t have it by letting somebody else keep it,” he said...http://www.rcfp.org/browse-media-law-resources/news-media-law/news-media-and-law-winter-2013/governments-continue-come-n

So imo it isn't going to be an effective method to get the word out about police brutality.

jonhowe
12-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Police the police projects are good. Giving the cameras to the police and appointing a government entity to police them, not so much. Now, looks like those who think the government should get these new cameras will get to have their chance for us to fund that project. I am betting the government is salivating to get all these roaming cameras. Not the police salivating right now because they know they will be needing to pad a few more pockets to get out of trouble, but higher up the food chain, yeah I think they really are rubbing their hands together to get all the roaming cameras on the ground.

Government does not need more money for their surveillance projects. I'm broke and sick of them spending my money on their police state apparatus.

A fair point. I just don't see any other way to truly get the public outraged enough to end the police state without exposing it on camera.

I'd love to raise funds for a group of people to go around and do what this guy does (well, used to do. I emailed him and he said he's stopped doing this stuff because of police harassment).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Justice_%28activist%29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQM0eUJx9lM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=052S1yg-zR0

otherone
12-05-2014, 08:53 AM

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-blame-the-victim.png

moostraks
12-05-2014, 09:04 AM
A fair point. I just don't see any other way to truly get the public outraged enough to end the police state without exposing it on camera.

I'd love to raise funds for a group of people to go around and do what this guy does (well, used to do. I emailed him and he said he's stopped doing this stuff because of police harassment).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Justice_%28activist%29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQM0eUJx9lM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=052S1yg-zR0

:)The individual really puts themself on the line with this type of thing and I am thankful for those who have the time and ability to do the police the police type projects. I think the cameras on police is an issue like immigration control. Sadly, we have to think 5 steps ahead and be wary when the government decides a course of action is favorable.

PaulConventionWV
12-05-2014, 09:13 AM

I can't believe people still believe this. Here's a little experiment. It's very simple: Try talking without breathing in... is it possible? For fuck's sake, yes! You can't do it for very long because, guess what, you would suffocate! Jeez people are stupid.

Not to mention the fact that the guy freaking DIED. It's not like he was lying to them. And STILL this guy says, "If you can't breathe, you can't talk." Well, a guy just died to disprove your little theory, so maybe you should change your story.

PaulConventionWV
12-05-2014, 09:19 AM

Why don't you watch the video? He explains quite clearly why he's resisting... because he's sick of it. Maybe you should stop blaming the victim and start holding the police accountable (I sound like a feminist).

Is it really better? The founding fathers didn't think so. Give me liberty, or give me death!

Fine, you do that. Maybe it will finally convince people that something needs to be done besides quietly going along with it and posting bail. No harm, no foul, right? I'm available to be brutally beaten and arrested anytime, guys, and I won't even do anything about it!

PaulConventionWV
12-05-2014, 09:28 AM

When a person just wants to be free, sometimes their actions defy reason. A man who has been oppressed so long and just wants it to stop will do anything. I sincerely believe that's why Garner did this. He said, "It stops today!"

He was going to fight them or die trying. You have two options: If you feel like you would rather spend your last moments making it a little harder for your oppressors, then fighting is one option. Another option is to get out of America and let the disease fester. If you don't feel strongly enough about justice to die for it, then this is the option for you. Not everyone is a rational thinker (that's not necessarily a compliment) like you.

PaulConventionWV
12-05-2014, 09:31 AM

And yet he still did it... what does that tell you? Hint: It's not necessarily that he's an idiot.

Think real hard...

PaulConventionWV
12-05-2014, 09:33 AM

If the cops butt rape you, don't resist. Just make sure you post bail later and all will be fine... until next time.

PaulConventionWV
12-05-2014, 09:37 AM

Your problem is that you think death in these instances is only the result of stupidity and nothing else. Because all injustices can be tolerated if you're still alive, right...?

donnay
12-05-2014, 09:37 AM
I blame Peter King and the rest of the "Law and Order" Republicans/Democrats for allowing a police state. :mad:

JK/SEA
12-05-2014, 09:40 AM

sure...well, i think you under-estimate people. By genetic code, humans abhor oppression by nature, so if you start getting MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of people getting the perception that things 'aren't right' into their heads, then we better start spending billions for new hospitals, and dedicating land space for the piles of bodies...mundanes and stasi alike...

JK/SEA
12-05-2014, 09:42 AM
I blame Peter King and the rest of the "Law and Order" Republicans/Democrats for allowing a police state. :mad:

add this...its been building towards critical mass since the mid 60's...

CaptUSA
12-05-2014, 09:48 AM
It is clear that law enforcement has learned valuable lessons from the Rodney King situation. The wrong lesson, to be sure, but they learned a lesson...

"Do NOT indict. Not guilty verdicts are worse than failure to indict."

otherone
12-05-2014, 09:50 AM
"The way I see it, if Mama Cass shared that ham sandwich with Karen Carpenter,
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2205852/thumbs/o-REPPETERKING_ORIGINAL-facebook.jpg
they might both be alive today."

Lucille
12-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Pete King is the biggest fascist in CONgress, and that's really saying something.

rp08orbust
12-05-2014, 09:53 AM
DFF is basically saying that Eric Garner committed suicide by cop by flapping his arms at them.

If that was not his intent, then he should have remained calm and let them handcuff him.

If that was his intent, then he should have thrown the punch of his life and broken all five his fingers on one of those shit faces, thereby taking one of them with him.

The latter is much easier said than done, but I believe that is the lesson here.

Origanalist
12-05-2014, 09:55 AM

I blame Peter King and the rest of the "Law and Order" Republicans/Democrats for actively supporting, enabling, funding and encouraging a police state.

presence
12-05-2014, 09:59 AM
I'm not picking sides with the cops. Just trying to be realistic and inject some common sense into the conversation from a lifetime of dealing with police both in the US and abroad.

But if you think it's best to not be passive and instead get aggressive with cops, then be my guest. We will see you on the other side.

So if my wife is about to be raped on the street by some thug, I should advise her just take it with a smile?

we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

donnay
12-05-2014, 10:03 AM
I blame Peter King and the rest of the "Law and Order" Republicans/Democrats for actively supporting, enabling, funding and encouraging a police state.

Absolutely! They hate us for our freedoms!

Origanalist
12-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Absolutely! They hate us for our freedoms!

Who do we think we are, anyway?

jmdrake
12-05-2014, 10:18 AM

ETA-This is what I see happening with the cameras:
http://www.rcfp.org/browse-media-law-resources/news-media-law/news-media-and-law-winter-2013/governments-continue-come-n

So imo it isn't going to be an effective method to get the word out about police brutality.

At this point I'm not for body cameras but I'm 100% in favor of dash cams and gun cams!

And you would be surprised how often police get themselves in trouble by breaking the law while the camera is still rolling. For example, here are police planting drugs on a suspect all caught on their dash camera.

https://www.google.com/#q=police+plant+drugs+dash+camera

Really, I was looking for one case that I was familiar with, but Google brought up a whole slew of them! Dash cameras are a must and so are gun cameras. Whenever an officer pulls his gun he should know that the whole world will see what he's seeing from that moment until the time he puts his gun away. And say if police try to tamper with the video? Well hit them with an evidence tampering charge. Policy should also be that a non working camera is grounds for immediate termination even if it isn't working "by accident." And under those circumstances policy should also be that policy will not be indemnified from personal liability.

JK/SEA
12-05-2014, 10:18 AM
GEEZ...gotta say...if i was Satan, i would sire a child exactly like ol' Pete 'the dick' King...

real time evil staring you in the face and people re-elect him.....really?...

jbauer
12-05-2014, 10:41 AM
guess it takes all kinds. luckily there are special places in hell saved for pricks like this.

JK/SEA
12-05-2014, 10:54 AM
it will be interesting to see how this camera idea works out...

i'm not holding my breath...too many ways to circumvent.

oops..i didn't know it was off...or...i forgot...or..i'm sorry. i wasn't facing the perp...etc etc...blah blah blah...

Christian Liberty
12-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Pete King is the biggest fascist in CONgress, and that's really saying something.

Wrong. Tom Cotton wants to punish the FAMILIES of sanctions violators. He is absolutely the worst.

At this point I'm not for body cameras but I'm 100% in favor of dash cams and gun cams!

And you would be surprised how often police get themselves in trouble by breaking the law while the camera is still rolling. For example, here are police planting drugs on a suspect all caught on their dash camera.

https://www.google.com/#q=police+plant+drugs+dash+camera

Really, I was looking for one case that I was familiar with, but Google brought up a whole slew of them! Dash cameras are a must and so are gun cameras. Whenever an officer pulls his gun he should know that the whole world will see what he's seeing from that moment until the time he puts his gun away. And say if police try to tamper with the video? Well hit them with an evidence tampering charge. Policy should also be that a non working camera is grounds for immediate termination even if it isn't working "by accident." And under those circumstances policy should also be that policy will not be indemnified from personal liability.

Why no body cams? I don't disagree, just curious.

JK/SEA
12-05-2014, 11:35 AM
body cams will not be used like you hope they will. For starters, it looks like the cams will be mounted on their chest...not good...they need to be mounted on their heads...

otherone
12-05-2014, 11:47 AM
body cams will not be used like you hope they will. For starters, it looks like the cams will be mounted on their chest...not good...they need to be mounted on their heads...

In a suppository?

presence
12-05-2014, 11:48 AM

I'm in favor of mandatory implants in the forehead with live streams: Cuts down on the bullshit "it wasn't on" factor, should reduce people willing to take the job substantially, and most importantly leaves them marked when off duty.

Dianne
12-05-2014, 11:59 AM
It's no surprise since Peter King is obviously deranged and has been for years now. The surprise is that any news network would give the psycho air time.

Brian4Liberty
12-05-2014, 12:07 PM

It occurred to me today that one of the effects of the massive media coverage on this subject is to distract from the Democrat losses during the last election, and Obama's Executive rule. And the redirected focus is anger at the supposed "law and order" Republicans. Peter King is more than happy to play that role. One could speculate that this was all on purpose.

Brian4Liberty
12-05-2014, 12:08 PM
It's no surprise since Peter King is obviously deranged and has been for years now. The surprise is that any news network would give the psycho air time.

Not surprising. It's expected.

CPUd
12-05-2014, 12:25 PM
I think King says stuff like this because he knows they will have him on their show. Some next-level trolling going on.

twomp
12-05-2014, 12:27 PM

I bet he would! Cops are the law after all. During the American Revolution, he would also have been one of the people who said, "Don't fight the British, they are our overlords!"

Scrooge McDuck
12-05-2014, 12:29 PM
I'd like to swing a crowbar at Peter Kings back and then blame him for having a weak fucking spine. If there was a hell, this parasitic scumrat would represent it's 2nd district too.

twomp
12-05-2014, 12:33 PM
DFF is the type of person that would tell Edward Snowden to report all of the NSA's abuses to Peter King or Mike Rogers.

Pericles
12-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Why can't Peter King ever do this to himself?

presence
12-05-2014, 06:15 PM
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-the-red-coats-are-coming-5.png

helmuth_hubener
12-05-2014, 06:27 PM

Thank you, Mani! Thank you, thank you, thank you!