PDA

View Full Version : My post to a jerk right wing host talk show FB page regarding police brutality

jmdrake
12-04-2014, 01:33 PM
I posted this in response to his post about Eric Garner's father asking for calm after the disgraceful grand jury proceedings.

Dan Mandis, Eric Garner's stepfather has class. But I question yours. I just listened to your show where you tried to argue that it was not a choke hold. Have you ever watched the UFC? The hold being used by the cop IS a choke hold. It is called the "rear naked choke". The officer in question put his hooks in which is part of the move that you do to keep your opponent from throwing you of his back. And it is a submission move. Any choke can either put you to sleep or it can kill you. They can use the move in the UFC because a referee is there to stop the fight if the person being chokes either taps (and saying "I can't breath" counts as a tap), or becomes unresponsive. On Ralph Bristol's show this morning he had an FBI agent call in and say that it is a choke hold and that the hold is illegal in every law enforcement department that he is aware of. Now as for the so called "crime" that Mr. Garner supposedly committed, if you watch the video his claim, and the claim of other citizens watching the incident, is that he broke up a fight. The last time I checked, breaking up a fight is not a crime. The police were claiming he was selling untaxed cigarettes. They could have written him a citation for that, if their claim was even true, and been done with it. Arresting someone over cigarette sales is ridiculous. But for the sake of argument, let's say this was an arrest worthy of making. Considering the fact that the crime he was being arrested for was non violent, putting a man's life in danger by a choke hold, that goes against department policy, is inexcusable. Lastly, I want to go over the nonsense you said the other day regarding the 12 year old boy that was shot. You tried to blame the victim, or rather the victim's parents, by saying "They should have talked to him about how to interact with the police." And your criticized black TV personalities who said they told their children to "run". Well have you even watched the video of the shooting? I finally did after listening to your "analysis." The video I watched was 1:47 long. At 1:02 in the police car shows up. At 1:05 the car stops in front of the boy. At 1:07 the boy is dead. That's TWO FREAKING SECONDS! How much "interaction" happened in TWO FREAKING SECONDS! And I'm being generous to the police here. YouTube doesn't give me a finer time line, but it looked more like 1 1/2 seconds. The boy might have lived if he HAD run. And from the video it looks like that he had just put the gun away when he was shot as opposed to pulling it out. I don't believe the officer meant to kill an unarmed kid, but for you to blame the kid and his parents at this time is just sickening! And what excuse will you make up for the death of 7 year old Aiyana Stanley-Jones? She was sleeping in her bed when police did a no knock raid on her home looking for a murder suspect that wasn't there when she was shot. See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/.../aiyana-stanley-jones...

I am no fan of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. I believe they blow things out of proportion. But the mental gymnastics that you and other right wing radio talk show hosts are jumping through to pretend that the police never do anything wrong makes them smell like roses. There is police brutality in this country. And it doesn't just happen to black people. Kelly Thomas, a homeless white guy, was savagely beat to death by White and Latino police officers who at first spend a good 10 minutes on video harassing him. One of the officers that killed said before starting his beating "I'm going to F you up." They got of as well. What's your excuse for that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6yaeD-E_MY

Really, I used to like your show. But I don't know how I can continue to listen in good conscience. I tried to call in and make my points on the air, but your call screener wouldn't let me through. If conservatives such as yourself ever want to make inroads to the black community, this callous "Let's defend the police no matter what they do" attitude will have to change.

donnay
12-04-2014, 01:55 PM
Well said. TPTB want racial civil war.

ClydeCoulter
12-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Well done, @jmdrake.

ZENemy
12-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Awesome! I read it twice.

dannno
12-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Very convincing.

jmdrake
12-05-2014, 08:40 AM
My goodness! I can't believe the levels of ignorance people will fall too in order to defend the indefensible! Check this comment out!

Rusty Nutz John, the only way your going to be able to tell the difference between a choke hold and a submission hold is to either be a participant in the process or look at the x-rays. Which one did you do? I know which one the grand jury did, and that's why they didn't indict.
Like · Reply · 10 hrs

Juan Mia River I'm a mma fighter. A choke hold is a submission hold.
Like · 10 hrs

John Drake Rusty Nutz, the grand jury proceedings have not been released. But the cororner's report has been. According to it he died from compression to the chest and compression to the neck. See: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/eric-garner-death-ruled-homicide-medical-examiner-article-1.1888808 And sorry, but any time you put your arm around someone's neck like that it is a choke hold. As Juan Mia River has pointed out, a choke hold IS a submission hold. Good grief, does nobody watch the UFC?

jmdrake
12-05-2014, 08:42 AM
To Dan's credit, he did respond to what I wrote. But he backpeddled regarding his comments on the 12 year old who got shot. He's now trying to say that all he said was that the parents should have told him not to play with a toy gun at the park. Sorry but that's not what I heard him say and I called him on it.

Dan Mandis Show Hi John-where to start...everybody seems to have a different opinion on this "choke hold" or "submission hold" and it simply depends on who you believe. I was going by the evidence that was presented to the grand jury, and folks i have spoken to on the matter. On the 12 year old kid. Was i BLAMING the parents or pointing out that perhaps it would have been a good idea to teach their kid that its not smart to walk around a park pointing a fake gun that looks real at people? That's common sense.You are right about the 1.5 seconds, and you may have missed it but i did critisize the police for shooting too quick on that one. Finally, police brutality DOES exist in this country, when did i ever say it didnt? The problem is, we cant talk about real race issues in this country because folks start screaming racism when you are actually trying to help bring the conversation forward. I dont defend the police no matter what, keep listening and you will hear me knock the police if they deserve it..
Like · 11 hrs

Juan Mia River Im a mma fighter. I've put on about 1000 chokes in my life. The neck is sensitive. I can choke a regular guy OUT in 3 seconds. Even a pro fighter can get choked unconsciously in 5 seconds or LESS.trust me, this is one thing I'm an expert at.
Like · 11 hrs

Dan Mandis Show So Juan you say what the cop did was a choke hold and not submission hold I assume?
Like · 11 hrs

Juan Mia River Choking someone is the same as making them submit to you. Their are at least 5 variations of chokes you can do with your arms
Unlike · 1 · 11 hrs

Juan Mia River I see it in fights all the time, one guy will get extremely tired and get taking down and his opponent gets him in a choke and sense he's so tired he gets choked WAY quicker.
I think he got choked hyper ventilated after the choke was let go but the weight of the officers on top of him plus his health killed him. It was murder. HIS PEACEFUL RESISTANCE doesn't deserve FORCEFUL ALTERCATION
Unlike · 1 · 11 hrs

Juan Mia River Wow, look how these cops pretended he was still alive.complete bullshit. The Damn ems took his pulse and they should've known he was dead.these sick animal cops
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vT66U_Ftdng

Unseen Video Of Eric Garner Death - Over 7 minutes handcuffed not...
YOUTUBE.COM
Unlike · 1 · 10 hrs

Sam Neil Bigger question is why doesnt Dan Mandis do his homework... because he works for corporates who need listeners...

Dan is a low wage radio worker bee.

If he knew anything about this story- he would realize the officer who killed Garner had several other infractions -unbecoming of an officer of the law. So are we surprised that his behavior caught up with him? Regardless what people want to call it- a man died. A life was lost over something that should have resulted in a citation at best.

Look up the officer- he was no saint- nor was he one to follow rules by his superiors...and has resulted in several law suits against the city asa result of his actions. I hear a 75 million dollar lawsuit is pending on Garner's case. No amount of money can replace stupid cops killing people.

Dan Mandis Show lacks an objective perspective and is only looking to fuel fires here in Nashville with his off balanced perspective.

http://www.silive.com/.../chokehold_cop_was_defendant_in...

City paid out $30K to settle 2012 lawsuit against chokehold cop...
SILIVE.COM
Unlike · 1 · 9 hrs

John Drake Dan, thank you for your response. I did miss the part where you said the police shot two fast in the 12 year old case. But I didn't catch the entire show. I do agree that it's not smart in today's overly fearful anti gun post Columbine culture to do what many of my friends innocently did years ago and play "cops and robbers" with a toy gun. That said, the 911 operator should lose his/her job for not relaying to the police the caller's comment that the gun might be a toy. And had I been at the park I would have talked to the boy rather than called the cops. Risky? Maybe. But we as a society have become too fearful. Jesus said "He who seeks to save his life will lose it." That said, what I heard from you was NOT "Don't tell your child to play with a toy gun in the park." What I heard was "Tell your child the proper way to interact with police". If you do a podcast of your show then let me know where I can download it. I'll even pay for it so that I can find the clip I'm talking about and play it back for you. As for the hold, it was DEFINITELY a choke hold. And I don't know why you keep trying to differentiate between a choke hold and a submission hold? A choke hold IS a submission hold. Here is SUBMISSION fighter Matt Hughes showing how to do the same choke. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPPRz0NLVkM

jmdrake
12-05-2014, 08:43 AM
And if anyone else wants to jump in... https://www.facebook.com/danmandisshow/posts/1562615340640275