PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: "No Excuse" For Someone To Die Over A Cigarette Tax

RonPaulFanInGA
12-04-2014, 08:47 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/12/03/Rand-No-Excuse-for-Someone-to-Die-Over-a-Cigarette-Tax

Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) reacted to a grand jury's decision to not indict a New York City Police Officer in the death of Eric Garner by saying he was "horrified" by the video and blasting politicians for passing "bad laws" that "put our police in a difficult situation" in an interview broadcast on Wednesday's "Hardball" on MSNBC.

Ronin Truth
12-04-2014, 08:54 AM
He died for giving the cops "crap".

S.Shorland
12-04-2014, 02:41 PM
'Please,just leave me alone...' He didn't know what his own country was

Lucille
12-04-2014, 03:08 PM
DiLorenzo nailed the Brietbart commenters:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/re-blue-privilege-protects-the-killer-of-eric-garner/

Eric Garner, father of six, was simply standing on a sidewalk selling individual cigarettes to pedestrians. The local merchants, who sell cigarettes by the pack and therefore must charge New York state’s exhorbitant cigarette tax, complained to the authorities about this “unfair competition.” The government sent six heavily armed tax collection enforcers . . . er, I mean, police officers . . . to accost Mr. Garner. They took him down and murdered him by choking him to death. The coroner ruled the death a homicide. The “grand jury” does what grand juries always do — they let the cops off with no penalty at all. Death by tax collector would be more accurate.

Deprive the state of . . . what — three or four bucks of tax revenue — and they may send armed men to kill you.

I’m old enough to remember how conservatives used to criticize the totalitarian governments of the Soviet Union, Cuba, and China, among others, for executing people on the street for committing “economic crimes against the state.” Conservatives today are either silent about this or actually defend the murderous, out-of-control cops. Eric Garner was murdered in cold blood, in public, for allegedly committing the “economic crime against the state” of selling tax-free cigarettes.

puppetmaster
12-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Taxes are sacred to the powers of goverment.

Brian4Liberty
12-04-2014, 04:29 PM
"I think it's hard not to watch that video of him saying 'I can't breathe, I can't breathe' and not be horrified by it. But I think there's something bigger than just the individual circumstances.

Rand acknowledged the outrageous circumstances, and then turns to a bigger picture issue. Is the "crime" of selling cigarettes on the street worthy of arrest?