PDA

View Full Version : Youtube: " My faith in Christ is why I'm voting for Ron Paul "

FrankRep
12-03-2007, 11:45 AM
"It is my faith in Christ why I'm voting for Ron Paul"

Hopefully Christians will be reached.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUBz4tMkgoM

Mark
12-03-2007, 12:23 PM
"It is my faith in Christ why I'm voting for Ron Paul"

Hopefully Christians will be reached.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUBz4tMkgoM

Beautiful! GodTube would be perfect for this too!

RoyalShock
12-03-2007, 01:13 PM
As a Christian, here is my take on the video:

The main point of the video is good and I largely agree, particularly about not imposing God's will on everyone. However, it is poorly communicated due to countless (and I do mean, countless) spelling and grammatical errors. I know some people struggle with that, but if you're going to change people's minds, you cannot be that careless (one or two mistakes are understandable but there's at least 20, maybe more in this vid). I was so distracted by it that I wouldn't pass this link on to my Christian friends. But that's just me. Others may not care.

I don't agree with the 9/11, turn the other cheek parallel. If consistently applied, it means if we are attacked (by anyone, regardless of the reason), we should not, as a country, fight back. The the author contradicts himself using the Red Dawn example. They didn't "turn the other cheek." IMO, Jesus was speaking to individuals, not governments, in everything he said and did. But I recognize that the area becomes very gray since governments are made up of individuals. How should a Christian leader react in such cases? I don't have the answer.

I don't buy the "treat all leaders with respect" ideal. Sometimes you have to call a spade, a spade. That doesn't mean you have to invade/occupy, but don't pander to them either.

I do wish more Christians would start looking at the other side of morality legislation to see its dangers and how it could be turned around on them, should another religion assume the majority. We need to focus on how our own lives are led and how it affects those around us. Then we can begin to evangelize using means other than government.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-03-2007, 01:35 PM
I cringe every time I see The Revelation of Jesus Christ to John, or simply Revelation, as, RevalationS. Must be a S Baptist. Funny. There was only one revelation, not plural. But anyway, I'm just being facetious :)

Nice attempt, but honestly, after 15 seconds I stopped it. Sorry, as boring as watching grass grow or paint dry.

steph3n
12-03-2007, 01:40 PM
I cringe every time I see The Revelation of Jesus Christ to John, or simply Revelation, as, RevalationS. Must be a S Baptist. Funny. There was only one revelation, not plural. But anyway, I'm just being facetious :)

Nice attempt, but honestly, after 15 seconds I stopped it. Sorry, as boring as watching grass grow or paint dry.

I cringe on this too :(

OferNave
12-03-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm an aethiest, so I can't comment on the doctrinal accuracy of the content, but the theme and message were wonderful.

If you need any help with the spelling and grammar, post a transcript here and we can correct it for you. You've done a good job so far, it's only a little more work to make it polished and get the message through.

Benaiah
12-03-2007, 02:19 PM
tag

FrankRep
12-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Our generation really is doomed, no one can spell anymore.