PDA

View Full Version : Quite Possibly The Dumbest Thing I Have Heard All Year

QuickZ06
12-03-2014, 11:01 PM
If we dismantle and limit the power of our policemen any more than we have already, then we’re going to have a lot of problems in this country. -Mike Ditka

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ditka--embarrassed--for--hands-up--rams-194346168.html

QuickZ06
12-03-2014, 11:03 PM
ANYMORE THAN WE ALREADY HAVE???

http://i.imgur.com/fpSyKtB.jpg

phill4paul
12-03-2014, 11:09 PM

/thread and +rep

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-03-2014, 11:14 PM
I don’t want to hear about this hands-up crap. That’s not what happened. I don’t know exactly what did happen, but I know that’s not what happened." --Mike Ditka

The vast majority of people testifying in the grand jury said Brown had his hands up in some form. Wilson totally denied this. In fact, Wilson claimed that Brown regrouped after being struck by the first group of six shots. Wilson claimed that Brown charged him when, in fact, multiple witnesses said Brown was staggering and about to fall. This is when Wilson put the second group of 4 shots into Brown.

No, you probably don't know what happened, coach. Wilson is a proven liar and a coward.

Origanalist
12-03-2014, 11:24 PM
We already have a lot of problems in this country. And most of them can be directly attributed to the government and it's enforcers.

Czolgosz
12-03-2014, 11:25 PM

That is not the tactical position of somebody who has had their shit pushed in. Ever.

These pussies will piss themselves the first time somebody presents a planned counter.

AuH20
12-03-2014, 11:26 PM
The vast majority of people testifying in the grand jury said Brown had his hands up in some form. Wilson totally denied this. In fact, Wilson claimed that Brown regrouped after being struck by the first group of six shots. Wilson claimed that Brown charged him when, in fact, multiple witnesses said Brown was staggering and about to fall. This is when Wilson put the second group of 4 shots into Brown.

No, you probably don't know what happened, coach. Wilson is a proven liar and a coward.

16 of 29 stated so. Far from a vast majority. 13 stated that they saw nothing. And among those 16 many weren't sure what that could be construed as.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2014/11/29/b99ef7a8-75d3-11e4-a755-e32227229e7b_story.html

mz10
12-03-2014, 11:34 PM
-Mike Ditka

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ditka--embarrassed--for--hands-up--rams-194346168.html

In Mike's defense, he's taken quite a few hits to the helmet over the years

phill4paul
12-03-2014, 11:35 PM
16 of 29 stated so. Far from a vast majority. 13 stated that they saw nothing. And among those 16 many weren't sure what that could be construed as.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2014/11/29/b99ef7a8-75d3-11e4-a755-e32227229e7b_story.html

That's over fuggin 50%. You seem to think that this was a trial. It wasn't. It was a decision making process as to whether or not a trial was warranted. The prosecutors threw the case...on purpose.
If there were over 50% of witnesses that said that YOU shot a man with his hands raised do you not think, for one moment, that your case would not go to trial?

phill4paul
12-03-2014, 11:36 PM
//

AuH20
12-03-2014, 11:37 PM
//

From WAPO.

Virtually all the witnesses saw Brown’s hands raised in some fashion, according to the transcripts, but there was wide disagreement over what this meant. One witness who thought Brown was charging said she saw his hands balled up into fists. Others thought the raised hands were a gesture of surrender, though some of these witnesses said they were not lifted in the traditional way, with the hands high and palms facing forward. Others thought Brown had touched a wound on his body and raised his hands in shock.

phill4paul
12-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Blargh, blargh, blargh.

Which is to say...there was enough contention that it should have gone to trial. And there, sorted out.

AuH20
12-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Which is to say...there was enough contention that it should have gone to court.

Possibly. Then again we didn't see all the evidence.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-03-2014, 11:47 PM

Where do you get that 16 of 29 number? Have you read any of the grand jury testimony?

Even if you don't read the testimony, your own article says:

Virtually all the witnesses saw Brown’s hands raised in some fashion, according to the transcripts

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-03-2014, 11:48 PM
From WAPO.

Have you read the grand jury testimony? One of the two assistant DAs liked to play word games. Here idea of "hands up" was palms facing the sky.

phill4paul
12-03-2014, 11:50 PM

I saw a prosecuting DA put a defendant on the witness stand in a Grand Jury proceeding. Which NEVER fuggin happens. From the transcripts I saw him lead, make defense points and never counter. Which NEVER fuggin happens in a grand jury proceeding. There was exculpatory statute, provided by the PROSECUTING attorney, in the form of a handout that cited previous non-Constitutional State law.
I'm just gonna start Operation Rep Burn on ya. All these points have been explained to you. You refuse to acknowledge them. -rep.

Christian Liberty
12-03-2014, 11:50 PM
I think that Wilson should have gone to trial but that he most likely should have been acquitted in the end.

As for Ditka's comment, yes, its retarded. BUt, what else is new?

AuH20
12-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Where do you get that 16 of 29 number? Have you read any of the grand jury testimony?

Even if you don't read the testimony, your own article says:

They are only speaking of those 16. There wasn't a clear consensus on the raising of the hand(s). Some believed he was staggering after being shot and held one arm slightly up in shock. Others said he balled his hands up in fists as he raced towards the officer. The whole 'surrender' stuff is largely myth altered from the testimony.

With all that said, could Wilson have used excessive force in finishing him off? Absolutely. But we really don't need these type of theatrics that all these social justice morons are pushing on a gullible populace.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-03-2014, 11:57 PM
They are only speaking of those 16.

Where is the number 16 or 29 in the article? I did not see it.

AuH20
12-03-2014, 11:59 PM
Where is the number 16 or 29 in the article? I did not see it.

Sorry. Here it is.

http://news.yahoo.com/did-michael-brown-really-hands-shot-172812909.html

According to a PBS Newshour analysis of witness testimony, more than 50 percent of the witness statements said that Brown held his hands up when Wilson shot him, some 16 of 29 statements. Still, a solid 13 could not confirm that Brown made such a gesture.

And while many witnesses said they saw Brown's hands raised in some fashion, there was wide disagreement over what the gesture meant, as the Washington Post reported.

"One witness who thought Brown was charging said she saw his hands balled up into fists. Others thought the raised hands were a gesture of surrender, though some of these witnesses said they were not lifted in the traditional way, with the hands high and palms facing forward. Others thought Brown had touched a wound on his body and raised his hands in shock."

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-04-2014, 12:07 AM
Sorry. Here it is.

http://news.yahoo.com/did-michael-brown-really-hands-shot-172812909.html

I would like to know how they categorize. The woman on the porch, for example, said Brown had his hands up and was looking at his wound. Hard to tell if PBS would classify that in the 16 or 13. I wouldn't be surprised if they put that in the hands down category.

Wilson however, said that Brown regrouped for a second charge. Regrouped from what, other than being hit? There were 2.7 seconds between the first group of 6 shots and the second group of 4 shots. That 2.7 seconds is likely the time witnesses saw Brown collapsing. We'll never know, but I would say that is when Brown took one or both shots to the right torso. That is when Wilson said he saw Brown charge for a second time, except that Brown was most likely staggering before falling over dead.

Also look at the embellishment. The person who said Brown fully charged also said that these people disparage police until they need to call one. Where have I heard that one before?:rolleyes:

The big thing that stands out is that Wilson unequivocally said Brown did not have his hands up at all.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-04-2014, 12:21 AM
Don't forget that Wilson said Brown both balled his left fist and reached in his waistband with the right hand before the first round of shots.

Why does Brown reach in his waistband? He had no knife or gun. If he did, then why did he not use it at the car?

It's improbable that Brown is pulling up his shorts with one hand, and a bloody hand at that.

Wilson testimony is nothing but textbook lies that don't follow probabilities.

Even if Wilson tells the truth, he still likely is not convicted. Wilson shrewdly lied to ensure that he's never indicted and that he won't be called a coward by too many.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-04-2014, 12:35 AM
From the transcripts I saw him lead, make defense points and never counter.

The two assistant DAs did the same thing in the Wilson grand jury. One chastises the older Johnson for not being a mentor to Brown. Nice if that DA is Johnson's mother, but she's actually the DA.:rolleyes:

There are several occasions where I read the DA say to witnesses (paraphrased here) I don't want to say you're lying, but... She never said anything close to that when questioning Wilson. Mostly softball stuff.

Occam's Banana
12-04-2014, 12:40 AM

It is NOT the purpose of grand juries to "see all the evidence." That is not what the grand jury process is for.

Grand juries only need to "see" enough evidence to indicate that a jury trial is warranted.

If Person A kills Person B and half the witnesses are saying one thing and half of them are saying another thing, then clearly a jury trial is warranted.

If there is so much disagreement among witnesses over whether Brown had his hands up and why, then there is clearly probable cause for a trial.

phill4paul
12-04-2014, 12:42 AM
Don't forget that Wilson said Brown both balled his left fist and reached in his waistband with the right hand before the first round of shots.

Why does Brown reach in his waistband? He had no knife or gun. If he did, then why did he not use it at the car?

It's improbable that Brown is pulling up his shorts with one hand, and a bloody hand at that.

Wilson testimony is nothing but textbook lies that don't follow probabilities.

Even if Wilson tells the truth, he still likely is not convicted. Wilson shrewdly lied to ensure that he's never indicted and that he won't be called a coward by too many.

Well, truth is self evident. Brown was a thug so he reached down to pull his pants up before a bull rush.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/a09998889ca9a6e2c228effd284e6aed/tumblr_nfoifsmvuq1shiv3ro1_1280.png