PDA

View Full Version : Why I Spend Millions On The Cause of Liberty

jFico89
12-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Great article from Libertarian Mega Donor and Investor, John Ramsey.

Why I Spend Millions on the Cause of Liberty

Libertarian mega donor breaks his silence.

"My peers, associates and supporters often ask me why I have chosen to dedicate my entire life, reputation and millions in personal treasure to the cause of freedom and liberty. Some say that I’m squandering the great family and personal fortune with which I’ve been blessed, while others accuse me of “buying the system” for personal gain. Some call me foolish for not engaging with lobbyists and other corrupt bureaucrats and businessmen that game the system to profit off of insider deals, government contracts and wars. As a case in point, I recently had the opportunity to invest in a government subsidized company which specialized in creating bombs, missiles and other various tools of human destruction. While this deal would have likely been very financially lucrative, I would not have been able to sleep at night knowing that I would have been investing in the murder of fellow humans around the world; unfortunately, I already contribute far too much to this carnage with the money that is forcibly taken from my businesses via taxation. I cannot express the frustration and anger that I feel when the money that is taken from one of my businesses goes toward throwing a black kid in jail for smoking a plant, instead of starting a new value creating business or philanthropic endeavor. So the question remains, why on Earth would someone spend countless hours and millions of his or her own and their generous supporters’ wealth on something that does not yield a financial return on investment? The short answer is I don’t want future generations to grow up in a vicious system that stifles innovation, throws people in cages for victimless crimes and sends our young men and women to die in unconstitutional wars that only benefit special interests. The long answer is much more complex and one that only becomes more evident with time. After another successful year of political and philanthropic achievements, I’ve set out to answer this question, honestly and to the best of my ability, for my friends and detractors alike."

http://www.johnramsey.name/why-i-spend-millions-on-the-cause-of-liberty/

William Tell
12-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Thank you. :)

Cleaner44
12-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Cool article. We need more people like this pushing the cause of liberty.