PDA

View Full Version : Judge Napolitano: Unlike Ferguson, Eric Garner’s Killer Should Have Been Indicted

NACBA
12-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Immediately following the grand jury decision not to indict an NYPD officer in the chokehold death of Eric Garner, Fox News’ Shepard Smith invited legal analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano to share his opinion on the matter. Based on the cell phone video evidence, Napolitano quickly said the officer should have been indicted.

“My thoughts are that this ought to have been an indictment and ought to have been an indictment for some form of manslaughter,” Napolitano said. “It’s not first-degree murder, it’s not second-degree murder but it’s certainly reckless manslaughter, because of the excessive use of deadly force on a person who posed no serious or material threat to the police.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox%E2%80%99s-judge-napolitano-unlike-ferguson-eric-garners-killer-should-have-been-indicted/

Schifference
12-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Maybe the last time they ask the judge for his opinion.

Madison320
12-03-2014, 04:57 PM
So far I agree with the judge. I'd like to hear the police version of what happened. So far I've heard 2 different stories, one was being arrested for selling cigarettes and the other for breaking up a fight. I've been burned so many times by the media I don't trust them for a second. But the video looks bad. The only way I can see that it was justified would be if the guy was a threat to the public. Like he had just threatened someone and was trying to attack them.