PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: I'll have to fight "caricature" of my foreign policy views in 2016

NACBA
12-03-2014, 12:50 PM
Sen. Rand Paul, R-Kentucky, on Tuesday acknowledged that should he run for president in 2016, his libertarian-leaning views on foreign policy will be easy for his conservative opponents to distort and over-simplify.

"I'm not talking about all or none" when it comes to intervening abroad, Paul said at the Wall Street Journal CEO Council annual meeting in Washington. "That's a caricature, and I will have to fight that, but we'll see what happens."

Conventional wisdom dictates that Paul's more hands-off approach to foreign policy would be a disadvantage in the Republican presidential primaries. Paul, however, said that the branch of the GOP that agrees with him is "not a small movement."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rand-paul-ill-have-to-fight-caricature-of-my-foreign-policy-views-in-2016/

Christian Liberty
12-03-2014, 03:54 PM
My foreign policy is probably that which they will try to caricature Rand's as being;)

acptulsa
12-03-2014, 04:00 PM
Always.

But he knows he won't have to fight it alone. :)

acptulsa
12-03-2014, 04:00 PM
I think I've turned into a New Yorker. I keep repeating myself. I keep repeating myself.

Fuggetaboudit.

Tywysog Cymru
12-03-2014, 04:26 PM
He needs to be less timid about foreign policy to be honest. The portion of the GOP that agrees with him is growing and those who support the Bush doctrine of hawkishness will be split between multiple candidates. Not to mention that a lot of Republicans also don't care much about foreign policy and are more concerned about shrinking government, and Rand will play well for them.

seapilot
12-03-2014, 08:46 PM
He needs to be less timid about foreign policy to be honest. The portion of the GOP that agrees with him is growing and those who support the Bush doctrine of hawkishness will be split between multiple candidates. Not to mention that a lot of Republicans also don't care much about foreign policy and are more concerned about shrinking government, and Rand will play well for them.

Good analysis, which Rand probably already knows he can win without a majority of GOP support. This might be why he is openly talking about this in a lot of recent interviews. The more hawks that run in the primaries the better for Rand.

Crashland
12-03-2014, 09:05 PM
Foreign policy caricature? Use the same strategy as Rand's hair. If you can't fight it, embrace it and make fun of it.
http://i.imgur.com/NXDRON6.jpg