PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: McCain Wants "15 Wars More"

r3volution 3.0
12-02-2014, 06:59 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/rand-paul/rand-paul-mccain-wants-15-wars-more-n260051

Republican Sen. Rand Paul escalated his ongoing foreign policy feud with John McCain on Monday while arguing this his non-interventionist military views are supported by a sizable amount of GOP presidential primary voters.

"I want less, McCain wants more [military intervention]," Paul said at an event sponsored by the Wall Street Journal. "He wants 15 countries more, 15 wars more. But the thing is, is that there is a more and a less argument. When you poll that in Iowa, 45 percent agreed with McCain and 41 percent agreed with me."

Paul was referencing a Bloomberg/Des Moines Register poll (http://images.businessweek.com/bloomberg/pdfs/2104-qfi-Rep-Iowa-caucus-poll-tabulated-questionnaire.pdf) from early October that asked:

"The Republican Party has two main views on foreign policy. Which is closer to your view—should the U.S. be quicker to intervene in conflicts overseas, as John McCain suggests, or should the U.S. pull back current military engagements to be less interventionist in foreign policy, as Rand Paul suggests?"

Paul was asked how he would deal with the possibility that his opponents and Super PACs would attack him for being weak on defense. But the Kentucky Republican said his viewpoint is gaining steam and would not necessarily be a hindrance if he runs for president in 2016.

"This is not a small movement, nor is it easy to say people like myself, who believe in less intervention, can be characterized as people who don't believe in a strong national defense," Paul said. "That is a caricature and I will have to fight that, but we'll see what happens."

McCain and Paul have sparred over the role the United States should play in the world. But the two seemed to be turning a corner recently when McCain said Paul was "evolving with experience" and told The New Yorker (http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/rand-paul/reddit.com/r/frugalmalefashion) he would support Paul if he became the Republican presidential nominee.

Good stuff, glad to see Rand staying on the offensive on this issue.

But, I have to wonder, what 15 is he talking about? There's Iran, of course. Perhaps Russia/Ukraine and Syria (insofar as McCain wants an escalation in both of those ongoing conflicts). Nothing else comes to mind. Any thoughts?

DaninPA
12-02-2014, 07:19 PM
To quote one of the ladies here (thinking Kathy88 but not sure, it was a while ago):

"Fuck John McCain!"

Also, could he even name 15 countries?

r3volution 3.0
12-02-2014, 07:27 PM
To quote one of the ladies here (thinking Kathy88 but not sure, it was a while ago):

"Fuck John McCain!"

Also, could he even name 15 countries?

Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Arizona, Israel, Israel, Israel, Iran, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel, Israel

rich34
12-02-2014, 07:56 PM
I think Rand once again is playing brilliant strategy by straddeling the fence once again. Cover his ass by proposing a declaration of war that he knows congress will never touch appealing to those that are more interventionist minded while coming back in a sense to his base letting them know that he is still no war monger. I think once the debates start and the american people or just the republicans get to her the logic flow out of this man's mouth his favorabilities will skyrocket while the negatives will go down. All at the same time his poll numbers rising to a solid first place position.

tangent4ronpaul
12-02-2014, 08:16 PM
"Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran"
- John McCain

North Korea

Libya

Pakistan

those would be my first guesses

-t

Inkblots
12-02-2014, 08:59 PM
I've been thinking of ongoing and potential conflict zones in which I've heard McCain call for involvement or in which his worldview would naturally favor intervention. Broken down by region, and then roughly ordered by the importance he places on the targets within each region, I came up with this:
Middle East/Central Asia: Iraq (expand to full-scale occupation), Syria, Iran, Af-Pak (expand ground ops into Pakistan), Yemen, Lebanon
Africa: Somalia, Nigeria, Sudan
Eastern Europe/Caucasus: Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova
East Asia: North Korea
South America: Venezuela, Bolivia

That's 15, easily enough. Not all of them would be open conflicts, but I don't doubt McCain would want at least covert operations conducted either in or against every nation I've listed here.

philipped
12-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Rand Paul: The Anti-War True live & let live conservative candidate..........How does that NOT sound good to Moderate Republicans who should still somewhat be hurt from a McCain & a Romney Loss who went ahead and picked up all this national support remolding and rebranding the Republican Party from 2012 to 2016????

anaconda
12-03-2014, 11:09 AM

Brian4Liberty
12-03-2014, 02:30 PM
I've been thinking of ongoing and potential conflict zones in which I've heard McCain call for involvement or in which his worldview would naturally favor intervention. Broken down by region, and then roughly ordered by the importance he places on the targets within each region, I came up with this:
Middle East/Central Asia: Iraq (expand to full-scale occupation), Syria, Iran, Af-Pak (expand ground ops into Pakistan), Yemen, Lebanon
Africa: Somalia, Nigeria, Sudan
Eastern Europe/Caucasus: Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova
East Asia: North Korea
South America: Venezuela, Bolivia

That's 15, easily enough. Not all of them would be open conflicts, but I don't doubt McCain would want at least covert operations conducted either in or against every nation I've listed here.

Practically every nation in the world is at risk of McCain's evil war-mongering eye.

DaninPA
12-03-2014, 06:03 PM
....I think once the debates start and the american people or just the republicans get to her the logic flow out of this man's mouth his favorabilities will skyrocket while the negatives will go down. All at the same time his poll numbers rising to a solid first place position.

I think you are far too optimistic. If Rand is anywhere near the top as the debates approach, I predict a false flag to show the sheeple how crazy his "isolationist" ideas are. And they will fall for it, and that'll be the end of Rand's run.

phill4paul
12-03-2014, 06:26 PM
I'd like to see anonymouse hack McCain's investment portfolio.

r3volution 3.0
12-03-2014, 06:46 PM
I wonder if he was among those shorting the airlines on 9/10/2001.

DevilsAdvocate
12-04-2014, 12:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iKuMVqht4U