PDA

View Full Version : Where did all the unity vanish that made America strong during GWOT?

enhanced_deficit
12-02-2014, 04:43 PM
There was so much White-Black unity when Prez Bush was waging global war on terra. But now it seems an entirely different, divided America.

What just happened here?

tod evans
12-02-2014, 04:44 PM
Just wait it'll get worse.............

Much worse!

enhanced_deficit
12-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Lets hope that does not happen.

BTW there is no suggestion here that America needs to invade more foreign countries to bring back the unity.

Demigod
12-02-2014, 05:08 PM
When poverty comes trough the door ,love jumps out the window.It is very easy to build unity while everything is going fine ( or at least there is such an illusion ).The strength of a nation and its people is tested during difficult times. Balkanization is a product of difficult times,and the more diverse the nation the harder the crash.

Ronin Truth
12-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Nothing happened, the unity (so called) was just another phony BS propaganda lie.

enhanced_deficit
12-02-2014, 05:10 PM
The Psychology of Unity After Tragedy

Why the Boston Marathon bombings brought the United States together
Joseph Burgo Apr 20 2013, 8:13 AM ET

New York Yankees Joba Chamberlain, Hiroki Kuroda, Phil Hughes, CC Sabathia and Andy Pettitte bow their heads during a moment of silence in honor of victims of the Boston Marathon bombings in New York on Tuesday. (AP/Kathy Willens)

During his press conference following the Boston Marathon bombings (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-evil-boston-bombings-were-act-terror-160222366--politics.html), President Obama denounced the perpetrators as "evil" and "cowardly," contrasting their behavior with the heroic first responders who rushed to aid the injured: "What the world saw yesterday in the immediate aftermath of the explosions were stories of heroism and kindness and generosity and love." He praised the "good people of Boston" as well as the virtues of the American spirit: "If you want to know who we are, who America is, how we respond to evil, that's it: selflessly, compassionately, unafraid."

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/04/the-psychology-of-unity-after-tragedy/275158/

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xHTeTZ6yCNk/UXSOnat8-jI/AAAAAAAAKek/O2obIcUQlWM/s1600/thank+you+police.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fredshirtlament.blogspot.com%2F201 3%2F04%2Fto-serve-and-protect.html&ei=ZUZ-VNv-KomVNsrDg4AH&bvm=bv.80642063,d.eXY&psig=AFQjCNEmt8oD7Umd8OLxd_tKrAbxRXZltg&ust=1417648086618910)

Zippyjuan
12-02-2014, 05:34 PM
There was so much White-Black unity when Prez Bush was waging global war on terra. But now it seems an entirely different, divided America.

What just happened here?

It was here then too. News was just occupied more by the wars.

Deborah K
12-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Forget the diversity, the balkanization, the culture clashes, race, religion - none of that matters. What matters is the answer to this one question: How much of a role do you want government playing in your life?

How people answer that question will tell you what people are "unified" for.

acptulsa
12-02-2014, 06:18 PM
The government and its lapdog media can't make up their minds. The want us united in our cowering fear of the Terrorists of the Week. But they want us divided against each other too.

They seem to be finding out they can't have both. And if this Ferguson crap is any indication, they've decided having us divided means more to them overall.

Danke
12-02-2014, 06:27 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xHTeTZ6yCNk/UXSOnat8-jI/AAAAAAAAKek/O2obIcUQlWM/s1600/thank+you+police.jpg

Is she related to bxm042?

Dianne
12-02-2014, 07:05 PM
The divide will get worse, because Obama and Holder are paying $$$$$$$ through Sharpton to make it worse. I have no doubt in my mind, that those rioting in Ferguson were paid to do so. The news media loves it, but ... my friends of color hate Obama even more than I do, which proves those rioting are hired hands. They are hoping they can throw enough money at this, to cause race riots. Thank you Barry Soetoro, for being the true asshole liar you are, and have always been.

TheCount
12-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Barry Soetoro

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

acptulsa
12-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

She didn't make that up.

B.O. did.

Indy Vidual
12-02-2014, 08:15 PM
There is still ONE person who can unite us:

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/06/0604_oprah_tech_effect/image/intro.jpg

:rolleyes:

TheCount
12-02-2014, 08:26 PM
There is still ONE person who can unite us:

If it was a 'miss me yet' Bush pic I might've thrown up.

Indy Vidual
12-02-2014, 08:35 PM
If it was a 'miss me yet' Bush pic I might've thrown up.

I used to live with someone who watched Oprah every morning....
At least one thing has clearly improved in my life the last few years. :)

TheCount
12-02-2014, 08:37 PM
I used to live with someone who watched Oprah every morning....
At least one thing has clearly improved in my life the last few years. :)

My life has improved considerably since I stopped watching TV completely.

Now of only I could find a group of coworkers who are capable of talking about something besides what happened on TV the previous night.

DFF
12-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Just wait it'll get worse.............

Much worse!

Agreed.

When SHTF (and it will, don't delude yourselves into thinking otherwise) the US will break up along ethnic lines...and it will be on like donkey kong.

Things will likely get so bad the country will wind up balkanized in order to stop the violence.

morfeeis
12-03-2014, 12:38 AM

What just happened here?

It's simple; when the in-group was america and we had outside forces, the group banded together even if it was all based on a lie. Now with no outside force forcing those in this country to be one single group anymore we now look inward to define our groups and a group can be based on almost anything (sex, race, income, political party, anything). once the group lines have been drawn it is easy to create friction and fighting amongst the group. the kicker is, in order to bring the groups back together they must face a mutual foe.

acptulsa
12-03-2014, 07:50 AM
Agreed.

When SHTF (and it will, don't delude yourselves into thinking otherwise) the US will break up along ethnic lines...and it will be on like donkey kong.

Things will likely get so bad the country will wind up balkanized in order to stop the violence.

That outcome can be avoided.

Is it that you don't believe it can be avoided, that you don't want that outcome to be avoided, or that you're being paid to help bring it to pass?

Because no matter how much you hate people with different levels of melanin than you, getting a chance to do something about them isn't worth the full-blown, lock-down tyranny that will follow.

`We all came to America on different boats, but we're in the same boat now, and we have to learn to get along with each other.'--Calvin Coolidge

Zippyjuan
12-03-2014, 02:14 PM
The divide will get worse, because Obama and Holder are paying $$$$$$$ through Sharpton to make it worse. I have no doubt in my mind, that those rioting in Ferguson were paid to do so. The news media loves it, but ... my friends of color hate Obama even more than I do, which proves those rioting are hired hands. They are hoping they can throw enough money at this, to cause race riots. Thank you Barry Soetoro, for being the true asshole liar you are, and have always been.

Were Tea Party protesters also paid?

Zippyjuan
12-03-2014, 02:15 PM
double