PDA

View Full Version : Who are Independent Iowans?

Tarabell952
12-03-2007, 11:30 AM
There's a lot of things I could say about Ron Paul, but in my letters I want to stress the issues that independent Iowans care about most. Do they tend to fall more liberal or more conservative? Thanks for your help.

RickNHouston
12-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Can someone here tell me how to get some addresses for letter writing in IA?
e-mail @ trickyd54@yahoo.com

seapilot
12-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Can someone here tell me how to get some addresses for letter writing in IA?
e-mail @ trickyd54@yahoo.com

send a personal message to

kotetu

he will email you some addresses to get you started.

seapilot
12-03-2007, 08:39 PM
There's a lot of things I could say about Ron Paul, but in my letters I want to stress the issues that independent Iowans care about most. Do they tend to fall more liberal or more conservative? Thanks for your help.

What Ive read in the forums people from Iowa say they are likely against the Iraq War.

kotetu
12-03-2007, 11:41 PM
I have over 500 left! RickNHouston check your PMs.

kotetu
12-03-2007, 11:45 PM
I got this from this article:

http://news-releases.uiowa.edu/2007/october/102907poll-issues.html

Among Republican caucus-goers, terrorism is the most important issue at 21.9 percent. The economy is second at 15.8 percent, followed by the Iraq war (15.5 percent), and immigration (13.7 percent). Rounding out the remaining issues are health care (9.7 percent), abortion (7.2 percent), education (4.0 percent), energy policy (2.9 percent), gay marriage (2.9 percent), agricultural policy (1.4 percent), and the environment (1.1 percent), while 2.2 percent responded "don't know" and 1.8 percent responded "other."

"Republicans are also responding to the messages of their candidates," said Redlawsk. "Where Democrats focus on Iraq, Republicans talk about terrorism and security; the result is that voters also focus on that issue."

RockEnds
12-03-2007, 11:54 PM
I can tell you this. I have two registered no-party voters in my house. In the last two weeks, they have received mail from Hillary, Obama, Richardson, and Edwards. During the course of this whole campaign season, they have not received one piece of mail from any Republican candidate. The powers-to-be have certainly spotted the Iowa independent vote as left leaning this year.

kotetu
12-04-2007, 12:18 AM
RockEnds - you should write them each a letter today! :D

RockEnds
12-04-2007, 12:23 AM
RockEnds - you should write them each a letter today! :D

Well, I have one of them on the phone now! He's telling me how much he loves Ron Paul as I write this. ;)

Tarabell952
12-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Thank you so much for your research, but we are writing to independent caucus goers, not republicans. They will most likely have different political views. Do you know of any similar information, but for no-party Iowans? Thanks again!

I got this from this article:

http://news-releases.uiowa.edu/2007/october/102907poll-issues.html

malibu
12-04-2007, 09:49 AM
College campuses have plenty of independents - there are 220,000 potential college caucus goers in Iowa.

http://media.www.dailyiowan.com/media/storage/paper599/news/2007/11/28/Metro/Student.Group.Examines.Caucuses-3119589.shtml?refsource=collegeheadlines

Many will gravitate toward the tight Dem caucus vote between Hitlary, Obamamania, and Kerry's old running mate,
so we need to encourage more to register for the GOP caucus.

------------------

An excerpt from the Daily Iowan article . . .

"Atul Nakhasi, the president of the UI Democrats, spoke about the importance of Iowa's possible 220,000 caucusing college students.

"College students in Iowa could single-handedly determine the next president," he said.