PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of Ferguson

RJB
12-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Every time a wound is opened that needs a good discussion, the media turns Americans against each other rather than against those in power who made it this way. Ferguson is the perfect example.

The average Faux Boobs viewer hears about how scary the ghettoes are and instead of believing in the 2nd Amendment, he cries for more police "protection" in his relatively crimeless suburbs. This just puts more cops in positions to harass honest people.

The MSNBC viewer cries about racism, ignoring that racism is usually the reason why an officer gets in trouble these days. A cop can beat up, falsely charge, kidnap, commit perjury, even murder someone, but as long as he called the victim, "sir," everything is fine. If he called someone an ethnic slur, then he gets in trouble. In this case, MSNBC viewers are convinced that Wilson went after Brown to kill him strictly because he's black. There is no evidence of this. However, it seems he did follow "department policies."

Everytime they get off, it is because they followed department policies, but NO ONE in the media suggests we look at department policies other than how a white cop might act around a black person-- in other words he can do anything but call him an N-word.

This media misdirection happens EVERYTIME. It's fear your black neighbor. It's fear your crazy right winger neighbor. But it's never, your neighbor is cool, lets look at the men behind the curtain whose policies cause this.

As a side. I've liked the discussions here, but two discussions I've found amusing are on two very different types of forums: Neo-nazis and gated community liberals. Both are a bit silly.

The neo Nazis are interesting because a lot seem to dislike both blacks and the cops and it's like watching a reality show of people making off the wall statements that regular people don't say.

The gated community liberals can neither say a bad thing in any way that might be directed against the inner city community for political correctness, but they fear that community so much that they believe that only police officers protect their safety and can not say anything bad about police either. It's like reading a Dostoevsky novel where people think one way but talk another.

Just my little rant...

Danke
12-01-2014, 04:54 PM
You should ask admin for a change of your username.

muh_roads
12-01-2014, 05:33 PM
...and it's like watching a reality show of people making off the wall statements that regular people don't say.

That's the way we're viewed already by the masses.

RJB
12-01-2014, 05:48 PM
That's the way we're viewed already by the masses.

One person's favorite reality show is another's surreality.

For me I found those two groups interesting. I like understanding why people think the way they do. Usually it's because it's the media thinking for them, depending on who they view. FOX and MSNBC viewer are pretty predictable. I guess libertarians are too-- It's mostly "leave us alone." I find the most interesting discussions are when someone either hates both sides or loves both sides and feels they have to choose.

amy31416
12-01-2014, 06:53 PM

Brian4Liberty
12-01-2014, 07:09 PM
I'd say that CNN is the single biggest offender at constantly driving the demonize and distract agenda.

The gated community liberals can neither say a bad thing in any way that might be directed against the inner city community for political correctness, but they fear that community so much that they believe that only police officers protect their safety and can not say anything bad about police either. It's like reading a Dostoevsky novel where people think one way but talk another.

This is a good description of CNN coverage. One minute it's about "racism in America", the next it's about how we need Police, and that the shooting was just following procedures required for officer safety.

RJB
12-01-2014, 07:17 PM
That's about the best description of CNN. I usually hate to generalize people but sometimes I'll watch the news or listen to talk radio and think, "no one will buy this rubbish," and then I'll hear someone repeat it as if it were their own thought, when the day before they may have said something inconsistent with their current thinking.

This is a good description of CNN coverage. One minute it's about "racism in America", the next it's about how we need Police, and that the shooting was just following procedures required for officer safety.

twomp
12-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Every time all 3 major networks decide to "broadcast" something for a whole week straight. It's propaganda. The "legitimate" protests don't get prime time coverage. It's like in sports, when someone runs onto the field, the camera pans away from them as to not give them attention. They don't want to encourage other people to do it. You can call it the "Ron Paul treatment."

limequat
12-01-2014, 10:03 PM
I feel like we all got played. Damn.

fr33
12-01-2014, 11:11 PM
I'm sick of it too because it's turned into a topic about race and IDGAF about race. I'm more interested in all of us vs the police not just some of us. Since the details are so murky with most eye-witnesses agreeing that the dude attacked the officer to some extent, this is not a good case to bring up about the police state; and that's why the whole race thing is what people are falling back on to appeal to emotion rather than reason.

Occam's Banana
12-02-2014, 12:52 AM
I'm sick of it too because it's turned into a topic about race and IDGAF about race. I'm more interested in all of us vs the police not just some of us. Since the details are so murky with most eye-witnesses agreeing that the dude attacked the officer to some extent, this is not a good case to bring up about the police state; and that's why the whole race thing is what people are falling back on to appeal to emotion rather than reason.

I agree. This is why I have limited my own commentary on the case to the issue of police accountability (while studiously ignoring the matter of whether either Wilson or Brown is guilty of anything). There is sufficient probable cause for charges against and a trial for Darren Wilson - and that is precisely what would have happened, if Wilson was not a cop. It is this disparity upon which attention ought to be focussed. (As for the disposition of the question of Wilson's guilt, however, it does not appear that anything "beyond a reasonable doubt" can be extracted from this mess.) But the murky forensics and Michael Brown's dubious character combine to afford the perfect excuse for the diversion of attention away from this central issue.

Unfortunately (and precisely because of its "diversionary" potential), the B$M (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?464025-The-Big-Six-Media-%28B-M%29) have decreed that Boobus is to pay attention to this case - so whether it's a "good" case or not, it's what we have to work with. Within that context, about the most we can hope for is to use the notoriety of this case as a "springboard" for promoting awareness of less "tainted" cases, such as those of Aiyana Jones, Baby Bou Bou, Miriam Carey, Kelly Thomas, Eric Garner, etc.

euphemia
12-02-2014, 07:28 AM
We live in a racially diverse area. It's amazing what that does for everyone's thinking.

Yesterday I took an elevator with a black woman. I noticed her clothing. "I think we are wearing similar outfits." She turned around and smiled, for indeed we were, right up to our glasses. Had a little joke about our marvelous taste and that we were both headed to work at different places. It was just a chance meeting, but very significant to me in light of the events of the past three months.

The racial difference did not occur to me at the outset. Maybe if people reach out on their own, it might help. We sure can't depend on government to make it better.

Mr.NoSmile
12-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Well, a ton of people aren't and probably won't be over it for a while. And there you have it.

Ronin Truth
12-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Thread title - DITTO!