PDA

View Full Version : If the IRS fines me for not having insurance... I want to sue them.... who should I call?

V4Vendetta
11-29-2014, 05:57 PM
If the IRS fines me for not having insurnace... I want to sue them.... who should I call

tod evans
11-29-2014, 05:59 PM
Saul......

Zippyjuan
11-29-2014, 06:21 PM
A really expensive lawyer who will charge you more than the insurance and fine (unless he does it pro bono).

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/judges-dump-challenge-to-irs-role-in-obamacare-penalties-b99357041z1-276407641.html

Judges dump challenge to IRS role in Obamacare penalties

A conservative physicians group and a Wisconsin member who had challenged an IRS plan to collect a tax penalty from individuals who don't get health insurance under the Affordable Care Act lost again Friday in a federal court.

The 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago affirmed a Wisconsin federal judge's decision to dismiss a lawsuit filed last October by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons Inc. and Robert T. McQueeney, who treat patients on a cash basis.

The AAPS is based in Arizona. McQueeney, a member, is a Marinette County psychiatrist, according to the suit.

The plaintiffs had sought an injunction blocking the IRS from collecting the penalty in 2014, on the argument that it would violate the 10th Amendment and separation of powers.

The amendment states that the federal government holds only those powers delegated to it by the Constitution, or prohibited to the states or the people.

Like U.S. District Judge William Griesbach, the 7th Circuit found that McQueeney and the physicians' group lacked standing to bring the challenge, noting the Supreme Court's repeated rejection of attempts by one person to litigate over someone else's taxes.

Judge Frank Easterbrook wrote the five-page opinion for a panel that included judges Richard Posner and William Bauer.

Oral arguments in the case on Tuesday clearly foreshadowed where the court was headed, according to Courthouse News Service.

The physicians group essentially said that forcing individuals to spend money on insurance, or on the penalty for not having it, cut into funds they might choose to spend directly for health care from physicians in the group.

But neither McQueeney nor the AAPS claimed any impact on their own taxes.

"In a market economy everything is connected to everything else through the price system," Easterbrook wrote. "To allow a long, intermediated chain of effects to establish standing is to abolish the standing requirement as a practical matter."

He said that even if the plaintiffs had standing, they'd be the wrong parties to bring suit.

"Only persons seeking to advance the interest protected by the mandatory-insurance portions of the Affordable Care Act would have a plausible claim to relief."

But it should be noted that in this case, they ruled the doctors did not have standing since they were not personally being fined by the IRS.

V4Vendetta
11-29-2014, 06:30 PM
I have money to spend... willing to spend it to fight this tyranny, and repeal it, just to find the right attorney or lawfirm willing to fight it, and use the right argument

Zippyjuan
11-29-2014, 06:32 PM
Good luck with it then! Many will be watching to see how it comes out!

V4Vendetta
11-29-2014, 06:37 PM
That's what I'm hoping for. I just need to find the right representation

kcchiefs6465
11-29-2014, 06:41 PM
https://www.rutherford.org/legal_assistance/

11-29-2014, 06:42 PM
I don't think the fines are going to be enforced. I read that several times.

V4Vendetta
11-29-2014, 06:48 PM

If true... the law still has it written in there... so if not now... in 10 or 20 years they'll decide its time to enforce it... so it's time to abolish it now... when you have to work 3 months out of the year for free and they still want more, there's a big fucking problem

Slave Mentality
11-29-2014, 07:18 PM
I am pulling for you brother.

GunnyFreedom
11-29-2014, 07:38 PM

They don't have to be "enforced" to be subtracted from your refund.

oyarde
11-29-2014, 07:53 PM
If true... the law still has it written in there... so if not now... in 10 or 20 years they'll decide its time to enforce it... so it's time to abolish it now... when you have to work 3 months out of the year for free and they still want more, there's a big fucking problem

Three months does not quite cover mine , then , there is what the Mrs pays on top of that . We are though exempt from this particular atrocity , although , I have children and Grandchildren and friends who will not be .....

V4Vendetta
11-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Does anyone know of a lawfirm who would be competent and willing to take a case for this? who wouldn't charge a million dollars?

torchbearer
11-29-2014, 08:47 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ee/Ghostbusters_logo.svg/1200px-Ghostbusters_logo.svg.png

satchelmcqueen
11-29-2014, 11:05 PM
im not sure man. maybe put out an ad for it somewhere. maybe a freedom loving firm will take you on. but i bet thats rare. good luck.

heavenlyboy34
11-29-2014, 11:17 PM
IDK anyone, but I wanted to stop by and let ya know I'm rooting and praying for ye, bro. Strike the root! :cool:

cindy25
11-30-2014, 01:29 AM
wouldn't just paying your electric, gas or phone late, and then claim the hardship exemption work?

I predict it will be such a mess that Obama will give a 1 year waiver to everyone, and then SCOTUS will just end it in June

Danke
11-30-2014, 01:41 AM
http://losthorizons.com/Documents/TheRealHealthcareCrisis.htm

Weston White
11-30-2014, 02:44 AM
Saul......

“Look, let’s start with some tough love, alright?”

“Did you know that you have rights? The constitution says you do! And so do I.”

MRK
11-30-2014, 05:10 AM

If you make less than 100k per year in America, or more than 100k per year in America, you're gonna have a bad time.

nobody's_hero
11-30-2014, 06:51 AM
I'm not so sure the health system won't just collapse before your case even gets heard.

There's an old saying that goes for banking:

"If you owe the bank $1,000, you have a problem. If you owe the bank $1,000,000, the bank has a problem."

I think it will go something like this for healthcare:

"If you don't pay for insurance, you have a problem. If 50,000,000 people won't pay for insurance, the insurance company has a problem." --- And that's where we're heading with such poor compliance.

tod evans
11-30-2014, 06:55 AM
Motion for continuance...

Acala
11-30-2014, 07:10 AM
Goldwater Institute? http://goldwaterinstitute.org/who-we-are

mrsat_98
11-30-2014, 07:15 AM
https://www.rutherford.org/legal_assistance/

Does anyone know of a lawfirm who would be competent and willing to take a case for this? who wouldn't charge a million dollars?

The above have a good rep.

osan
11-30-2014, 07:40 AM
If the IRS fines me for not having insurnace... I want to sue them.... who should I call

An undertaker.

Oh, and it's "whom should I call".

Grammar NAZI alert... oh wait... never mind.

osan
11-30-2014, 07:42 AM
They don't have to be "enforced" to be subtracted from your refund paycheck.

Fiksdit fer'y.

11-30-2014, 08:24 AM
They don't have to be "enforced" to be subtracted from your refund.

From what I understand of it- Don't have any payroll deduction. Pay your taxes minus the fines or more likely, you don't owe if you make so little you can't get or afford insurance. The government is not going to come after you for it, it's not going to be enforced.

Barrex
11-30-2014, 09:52 AM
Unless you are millionare you shouldnt go into it alone. Contact organizations that deal with this kind of thing (conservative, civil liberties, "tax watch", etc.) and try really hard to get them on board too. The more organizations and individuals you have more chance you will have. Then you and them can start signing up people for class action lawsuit. It is not easy to go against government program. It is hell to go against it alone.

MRK
11-30-2014, 09:54 AM
From what I understand of it- Don't have any payroll deduction. Pay your taxes minus the fines or more likely, you don't owe if you make so little you can't get or afford insurance. The government is not going to come after you for it, it's not going to be enforced.

I get the feeling "I heard it wasn't going to be enforced" isn't going to carry much weight at a mundane's tax evasion hearing.

torchbearer
11-30-2014, 11:17 AM
I'm not so sure the health system won't just collapse before your case even gets heard.

There's an old saying that goes for banking:

"If you owe the bank $1,000, you have a problem. If you owe the bank $1,000,000, the bank has a problem."

I think it will go something like this for healthcare:

"If you don't pay for insurance, you have a problem. If 50,000,000 people won't pay for insurance, the insurance company has a problem." --- And that's where we're heading with such poor compliance.

When the insurance companies lose on this gambit, we will be stuck bailing them out.
So, bend over.

Philhelm
11-30-2014, 11:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jdAi5OVkaM