PDA

View Full Version : Does the media divide us with "victim selection"

JustinTime
11-28-2014, 05:41 PM
We all know about the shitstorm that has gone on for months over Michael Brown. I happen to think Brown was a thug who put Wilson in a position where he had no choice to shoot him, but lets put that aside for a second.

There are other victims, black Americans, who are far more deserving of this massive amount of attention, like Tamir Rice and Miriam Carey, who don't get it. Does this seem odd to any of you?

As others have said playing up the race angle is done to cause a rift among Americans, but it occurs to me that the media selects guys like Mike Brown and Trayvon Martin to become the face of problems with police brutality, and police brutality against black people, they hype their stories to ridiculous levels knowing damn well they probably deserved their fate.

I think this is also done to cause a rift. They handpick someone who is guilty as fck, turn it into a massive controversy, and leave everyone divided and angry at each other.

lilymc
11-28-2014, 05:47 PM
We all know about the shitstorm that has gone on for months over Michael Brown. I happen to think Brown was a thug who put Wilson in a position where he had no choice to shoot him, but lets put that aside for a second.

There are other victims, black Americans, who are far more deserving of this massive amount of attention, like Tamir Rice and Miriam Carey, who don't get it. Does this seem odd to any of you?

As others have said playing up the race angle is done to cause a rift among Americans, but it occurs to me that the media selects guys like Mike Brown and Trayvon Martin to become the face of problems with police brutality, and police brutality against black people, they hype their stories to ridiculous levels knowing damn well they probably deserved their fate.

I think this is also done to cause a rift. They handpick someone who is guilty as fck, turn it into a massive controversy, and leave everyone divided and angry at each other.

Definitely, iyam.

I don't necessarily agree with everything she's saying in this video, but since it's on this topic, I'll post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6-ZcTsAkY

JustinTime
11-28-2014, 06:34 PM
She seems to imply that the riots, fires, were all false flags, which I don't agree with, I think there are plenty of people that friggin upset over Mike Brown and so boiling with anger and hate that their own neighborhoods on fire.

But I do think are far, faaaarrrr more deserving victims of police violence that could and should receive just a tenth of what the "gentle giant" has received, but hasn't and I think this is done on purpose.

parocks
11-28-2014, 09:09 PM

Yup, that's pretty much how it is.

They ignore cases where the cops are clearly in the wrong, and they focus on white cop kills black who isn't entirely innocent and is less sympathetic.

Christian Liberty
11-28-2014, 09:18 PM
It seems to me like an attempt to pit "conservative" white middle class bourgeoisie America against thuggish gang culture... Either you're for the police, or you're for the criminal gangs. No option to oppose all of the gangs...

GunnyFreedom
11-28-2014, 09:26 PM
That's pretty much how I see it. And I see it as intentional also. I think this is very enlightening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23X14HS4gLk

Cissy
11-28-2014, 09:26 PM
It seems to me like an attempt to pit "conservative" white middle class bourgeoisie America against thuggish gang culture... Either you're for the police, or you're for the criminal gangs. No option to oppose all of the gangs...

This. And it's harder to convince "conservative" white middle class bourgeoisie America that police brutality is a real problem when Miriam Carey and Jose Guerena are hardly household names, but Brown and Martin are.

fr33
11-28-2014, 09:29 PM
The mainstream media only chooses the worst cases (as far as evidence goes) to focus on so they can keep a war of races going. Cops can beat the shit out a defenseless woman in custody or throw a flashbang grenade at a baby but those won't get the attention of the MSM.

GunnyFreedom
11-28-2014, 09:31 PM
Media victim selection is a modern day version of "Don't Be A Sucker." Our own government wrote a docupropaganda how to recognize fascism. The time is closer than we thought when we begun.

Anti Federalist
11-28-2014, 09:40 PM
Does the media divide us with "victim selection"

Yes, of course.

Self evident truth is self evident.

acptulsa
11-28-2014, 09:56 PM
And it even works here, where we should be familiar with America's founding principles and why they're important.

But we can get those other police victims some exposure if we try hard enough. That's less of a challenge than getting people's heads out of the media's racist asses.

enhanced_deficit
12-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Probably media owners in collosion with alleged dronegansta's puppet masters.

Ender
12-06-2014, 10:28 PM

I think the MSM hypes any thing bad they can find about a victim so that the majority of the populace will have sympathy for the shooter.

You are convinced that Brown & Trayvon were "guilty as fck" without any solid evidence other than a "maybe he stole or maybe he didn't" video on Brown and a backpack with some jewelry in it for Trayvon.

Does the media divide us? Yes.

And it's also real good at bringing out the justifying white folks in these cases. I have seen some on this forum immediately side against the victim as soon as there is a hair of possible bad stuff about them.

The complaining over Baby Bou or Miriam not being in the forefront is one thing. Not doing one dang thing about it, YOURSELF, is hypocritical.

AuH20
12-06-2014, 10:49 PM

Based on the evidence both Brown and Martin were the aggressors, yet they have been portrayed by the media as living saints. ROFL But I don't think the media is intentionally selecting less than stellar citizens to promote as victims.

euphemia
12-06-2014, 10:53 PM
We all know about the shitstorm that has gone on for months over Michael Brown. I happen to think Brown was a thug...

I mostly agree with this part.

But not this part. There are other victims. Full stop. Race has nothing to do with it. This is not a racial issue. it is an integrity issue. Police departments need more integrity, and citizens need to choose to do the right thing.

green73
12-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Is the media any better than Soviet Pravda? Is it worse?

(At least the Soviets knew Pravda was full of shit).

Ender
12-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Based on the evidence both Brown and Martin were the aggressors, yet they have been portrayed by the media as living saints. ROFL But I don't think the media is intentionally selecting less than stellar citizens to promote as victims.

Trayvon came into the public eye because of his parents. Brown because of the community.

And there is NO proof that either were the aggressor. THAT is the media playing you like a guitar.

Even the jurors for the Zimmerman trial said that there was no proof of anything, so they didn't convict Zimmerman because of that- NOT because the proof was on his side.

euphemia
12-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Still, it's not a racial issue. it's a police issue and a citizen issue. Imagine if people just lived their lives and earned their ways. How would that change the issue of excessive force by law enforcement? The fact that there are so many criminals out there seems to make people want more safety at the sacrifice of their own rights, even if it means law enforcement steps over the line to become judge, jury, and executioner.

BV2
12-06-2014, 11:47 PM
It appears to be a racial issue because both men have that in common. They concentrate on that variable instead of a, perhaps, more important one: presence of law enforcement who cause avoidable death.

euphemia
12-06-2014, 11:51 PM
It appears to be a racial issue because both men have that in common. They concentrate on that variable instead of a, perhaps, more important one: presence of law enforcement who cause avoidable death.

The problem is more widespread than Martin and Brown. It transcends race. The media has kept the race issue alive by victim selection, rather than address solutions to crime and law enforcement. If the issue of race went away, we would see the abuses of government transcend race and extend well beyond the law enforcement community. All agencies of government are working outside their boundaries. All of them.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-06-2014, 11:52 PM
I think Brown and Wilson was a series of escalations. Store merchant knocks cigars out of Brown's hands. Brown picks them up and walks out the door. Brown walks in the middle of street, thus prompting Wilson's stop. Brown likely says something Wilson doesn't like. Wilson refuses to let it go, and aggressively backs his car. Wilson practically and violently runs over Brown and possibly and violently slams open his door hard on Brown. Brown reciprocates in equally violent fashion. Wilson views Brown's turning around and taking one step off the curb as the final demarcation and escalation. Wilson empties his gun into Brown.

Brown sometimes had the right idea, but the wrong tactic. Guy who was better equipped that day won.

jclay2
12-07-2014, 12:01 AM
I am so sick of the msm. They have played the American public like a fiddle. They have pulled off divide and conquer flawlessly. Instead of talking about Obama's Unconstitutional Executive orders, we are arguing about black vs white and completely ignoring the fact that police brutality affects all races.

euphemia
12-07-2014, 12:29 AM
Police brutality was more of an issue by itself when people started resisting war and infringements on civil rights in the 1960s. Today we should understand that all parts of government are out of control. Babies are taken away from parents for no reason. People are shot and choked to death in the streets. Property is confiscated from hardworking citizens. Kids are being starved to death and indoctrinated in schools. It is all out of control. If we continue to make these separate issues, we are not going to find solutions.

Government is out of control. All of it. Everywhere. Every single level.