PDA

View Full Version : +News: Under Pressure From Uber, Taxi Medallion Prices are Plummeting

juleswin
11-28-2014, 02:04 PM
In major cities throughout the United States, taxi medallion prices are tumbling as taxis face competition from car-service apps like Uber and Lyft.

The average price of an individual New York City taxi medallion fell to $872,000 in October, down 17 percent from a peak reached in the spring of 2013, according to an analysis of sales data. Previous figures published by the city’s Taxi and Limousine Commission — showing flat prices — appear to have been incorrect, and the commission removed them from its website after an inquiry from The New York Times.

In other big cities, medallion prices are also falling, often in conjunction with a sharp decline in sales volume. In Chicago, prices are down 17 percent. In Boston, they’re down at least 20 percent, though it’s hard to establish an exact market price because there have been only five trades since July. In Philadelphia, the taxi authority recently failed to sell any medallions at its asking price of $475,000; it will try again, at $350,000.

Most major American cities have long used a system to limit the number of operating taxicabs, typically a medallion system: Drivers must own or rent a medallion to operate a taxi, and the city issues a fixed number of them. In New York, which established its medallion system in 1937, that number is 13,437. The number has risen only gradually since the late 1990s, even as the city’s economy has boomed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/28/upshot/under-pressure-from-uber-taxi-medallion-prices-are-plummeting.html?_r=1&abt=0002&abg=1

This is good news for consumers. I hope this continues with even more competition for arising not just for state sanctioned taxis but competition for Lyft and Uber too.

presence
11-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Regulatory capture is a form of political corruption that occurs when a regulatory agency, created to act in the public interest, instead advances the commercial or special concerns of interest groups that dominate the industry or sector it is charged with regulating.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulatory_capture

When its not the government doing it... we call it Racketeering.

Henry Rogue
11-28-2014, 04:06 PM
Got in a little heated discourse with a neighbor about this a couple of weeks ago, seems he likes over paying.

In major cities throughout the United States, taxi medallion prices are tumbling as taxis face competition from car-service apps like Uber and Lyft.

The average price of an individual New York City taxi medallion fell to $872,000 in October, down 17 percent from a peak reached in the spring of 2013, according to an analysis of sales data. Previous figures published by the city’s Taxi and Limousine Commission — showing flat prices — appear to have been incorrect, and the commission removed them from its website after an inquiry from The New York Times.

In other big cities, medallion prices are also falling, often in conjunction with a sharp decline in sales volume. In Chicago, prices are down 17 percent. In Boston, they’re down at least 20 percent, though it’s hard to establish an exact market price because there have been only five trades since July. In Philadelphia, the taxi authority recently failed to sell any medallions at its asking price of $475,000; it will try again, at $350,000.

Most major American cities have long used a system to limit the number of operating taxicabs, typically a medallion system: Drivers must own or rent a medallion to operate a taxi, and the city issues a fixed number of them. In New York, which established its medallion system in 1937, that number is 13,437. The number has risen only gradually since the late 1990s, even as the city’s economy has boomed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/28/upshot/under-pressure-from-uber-taxi-medallion-prices-are-plummeting.html?_r=1&abt=0002&abg=1

This is good news for consumers. I hope this continues with even more competition for arising not just for state sanctioned taxis but competition for Lyft and Uber too.

idiom
11-28-2014, 04:07 PM
//

PRB
11-28-2014, 04:46 PM
under pressure from Uber? LOL. How about just blame overall loss in demand?

acptulsa
11-28-2014, 04:52 PM

And the creation of Uber just before taxi business fell off was just a coincidence? Because there were so many ways to avoid using a city-licensed, radio-dispatched taxi even before Uber? Because taxi use was already going down--thus decreasing demand for 'medallions' in cities that used that system--before Uber?

Keep laughing, Einstein.

helmuth_hubener
11-28-2014, 05:19 PM
I am extremely impressed and, I'll admit, somewhat surprised, that Uber and Lyft seem able to continue on in the face of all the governmental efforts to end them. How do they do it? Why are they not the victims of many multi-million dollar suits? Why are their company offices not being raided and their officers put in jail?

PRB
11-28-2014, 08:14 PM
And the creation of Uber just before taxi business fell off was just a coincidence?

No, just that the drop in demand and licensing cost is long overdue. If something was the last straw, better late than never.

Because there were so many ways to avoid using a city-licensed, radio-dispatched taxi even before Uber?

No, there were not, at least not as efficiently with strangers.

Because taxi use was already going down--thus decreasing demand for 'medallions' in cities that used that system--before Uber?

Yes, taxis use has gone down every year it hasn't dropped prices, otherwise you'd see more people getting into the business.

Keep laughing, Einstein.

Thanks for your permission.

PRB
11-28-2014, 08:15 PM
I am extremely impressed and, I'll admit, somewhat surprised, that Uber and Lyft seem able to continue on in the face of all the governmental efforts to end them. How do they do it? Why are they not the victims of many multi-million dollar suits? Why are their company offices not being raided and their officers put in jail?

except here

http://www.cnet.com/news/uber-suspends-operations-in-nevada-after-injunction/

they don't need multi million dollar lawsuits, they only need a few injunctions or court orders without a chance to defend themselves. What they do either isn't illegal, or is blatantly illegal depending on what jurisdiction, there's not much room for debate about what they do and what their intentions are.

s35wf
11-30-2014, 12:32 PM
same article was also posted on zerohedge today. I started driving for Uber/Fluber due to the wonderful povertylevel situation here in florida. What ive found is uber/lyft are very much exploiting the under/un employed all across the country. DRIVERS pay their OWN insurance (usually illegal cuz their using their own personal insurance.) They pay for gas, tolls, cleaning, repairs, etc...) sometimes in some areas they are ticketed, fined, have their cars impounded and sometimes even taken to jail! They end up earning LESS than minimum wage and have HUGE risks!

They work underneath a 5 star rating system and MUST keep a Rating of 4.6 stars to remain active/continue to drive. flUbers rating system is seriously flawed!

One would THINK a 1-5 Star rating would mean 1=terrible, 2=fair 3=average 4=good 5=great/exceptional ....but if you rate any of your drivers under a 5 stars...then your telling Corporate they should be fired!

Always rate your Driver 5 stars...or your saying they should be Fired/terminated!

Also Always TIP your Driver cuz most are headed to the Food Stamp Line and are barely making ends meet!

Also ALL Riders/customers are also rated on a 5 Star system too! YES DRIVERS are rating you....NO Tip...NO 5 Stars and if YOU Mr Customer/Rider are TOO Cheap to tip...Then YOUR Star Rating will Drop and NO driver will come to get you when you so desperately want/need that ride!

To READ Whats really going on with these "ride sharing" illegal taxi cab on demand services check out www.UberPeople.net

puppetmaster
11-30-2014, 12:39 PM
I am extremely impressed and, I'll admit, somewhat surprised, that Uber and Lyft seem able to continue on in the face of all the governmental efforts to end them. How do they do it? Why are they not the victims of many multi-million dollar suits? Why are their company offices not being raided and their officers put in jail? They supended operations in NV. Taxi Co have a victory for now.

s35wf
11-30-2014, 01:26 PM
Also If AnyOne would like a "Free/Discounted" Ride Here is a Promo Code for Uber upto $20 off your First Ride! just download the software app at iPhone or GooglePlay store or from uber.com then when installing use promo code: 2HA55 to get upto $20 off! :)

PRB
11-30-2014, 02:35 PM
same article was also posted on zerohedge today. I started driving for Uber/Fluber due to the wonderful povertylevel situation here in florida. What ive found is uber/lyft are very much exploiting the under/un employed all across the country.

Yeah, because they were obviously better off before they were exploited.

DRIVERS pay their OWN insurance (usually illegal cuz their using their own personal insurance.) They pay for gas, tolls, cleaning, repairs, etc...) sometimes in some areas they are ticketed, fined, have their cars impounded and sometimes even taken to jail! They end up earning LESS than minimum wage and have HUGE risks!

They can quit.

They work underneath a 5 star rating system and MUST keep a Rating of 4.6 stars to remain active/continue to drive. flUbers rating system is seriously flawed!

You call flaw? I call it free market.

One would THINK a 1-5 Star rating would mean 1=terrible, 2=fair 3=average 4=good 5=great/exceptional ....but if you rate any of your drivers under a 5 stars...then your telling Corporate they should be fired!

So what? They can drive for another company, or not at all.

Always rate your Driver 5 stars...or your saying they should be Fired/terminated!

I'll rate how I like, if there's enough replacements, the market will end up with the bestest of the bestest.

Also Always TIP your Driver cuz most are headed to the Food Stamp Line and are barely making ends meet!

Not my problem.

Also ALL Riders/customers are also rated on a 5 Star system too! YES DRIVERS are rating you....NO Tip...NO 5 Stars and if YOU Mr Customer/Rider are TOO Cheap to tip...Then YOUR Star Rating will Drop and NO driver will come to get you when you so desperately want/need that ride!

Not my loss, I can get rides with other people, other drivers, so fire me.

To READ Whats really going on with these "ride sharing" illegal taxi cab on demand services check out www.UberPeople.net (http://www.UberPeople.net)

Haters.

PRB
11-30-2014, 02:35 PM
Also If AnyOne would like a "Free/Discounted" Ride Here is a Promo Code for Uber upto $20 off your First Ride! just download the software app at iPhone or GooglePlay store or from uber.com then when installing use promo code: 2HA55 to get upto $20 off! :)

what's your deal? you want us to hate uber but then offer us a coupon? are you just spamming?

muh_roads
11-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Still too high for the medallion...but progress is progress. A decentralized future of cutting out all middlemen is within our grasp.

dannno
11-30-2014, 02:38 PM

Because if you haven't noticed demand for taxi services has increased significantly since Uber and Lyft have entered the market. Uber and Lyft have expanded the market drastically due to their lower rates (usually about 60-70% of a taxi) and significantly increased convenience and service.... on top of taking the increase in the market as a whole they have also taken a significant portion of the already existing taxi market.

dannno
11-30-2014, 02:42 PM
//

dannno
11-30-2014, 02:56 PM
same article was also posted on zerohedge today. I started driving for Uber/Fluber due to the wonderful povertylevel situation here in florida. What ive found is uber/lyft are very much exploiting the under/un employed all across the country. DRIVERS pay their OWN insurance (usually illegal cuz their using their own personal insurance.) They pay for gas, tolls, cleaning, repairs, etc...) sometimes in some areas they are ticketed, fined, have their cars impounded and sometimes even taken to jail! They end up earning LESS than minimum wage and have HUGE risks!

To READ Whats really going on with these "ride sharing" illegal taxi cab on demand services check out www.UberPeople.net

No way, most Uber drivers I talk to love their job - some of them switched from being a taxi driver to Uber and they like it way more. Their customers no longer treat them like shit because they get rated too, it's easier and more convenient for everybody, they don't have to carry cash and they actually make more money. I've heard of full time drivers in some cities averaging $55-$60k/year and a lot of smaller cities you can make about $25-$30/hr some weekends.

Yes, for most of them it is a side job. That is ok, because most of the demand is usually on the weekends and so even people who have full time employment can make some extra money then and help smooth out the supply side so more people have rides.

The rating system for Uber is great. Yes, you should rate most of your drivers 5 stars.. but assuming they do 20 rides in a night if they get 12 customer ratings and 9 are 5 star ratings, 2 are 4 star ratings and 1 is 3 star that is still well above the 4.6 star threshold.. and it's not 4.6 stars minimum everywhere, it is based on the average star ratings of the other drivers and whatever their supply levels are. They cut off the lower rated drivers if there are enough drivers and this improves their quality.

juleswin
11-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Still too high for the medallion...but progress is progress. A decentralized future of cutting out all middlemen is within our grasp.

This, I have used uber a few times and their rates is not that much different from regular taxis. I was expecting 30% + discount. get rid of the middle men asap.

dannno
11-30-2014, 04:46 PM
This, I have used uber a few times and their rates is not that much different from regular taxis. I was expecting 30% + discount. get rid of the middle men asap.

Everywhere in California that I'm aware of the taxis are 30%+ higher in fares, unless there are surge rates in place.

PRB
11-30-2014, 11:57 PM
Because if you haven't noticed demand for taxi services has increased significantly since Uber and Lyft have entered the market. Uber and Lyft have expanded the market drastically due to their lower rates (usually about 60-70% of a taxi) and significantly increased convenience and service.... on top of taking the increase in the market as a whole they have also taken a significant portion of the already existing taxi market.

Uber & Lyft created more demand for taxis? Really?

PRB
11-30-2014, 11:59 PM

Get your driver's name and card, make a list of people you trust, call up your friends first, that's how you cut the middle man.

PRB
12-01-2014, 12:01 AM
No way, most Uber drivers I talk to love their job - some of them switched from being a taxi driver to Uber and they like it way more.

Good to know these people exist.

Their customers no longer treat them like shit because they get rated too, it's easier and more convenient for everybody, they don't have to carry cash and they actually make more money. I've heard of full time drivers in some cities averaging $55-$60k/year and a lot of smaller cities you can make about $25-$30/hr some weekends.

Not bad at all.

Yes, for most of them it is a side job. That is ok, because most of the demand is usually on the weekends and so even people who have full time employment can make some extra money then and help smooth out the supply side so more people have rides.

I always like hearing that more people have less excuse to say they don't have money or opportunity.

The rating system for Uber is great. Yes, you should rate most of your drivers 5 stars.. but assuming they do 20 rides in a night if they get 12 customer ratings and 9 are 5 star ratings, 2 are 4 star ratings and 1 is 3 star that is still well above the 4.6 star threshold.. and it's not 4.6 stars minimum everywhere, it is based on the average star ratings of the other drivers and whatever their supply levels are. They cut off the lower rated drivers if there are enough drivers and this improves their quality.

Cool, I'll keep that in mind, if I ever do get to use it.

dannno
12-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Uber & Lyft created more demand for taxis? Really?

Yes, absolutely! They probably increased the demand for these services by I'm guessing at least 30% where I live. Uber is the "cool, hip" way to get around, taxis never had that status.

There are way more people who use these types of services now and for two primary reasons. One is convenience/service, and second is cost.

It used to be that you had to call a taxi company to come out to your house - if they were busy, you couldn't get through. You then had to give out your information over the phone, hope they got it right and wait for a taxi. Sometimes it was 10 minutes, sometimes 20, sometimes 30 and sometimes the cab never showed up. So there was no reliability with cabs.

Uber takes all of these problems away, when you request a ride you can see exactly where the uber is coming to pick you up is at via GPS. You know exactly how far away they are. You can literally watch them drive to your house on your phone. You can call or text them for special instructions.

In my small town there are over 200 uber drivers. There is a 10 minute drive from a major college to the downtown bar scene and on weekend nights the service is extremely busy. It used to be that taxis cost about $40+ to get downtown and $40+ back. Now with Uber you can get down and back at a flat rate of $21 each way. If you have 4 people in the car, that's about $5.25 each.

There is a bus service that runs at night on regular intervals each way that costs $10 round trip. So the bus is cheaper than Uber by $.50 and you don't have to get exactly 4 people to get the cheapest price - but the bus also comes back at regular intervals until a certain time and if you miss the last bus you are stuck downtown. So a lot of people will opt to share an Uber downtown and back.. who knows, they may end up finding somebody downtown to hook up or hang out with and maybe they don't want to use their round trip bus trip back. Now their friends can Uber back whenever they want and they can Uber back later or just catch a bus the next morning.

Uber has drastically reduced instances of drunk driving, my town has already shown DUI and DUI accidents have gone down significantly.

PRB
12-02-2014, 02:07 AM
Yes, absolutely! They probably increased the demand for these services by I'm guessing at least 30% where I live. Uber is the "cool, hip" way to get around, taxis never had that status.

Before you reply, please note I am using the word "taxi" and "cab" in the strict, narrow sense of state licensed traditional taxi services , not any and all paid rides. So, just so we are clear, is uber creating new business for paid rides? Of course, but is it creating business for traditional paid rides, which it was designed to destroy and disrupt? I highly doubt it.

I can see uber creating demand or consumption of uber, but how does that increase demand for taxis? I agree, taxis never had this status, so why start now?

There are way more people who use these types of services now and for two primary reasons. One is convenience/service, and second is cost.

It used to be that you had to call a taxi company to come out to your house - if they were busy, you couldn't get through. You then had to give out your information over the phone, hope they got it right and wait for a taxi. Sometimes it was 10 minutes, sometimes 20, sometimes 30 and sometimes the cab never showed up. So there was no reliability with cabs.

And has that changed?

Uber takes all of these problems away, when you request a ride you can see exactly where the uber is coming to pick you up is at via GPS. You know exactly how far away they are. You can literally watch them drive to your house on your phone. You can call or text them for special instructions.

All of which taxis still can't do, so my question about "how exactly is uber increasing demand or business for traditional taxis" is still unanswered.

In my small town there are over 200 uber drivers. There is a 10 minute drive from a major college to the downtown bar scene and on weekend nights the service is extremely busy. It used to be that taxis cost about $40+ to get downtown and $40+ back. Now with Uber you can get down and back at a flat rate of $21 each way. If you have 4 people in the car, that's about $5.25 each.

There is a bus service that runs at night on regular intervals each way that costs $10 round trip. So the bus is cheaper than Uber by $.50 and you don't have to get exactly 4 people to get the cheapest price - but the bus also comes back at regular intervals until a certain time and if you miss the last bus you are stuck downtown. So a lot of people will opt to share an Uber downtown and back.. who knows, they may end up finding somebody downtown to hook up or hang out with and maybe they don't want to use their round trip bus trip back. Now their friends can Uber back whenever they want and they can Uber back later or just catch a bus the next morning.

Uber has drastically reduced instances of drunk driving, my town has already shown DUI and DUI accidents have gone down significantly.

You don't need to keep telling me uber is a great alternative to driving yourself, renting a car, and getting a taxi, all I want to know is, how, if at all, is uber creating business for taxis?

Isn't uber only taking business away from taxis, and/or creating business for themselves and Lyft? Or is it actually creating new demand for traditional taxis? Do people start uber as their gateway drug and when left hanging or at the wrong hour, when withdrawal, forced to use taxis?

dannno
12-02-2014, 02:25 AM
lol, no, I said it has created MANY additional rides/much more revenue in the pick somebody up and drop them off in an automobile industry and yes you are right that the traditional taxi marketshare has shrunk in areas where uber operates...but Uber has increased the market for that type of service as a whole and that gives the taxi industry less legs to stand on in places where they are trying to get the government to ban uber.

PRB
12-02-2014, 03:30 AM
lol, no, I said it has created MANY additional rides/much more revenue in the pick somebody up and drop them off in an automobile industry and yes you are right that the traditional taxi marketshare has shrunk in areas where uber operates...but Uber has increased the market for that type of service as a whole and that gives the taxi industry less legs to stand on in places where they are trying to get the government to ban uber.

"Because if you haven't noticed demand for taxi services has increased significantly since Uber and Lyft have entered the market. "

Is what you literally said.

Should I read that to mean "Demand for paid rides has increased, but not for traditional taxi services, mostly for Uber & Lyft type services"?

Czolgosz
12-02-2014, 03:34 AM
Did I read correctly that businesses give the government <1 million dollars for a license to drive people around?

PRB
12-02-2014, 03:44 AM
Did I read correctly that businesses give the government <1 million dollars for a license to drive people around?

yep.

Why bother buying a house when you can owe $500-900K just to get permission to drive for pay?

Czolgosz
12-02-2014, 03:52 AM
yep.

Why bother buying a house when you can owe $500-900K just to get permission to drive for pay?

Ty. And lol.

PRB
12-02-2014, 03:56 AM
Ty. And lol.

Honey, I can't get approved for a $600K mortgage!

Oh, no worries, I bet you can qualify for a government loan on a taxi medallion license, you have a good driving record, right?

Yes! I do!

Yay! Now you can worry about paying $500k-$1M for the next 10 years without going to school and without being a homeowner! The gubmint loves you!

cindy25
12-02-2014, 04:31 AM
the entire medallion system is stupid. just issue franchise to anyone who wants it.

but at least the market is working

PRB
12-02-2014, 01:04 PM
the entire medallion system is stupid. just issue franchise to anyone who wants it.

but at least the market is working

you have to think about the intentions behind the people doing it.

Obviously if you were looking to dominate a market, you issue low barrier franchises to anybody who wants it, this is exactly what Uber and MLMs do. They want to saturate the market with supply, sometimes even before there's demand.

On the contrary, if you don't need to create supply and can still dominate the market and profit, there's no reason to, so that's the medallion system, limit competition and maximize entry fee, then pass laws for people who don't play by your rules.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Yeah, because they were obviously better off before they were exploited.

They can quit.

You call flaw? I call it free market.

So what? They can drive for another company, or not at all.

I'll rate how I like, if there's enough replacements, the market will end up with the bestest of the bestest.

Not my problem.

Not my loss, I can get rides with other people, other drivers, so fire me.

Haters.

It's always easy to spot a fake who pretends to be libertarian. They don't distinguish between government advocacy and market criticism.

By the way, jughead, you might want to change your sig line. Caught Zippy trying to pull a fast one in another thread. Basically lying.

PRB
12-02-2014, 04:23 PM
It's always easy to spot a fake who pretends to be libertarian. They don't distinguish between government advocacy and market criticism.

Was I accusing anybody of government advocacy?

By the way, jughead, you might want to change your sig line. Caught Zippy trying to pull a fast one in another thread. Basically lying.

Quote & link please.

acptulsa
12-02-2014, 04:36 PM
you have to think about the intentions behind the people doing it.

That's quite a double standard. You aren't thinking very hard about the intentions of the people doing it.

Obviously if you were looking to dominate a market, you issue low barrier franchises to anybody who wants it, this is exactly what Uber and MLMs do. They want to saturate the market with supply, sometimes even before there's demand.

I don't for a second see anyone thinking they're going to dominate a market with something like Uber. Uber drivers don't sit in taxi stands, and you can't find them to hail them. Many airports are extraordinarily unfriendly to the Uber method, kicking (or towing) cars from their curbs after only three minutes. Nobody is going to call Uber or anyone else if there's a taxi stand within a block.

On the contrary, if you don't need to create supply and can still dominate the market and profit, there's no reason to, so that's the medallion system, limit competition and maximize entry fee, then pass laws for people who don't play by your rules.

Medallions were initially conceived as a way to eliminate thieves and even robbers in the business. If every taxi is numbered and wears a badge, then there's record of the owner's (and presumably the driver's) name and address somewhere downtown, so it's possible for there to be some recourse.

Taxi company owners bribing city officials to refuse to issue more medallions came later, just like almost every seemingly sensible law ever passed led to corruption later. And the fact that the laws of supply and demand drove up the prices of previously-issued medallions, which let municipalities jack the fees for new ones, was further encouragement.

Overly simplistic pseudo-explanations are unenlightening.

PRB
12-02-2014, 04:59 PM
That's quite a double standard. You aren't thinking very hard about the intentions of the people doing it.

Slap me with your facts and evidence.

I don't for a second see anyone thinking they're going to dominate a market with something like Uber.

But if you wanted to, what kind of things would you need to do, and can you avoid making low barriers for entry to create supply in rapid speed?

Uber drivers don't sit in taxi stands, and you can't find them to hail them.

That's supposed to be a bad thing?

Many airports are extraordinarily unfriendly to the Uber method, kicking (or towing) cars from their curbs after only three minutes. Nobody is going to call Uber or anyone else if there's a taxi stand within a block.

Maybe not now, just wait until they become cheaper or more popular. Airports can tow any unauthorized vehicle, and they can play favorites all they want, what they can't stop is people picking up friends and family, which they have no way to detect the difference from between the Uber driver and a free driver for favors. Not without greatly violating privacy and travel.

Medallions were initially conceived as a way to eliminate thieves and even robbers in the business. If every taxi is numbered and wears a badge, then there's record of the owner's (and presumably the driver's) name and address somewhere downtown, so it's possible for there to be some recourse.

Because you can't do that with just license plates, right? Because you'll just step into a car without seeing whether they're legit, right?

Taxi company owners bribing city officials to refuse to issue more medallions came later, just like almost every seemingly sensible law ever passed led to corruption later. And the fact that the laws of supply and demand drove up the prices of previously-issued medallions, which let municipalities jack the fees for new ones, was further encouragement.

It came later, but it's still being used, regardless of its original intentions, we know the intentions and purposes now. You can turn it around too, sometimes laws have bad intentions with good consequences.

PRB
12-02-2014, 05:01 PM

My explanations may be oversimplified, but my intentions are good, my intention is to hate government, do you really want me to justify my anger and hatred for the right reasons? What are you? A liberal that thinks I owe him details?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Was I accusing anybody of government advocacy?

Criticism and individual action is the alternative to the government advocacy of you liberals. You love government, but then are critical of the alternative.

Quote & link please.

Go look it up or ask him. Put the message one of the + reps you give him. And don't give me the rookie Prove your claim crap. Stop being lazy.

PRB
12-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Criticism and individual action is the alternative to the government advocacy of you liberals. You love government, but then are critical of the alternative.

Where am I critical of government alternatives here? Where did I accuse anybody of government advocacy?

Go look it up or ask him. Put the message one of the + reps you give him. And don't give me the rookie Prove your claim crap. Stop being lazy.

You're the one demanding me to change my sig, you don't be lazy, I don't care.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Where am I critical of government alternatives here? Where did I accuse anybody of government advocacy?

You're the one demanding me to change my sig, you don't be lazy, I don't care.

Where did I demand?

Your sig line is weak anyway. You're so lazy that you can't even link it back to the original quote. Typical lib. Maybe government can help you with it.

PRB
12-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Where did I demand?

Your sig line is weak anyway. You're so lazy that you can't even link it back to the original quote. Typical lib. Maybe government can help you with it.

what do I need to do for you to stop calling me a liberal?

dannno
12-02-2014, 05:22 PM
I don't for a second see anyone thinking they're going to dominate a market with something like Uber. Uber drivers don't sit in taxi stands, and you can't find them to hail them. Many airports are extraordinarily unfriendly to the Uber method, kicking (or towing) cars from their curbs after only three minutes. Nobody is going to call Uber or anyone else if there's a taxi stand within a block.

Uber is quite popular in most airports that allow them. A lot of taxis require cash and most drivers that do CC payments give you a bad look cause it is such a pain to put them through. Uber allows a cashless transaction that doesn't involved any work on the part of the driver or passenger. It's nice to have some cash on you when you're traveling, but why waste it on a cab fare if you don't have to? The uber driver may not be right at the airport waiting for you, but you can request a ride while you are getting your luggage and by the time you go out to the curb they will be there.

PRB
12-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Uber is quite popular in most airports that allow them. A lot of taxis require cash and most drivers that do CC payments give you a bad look cause it is such a pain to put them through. Uber allows a cashless transaction that doesn't involved any work on the part of the driver or passenger. It's nice to have some cash on you when you're traveling, but why waste it on a cab fare if you don't have to? The uber driver may not be right at the airport waiting for you, but you can request a ride while you are getting your luggage and by the time you go out to the curb they will be there.

I believe some cities have zipcar dedicated parking, so it's just a matter of time before they're bribed.

not to mention many airports have cellphone parking lots.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-02-2014, 08:36 PM
what do I need to do for you to stop calling me a liberal?

Come up with better trolling. Frankly, you're getting as boring as pessimist, and that's pretty bad.

PRB
12-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Come up with better trolling. Frankly, you're getting as boring as pessimist, and that's pretty bad.

so I'm a liberal because I'm a poor troll? There's no way I can convince I'm not even trying to troll?