PDA

View Full Version : The Ferguson Trick

Occam's Banana
11-27-2014, 05:58 AM
Irrelevant Answers to Wrong Questions
http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/11/butler-shaffer/the-ferguson-trick/
Butler Shaffer (27 November 2014)

The ongoing events in Ferguson, MO, illustrate Thomas Pynchon’s point that “if they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about answers.” Like the Rodney King and Trayvon Martin cases, the killing of Michael Brown by a white Ferguson policeman provided the state and its sycophantic media an opportunity to reinforce the popular mindset that social disorder derives from the inherently divisive nature of human behavior; that violent conflict is inevitable among people; and that only the authority of the state can protect us from a “nasty, brutish, and short” fate.

From a statist perspective, Brown’s killing confirms that categories of people grounded in race, religion, gender, lifestyle, economic interests, and numerous other abstract divisions, define humanity, and make social conflict an inescapable outcome of human nature. “White man kills black man” is a sufficient statement of fact to reinforce racial explanations of violence. When a white man kills another white, or a black man kills another black, the stories will be reported – if, indeed, at all – on page 12 of your local newspaper. Neither CNN, Fox News, the NYT, WSJ, nor other loyal tribunes of the established order will devote coverage to what is an equally devastating tragedy as that experienced by Michael Brown’s family. White police officers do kill or torture white people without much attention devoted to the fact. If you doubt this, read some of Will Grigg’s thoroughly documented – often with video of the attacks – reports.

Every political system thrives on the legal use of violence. Each requires our separation into exclusive groupings who can then be manipulated into warfare with one another, thus allowing the state to coercively intervene to reconfirm its violence-based powers over us all. If you doubt this, recall as much detail as you can from last night’s events in Ferguson. Can you identify a single response from the state that did not involve violence or the threat of violence? That local thugs – caught up in the statist mindset of racially-defined conflict – were, themselves, being most destructive, was a consequence of state violence (i.e., white policeman kills black man). Such rioting was but another example of the “blowback” that arises from so-called “terrorists” reacting to the violence that inheres in American foreign policy practices.

As long as we succumb to our statist conditioning by which we define one another as “enemies” against whom the state promises to “protect” us, we shall continue to help generate the kinds of tragedies that occurred in Ferguson. If we can learn to see our problems not in terms of “white man kills black man,” but as the consequences of our embracing institutionalized violence, we may find a solution to what our thinking has created.

What if we began to see violence – a power for which the state insists upon having a legal monopoly – as the real threat to human well-being? What if events in Ferguson had begun with a report that “state employee shoots and kills young man”?

"Irrelevant Answers to Wrong Questions ( http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/11/butler-shaffer/the-ferguson-trick/)" by Butler Shaffer is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/)

ClydeCoulter
11-27-2014, 07:39 AM
Yep!

donnay
11-27-2014, 07:59 AM
Divide and Conquer that is what government does best. The have the state-run media and Hollywood to help instill fear.

As most people were thanking God for the National Guard presence, I was weeping for the future.

JK/SEA
11-27-2014, 08:09 AM
how many in here are proud of the Guard?...give em a big hand. I've never seen such discipline and crisp marching hut hut stuff...very impressive.

Occam's Banana
11-27-2014, 10:11 AM
how many in here are proud of the Guard?...give em a big hand. I've never seen such discipline and crisp marching hut hut stuff...very impressive.

*applause*

11-27-2014, 10:44 AM

Please. :rolleyes: The NG displayed incredible restraint. If the situation was reversed and the ghetto thugs and anarchist infiltrators had the weapons, there would have been a slaughter.

You all know that is true but are too scared or disingenuous to admit it.

otherone
11-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Please. :rolleyes: The NG displayed incredible restraint. If the situation was reversed and the ghetto thugs and anarchist infiltrators had the weapons, there would have been a slaughter.

How can a hypothetical event be true?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/UW28j7IU_ME/hqdefault.jpg

Ender
11-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Great article- beat me to posting it.

I especially want everyone to read this paragraph over and over until it finally sinks in:

Every political system thrives on the legal use of violence. Each requires our separation into exclusive groupings who can then be manipulated into warfare with one another, thus allowing the state to coercively intervene to reconfirm its violence-based powers over us all. If you doubt this, recall as much detail as you can from last night’s events in Ferguson. Can you identify a single response from the state that did not involve violence or the threat of violence? That local thugs – caught up in the statist mindset of racially-defined conflict – were, themselves, being most destructive, was a consequence of state violence (i.e., white policeman kills black man). Such rioting was but another example of the “blowback” that arises from so-called “terrorists” reacting to the violence that inheres in American foreign policy practices.

11-27-2014, 11:27 AM
How can a hypothetical event be true?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/UW28j7IU_ME/hqdefault.jpg

Come on, really? The people at the Bundy ranch in no way are the same as the people looting and burning. One group was defending property rights the other was violating them.

otherone
11-27-2014, 11:32 AM
If the situation was reversed and the ghetto thugs and anarchist infiltrators had the weapons, there would have been a slaughter.

You believe in gun control?

11-27-2014, 11:54 AM
You believe in gun control?

No.

Doesn't change the fact that if the looters were armed and the NG was unarmed the NG would be dead. We all know that is the truth of the matter here. Some won't admit it.

So as I said earlier the NG showed great restraint.

Ender
11-27-2014, 12:31 PM

You need to educate yourself on the 2nd Amendment.

11-27-2014, 12:33 PM
You need to educate yourself on the 2nd Amendment.

You need a lesson in how things work in the real world.

Ender
11-27-2014, 12:35 PM
You need a lesson in how things work in the real world.

I AM in the Real World- it is YOU who are living in The Matrix.

navy-vet
11-27-2014, 04:06 PM
And how many here are voicing their discontentment because they have been stopped from destroying peoples lives by looting and burning...
The guard stopped that BS and that was a good thing. Should have been done the first night.

jmdrake
11-27-2014, 05:09 PM
White police officers do kill or torture white people without much attention devoted to the fact. If you doubt this, read some of Will Grigg’s thoroughly documented – often with video of the attacks – reports.

Exactly! Lee Attwater once bragged about making Willie Horton the most famous black man in America. We need to make Kelly Thomas the most famous murdered white man in America.

http://parrishmiller.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/kelly-thomas-before-and-after.jpg

Mach
11-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Do you guys see the violence inherent in the system, or what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axE83zcx6wY

The Free Hornet
11-29-2014, 12:00 AM

F off. Most envision both sides being equally capable of arming themselves. Also, the protesters are not so much unarmed as they are previously disarmed. NG without arms is not an NG. The logic breaks down.