PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Village Set To Confiscate and Kill "Dangerous" Dog Breeds on December 1st

SeanTX
11-24-2014, 10:14 AM
This reminds me of a story I read about some Mormon cult town, where the leader ordered the local police to seize all the pet dogs within the town's limits.

And good cops "just followin' orders" went around and collected them and then dragged them out to a pit and shot them . And nobody did a thing to stop it from happening.

From reading the Facebook page, the vet who is contracted to "put down" dogs for the city says she won't help them with this -- not like that will stop them, they have preferred method for getting the job done. I wonder how many "good cops" will stand up and say they won't take part in this ?

""Like I told them, they're going to have to take him from my cold, dead hands before they get a hold of him." I'm sure there are plenty of cops who'd be more than happy to do just that ... I wonder if that village has an MRAP ? This "threat" will give them an excuse to put it to use.

http://www.kalb.com/story/27453471/family-set-to-lose-pit-bull-on-dec-1-because-of-ban

Family set to lose pit bull on Dec. 1 because of ban
Posted: Nov 21, 2014 4:32 PM CST Updated: Nov 21, 2014 4:39 PM CST

MOREAUVILLE, La. (KALB News Channel 5) -- A family in Moreauville is pleading with their village to overturn an ordinance that would force them to get rid of their beloved family pet.

On October 13, the village passed an ordinance that states if you own a pit bull or a Rottweiler, you must get rid of it by December 1 or they will take it for "disposition."

O'Hara Owens is trying to spend as much time as she can with her beloved pit bull, Zeus, before the village she lives in promises to take him away from her and dispose of him on December 1.

"If anything ever happened to him, I would just shut down," she said.

snip

But, Zeus has been blacklisted as a "vicious" breed in Moreauville.

On October 13, the village voted to ban pit bulls and Rottweilers.

A letter was sent out to owners saying that if they didn't get rid of them by December 1, then they would be taken for "further disposition."

"snip

"I asked the question, well what if I don't give you my dog?" said Joanna Armand, O'Hara's mother. "(Chief of Police) Scott Lemoine said they would come and get the dog and the dog would be disposed of and we would be fined."

News Channel 5 reached out to village to hear its side of the story.

Alderman Penn Lemoine said the ordinance was created to appease several residents.

snip

Lemoine told us he owns a German Shepard. But, he only considers pit bulls and Rottweilers as "vicious."

He also says what the town is doing is completely legal.

O'Hara Owens and her family say they plan to continue to fight for Zeus.

"Like I told them, they're going to have to take him from my cold, dead hands before they get a hold of him," Owens said.

Alderman Lemoine says if there's a strong enough public outcry about the severity of the ordinance he says he would consider possibly changing it.

snip
If you would like to sign a petition to overturn the ordinance, you can through the family's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/savingzeusybaby?pnref=story

Dianne
11-24-2014, 10:17 AM
wtf?

phill4paul
11-24-2014, 10:21 AM
They should just move...blargh,blargh,blargh.

asurfaholic
11-24-2014, 10:23 AM
http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/gunschoices.jpg

brushfire
11-24-2014, 10:26 AM
I wonder what the participation in presidential elections is there, in relation to the local elections?

Some quote worthy text:

"(Chief of Police) Scott Lemoine said they would come and get the dog and the dog would be disposed of and we would be fined."

To be served and protected... Thank you Scott, for being such a servant to the "public".

tod evans
11-24-2014, 10:26 AM
Government understands one thing;

http://beforeitsnews.com/contributor/upload/1393/images/BUNDY%20RANCH%203.jpg

GunnyFreedom
11-24-2014, 10:30 AM
They should just move...blargh,blargh,blargh.

To be fair though if I lived somewhere where they felt like they had the authority to do that, I would sure get the hell out of Dodge. Mind you, they legally do NOT have the authority to do that. Passing an ordinance does not qualify as due process, nor can seizing a dog be covered under eminent domain. They shouldn't have to move, but if I lived in such a hellhole I would move heaven and earth to get the hell out.

SeanTX
11-24-2014, 10:42 AM
You can run, but you can't hide -- eventually you have to take a stand (as portrayed in that Bundy Ranch picture above).

Uriel999
11-24-2014, 10:46 AM
A thousand Bundy Ranches?

Anti Federalist
11-24-2014, 10:47 AM
On October 13, the village voted to ban pit bulls and Rottweilers.

Yay, democracy.

luctor-et-emergo
11-24-2014, 10:51 AM
Come for my dog ? I'll kill you.

Take away what I have to live for and I have nothing to lose. My dog is my friend, my child really. There are no limitations on what I would do to protect her from evil scumbags, even if they are the legal mafia.

I don't have a pit or rottie but I really love these dogs as well. Personally I'm more of a (japanese) akita type although I have a regular medium size farm-dog right now..

Reading this truly makes my blood boil.

jonhowe
11-24-2014, 10:57 AM
Denver and Miami (and others) has been doing this for YEARS. 10s of 1000s of dogs "destroyed" (murdered by heartless bureaucrats).

I highly recommend seeing this film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HE6act57Aw

It used to be on netflix (not sure now), and apparently is free to stream elsewhere.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BAD BREED.

EDIT: Since we're talking about our dogs...

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10401211_1078359643981_3703_n.jpg?oh=477f630926235 b1b6a14650486aff865&oe=55192F30

My sister's dog Louie. Closest I have to my own dog since I moved into my current tiny apartment.

Anti Federalist
11-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Do not register your guns with the state.

Do not register your dogs with the state.

JK/SEA
11-24-2014, 11:24 AM
come for my dog like that and i would be thinkin...''well, i don't want to die, but i gotta go sometime, may as well be today motherfuckers''....

limequat
11-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Wow, can this really be legal?

My understanding is that once a town incorporates, it becomes an agent of the state in which it resides. What does the Louisianna state constitution say?

Hopefully some people learn the difference between republic and democracy due to this.

limequat
11-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Is this the "final solution" for dogs that Police have been wet-dreaming about?

Maybe they could just tattoo the dogs with a mark so that everybody else knows they're dangerous.

tod evans
11-24-2014, 11:36 AM
Alderman Penn Lemoine said the ordinance was created to appease several residents.

Dog owners need to be finding out which residents are having problems and then "helping" those residents deal with their troubles..

Legislation and dog murder isn't the answer!

SeanTX
11-24-2014, 11:39 AM
It seems like the police are adopting the same control techniques as religious cult leaders -- the cop's religion being that of the almighty State. Killing and torturing people's pets is a good way to instill the fear of God (The State) in them ...

There's more in the article about how a *rogue* Mormon cult leader (one rejected by the LDS) killed and tortured people's animals to keep them in line -- and law officers sanctioned and licensed by The State helped them do it ...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/cat-buried-alive-concrete-grim-warning-man-clashed-polygamist-fundamentalist-church-jesus-christ-day-saints-warning-extreme-graphic-video-article-1.1111391

"In 2001, Jeffs issued an edict that all domestic dogs would be banned from the Cities,” the lawsuit reads.

“Less than one month later, in compliance with Jeffs's edict, Marshal's Deputies went to each household in the Cities and asked residents to turn over any dogs that they had in the home to the Officers.

The Marshal's Deputies then shot and killed the dogs in a slaughter pit a short distance from the Cities."

Warren Jeffs is serving a life sentence in Texas for child sexual assault.

Anti Federalist
11-24-2014, 11:41 AM
Wow, can this really be legal?

My understand is that once a town incorporates, it becomes an agent of the state in which it resides. What does the Louisianna state constitution say?

Hopefully some people learn the difference between republic and democracy due to this.

Of course it's legal, it was voted on.

Anti Federalist
11-24-2014, 11:43 AM
The Marshal's Deputies then shot and killed the dogs in a slaughter pit a short distance from the Cities.

And they would do the same to us, in a heartbeat.

Tick tock tick tock

oyarde
11-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Ridiculous . If a cop feels they can roll up and steal your property , you have not been doing it right .

SeanTX
11-24-2014, 11:50 AM
Dog owners need to be finding out which residents are having problems and then "helping" those residents deal with their troubles..

Legislation and dog murder isn't the answer!

The cops around here trot out that excuse every time they get a hard-on to enforce some petty law. Like sting operations to catch people not picking up dog poop while walking their dog in the park. It's annoying to step in dog crap, but I'm not gonna cry about it, it scrapes off.

They always say "citizen complaints" forced them to act. Since when do cops give a damn what the public thinks or wants?

I'm sure it's the same thing as in the LA village -- a few rich old hags with nothing better to do are calling the police all day bothering them about petty crap -- stuff that's not really "crime", but just things that they don't like.

Like another poster said, these people need to be identified and maybe their fellow citizens can help them out with whatever problem they are having -- hopefully in a positive way though (although sometimes "negative reinforcement" is all that works with snitches and busybodies).

CPUd
11-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Why no Pomeranians on the list? Those things are pure evil.

Natural Citizen
11-25-2014, 02:31 AM
Rottweilers are actually very good working dogs and highly intelligent. It's the people that are fucked up and need training. Not the dogs. The dog already knows what he's supposed to do. He comes pre-programmed. Nature works like that. I knew a Rottweiler that would go and pick up and bring you the dime, the quarter and the penny from a hand full of change thrown on the floor if that is what you told him you wanted out of the pile. And all in return for a firm pat on the side to tell him "Good boy". Actually, that dog would walk down the sidewalk with his owner and carry his own leash in his mouth and never once move from where he's supposed to be. Don't blame the dogs. Train them.

Occam's Banana
11-25-2014, 02:53 AM
You have all been reported pending instructions regarding your "further disposition" ...

RonPaulIsGreat
11-25-2014, 02:59 AM
Freaking fucking amazing.

Really, fuck that whole town to hell, at least those that are pro killing peoples dogs for no reason.

cindy25
11-25-2014, 03:44 AM
actually Cuomo and Duvall Patrick both signed laws preventing localities from passing such laws. where is Bobby Jindall and the LA legislature. where is Rand? Jindall is a potential opponent for 2016.

chudrockz
11-25-2014, 06:04 AM
My wife and I signed a petition called Saving Zeus, and have been sharing and talking about this on Facebook and in person for several days now.

The most recent information I have is that the town council has decided NOT to enforce the ban due to nationwide backlash!!

limequat
11-25-2014, 07:22 AM
If I lived in that township I'd have a ordinance on the ballot to dispose of harmful breeds of city council members.

Anti Federalist
11-25-2014, 12:42 PM
My wife and I signed a petition called Saving Zeus, and have been sharing and talking about this on Facebook and in person for several days now.

The most recent information I have is that the town council has decided NOT to enforce the ban due to nationwide backlash!!

Good job!

luctor-et-emergo
11-25-2014, 12:46 PM

Good stuff ! I'm glad they changed their minds. My only problem with this is that they apparently needed this pressure in order to change their minds.

SeanTX
11-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Good stuff ! I'm glad they changed their minds. My only problem with this is that they apparently needed this pressure in order to change their minds.

It just shows that the people still have the power, they just have to choose to use it. I have a feeling that threats of violence probably did more to change their minds than the petition and facebook page.

However, most Americans would rather just sit back and watch Dancing With The Stars, while thinking the only power they should exercise is voting, or the occasional SWLOD.

jbauer
11-25-2014, 01:16 PM
It just shows that the people still have the power, they just have to choose to use it. I have a feeling that threats of violence probably did more to change their minds than the petition and facebook page.

However, most Americans would rather just sit back and watch Dancing With The Stars, while thinking the only power they should exercise is voting, or the occasional SWLOD.

Interesting. We have an ordinance to do the same thing to liberals in our town.

Ender
11-25-2014, 03:40 PM
Rottweilers are actually very good working dogs and highly intelligent. It's the people that are fucked up and need training. Not the dogs. The dog already knows what he's supposed to do. He comes pre-programmed. Nature works like that. I knew a Rottweiler that would go and pick up and bring you the dime, the quarter and the penny from a hand full of change thrown on the floor if that is what you told him you wanted out of the pile. And all in return for a firm pat on the side to tell him "Good boy". Actually, that dog would walk down the sidewalk with his owner and carry his own leash in his mouth and never once move from where he's supposed to be. Don't blame the dogs. Train them.

Exactly.

Pitts, especially, are pack animals. They simply need to know who is Alpha and they will obey.

And Sean- that group you are citing is NOT Mormon- it's a break-away group.

SeanTX
11-25-2014, 03:57 PM
Exactly.

Pitts, especially, are pack animals. They simply need to know who is Alpha and they will obey.

And Sean- that group you are citing is NOT Mormon- it's a break-away group.

Yes, I know -- the creep who led that group eventually got busted for taking advantage of under-aged girls at a place not too far from where I live.

I should have pointed that out in my original posting . No offense was intended to any *real* Mormons here ...

Plus I would place the primary blame for this on the citizens of that "town" and the state-licensed police. Of course, ultimate blame goes to the townspeople who willingly allowed THEIR pets to be dragged away and slaughtered.

It just shows that when the police are ordered to perform an immoral task they will just say "yes Sir!" and will do as they are ordered to do, even if they know it is morally wrong.

And if the police are ordered to come take your guns, they will say "Yes Sir!" and do it -- the only thing that might change their minds is cowardice -- the fear of negative consequences for them and their families .

chudrockz
11-25-2014, 04:08 PM
Most recent pic of my two vicious killers!

http://i57.tinypic.com/2llm3k8.jpg