PDA

View Full Version : Police Fall Victim To Swatting Hoax In Wallingford

phill4paul
11-24-2014, 06:40 AM
The police are the victims. The police are the VICTIMS. The police are the VICTIMS. Carry on....

WALLINGFORD, Pa. (WPVI) -- Police in Wallingford, Delaware County became the victims of a frightening hoax known as swatting.

It happened around 4:30 a.m. Sunday morning.

State police in Media received a call from a man saying he killed his mother and was going to shoot police when they arrived.

Officers rushed to Governors Drive, where they sealed off the area, and prepared for the worst.

Turned out - the homeowner was fine.

Investigators say it was a case of 'swatting' - when someone calls in a false report to provoke a SWAT team response.

Investigators are now trying to figure out who made the call.

http://6abc.com/news/police-fall-victim-to-swatting-hoax-in-wallingford/408074/

Schifference
11-24-2014, 06:53 AM
If there were many instances like that maybe they would stop sending out the swat team.

GunnyFreedom
11-24-2014, 06:59 AM
From the headline I thought a policeman's home got swatted.

osan
11-24-2014, 07:01 AM
My GOD!

Oh, those poor, poor little coppies... How I feel their pain... the anguish! Oh, would that I could find the devil responsible... I would, for the sake of our finest and bravest, bear the burdens of a lifetime in prison after finding the villains, for I would put them to the flaying knife! I would!

We cannot have this sort of thing! The Law! The Order of society! This divine world of men will come flying apart at the seams in short order if we do not put this to its end forthwith!

I can only imagine the agony of those brave, brave heroes - nay, gods! Can you imagine their wives; their siblings; their parents; their friends, what they must be going through? Can you imagine the communities, how distraught they must be, knowing a demon is among them.

The children! Oh my God... the children.

No, this must not stand. Our bravest of all brethren must not be allowed to bear this burden alone. I hereby call to muster all the good subjects of the county that we gather for the purposes of the hunt. Let us bear upon the vile and subhuman thing with pitchfork and torch that has committed this abominable deed against those who are worthiest among us, and do what needs doing.

Bring forth the counselors! Bring forth the psychiatrists! Bring forth the doctors! Bring forth the prescription pads whose pages know no end! Bring forth the special compensation packages! Bring forth the promotions for all! Bring forth more Law! Bring forth more authority for our revered coppies to act!

I say bring forth more of everything that esteems and further empowers the Collective! I say diminish, nay destroy all vestiges of Individualism, for we now see in stark tones of black and white that which it brings to community! Death to the individual; DEATH, I say!

Long live the collective!

Long live the coppies, and mourn not the richly deserved fate of the villainous Individual!

phill4paul
11-24-2014, 07:08 AM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?455717-The-curious-grammar-of-police-shootings&highlight=curious+grammar+police+reports

GunnyFreedom
11-24-2014, 07:13 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?455717-The-curious-grammar-of-police-shootings&highlight=curious+grammar+police+reports

George Orwell would be taking up arms by now.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-24-2014, 07:35 AM
Ha ha, funny stuff.

presence
11-24-2014, 07:49 AM
Unfortunate the homeowner didn't shoot one of them.

otherone
11-24-2014, 08:10 AM
Unfortunate the homeowner didn't shoot one of them.

Fortunately, the homeowner wasn't executed...the caller would have been charged with murder.
Speaking of which..."Dial 911 for murder"?

SeanTX
11-24-2014, 08:18 AM
The other day I got a phone call where caller ID showed my name and number as the caller. I guess some sort of scam.

Your name and number is very easy to spoof using caller ID -- if somebody wants to ruin your day (or maybe end your life) all they have to is fake your info in a 911 call and spin a story and the MRAP will soon be on it's way to your house -- then it's time to comply or die.

SeanTX
11-24-2014, 08:24 AM
If there were many instances like that maybe they would stop sending out the swat team.

That would be the only good thing to come out of this -- if it became so common that it caused enough chaos that police might have to actually think before they act. The only thing wrong is that innocents would suffer, but sometimes more people have to experience bad consequences before things can change.

brushfire
11-24-2014, 08:37 AM
Whats interesting is how the same thing is happening in Pakistan, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Common people fabricate intel in order to direct US aggression towards their enemies. Rivaling tribes become HVT's, and the blood lusting US engages in a lethal game of "monkey in the middle"...

SWAT - portly, lethal servants, operating on the whims of video gamers.

limequat
11-24-2014, 10:51 AM

Gives me an idea for RPF Projects :)

SeanTX
11-24-2014, 11:26 AM
Gives me an idea for RPF Projects :)

I've always thought that something like the "Project Mayhem" shown in 'Fight Club' would be a good idea -- but directed at the enforcement arms of gov't, instead of the corporations. There are all sorts of semi-legal things that can be done to throw a monkey wrench into the gears of the .gov kidnapping/murdering/money extorting machine.

I don't think SWATTING is one of them (and certainly not legal) -- plus it places innocents in harm's way. Unless it were directed at the right targets, ones who are connected to the enforcers and are not so innocent ... not that I'd advocate doing such a thing, of course ... ;)

phill4paul
11-24-2014, 11:28 AM

Seems to me a tech-savvy group like anonymous could start a shit storm.

limequat
11-24-2014, 11:37 AM
I've always thought that something like the "Project Mayhem" shown in 'Fight Club' would be a good idea -- but directed at the enforcement arms of gov't, instead of the corporations. There are all sorts of semi-legal things that can be done to throw a monkey wrench into the gears of the .gov kidnapping/murdering machine.

I don't think SWATTING is one of them (and certainly not legal) -- plus it places innocents in harm's way. Unless it were directed at the right targets, ones who are connected to the enforcers and are not so innocent ... not that I'd advocate doing such a thing, of course ... ;)

1) Pre-recorded hysterical message about some terrorist, mother-raping, child eating extremist...
2) Simulateously robocall to every police department in America with a swat team
3) Direct the knuckle draggers to the home address of the local chief of police.

Even if only a fraction of the departments took the bait, it would still result in hundreds of simulataneous swat raids and possibly a few dead chiefs.

Not that I would ever advocate such an atrocity.

Henry Rogue
11-24-2014, 11:54 AM

If only!

Henry Rogue
11-24-2014, 12:00 PM
My GOD!

Oh, those poor, poor little coppies... How I feel their pain... the anguish! Oh, would that I could find the devil responsible... I would, for the sake of our finest and bravest, bear the burdens of a lifetime in prison after finding the villains, for I would put them to the flaying knife! I would!

We cannot have this sort of thing! The Law! The Order of society! This divine world of men will come flying apart at the seams in short order if we do not put this to its end forthwith!

I can only imagine the agony of those brave, brave heroes - nay, gods! Can you imagine their wives; their siblings; their parents; their friends, what
they must be going through? Can you imagine the communities, how distraught they must be, knowing a demon is among them.

The children! Oh my God... the children.

No, this must not stand. Our bravest of all brethren must not be allowed to bear this burden alone. I hereby call to muster all the good subjects of the
county that we gather for the purposes of the hunt. Let us bear upon the vile and subhuman thing with pitchfork and torch that has committed this abominable deed against those who are worthiest among us, and do what needs doing.

Bring forth the counselors! Bring forth the psychiatrists! Bring forth the doctors! Bring forth the prescription pads whose pages know no end! Bring
forth the special compensation packages! Bring forth the promotions for all! Bring forth more Law! Bring forth more authority for our revered coppies to act!

I say bring forth more of everything that esteems and further empowers the Collective! I say diminish, nay destroy all vestiges of Individualism, for
we now see in stark tones of black and white that which is brings to community! Death to the individual; DEATH, I say!

Long live the collective!

Long live the coppies, and mourn not the richly deserved fate of the villainous Individual!
That is the most eloquent bit of sarcasm I ever laid eyes on. I enjoyed it.

osan
11-24-2014, 08:54 PM

Making one wonder why they have yet to do something along these lines.

Truly, I do wonder who Anonymous are. The glitzy video productions leave me suspicious. VERY suspicious. The Logo. The choices of targets and the methods of attack. When one considers the brands of mayhem such a group could be causing, it can but leave one wondering what they are really about and who comprises [T,t]heir[e] ranks.

Were I part of such a group and wielded decision making power, I would have taken such measures that FBI would have placed Anonymous on all 10 spots of their Ten Most Wanted list. No shit - I can think of no end of the juicy targets and the devastation that could be wreaked upon government entities. Knowing what could be done, I am left even more suspicious of who [T,t]hey[e] are and what their true goals might be.

thoughtomator
11-24-2014, 09:09 PM
Anonymous = FBI
ISIS = CIA

hope that answers all your totalitarian security state questions

phill4paul
11-24-2014, 09:10 PM

Truly, I do wonder who Anonymous are. The glitzy video productions leave me suspicious. VERY suspicious. The Logo. The choices of targets and the methods of attack. When one considers the brands of mayhem such a group could be causing, it can but leave one wondering what they are really about and who comprises [T,t]heir[e] ranks.

Were I part of such a group and wielded decision making power, I would have taken such measures that FBI would have placed Anonymous on all 10 spots of their Ten Most Wanted list. No shit - I can think of no end of the juicy targets and the devastation that could be wreaked upon government entities. Knowing what could be done, I am left even more suspicious of who [T,t]hey[e] are and what their true goals might be.

There is truth in this.

osan
11-24-2014, 09:22 PM
1) Pre-recorded hysterical message about some terrorist, mother-raping, child eating extremist...

Child-eating... nice touch.

2) Simulateously robocall to every police department in America with a swat team

No no no, I'm afraid even police are generally not quite that brand of stupid. Not sure if that fills me with a sense of God-given relief, or the Devil's frustration.

Live callers, true-random voice masking (makes unscrewing difficult to impossible with certainty) from adeptly hacked burn phones that display ANI of the the police chief's home number or that of some other villain with whom a little fun is in order.

The only automated alternative would be a very sophisticated AI system with convincing voice synthesis.

Not that I would ever advocate such an atrocity.

MILQUETOAST!

limequat
11-24-2014, 09:38 PM

FBI penetration of Anonymous is well documented.