PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! Just got a call from Carol Paul from 877-RON-PAUL

JPFromTally
12-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Anybody else get this recorded message from Mrs. Paul? I really like this!

I'm in Florida by the way...

OV 101 Enterprise
12-03-2007, 10:02 AM
I received a call from that number, but when I picked it up, there was nobody on the other end.

brumans
12-03-2007, 10:03 AM
You guys from NH, IA?

winston_blade
12-03-2007, 10:04 AM
I got one just now too.

OV 101 Enterprise
12-03-2007, 10:05 AM
I am in Cincinnati Ohio.

dante
12-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Also reports on daily paul of phone calls being received from Mrs. Paul in NY and MI. Campaign is working hard in the early states in to build national name recognition for Dr. Paul.

Wayne Hammond
12-03-2007, 10:15 AM
I just got the call too... but I have "privacy manager" on my phone, so by the time I "Pressed 1" and picked up the call, the call was over. All I heard was "You have a call from...", then a lady's voice mentioning Ron Paul something or other... I only heard the tail end of the recording.

What did she say in the call?

I'm in Indiana.

ckhagen
12-03-2007, 10:17 AM
I just got one too!

I'm in the Destin area, they must be hitting NW Florida hard right now since we're about to start d-t-d canvassing the supervoters.

jenn122
12-03-2007, 10:19 AM
I got one also, I didnt answer the phone, so the recorded message was left on my voicemail.

It was pretty surprising! I'm in GA.

Dorfsmith
12-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Super cool :cool:

dante
12-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Looks like the campaign is working hard to boost our name recognition nationally! And in a very affordable manner too. Boosting our national poll numbers will help us in the early primaries as we gain valuable credibility and can convince fence sitters who think he doesn't have a chance to vote for Dr. Paul. Coupling this with the millions they are spending in the early states and I would say that they are spending our money quite wisely!

Real_CaGeD
12-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Me too, Georgia.

theoddmonkey
12-03-2007, 10:27 AM
I am in Florida too, and got a call about 20 minutes ago :)

roversaurus
12-03-2007, 10:28 AM
It looks like they are only calling people who contributed and gave their
phone number.

That seems odd. I don't need to be persuaded to vote for him.

Trajan265
12-03-2007, 10:31 AM
I just got a call from Mrs. Paul on my cell phone in PA. I didn't pick up, so it's recorded on my voice mail.

Vendico
12-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Me too. NC, on border of SC.

sedele
12-03-2007, 10:34 AM
me to! in Norristown pa.

Mental Dribble
12-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Got a call as well on my Cell phone. Got it on voice mail. See sounds very nice!

dante
12-03-2007, 10:37 AM
It looks like they are only calling people who contributed and gave their
phone number.

That seems odd. I don't need to be persuaded to vote for him.

Don't worry the campaign is not that stupid. They are calling lists of republicans/ independents / libertarians i'm sure... and if you aren't one of the above maybe they decided to call you too just to let you know they are spending your money

ckhagen
12-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Well, we just got another one too, on DHs cell phone. We also got a postcard in the mail yesterday. The postcard was definitely pointed to a supporter/contributor. But, we're not sure about the phone calls because DH put his cell number on his voter registration (that's where his call came in to) and the other call came to the house which is the number on my registration. We're both super-voters.

dante
12-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Well, we just got another one too, on DHs cell phone. We also got a postcard in the mail yesterday. The postcard was definitely pointed to a supporter/contributor. But, we're not sure about the phone calls because DH put his cell number on his voter registration (that's where his call came in to) and the other call came to the house which is the number on my registration. We're both super-voters.

Postcards went out to all donors as their 'thank you' letter. Phone calls are definitely going out to republican voters

voytechs
12-03-2007, 10:43 AM
I just got a call from unknown 877 number, but I didn't pickup as I usually don't if I don't recognize the number. I wonder if it was her :(

scbissler
12-03-2007, 10:50 AM
I got one in Cincinnati. Nice to hear Mrs. Paul on a Monday morning!

McDermit
12-03-2007, 11:02 AM
anyone recall what she said on the call?

keemt
12-03-2007, 11:04 AM
yeah wtf was she saying

cac1963
12-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Can someone post the audio so those of us who missed the call can hear it?

I got a call from a (no number) ID and when I answered, there was a beep or two then disconnect. I've never gotten a call from a (no number) caller before so I thought it was weird. I'm now assuming that this call was the campaign call and it just didn't work on my phone.

I hope someone can post the audio for those of us unfortunate enough to not have received it as intended.

lloydian
12-03-2007, 11:05 AM
just received call from Carol Paul as well.

rooteroa
12-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I got one too. Maybe they're just doing a test run with the supporters.

michaelwise
12-03-2007, 11:12 AM
I just got a call down in SW Florida. Yeah, spend that donation money boy.

NCSURonPaulAddict
12-03-2007, 11:13 AM
I just received one in NC.

rrcamp
I got one... I have a 610 area code for PA on a SkypeIn number that I thought was unlisted. I was SOOO excited... it's the only advert I ever got on that #

What she said:

She basically introduced herself and her husband.. she explained how many kids and grandkids they have, how many babies he has delivered. The content was health-care based... something like "We have a big family, he's been a doctor for X number of years with X number of babies delivered.. he knows what is best for our health-care system" - paraphrased of course

madRazor
Got one on a cell here in Atlanta..

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Just got a call here in Indiana, too. In case anyone wants to hear the audio, here it is: http://s188349088.onlinehome.us/carolpaul.wav

(I use vonage and get my voicemail in WAV attachement to my email)

There's 2 things that are strange about this:

1) Why don't the mention the website address??

2) Why are they calling people who have already donated? I mean, it's like preaching to the choir..

perpetualstateofwar
12-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Was she breathing heavy? Maybe that wasn't her. :D

Stealth
12-03-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm in Miami so I figured that's why I got the call, but I was still sleeping when the number called.

dante
12-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Just got a call here in Indiana, too. In case anyone wants to hear the audio, here it is: http://s188349088.onlinehome.us/carolpaul.wav

(I use vonage and get my voicemail in WAV attachement to my email)

There's 2 things that are strange about this:

1) Why don't the mention the website address??

2) Why are they calling people who have already donated? I mean, it's like preaching to the choir..

Thanks for the audio. I highly doubt they are only calling people who have already donated. More likely they are calling lists of republicans, independents, and libertarians.

mstrmac1
12-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Cleveland, Ohio got it on my cell.

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the audio. I highly doubt they are only calling people who have already donated. More likely they are calling lists of republicans, independents, and libertarians.

I highly doubt my name would be on any lists like that; I have voted before, but never been actively involved in any party or put my name to anything political. Plus my phone # is rather new and unlisted (VoIP).. I think it's pretty clear they're calling donators.....but why?

If someone else who got the call and has a few minutes, could you call the campaign & find out? No offense, but it seems like a waste of time/money to me to be calling people who have already donated or registered at their site.

Lyn
12-03-2007, 11:40 AM
I got one today here in central fl. on my cell. I'm not allowed to have my cell at work but I keep it on vibrate in case the school calls re: my kids. Anyway, I am a reg. republican so I'm sure that is who they were targeting. When she was finished speaking they did mention how to find out more about Ron Paul but thats where I had to hang up before my boss came around the corner.

cac1963
12-03-2007, 11:48 AM

Well I'm not a registered member of any party, and typically vote Democratic. So unless they're targeting all registered voters, or all campaign donors, I can't figure out why they'd call me. My name will also be absent from any republican voter lists, which our state provides based on Primary elections turnouts because I've never voted in a republican primary.

dante
12-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Odd... maybe they are contacting all registered voters as Ron Paul has a lot of cross appeal. I would see no reason for them to only contact donors. And for as many gripes as we have had with the national campaign they aren't this stupid

nullvalu
Well I'm not a registered member of any party, and typically vote Democratic. So unless they're targeting all registered voters, or all campaign donors, I can't figure out why they'd call me. My name will also be absent from any republican voter lists, which our state provides based on Primary elections turnouts because I've never voted in a republican primary.

Have you donated to the Ron Paul campaign?

JenaS62
my husband just called me to tell me that he got the call on his cell phone. Sadly I did not.

JPFromTally
Well think about it.. If you're selling a product it makes sense to contact existing customers as well as prospective customers as well.

dante
12-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Well think about it.. If you're selling a product it makes sense to contact existing customers as well as prospective customers as well.

True, but if they are merely contacting all registered voters in these states... it might have been more hassle than its worth to subtract the donors from the call list

cac1963
12-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Have you donated to the Ron Paul campaign?

Yes I have, but the confusion is based on trying to determine which lists they're targeting because we all understand it's pretty wasteful to target those who already support you.

BTW, I'm in a super Tuesday state. Maybe they're targeting all registered voters, or all primary voters of either party, in these Feb 5 super primary states.

Bertrand
12-03-2007, 11:56 AM
I got one too at about 11:00

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Come on guys, what are they chances that all these people who donated are getting calls on the same day? Of all registered voters?? NO, they'd need a phone bank with like 50,000 lines.. What's more likely? They're calling the donators.. I'm gonna call HQ.

dante
12-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Come on guys, what are they chances that all these people who donated are getting calls on the same day? Of all registered voters?? NO, they'd need a phone bank with like 50,000 lines.. What's more likely? They're calling the donators.. I'm gonna call HQ.

Well we have no way of knowing if they are calling all registered voters because people who don't support RP yet aren't going to come on here and tell us they just got a phone call about him

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Well we have no way of knowing if they are calling all registered voters because people who don't support RP yet aren't going to come on here and tell us they just got a phone call about him

That's true, but think about the likelihood. I just sent in my paperwork to register to vote over the weekend in my new state. I would not be on a registered voter list under that phone number. I would however, be on their donator's list.

Veritas Vos Liberabit
12-03-2007, 12:31 PM
I got one on my cell phone at 10:12am. I'm in Florida, but have a Maine number.

jnpg
12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
but my phone number is CA.

So do you all think these calls are going to everyone ? or just us?
Please tell me everyone! ugh how silly if they are using they volunteer list or some such silliness for numbers....

what do you think?

robskicks
12-03-2007, 12:36 PM
I just got it and I'm in San Diego.

Delaware
12-03-2007, 12:36 PM
I did too, Northern Delaware.

bjkrz
12-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Does anyone know a non-donor who has received this call? I've donated, and gave them my number, and got the call.

if it's just existing donors this is a silly way to spend money.

edit: Maryland cell phone

beobeli
12-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Got it too... Pittsburgh, PA

voytechs
12-03-2007, 12:39 PM
I got one too, you hoo. I didn't pick up though, but now that I check my caller ID I do have 877-ron-paul in numerical form.

Thom1776
12-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Received call at 11:42 AM in Connecticut: 860-237-XXXX.

RonPaulFever
Yes, got a voicemail on my cell.

RockEnds
My son just called from Tucson. He just got a call from Carol Paul!

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 12:43 PM
OK, this is really Fucked Up. I'm sorry, and I have not been critical of the campaign, until this.

I just got off the phone with HQ, and the woman I talked to knew absolutely nothing. She didn't know what the phone list was, or what the message was. She said she didn't know. I told her that I'm a donator and I don't want my money wasted on phone calls to other donators, that's preaching to the choir! I expressed my frustration and asked her to find out more. I waited on hold, when she came back she said that they were making calls about weekly updates, etc.. I said this message had nothing to do with weekly updates, this was a brief introduction to Ron Paul, as if it were intended for someone who never heard of him before.

This is complete crap, I think we need to get to the bottom of this.. It seems like an absolute waste..

patriotic_dad
12-03-2007, 12:43 PM
I just got the call in Victorville California.

iskimtsnow
12-03-2007, 12:45 PM
I hope this is a practice run for a nationwide phone blitz and not the campaign "looking for ways to spend all the money" calling donors to support RP is pretty redundant.

integrity
12-03-2007, 12:47 PM
I got the call in Denver! 55 second message from Carol Paul. Very nice.... I hope they were just calling all registered republicans...

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 12:54 PM
I hope they were just calling all registered republicans...

They aren't! I am not a registered republican (don't have to be in Indiana) and am not registered to vote under that phone number.

They are calling donators! Has anyone received this call who isn't a donator?

I was excited when I first heard it too, but this is nothing to be happy about! We need some more people to call HQ and see what the hell is going on.

I am a donator, and I don't want our money to be wasted on this non-sense! They should be calling residents of NH and Iowa!

rodent
12-03-2007, 12:57 PM
I received a call from that number, but when I picked it up, there was nobody on the other end.

Same!!

JPFromTally
12-03-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't see what the big deal is...

Remember, there are a lot of people who have donated to the campaign who don't read up on forums, go to rallies, write blogs and read news like we do. The guy who works across the hall from my office is a perfect example.

You want to say, "Hey, don't forget about us. Make another donation."

Now, if they just call donators only then that's a different story, but there's no evidence to that - especially since it sounds like they haven't worked out all the kinks yet.

robert4rp08
12-03-2007, 01:00 PM
got it in pittsburgh, pa this morning. have it recorded on the answering machine.

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 01:12 PM
You want to say, "Hey, don't forget about us. Make another donation."

Now, if they just call donators only then that's a different story, but there's no evidence to that - especially since it sounds like they haven't worked out all the kinks yet.

That's just the point, the message did not say "hey, thanks for being a part of this, please donate again", it was an introductory message meant for someone who is not involved, has not donated, and knows little to nothing about Ron Paul.

And from what I'm seeing in the forum, lots of people who are donated are getting this message. What is the likelihood that they're making calls all over the country to a random list of people, and all of us members of the forum have received them all within a couple hours? Very slim.. What's the greater likelihood they're calling just a list of donators??

I know it doesn't make sense, but this is something I'd like to find out. Would someone else PLEASE call HQ?

XelR8r
12-03-2007, 01:13 PM
I just received the call in California.

The message cut to the end right after Carole talks about her Grandkids.

I spoke to Brandon at HQ. He said I was the first to report this and it could be isolated, if not PLEASE respond to the campaign so they can fix!

Blowback
12-03-2007, 01:15 PM
A lot of people in this thread seem like they are making a mountain out of a mole hill...

JustBcuz
12-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Reno, Nevada

Got the call 5 minutes ago.

I hoping it's an auto-dialer but I'm wondering if it isn't. Either way it's cool.

Alawn
12-03-2007, 01:31 PM
I just got the call. I was very excited. And yes I have donated. Of course I have already made up my mind to vote for Ron Paul and nothing will change that.

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 01:31 PM
A lot of people in this thread seem like they are making a mountain out of a mole hill...

No, I just don't want to see the capaign wasting their time and money. If they're making a mistake, they need to know about it. The only way they'll know about is if we tell them.

voytechs
12-03-2007, 01:32 PM
I just got a call from unknown 877 number, but I didn't pickup as I usually don't if I don't recognize the number. I wonder if it was her :(

It was her :( The caller ID number spells out 877-ron-paul when you convert the digits.

UtahApocalypse
12-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I just got my call :D

NinjaPirate
12-03-2007, 01:34 PM
I got one also. Then I got a call from a Ron Paul telemarkter-type who put me on hold as soon as I answered. When she finally picked up, she asked if I was going to vote for Ron Paul, and that was pretty much it. o.O

Blowback
12-03-2007, 01:36 PM
I bet they are just letting people know what they are up to. A mean really, an automated pre-recorded phone call that lasts about 30 seconds costs pennies probably. No big deal in my opinion. They are probably just testing it out on us before it gets pumped into Iowa, NH, Nevada, and beyond.

RTsquared
12-03-2007, 01:37 PM
I just got a call on my cell phone. As glad as I am to have gotten it, I wonder why I needed to know a little bit about Dr. Paul's family life, considering I've made two different donations to the campaign as well as two different purchases from the campaign store. *shrug*

My guess is that this is just the warm-up. Either the robodialers will do a massive call blitz to registered voters in general, or that is the first of a series of messages targeted to donors.

rasheedwallace
12-03-2007, 01:38 PM
me too.

portland, OR

i hope i didn't get this because i put my number down on some site, i am hoping the rp troops are hitting the phonebooks.

mport1
12-03-2007, 01:38 PM
I was called. It seems like they are calling people who signed up on the website or donated. Why would they do this? This is a waste of funds and if they want to call us they should be asking for donations and not telling us general information about Ron and telling us how to find out more.

JacobLyles
12-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Just caught the end of the call when I picked up. The software of their vendor must not be top-notch.

Still, I’m sure it will get out to many people!

mport1
12-03-2007, 01:41 PM
They should be calling registered Republicans with this message. Also, the message was not top notch. It kind of just starts with no introduction at all, very weird.

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 01:42 PM
I was called. It seems like they are calling people who signed up on the website or donated. Why would they do this? This is a waste of funds and if they want to call us they should be asking for donations and not telling us general information about Ron and telling us how to find out more.

This is exactly my point! But I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill. mport1, would you call the HQ?

You'd think if this were some sort of a "trial run", the people answering the phones would know about it, but the person I talked to didn't have a clue.

filmmaker58
12-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Pahrump Nevada. After listening to her I'm finally convinced to support the guy (sarcasm). I might even do a commercial or something. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NtXuP-JDN8 I love the story from the intern that was working at the hospital when Carol Paul was sick earier this year. She said "You can tell a man's character by how he treats his wife". She said that you could see the concern, respect, and love in his eyes. That's the man we need as our leader. Signing off, I need to go hug my wife.

nullzero
12-03-2007, 01:47 PM
just got the call on my cell phone.... location orange county, california.... looks like a national phone call blitz to gain name reconition.

daikonv
12-03-2007, 01:48 PM
i got called on my cell phone. I thought it strange, given I live in New York and that I had already donated and know about RP. That's where I figure they found my number, from when I donated.

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 01:48 PM
just got the call on my cell phone.... location orange county, california.... looks like a national phone call blitz to gain name reconition.

nullzero, have you (or someone in your family) donated to the campaign?

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 01:49 PM
i got called on my cell phone. I thought it strange, given I live in New York and that I had already donated and know about RP. That's where I figure they found my number, from when I donated.

Exactly, they're calling the phone number we used when we donated. This makes NO SENSE! Does it?

steph3n
12-03-2007, 01:50 PM
This is odd, I got a call on my landline in TX, but I always give my mobile to anyone asking and when I donated.

ckhagen
12-03-2007, 01:51 PM
I don't think it's just to donators. Seriously. Why would she bother "introducing" him basically. They're not that stupid.

We got calls on my husbands cell and our home phone. We've donated, but I'm 99% positive we haven't given them both of those numbers when we donated (donated only once). Like I said, our home phone is on MY registration and dh's cell is on his... that's the only thing that explains me not getting a call on my cell.

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 01:58 PM
our home phone is on MY registration

which registration?

ckhagen
12-03-2007, 02:01 PM
which registration?

voter registration.
dh used only his cell on his voter registration. I used only our home phone. that would explain how he got a call on his cell and we got a call on the home phone, but I didn't get one on my cell, because my cell wasn't used on anything related to elections.

austin356
12-03-2007, 02:05 PM
If you are a Ron Paul supporter in a Chinese Prison you still would have got this call.

mport1
12-03-2007, 02:05 PM
I don't think it's just to donators. Seriously. Why would she bother "introducing" him basically. They're not that stupid.

We got calls on my husbands cell and our home phone. We've donated, but I'm 99% positive we haven't given them both of those numbers when we donated (donated only once). Like I said, our home phone is on MY registration and dh's cell is on his... that's the only thing that explains me not getting a call on my cell.

Why would they call us in the first place with this message targeted to people who aren't current supporters? It is a complete waste of funds.

unklejman
12-03-2007, 02:06 PM
I just got one, so did a coworker. Daphne, and Mobile, AL.

austin356
12-03-2007, 02:09 PM
For this to happen they would literally have to call every single number in America within a day.

200,000,000 phone lines in America

Auto Dialer makes about 450 calls in a day.

200,000,000/450 = 444,444 autodialing lines needed to accomplish this.

Does such system exist?

austin356
12-03-2007, 02:10 PM
I just got one, so did a coworker. Daphne, and Mobile, AL.

did you coworker donate? Or register with the campaign?

Santana28
12-03-2007, 02:11 PM
I just got the call on my cellphone - i'm in IL.

I appreciate the call and i thought it was really cute, but i know they got my # off of the donation form - so why call me? Why not call people who aren't already donating? Just wondering.

I mean..come on... he's already got my vote :) Duh!

Paulite
12-03-2007, 02:11 PM
im in ny and i got the ron paul call at 10:30am

austin356
12-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Why would they call us in the first place with this message targeted to people who aren't current supporters? It is a complete waste of funds.

With all likelyhood it is. Though the amount would be trivial if they were actually calling all registered voters............ which I doubt.

steph3n
12-03-2007, 02:14 PM
With all likelyhood it is. Though the amount would be trivial if they were actually calling all registered voters............ which I doubt.

not sure myself, but either way these days such calls are CHEAP I can do them for about $200 a month working all day flat rate if I had a desire to do so using internet lines :D

jumpyg1258
12-03-2007, 02:15 PM
I got the call but I missed half of it cause it was on my voice mail. DARN.

Benaiah
12-03-2007, 02:15 PM
//

Alex
12-03-2007, 02:19 PM
I was singing in choir when my phone vibrated. The recorded message was on my voicemail! :) I wonder how many people got the call?

kotetu
12-03-2007, 02:20 PM
I received it on my cell. :)

McLane2007
12-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Seems like a waste of money. I just got the call from Mrs. Paul and I'm in Oregon, our primary isn't until MAY by that time everyone knows who is going to win. The money should be going to the early primary states.

blakjak
12-03-2007, 02:27 PM
I got the call as well. Never voted. Never registered.

edit: I have donated.

r3volution
12-03-2007, 02:29 PM
I got the call as well. Never voted. Never registered.

did you donate ?

Bigboyen
12-03-2007, 02:31 PM
I guess they testing the system, and they will target the registered voters in early states when the system is ready.

NoxTwilight
12-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Just got mine :)

blakjak
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM
did you donate ?

Yes.

bolidew
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM
not sure myself, but either way these days such calls are CHEAP I can do them for about $200 a month working all day flat rate if I had a desire to do so using internet lines :D

QFT.

anotherone
12-03-2007, 02:35 PM
I just got one a minute ago here in San Diego.

rjl
12-03-2007, 02:36 PM
My mom and I were talking just a minute ago (she was on her cell phone) when her home phone rang and it was the now-famous recorded Mrs. Paul message. It's funny because we were talking about getting Ron Paul TV ads on the air down there. Pretty cool.

I definitely don't think it's a waste of time or money to call people in states with later primaries. Those calls are dirt cheap, and anyone can become a donor, early state or not. I just read an article about people in Iowa getting dozens of calls from Hillary alone, and people were getting mad. So maybe simply bombarding NH and Iowa pell mell isn't the best idea.

eyeswideopen
12-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Just received Mrs. Paul's message in Arkansas ... woohoo! The campaign has also mailed out a gun owners for Ron Paul pamphlet. Glad to see they are spending that money!

ionlyknowy
12-03-2007, 02:40 PM
wow, I got mine, SoCal.

I really hope they are not just calling donators... And if ALL of us have gotten the call already, I am pretty sure that is what they are doing.

There are two reasons why this could be happening.

1. They know that their supporters are getting suspicious about what they are doing with all of that money we donated and are trying to show us by calling the donators in hopes that we will be happy or duped.

I know I had voiced my concern lately about the comment in the debate "we have so much money we dont know what to do with it"

And I know others have too.

2. Testing the system to see if it is ok to run on a more vast phone number database...

I cant think of any other reason..

thePhilosopher
12-03-2007, 02:40 PM
I got a call but no one was on the other end.

r3volution
12-03-2007, 02:43 PM
seems like every1 that donated got a call . kinda pointless ..

McDermit
12-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Nothing here yet.

Brian Ristuccia
12-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I haven't received a call yet.

Regarding a few posts which asked about the capacity of autodialers: It's not uncommon for big telemarketing firms to have access to dozens of media gateways either in-house or at various telephony service providers. A DS3 media gateway can run approximately 650 calls, so most decently-equipped firms can run tens of thousands of simultaneous calls.

ronpaulfollower999
12-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Received a call in South Florida.

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Nothing here yet.

Did you donate & include a (valid) phone number?

superlou
12-03-2007, 02:56 PM
I got one on my cell phone in CA. I think they are calling registered Republicans.

r3volution
12-03-2007, 02:57 PM
I got one on my cell phone in CA. I think they are calling registered Republicans.

did you donate ?

Hurricane Bruiser
12-03-2007, 02:57 PM
my wife received on in Parkersburg, WV

Green Mountain Boy
12-03-2007, 03:01 PM
I received a call on my cell phone. I am not a registered republican. I have donated.

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 03:04 PM
I received a call on my cell phone. I am not a registered repubican. I have donated.

I think I'm beginning to see a pattern... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: WTF :confused:

McDermit
12-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Did you donate & include a (valid) phone number?

Yep. They have my home and cell number.

But I'm maxed out. Maybe they're only calling those who can donate more? My mom and ex haven't gotten calls yet either.. both maxed.

Has anyone that's maxed out gotten a call yet?

superlou
12-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Yes, I have donated. Also, I just changed to Republican from Democrat about a week and a half ago, which doesn't give much time for the lists to update if they were calling registered Republicans. I gave the same number to RP2008.com and to the voter registration.

Just read through the full thread. It seems likely that it is the donaters getting called and not registered voters.

Eli
12-03-2007, 03:09 PM
i got one to, Oregon here.
but it went to my cell. which isn't listed of course, which makes me think i only got it because of donations

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 03:16 PM
i got one to, Oregon here.
but it went to my cell. which isn't listed of course, which makes me think i only got it because of donations

Same for me, my god how many people have to say the same thing?

We should find out why this is happening... if it's a test run, then fine - but i'd like to know.. if they've screwed up and aren't aware, then they should be told.. either way, we need to find out from HQ.. I called once, could someone else please call?

mport1
12-03-2007, 04:15 PM
bump, what is the deal?

Indy Vidual
12-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Great idea for promotion.

brumans
12-03-2007, 04:19 PM
They called me also.. I am in Michigan.

They called my cell phone actually... which is not listed anywhere.
I am also not affiliated with any party whatsoever (and even if I was I would of used my home phone number).

I only entered my cell phone number when I donated. They must of gotten my number because I donated... that's the only possible way.

unklejman
12-03-2007, 04:26 PM
did you coworker donate? Or register with the campaign?

Yes we both have donated. I have registered with the campaign, not sure about him.

alien
12-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Got one in Texas too. And yes I have donated so I would like to know why and who they are calling also.

ionlyknowy
12-03-2007, 05:38 PM
I think at this point it is quite apparent that they are calling people that donated.

Now if that is the only people that they are calling, who knows....

But these are my suspicions.. :(

If they were not calling just donators today, then that would mean that they would have had to have contacted everyone in the US today, which is very unlikely.

People from all of the US that donated were contacted today.

It is very feasible for them to call 40,000 people... They need to contact people that havent donated....

misconstrued
12-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Calling people who have donated isn't a bad idea. May get them feel good for donating and they may donate more.

maxbish
12-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Got the call to my unlisted cell today. I have donated. Live in MKE, WI

weatherbill
12-03-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm in nashville tn and go that call this AM

rory096
12-03-2007, 05:55 PM
I got it, but I was in class and I didn't have my phone on vibrate like I always do at the time, so I had to hang up quickly. What did it say?

daviddee
12-03-2007, 06:14 PM

grizzums
12-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Got the caul from Mrs Paul on my voice mail today...Seattle. :)

yaz
12-03-2007, 06:18 PM
I've donated to the campaign. I've only received a postcard thank-you letter.

bambbrose
12-03-2007, 06:19 PM
I got the call and I've donated.

However, my girlfriend also got the call and she has never donated or contributed to the campaign in any way

She is a registered republican

noztnac
12-03-2007, 06:21 PM
If anyone has the ability to make such calls they should. Get the recording and set it up. We don't need for just the campaign to be making these calls.

atthegates
12-03-2007, 06:22 PM
got the call as well...chicago

noztnac
12-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Most conservative Republicans hate Rap. Maybe we should put together a rap song for Giuliani and have people called at 3 AM. "Vote 4 Giuliani YO! Check it out... Giu-Giu-Giu-lee-aaah-neee 4 puh-reh-zoh-dint- YO YO!

or- Romney- Rah Rah Romney- Rominator is great, let's celebrate, so vote for Romney, now don't be late!

or- Huckabee's bad, Huckabee's cool, Vote for the Huckster now, Don't be a fool.

usmcZ
12-03-2007, 06:29 PM
my phone number is a chicago-area number, got the call (as well as my brother too) even though we are both located physically in california.

usmcZ
12-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Most conservative Republicans hate Rap. Maybe we should put together a rap song for Giuliani and have people called at 3 AM. "Vote 4 Giuliani YO! Check it out... Giu-Giu-Giu-lee-aaah-neee 4 puh-reh-zoh-dint- YO YO!

or- Romney- Rah Rah Romney- Rominator is great, let's celebrate, so vote for Romney, now don't be late!

or- Huckabee's bad, Huckabee's cool, Vote for the Huckster now, Don't be a fool.

hahahahhahhahahhaa

that is hilarious. it would work too.

Jodi
12-03-2007, 07:07 PM
I got one too!!! I missed the call but a voice message was left. Came on my cell. I was a little confused because they really don't need to call me as I'm already sold.

Rex
12-03-2007, 07:24 PM
got one in louisiana

chipvogel
12-03-2007, 07:33 PM
I got a call too....In Kansas
I've never had a political call in my life.

nobody campaigns in Kansas

scrosnoe
12-03-2007, 07:52 PM
suggestion:

comment:

hahahahhahhahahhaa

that is hilarious. it would work too.

my plea:

would not work - because it would track back to who did it and reflect negatively

please be a gracious ambassador for Ron Paul and his message and treat our competitors with the same style he does!

this kind of thing always backfires!

c0unterph0bia
12-03-2007, 08:11 PM
I got one in Ohio

noztnac
12-03-2007, 08:31 PM
I was kidding about the rap thing. I'm sure most of you knew that but one person apparently thought I was being serious.

FrankRep
12-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Columbus, Ohio.

I got a call.

Is the Campaign calling everyone or just selected people?

peruvianRP
12-03-2007, 08:35 PM
I got one.. when I got home my kids say..."hey dadday, ron pauls wife called!"
I said "What?"

Thomas Paine
12-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Well, PeruvianRP, it's nice to see another Peruvian who is a Ron Paul supporter.

saahmed
12-03-2007, 08:40 PM
I got one on my cell phone here in Iowa. I don't know if they are calling people who have already signed up as supporters or what, but I dont know how else they would be calling my cell.

TheDHC
12-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Hey all ,brand new Ron Paul member and supporter. I too just got a call from Carol Paul :cool:

I'm in Albany, New York

Abobo
12-03-2007, 09:37 PM
I got one this morning :D
I'm in California.

DeepBlu
12-03-2007, 09:37 PM
I got one this morning too. I'm in Pennsylvania.

jim70769
12-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Got a call this afternoon in Louisiana.

Avalon
12-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Jeez, if they were going to call the whole donor list they should have used a different message (like thanking us for our support etc), not giving us a personal background of someone we're likely very familiar with (and more importantly, sold on).

asmartchimp
12-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Got one around 1 pm here in SC

sunghoko
12-03-2007, 10:38 PM
got one too. I was about to hang up b/c it was an automated message but when she said carol paul, didn't hang up. all under 1 minute.