PDA

View Full Version : This One Police Department Shot 92 Dogs in Three Years. One of the Officers Has Killed 25 By H

Suzanimal
11-19-2014, 06:38 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bdKVQP2.jpg

Buffalo, NY — A high profile case of Buffalo police killing a man’s dog while looking for non-existent drugs, has led to a Freedom of Information request revealing some sadistic figures.

On June 3, 2013 Buffalo police raided a man’s home to look for crack cocaine. He was not there, nor was the crack.

The home belonged to Iraqi war veteran, Adam Arroyo and his 2-year-old pit bull Cindy.

Upon breaking down the door to Arroyo’s home, officers encountered Cindy, who was barely 50 pounds, and shot and killed her. They were at the wrong apartment.

Sadly, “Police Kill Dog” is not an uncommon segment of headlines across the nation. It happens so often that it has its own category on the The Free Thought Project’s website as well as many other media outlets.

This disturbing trend led to WGRZ-TV in Buffalo, filing a Freedom of Information Act request for use of force incidents within the Buffalo police department only. What they found was shocking.

According to use of force reports requested by WGRZ-TV under the Freedom of Information Law, Buffalo Police shot 92 dogs from Jan. 1, 2011 through Sept. 2014. Seventy-three of those dogs died. Nineteen survived.

To provide a comparison, Buffalo’s numbers more than triple the amount of dog shooting incidents involving police in Cincinnati, a municipality of similar size.

“The numbers are what the numbers are,” Buffalo Police Chief of Detectives Dennis Richards said in an interview with WGRZ. “Certainly, no officer takes any satisfaction in having to dispatch a dog.”

Perhaps an even more disturbing reality is that nearly 30 percent of these dog shootings in Buffalo were carried out by one man. The unidentified officer has shot 26 dogs, killing 25 of them, in just the last three years.

The New York City Police Department produces an annual discharge report, publishing its most recent version in 2012. According to those reports, the NYPD shot 72 dogs in 2011 and 2012, but fewer than 30 percent of those cases (21) resulted in fatalities.

That means that in the years 2011-2012 alone, this cop has killed as many dogs as the entire NYPD!

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-department-shot-92-dogs-years-officers-killed-25/#IYvzbIJAr3veSjfG.99

tod evans
11-19-2014, 06:43 AM
The unidentified officer has shot 26 dogs, killing 25 of them, in just the last three years.

Family pets you fucking idiot!

This kop who is protected from even being known killed 25 family pets!

That's 25 families who deserve to know the name and address of this murder who assaulted their family home.

No more qualified immunity!

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-19-2014, 06:50 AM
So if someone killed him, they'd have to figure out who did it among family members and family friends of the two dozen families.

tod evans
11-19-2014, 06:56 AM
So if someone killed him, they'd have to figure out who did it among family members and family friends of the two dozen families.

Accountability the cornerstone of freedom...

No wonder government avoids it at all costs......

SeanTX
11-19-2014, 07:03 AM

There's one other cop in Upstate NY who has close to that many kills and who has been named and quoted bragging about it. Nothing has happened to him, and nothing will.

tangent4ronpaul
11-19-2014, 07:16 AM
chipin: 2 adult sized dog costumes, strong glue, chloroform/tazer, a few custom "dog hunting season" signs...

-t

SeanTX
11-19-2014, 08:25 AM
Family pets you fucking idiot!

This kop who is protected from even being known killed 25 family pets!

That's 25 families who deserve to know the name and address of this murder who assaulted their family home.

No more qualified immunity!

There are rare cases where a truly dangerous dog has to be put down -- but it's pretty obvious that this one officer is just doing it because he can and because he knows that nobody is going to stop him (well, I can think of how I'd like for him to be stopped, but it's not going to happen).

He probably enjoys the power trip of killing something, and loves even more the thought of inflicting emotional distress and fear in the owners -- he's a sociopath, and probably needs to be put down the same way a truly dangerous dog would be.

I'm sure many cops go an entire career without shooting a dog, then you have others who have a dozen or more kills -- it's pretty obvious what's going on, and why it shouldn't be ignored. Even if I wasn't a dog lover I'd still feel bad for the people who are having their pets killed just for some sadist's pleasure (one who has the full backing of the state to do it) .

tod evans
11-19-2014, 08:37 AM
There are rare cases where a truly dangerous dog has to be put down --

Isn't this why cities have animal control?

I'll wager a dime to a dollar that every dog killed had a drug warrant associated with the slaughter....

SeanTX
11-19-2014, 08:54 AM

I'll wager a dime to a dollar that every dog killed had a drug warrant associated with the slaughter....

In many areas the police *are* animal control -- with expected results. I'm sure there are many horror stories from those places that we never hear about. And those are rural areas where you'd think that the people wouldn't just let it happen, but they do.

In places where there is dedicated animal control, well, the police "don't have time for that." The main tool they have is a hammer, and most every problem is a nail, so they hammer away -- not like anybody will stop them anyway.

It's a war zone out there, no time for niceties like letting somebody secure their pet that might be in the way of a .gov kidnapping operation, so, just shoot it ... problem solved.

Oh, and when I said "some dogs do need to be put down" I meant ones that had actually mauled people or livestock, or that presented a true danger of doing so -- not like these cases like the one in Idaho where the cop shot a black lab closed up in a van because it barked at him.

Or the Ft. Worth cop who shot a border collie for barking at him, then lied and said it was a "pit bull." Things like that have created a situation where EVERY police use of force needs to be questioned (especially of course shootings of mundane humans).

I can't understand why so many people (even here) seem to feel sorry for Officer Wilson -- the police have created an environment where everything they do has to be questioned, if there's even the least little hint of wrongdoing. They did it to themselves.

oyarde
11-19-2014, 09:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bdKVQP2.jpg
Are they paying them a bounty for them? Would appear so .

jbauer
11-19-2014, 09:36 AM
So i guess I no longer need to have my dog spade or neutered. The cops will just kill it anyway?

oyarde
11-19-2014, 09:37 AM

I will see your dime that some were killed with no warrant and that all warrants were not served on the proper address .

oyarde
11-19-2014, 09:38 AM
So i guess I no longer need to have my dog spade or neutered. The cops will just kill it anyway?

Seems right .

oyarde
11-19-2014, 09:39 AM

Or others .

presence
11-19-2014, 09:45 AM
26 dogs in 36 months? That's a dog every 42 days.

AF have you watched Boondock Saints yet?

Occam's Banana
11-19-2014, 10:05 AM
He probably enjoys the power trip of killing something, and loves even more the thought of inflicting emotional distress and fear in the owners [...P]eople [...] are having their pets killed just for some sadist's pleasure (one who has the full backing of the state to do it).

Please disregard this unauthorized interruption ^^^^^.

We apologize for the technical difficulties.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming:

“The numbers are what the numbers are,” Buffalo Police Chief of Detectives Dennis Richards said in an interview with WGRZ. “Certainly, no officer takes any satisfaction in having to dispatch a dog.”

JK/SEA
11-19-2014, 10:14 AM
ok, sooo..as we all know, big gov types love to inflict a license fee for a dog...cops kill dog, cop reduces revenue because now a dead dog will not contribute to the coffers...

lets roll with that and see what happens..

kill dog...no tax money...effectively effing up the local gov budget, plus the high risk of a law suit to the enablers...

money talks...or it used to..

phill4paul
11-19-2014, 10:21 AM
ok, sooo..as we all know, big gov types love to inflict a license fee for a dog...cops kill dog, cop reduces revenue because now a dead dog will not contribute to the coffers...

lets roll with that and see what happens..

kill dog...no tax money...effectively effing up the local gov budget, plus the high risk of a law suit to the enablers...

money talks...or it used to..

Doubt it would float. "Broken window" and all that jive. Dog gets shot. Owner buys new dog increasing revenue through taxes. Owner buys new dog a new license again increasing revenue.

Acala
11-19-2014, 10:32 AM
Torturing and killing animals is considered a warning sign of a developing psychopathic killer. http://www.crimemuseum.org/blog/9-early-warning-signs-for-serial-killers-2

JK/SEA
11-19-2014, 10:36 AM
Doubt it would float. "Broken window" and all that jive. Dog gets shot. Owner buys new dog increasing revenue through taxes. Owner buys new dog a new license again increasing revenue.

probably true, but the talking point may get legs amongst the sheep...

sigh...i'm just trying to find a way to slow, or stop this evil bullshit...

phill4paul
11-19-2014, 10:40 AM
probably true, but the talking point may get legs amongst the sheep...

sigh...i'm just trying to find a way to slow, or stop this evil bullshit...

Understood. I don't know that there is one except for the outright destruction of the police state and all the pain and misery and sacrifice that would entail.

Occam's Banana
11-19-2014, 10:40 AM
[...] Dog gets shot. Owner buys new dog [...]

Hmmmm ... "Police Dog Shootings as Economic Stimulus" ...

I'm sensing the opportunity for a groundbreaking economics paper - or at least a Paul Krugman column (Tyler Cowen might pinch-hit) ...

phill4paul
11-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Hmmmm ... "Police Dog Shootings as Economic Stimulus" ...

I'm sensing the opportunity for a groundbreaking economics paper - or at least a Paul Krugman column (Tyler Cowen might pinch-hit) ...

Headline news: Pet adoptions booming. ASPCA calls to end spaying and neutering programs in wake of shortage. God help us.

Pericles
11-19-2014, 11:53 AM
War on dogs - I'm tellin' ya.

JK/SEA
11-19-2014, 11:56 AM
War on dogs - I'm tellin' ya.

and the owners, and taxpayers, and on morality.

FindLiberty
11-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Better to have that costumed psychopathic killer shooting 25 dogs than shooting,
maiming and/or killing 25 kids, spouses or loved ones.

He kills those poor dogs, and that protects the children from his rage for now,
but what happens when that town runs out of dogs for the psychopath to kill?

Do they have any horses or cows that could be sacrificed instead of terrorizing
our families?

25!

TWENTY-FIVE

SeanTX
11-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Better to have that costumed psychopathic killer shooting 25 dogs than shooting,
maiming and/or killing 25 kids, spouses or loved ones.

He kills those poor dogs, and that protects the children from his rage for now,
but what happens when that town runs out of dogs for the psychopath to kill?

Do they have any horses or cows that could be sacrificed instead of terrorizing
our families?

25!

TWENTY-FIVE

Oh, there's an endless supply of dogs to shoot, no worries there. It'd be interesting to know if the one with 25 dog kills has shot any humans.

I'm guessing he has -- it's not that big of a step up from casually shooting dogs to then go after two-legged threats in the same way. It's just requires more paper work, with the bonus of some paid-leave.

Acala wrote:

And this is just what is in the official reports. I wonder if a guy who likes killing things this much can really confine himself to the "line of duty"? And if so, for how long?

I'm guessing there are many more shootings that take place "off the record." The figure of 92 over three or four years sounds rather low. And don't forget Buffalo Police are the same ghouls who watch the death notices hoping to confiscate pistols from the families of deceased gun owners.

Acala
11-19-2014, 02:11 PM
Oh, there's an endless supply of dogs to shoot, no worries there. It'd be interesting to know if the one with 25 dog kills has shot any humans.

I'm guessing he has -- it's not that big of a step up from casually shooting dogs to then go after two-legged threats in the same way. It's just requires more paper work, with the bonus of some paid-leave.

And this is just what is in the official reports. I wonder if a guy who likes killing things this much can really confine himself to the "line of duty"? And if so, for how long?

Anti Federalist
11-19-2014, 02:42 PM
Are they paying them a bounty for them? Would appear so .

No bounty.

Just the Circular Force Continuum.

Anti Federalist
11-19-2014, 02:44 PM

oyarde
11-19-2014, 11:13 PM
Torturing and killing animals is considered a warning sign of a developing psychopathic killer. http://www.crimemuseum.org/blog/9-early-warning-signs-for-serial-killers-2

This is correct .

oyarde
11-19-2014, 11:14 PM
No bounty.

Just the Circular Force Continuum.

I am thinking there is some inner dept. pool on this ..... I have an early , silver, Mercury dime on that .

Natural Citizen
11-19-2014, 11:44 PM
You know, we hear a lot about the number of dogs the "officers" shoot and kill. And we hear quite a bit about the number of munitions that they receive. But nobody ever pays attention to how many dogs they have ordered for training. We're into tens and tens of thousands. That's a true story.

Mani
11-20-2014, 03:55 AM

Dude shot 26 dogs!?!?! KILLED 25 dogs!?! ONE MAN????

If that's not a psychopath, then what the hell is??? In any other part of society can a man get away with killing 25 dogs and not be locked up on 25 counts of animal cruelty and be taken away for being a psychopath???

This movie quote goes here:

Virgil: Now the first time you kill somebody, that's the hardest. I don't give a shit if you're fuckin' Wyatt Earp or Jack the Ripper. Remember that guy in Texas? The guy up in that fuckin' tower that killed all them people? I'll bet you green money that first little black dot he took a bead on, that was the bitch of the bunch. First one is tough, no fuckin' foolin'. The second one... the second one ain't no fuckin' Mardis Gras either, but it's better than the first one 'cause you still feel the same thing, y'know... except it's more diluted, y'know it's... it's better. I threw up on the first one, you believe that? Then the third one... the third one is easy, you level right off. It's no problem. Now... shit... now I do it just to watch their fuckin' expression change.