PDA

View Full Version : Bumper sticker and name recognition

pacelli
12-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Hey folks,

Do you have a Ron Paul bumper sticker or sign on your car?

I spend a good deal of time driving 6+ hours every week up and down the East Coast on I-95 which is a major highway with loads of traffic. On my last drive, I've noticed absolutely no political bumper stickers except for old Bush/Cheney and Kerry/Edwards stickers. In fact, I was the only Ron Paul bumper sticker carrier.

In order to improve name recognition, which is what many of us have been talking about on these forums for some time, I was wondering how many of you have Ron Paul bumper stickers (or some other RP sign) on their car? I think it is a great way to improve name recognition. As you know when people start cruising along the highway at 55 mph +, the mind becomes a little more susceptible to influences.

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 09:20 AM
I have 2 :D

and i had those static cling ones on the side windows, except now that its cold out, they don't stick as well :(

OV 101 Enterprise
12-03-2007, 09:21 AM
I definitely see more Ron Paul stickers than any other canidate for 2008. A close second would probably be obama. I have a sticker on my car, and have given stickers to several friends who have put them on their cars.

jrich4rpaul
12-03-2007, 09:22 AM
I have 2 on the bumper, one on the window. I've given my friend one and my girlfriend two. I've just ordered 270 from the campaign store for distribution in my area (cost less than $100)

Other than that I've only seen one RP bumper sticker in my area.

Craig_R
12-03-2007, 09:24 AM
two stickers on the back, big magnets on both sides.

oh, and another sticker on the back that reads:
This is NOT what the founders had in mind

nullvalu
Whoever checked NO up there better have a good reason why not. :) If you don't want to put a sticker on your car, the campaign now sells magnetic bumper "stickers"

Man from La Mancha
I have 4 of the magnetic ones, 2 on back and one on each front side doors. The 5th one blew off of the hood somewhere:)

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

jj111
12-03-2007, 09:25 AM
I have been doing sign waving on busy intersections. I always have a bunch of bumper stickers handy in my pocket. I give out a peace sign alternating with a thumbs up. If I get eye contact, I check if they are a supporter to see if they send me back a thumbs up sign. If so, if they are stopped at the light, I run up to them and give them a bumper sticker or two. Do sign waving. It takes only one person. Bring several large RP signs with you, and prop them up with a foldable chair, against a tree or pole, or with stakes. Bring a pile of bumper stickers with you. You can achieve a lot with one person with this activity.

Terrie4RP
12-03-2007, 09:32 AM
I have a bumper sticker on my van and also painted all over my windows. Also, I have a large RP sign I put in the front window as a sun blocker. We did this back in June and have had people yell RON PAUL at us at stop signs, people honking and waving on the freeway, very good responses except the one time while at the dentist someone put a lovely key scratch down the passenger side. :) Also, where ever I go, I put a few slim jims under the rear window washer blade, people always take them. Several of us in our meetup group have done the same.

:D GO RON PAUL!!

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Also, where ever I go, I put a few slim jims under the rear window washer blade, people always take them.

Oh, now that's a brilliant idea! I'll definately start doing that. :D

pates03
12-03-2007, 09:39 AM
2 stickers in the rear and magnet on the driver side.

pacelli
12-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Bump. I know that 2 days ago is old news on our site, but I'd like to think that more than 29 of us have bumper stickers =P You guys have already given me some good ideas about how to spread the message. I think the key is plugging his name wherever we go. Magnetic bumper stickers, what a great idea! I'm going to look into that for myself.