PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: Take Obama To Court Over Executive Amnesty

NACBA
11-18-2014, 07:10 AM
Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) argued that a lawsuit "may be the only recourse" to overturn an executive order by President Obama on immigration on Monday's "Hannity" on the Fox News Channel.

"There's a famous Supreme Court case, Youngstown Steel, where the Supreme Court actually overturned an executive order and said that the president cannot expressly do something that Congress is telling them not to do. I think with regard to immigration reform he's doing something that Congress has not instructed him to do, and in fact has instructed him otherwise. So, I think the Supreme Court would strike it down, that takes a while, but that may be the only recourse short of a new president" he stated.

Paul also laid out the fiscal options to stop executive amnesty, saying "what I've been proposing is that we take the appropriations process, not a continuing resolution or an omnibus bill...we can get rid of waste, we can reign in Obamacare, we can reign in executive orders on immigration through the immigration process, I mean through the appropriation process."

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/11/17/Rand-Take-Obama-to-Court-Over-Exec-Amnesty

Mr.NoSmile
11-18-2014, 07:57 AM
Didn't he already try suing in regards to the NSA business? And didn't that end up going nowhere?

DevilsAdvocate
11-18-2014, 08:26 AM
I fully support this. Obama is overstepping his authority here, and it's up to the courts to stop him.

If you think about the way our system is designed, if the Legislative or the Executive branches go out of bounds, the Judicial Branch is supposed to reign them in. They can only do that if someone files a lawsuit.

Virgil
11-18-2014, 10:05 AM
Didn't he already try suing in regards to the NSA business? And didn't that end up going nowhere?

Yes and no, there's a smaller lawsuit in front of his. If it wasn't for the smaller lawsuit his would be in the courts right now but his isn't going forward until they figure out what to do with the small one.

-virgil

ItsTime
11-18-2014, 10:13 AM
He has Obama shaking in his boots now! /sarcasm.

Grenadine
11-18-2014, 11:01 AM
The problem with this is that the courts don't like to get involved in things they consider "political questions" and then also that pesky legal doctrine of "standing" comes into play. Then on top of that look at the problems the House is having in just finding a law firm that will be willing to take the case (two have quit because of pressure from Democrat clients).