PDA

View Full Version : 2015 May See a Senate Probe into Benghazi Terrorist Attacks on 9/11

enhanced_deficit
11-17-2014, 11:52 AM
November 16, 2014 4:00 AM
2015 May See a Senate Probe into Benghazi (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/392761/2015-may-see-senate-probe-benghazi-joel-gehrke)

By Joel Gehrke

Senator Lindsey Graham renewed his call for his GOP colleagues in the next Senate to establish a Senate Select Committee that will investigate the Benghazi terrorist attacks. This committee would join the current House panel led by South Carolina Republican Trey Gowdy.

“We would be building on what they’ve done,” the senior South Carolina senator tells National Review Online. “It would be just basically bootstrapping onto their good work and would allow the Senate to have our input.”

It would also give Graham a chance to make high-level White House officials such as National Security Adviser Susan Rice and Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes testify on the role they played in the administration’s controversial efforts to carefully control what the public heard about Benghazi and when they heard it.Graham hasn’t pitched the idea to incoming Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.), who would have to make the final decision to institute a select committee. “Republicans thought it was a good idea when Democrats were in charge, and I hope we still think it’s a good idea when we’re in charge,” Graham says.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/392761/2015-may-see-senate-probe-benghazi-joel-gehrke

ZENemy
11-17-2014, 12:30 PM
its always gonna be done "later"

never; "now"

Lucille
11-17-2014, 12:35 PM
LOL I don't know anyone who cares about that outside of Fox News and the neo-Trot establishment and their dupes and tools. Looks like the Republicans can't wait to focus on things Americans don't GAF about.

Acala
11-17-2014, 02:00 PM
No doubt they will get down to the real issues.

Occam's Banana
11-17-2014, 03:19 PM
its always gonna be done "later"

never; "now"

Jam tomorrow and jam yesterday ...

"I'm sure I'll take you with pleasure!" the Queen said. "Two pence a week, and jam every other day."

Alice couldn't help laughing, as she said, "I don't want you to hire me – and I don't care for jam."

"It's very good jam," said the Queen.

"Well, I don't want any to-day, at any rate."

"You couldn't have it if you did want it," the Queen said. "The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday – but never jam to-day."

"It must come sometimes to 'jam to-day'," Alice objected.

"No, it can't," said the Queen. "It's jam every other day: to-day isn't any other day, you know."

"I don't understand you," said Alice. "It's dreadfully confusing!"

thoughtomator
11-17-2014, 06:21 PM
If Lindsey Graham is pushing it then the agenda is a cover-up. Benghazi leads to his buddy McCain and arms shipments to Syria.

TheCount
11-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Benghazi is a snorefest of a non-issue no matter how much effort certain individuals put into engineering drama around it.

thoughtomator
11-17-2014, 08:22 PM
Benghazi is a snorefest of a non-issue no matter how much effort certain individuals put into engineering drama around it.

If you truly believe that then you don't understand it at all. Stevens was running arms, from the Libyan jihadis that we helped to overthrow Qadafi, to the jihadis in Syria now known as ISIS. This incident is the Rosetta Stone of all that is wrong in US foreign policy.

enhanced_deficit
11-17-2014, 08:31 PM
LOL I don't know anyone who cares about that outside of Fox News and the neo-Trot establishment and their dupes and tools. Looks like the Republicans can't wait to focus on things Americans don't GAF about.

Lindsey driving this smells fishy. But it depends who you ask; many Bush-Republican types would have similar "don't care,enough already" view about a thorough original 9/11 investigation.
I can understand view of those Americans who call for full,independent investigations of both original 9/11 and Benghazi 9/11 events as they would dissect open US foreign policy.

TheCount
11-17-2014, 09:04 PM
If you truly believe that then you don't understand it at all. Stevens was running arms, from the Libyan jihadis that we helped to overthrow Qadafi, to the jihadis in Syria now known as ISIS. This incident is the Rosetta Stone of all that is wrong in US foreign policy.

If you truly believe that, then you don't understand it at all. Stevens was distributing hamburgers to poor children in the neighborhood, who in turn gave the hamburgers to their starving mothers. If this came out, then it would show that US foreign policy is the best thing ever.

Our stories have equal amounts of known facts in them.

ghengis86
11-17-2014, 09:18 PM
If you truly believe that, then you don't understand it at all. Stevens was distributing hamburgers to poor children in the neighborhood, who in turn gave the hamburgers to their starving mothers. If this came out, then it would show that US foreign policy is the best thing ever.

Our stories have equal amounts of known facts in them.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/seymour-hersh-benghazi-attack-a-consequence-of-weapons-rat-line-to-syria/189261/

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n08/seymour-m-hersh/the-red-line-and-the-rat-line

TheCount
11-17-2014, 09:26 PM
http://www.mintpressnews.com/seymour-hersh-benghazi-attack-a-consequence-of-weapons-rat-line-to-syria/189261/

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n08/seymour-m-hersh/the-red-line-and-the-rat-line

None of which says that the State Department, or Stevens, was running arms. Which should seem obvious to anyone, as that's not really in the State Department's lane. If arms were being distributed there, it was a CIA thing, and no one will ever get the truth about that by trying to play 'pin the blame on the Clinton.'

The people who want an investigation would actively work against the release of information that might suggest that Benghazi was a CIA site or operation, as that would absolve the State Department of some guilt in the matter.

vita3
11-18-2014, 07:55 AM
State & CIA are certainly the same thing in many instances. Don't know who did what exactly in Benghazi.

Mr.NoSmile
11-18-2014, 08:00 AM

All that is wrong? I guess that's why now the GOP is up in arms about this particular issue as opposed to the multitude of ones that came out during Bush's administration when they remained silent.