PDA

View Full Version : AP: Paul to Crash Iowa Forum

dmitchell
06-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Yet another AP hatchet job (http://www.woi-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6718164):

Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul will add party crashing to his campaign tactics this weekend.

The Texas congressman wasn't invited to a forum of presidential candidates on Saturday in Des Moines. The Iowa Christian Alliance and the watchdog group Iowans for Tax Relief are sponsoring the event.

Instead of grumbling, Paul's campaign is holding its own party -- in the same hall as the forum. They're calling it a celebration of life and liberty.

They will provide hamburgers and hot dogs to the first 500 people to stop by.

Still, campaign spokesman Jesse Benton says it's been frustrating to be excluded, especially since Paul opposes abortion and is known for his advocacy of lowering taxes. He says those are messages the groups holding the event support.

Paul has struggled to top one percent in national polls.

Ed Failor Junior of Iowans for Tax Relief says some candidates weren't invited to keep the event from stretching on too long.

He says Paul also didn't meet the criteria they drew up last winter.

Some of this story is OK, but it leaves a lot to be desired. Our number one priority in Iowa: don't vindicate the AP by disrupting the forum.

enter`name`here
06-27-2007, 01:16 PM
how the hell is he 'crashing' the forum when his event is happening after not during?

kalami
06-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Thsi there first piece on the forum? They sure did pick up pretty fast on paul's interview with some obscure internet site.

jd603
06-27-2007, 01:23 PM
AP is obviously tainted, who owns them anyway? Newscorp?

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Paul has struggled to top one percent in national polls.

When RP reports $6m in contributions, they will report "Paul has struggled to top $5m in campaign contributions" or as I said in another post, "Hunter, Tancredo, Brownback, Paul, Gilmore, T Thompson, and Huckabee averaged around $1 million each," without saying that RP raised $6 million and the others each $200,000.

yongrel
06-27-2007, 01:29 PM
i'm getting tired of all of this "Ministry of Truth" garbage

Dary
06-27-2007, 01:37 PM
I love it!

This is really going to be easy. Every hit piece they do turns out in our favor.

I hope that they continue to run more hit pieces, and I hope they don’t figure out that they are actually helping more than hurting Ron’s campaign.

Ssshhhhhh. Don't anybody tell 'em.

Can't touch this!

Bradley in DC
06-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Hey, they spelled his name right and Jesse got in the important talking points. Obviously the reporters are bored with a slow news day. Our biggest problem is getting known and our message out--this helps with both!