PDA

View Full Version : Accepting Tyranny to Oppose Tyranny?

Anti Federalist
11-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Not to mention, air travel is only the start.

Roads, forced blood draws, roadblocks, checkpoints, trains, buses, mass transit...it is all coming under TSA domain.

Accepting Tyranny to Oppose Tyranny?

Daniel McAdams

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/accepting-tyranny-to-oppose-tyranny/

Since my attempt yesterday to relay in a stark and evocative manner the depths to which this country has sunk in destroying our personal liberties, especially the liberty to travel as we please, I have received an abnormally large number of emails containing a similar message: “It serves you right for traveling by air.” “You asked for it by using an airline, stop complaining.” “Shame on you. I would have been embarrassed to post that on LRC.”

One otherwise supporter of LRC asked, “will it take strip-searches and body-cavity-inspections of your wife & kids to stop your flying?”

So we are all required to remain at home because the government has decided to make it difficult to travel?

Ron Paul is supporting tyranny when he flies to a college campus to preach the message of liberty?

Lew Rockwell is part of the oppression machine when he takes the freedom message of the Mises Institute on the road?

And some guy and his son who must rush to the funeral of an unexpectedly departed close relative are the real enemies because they use the only mode of transportation that can get them to the funeral on time?

Isn’t the real enemy the government that so oppresses us?

invisible
11-16-2014, 09:48 PM
This crap could have been quickly nipped in the bud back in 2004 (IIRC, that is when it started) by a near-complete boycott of the airline industry. All those who had to fly somewhere for their job, quickly get another one that didn't involve travel. If you can't drive all night to get to a funeral, and have to miss it entirely, then so be it. Going on vacation? Drive across the border and fly out of Canada or Mexico. Shut it all down. Within two weeks, the airlines would have been screaming that they were going bankrupt, and demanding the abolition of the TSA. Money talks, and bullshit walks. We could have had the TSA gone within a month of it first being announced, and people simply didn't care enough to make the sacrifice necessary to protect our freedom.

KCIndy
11-16-2014, 10:58 PM
This crap could have been quickly nipped in the bud back in 2004 (IIRC, that is when it started) by a near-complete boycott of the airline industry.

Maybe.

But somehow, I get the feeling that we simply would have seen a fifty billion dollar governmental bailout of the airline industry. Planes would be flying everywhere at ten percent capacity and the Feds would be subsidizing the remainder of the cost.

Amtrack of the skies, my friends!

Wolfgang Bohringer
11-17-2014, 09:32 AM
...we simply would have seen a fifty billion dollar governmental bailout of the airline industry. Planes would be flying everywhere at ten percent capacity and the Feds would be subsidizing the remainder of the cost.

Amtrack of the skies, my friends!

That's exactly what I was thinking. And that's what they did anyway after 9/11:

those in favor of payments also asserted that the U.S. government had an obligation to compensate airlines for the drop in demand for air travel after 9/11.

http://fee.org/the_freeman/detail/the-futility-of-the-government-airline-bailout
(http://fee.org/the_freeman/detail/the-futility-of-the-government-airline-bailout)

AF's list above was incomplete:

Roads, forced blood draws, roadblocks, checkpoints, trains, buses, mass transit, and ownership of the airlines are all being folded into FedGov.

PierzStyx
11-17-2014, 09:34 AM
Oppression always comes form the masses. Jefferson was correct when he said that governments rule at the consent of the governed, perhaps more than he realized. Kings, Presidents, Dictators, they all rule or govern passed on the consent of those governed. If teh masses didn;t consent they could easily overthrow any government by mere noncompliance.

Occam's Banana
11-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Since my attempt yesterday to relay in a stark and evocative manner the depths to which this country has sunk in destroying our personal liberties, [...]

Here's the attempt to which McAdams was referring:

Helpless Against the State
https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/helpless-against-the-state/
Daniel McAdams (15 November 2014)

A man I had never seen before in my life touched my 14 year old son’s genitals today right in front of me. I was ashamed, angered, in fact saw red with fury. If my intentions at that moment had been read by some sort of brain scanning device (which is certainly being developed) I would no doubt not be at liberty to write this.

It was the most vile violation of his privacy, his person, his innocence. There was not a single thing I could do about it.

He worked for the TSA.

Pericles
11-17-2014, 02:07 PM
not flying is going to make the airline industry stop the TSA = not voting is going to make government abuse go away

DamianTV
11-17-2014, 04:09 PM
The stuff you and I are allowed to vote on is the Illusion of Choice.

We are allowed / permitted / they let us vote on things that are Trivial. Coke vs Pepsi. It is VERY rare that we ever get the chance to vote on things that do make a difference. Pot legalization for example.

Thread title inspires different ideas. Couterbalance. In Martial Arts, there are situations where it is more useful to let the opponent throw the punch with all their might, and when they do, you use their own momentum against them. The punch that doesnt land can throw them off balance. I think "accepting Tyranny" is not quite enough. It would have to be encouraged so the consequences of their Tyranny become absolutely obvious. Yes, please make EVERYTHING illegal so that when you do, you crush your own system under the weight of that enforcement. It will just bring about a downfall that much quicker, or hopefully, the powers that be realize that encouragement is intended as a trap and back the fuck off. Using strong encouragement of Tyranny can, in some situations, make the negative consequences of going too far much more obvious to the point that they get it is not a good idea. The real Tyrants arent Govt Officials or Cops, but a very small handful of dominant men. The rest of their Enforcers of Tyranny fall for their ploys. They are the Middle Men of Tyranny. Although we can not affect the minds of the men behind the curtains, the small group, we can alter the perceptions of the masses that have fallen for the proported benefits of Tyranny by pusing them in the alterante direction. Yes Mr. Police Officer, please keep pushing hard to make all guns illegal, to the point where they even take yours away, to the point where our Prison Population resorts to Shivs and every other improvised weapon to defend themselves, and where also people are more inclined to brutally attack each other because no one thinks anyone else has the ability to defend themselves. We can have Peace through Tyranny as long as their exist TWO Police Officers to monitor every citizen for every action. Make it obvious that the results will throw everything off balance and end society as we know it.

It is simple Reverse Psychology, and does not apply in every situation.