PDA

View Full Version : KY - Kentucky cops raid teenagers’ field party, kill girl who tried to escape

Anti Federalist
11-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Kentucky cops raid teenagers’ field party, kill girl who tried to escape

Deputy faces no charges after shooting girl 4 times.

Posted on November 12, 2014 by Site Staff in News

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/samantha-ramsey-shooting/

HEBRON, KY — Police charged into a darkened field trying to arrest teenagers for consuming alcohol without government permission, and killed a young woman in the process.

The deadly raid occurred in the early morning hours of Saturday, April 26th, 2014. After witnessing “cars full of juveniles” and “hear[ing] loud music and people screaming,” Boone County Sheriff’s Deputy Tyler Brockman radioed for “several patrol cars for assistance, as it seem[ed] like a large party with underage drinking was going on,” according to an official report.

Deputies responded in force and attempted to surround the party, which was taking place on a rural road in Hebron, Kentucky.

As red and blue lights approached, the teens scrambled to escape the government agents. One girl, 19-year-old Samantha Ramsey, got behind the wheel of her 2001 white Subaru, along with 3 of her friends.

Dashcam video from a police cruiser depicted the moment Ms. Ramsey, who worked as a preschool teacher, tried to escape. As her car pulled onto the street, the teen passed Boone County Sheriff’s Deputy Tyler Brockman, who can be seen clearly standing to the side of her vehicle on the driver’s side. He was shining a flashlight at her and barking orders to stop.

“…after she kept moving is when the cop jumped on top of the car and he just opened fire.”

Intent on imprisoning the girl for her beverage consumption, Deputy Brockman confronted Ms. Ramsey and tried to position himself in the forward trajectory of the vehicle.

The vehicle slid out of view just as the deputy closed in on the driver’s window; Ms. Ramsey had not stopped her vehicle. There is some dispute about events that followed, but the confrontation ended when Deputy Brockman fired four shots through the windshield, fatally striking the teen.

The shooting itself occurred off-camera, but several of the young partygoers were filmed reacting hysterically to bloody encounter; flailing arms and crying. The victim’s car ended up in a ditch and a cloud of smoke billowed forth, along with a passenger who stumbled out and collapsed onto the road.

The shooting was viewed by multiple witnesses, who disputed the officer’s report, according to LEX-18 News:

“She stopped for a second, but then she kept moving and then after she kept moving is when the cop jumped on top of the car and he just opened fire,” said Ibrahim Komate, a witness to the shooting.

“She wasn’t even going fast she was just easing along and like he jumped on top of the car,” said witness Isiah Edwards.

“We were leaving the party and the cop approached right here. As he approached the girl was trying to leave the party, and she was trying to make a turn and leave the party, and he jumped on the car. Then pulled his gun out, shot four times through the window and hit the girl,” said Josh Pitts, who also witnessed the incident.

Ms. Ramsey was struck by four bullets to the chest, ripping through her liver, spleen, and heart, as well as both of her arms as she clutched the steering wheel.

The three passengers in the car managed to survive, although Ms. Ramsey, a recent high school graduate and aspiring teacher, did not.

FOLLOW-UP:

Deputy Tyler Brockman will not face any consequences for killing Samantha Ramsey. In November 2014, a grand jury issued him a “no bill” and effectively cleared him from legal responsibility for his actions.

Brockman claimed that Ms. Ramsey tried to run him over and that he was the victim. According to his version of events, he clung to the hood of Ms. Ramsey’s car in an attempt to enforce the law upon the fleeing suspect. In doing so, he feared for his life and had to open fire with his pistol.

“The shots were fired not only to save his life, but also the pedestrians walking on the road and the officers currently just down the road initiating other arrests,” the police report stated.

Although Deputy Brockman asserted that he “had no choice” but to kill the girl, it is evident that she would be alive had the police not arrived at the party in the first place. Samantha Ramsey’s untimely death was needless; her life was taken as collateral damage in the government’s overbearing control over a beverage. Fatalities like this are guaranteed when the law encourages armed enforcers to interject themselves incessantly into the lives of citizens.

aGameOfThrones
11-16-2014, 08:54 PM
SWLOD

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Harry-Potter-Letters.gif

Mani
11-16-2014, 08:57 PM
That cop sure had fun playing hero....

Looks like he gets to put another notch on his belt for killing off bad guys...Even young female 19 year old preschool teacher bad guys...For the crime of...drinking alcohol.

tod evans
11-16-2014, 09:00 PM
Seems I recall somebody arguing that there's not a war on the citizenry taking place...

The DA in that county needs a rope!

jclay2
11-16-2014, 09:06 PM
This is exactly why in every encounter I have with a cop: My heartbeat goes to 150, I start sweating, and attempt to lick the boot that is stomping my face into the ground. Until the populace wakes up, it would be best that we stay alive and follow their orders. There is no reasoning to be done with nutjobs who open fire on kids for the "crime" of consuming alcohol.

Anti Federalist
11-16-2014, 09:07 PM
Seems I recall somebody arguing that there's not a war on the citizenry taking place...

Who says that?

Christian Liberty
11-16-2014, 09:12 PM
Who says that?

I don't think any sane person could deny that the US government is waging war on its own citizens.

Now, whether all cops are involved or only some of them, to what extent they are involved, just how systematic it is, how much the common thugs (police officers) really know about what is being done... those are all things that might be debated. But I don't think any of RPF would deny that there's a war on the populace.

Anti Federalist
11-16-2014, 09:22 PM
This is exactly why in every encounter I have with a cop: My heartbeat goes to 150, I start sweating, and attempt to lick the boot that is stomping my face into the ground. Until the populace wakes up, it would be best that we stay alive and follow their orders. There is no reasoning to be done with nutjobs who open fire on kids for the "crime" of consuming alcohol.

Well, I don't know if I'd go so far as to say "lick the boot".

But certainly, every encounter with a cop, no matter how benign, should always be treated as a deadly serious encounter with a possibly unhinged psychopath with a badge.

You should avoid these criminal lunatics at all cost.

Brian4Liberty
11-16-2014, 09:51 PM
Slight possibility of a manslaughter charge sticking here.. At the very least, a firing is in order.

oyarde
11-16-2014, 09:53 PM
Slight possibility of a manslaughter charge sticking here.. At the very least, a firing is in order.

Yeah , that is murder .

jclay2
11-16-2014, 10:00 PM
But certainly, every encounter with a cop, no matter how benign, should always be treated as a deadly serious encounter with a possibly unhinged psychopath with a badge.

You should avoid these criminal lunatics at all cost.

That is what I am getting at. When dealing with a lunatic, the scale is extremely onesided. The goal is survival. Any resistance should be well thought out and done from a place of safety where said unhinged lunatic can't unload on you without any repercussions.

staerker
11-16-2014, 10:08 PM

Sometime last year I was pulled over by a cop, at night.

While he was busy shining his flashlight into my eyes, I noticed his other little buddy in black was attempting to hide in a blind spot on the other side of my car. Waiting for me to run, or busy perving on my belongings, I don't know.

But I could tell by the look in their eyes that they wanted to serve and protect me.

PaulConventionWV
11-16-2014, 10:23 PM
There's really no justice in this world, is there? I really wish there was something I could do, but I just have to cling to the hope that their time will come.

KCIndy
11-16-2014, 10:36 PM
Hebron isn't "rural" Kentucky. Hebron is a little town right next to the Cincinnati airport on the south side of the river.

And that's a shame, really.

Because if this had been the REAL "rural Kentucky" I have a hunch the cop who committed this murder would, one day, simply fail to show up for work. And no one would ever see him again.

presence
11-16-2014, 10:44 PM
dornerfrein! dornerfrein! dornerfrein!

oyarde
11-16-2014, 10:48 PM
Hebron isn't "rural" Kentucky. Hebron is a little town right next to the Cincinnati airport on the south side of the river.

And that's a shame, really.

Because if this had been the REAL "rural Kentucky" I have a hunch the cop who committed this murder would, one day, simply fail to show up for work. And no one would ever see him again.
That is correct, because , Dad , Grandfathers, Brothers , Cousins would take care of this , same as I would .

presence
11-16-2014, 10:50 PM
this belongs here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR1jCq_VrTI

FULL: Corrupt Cop Smashes Windshield Then Arrests Driver | Argentinian Cop Jumps On a Car

fr33
11-17-2014, 12:10 AM

I've probably done that most times. If they arrest you though, keep your mouth shut rather than licking their boots. I did that twice and boy, they called me all kinds of names and said things about my mother (that they don't even know). It got ugly.

fr33
11-17-2014, 12:17 AM
The official statist response to this (I've seen this story on several subreddits) is that the woman was going to kill people by driving intoxicated so the police saved lives that night.

Weston White
11-17-2014, 03:21 AM
Regardless if a police officer or not, do not all pedestrians owe a duty to the drivers of passing vehicles to not obstruct their motion of travel? Ergo, if he was so utterly irresponsible to have actually leapt in front of a moving vehicle then that is his burden to bear not the drivers.

A. How is jumping on the hood of a moving vehicle serving to protect other pedestrians in the general area?
B. Rather than opting to jump onto the hood of the moving vehicle, was not jumping off to the side also a viable option for him?
C. Might there have been other better options available to him, including pursuing the moving non-compliant vehicle in his cruiser rather than on foot, shooting out the tires, or broadcasting a full vehicle description and DOT for approaching units to pursue?

This sounds like another instance of the police needlessly escalating a situation in order to justify their wanton use of deadly force.

She was wrong for not stopping after he jumped on the hood of the vehicle, but he was more wrong for both putting himself in that situation and moreover for having shot her (to death) due to his own idiocy.

He surely violated departmental policies in his actions, so he should be terminated, and both he and his department sued for wrongful death. Also either the state or federal government should step in for a likely civil rights violation. That is, did that man actually jump on the hood of a moving vehicle as a show of authority at all costs for but only a very minor infraction, which consequently cost another’s life to conveniently "save" is own?

Mani
11-17-2014, 04:10 AM
Regardless if a police officer or not, do not all pedestrians own a duty to the drivers of passing vehicles not obstruct their motion of travel? Ergo, if he was so utterly irresponsible to have actually leaped in front of a moving vehicle then that is his burden to bear not the drivers.

A. How is jumping on the hood of a moving vehicle serving to protect other pedestrians in the general area?
B. Rather than opting to jump onto the hood of the moving vehicle, was not jumping off to the side also a viable option for him?
C. Might there have been other better options available to him, including pursuing the moving non-compliant vehicle in his cruiser rather than on foot, shooting out the tires, or broadcasting a full vehicle description and DOT for approaching units to pursue?

This sounds like another instance of the police needlessly escalating a situation in order to justify their wanton use of deadly force.

She was wrong for not stopping after he jumped on the hood of the vehicle, but he was more wrong for both putting himself in that situation and moreover for having shot her (to death) due to his own idiocy.

He surely violated departmental policies in his actions, so he should be terminated, and both he and his department sued for wrongful death. Also either the state or federal government should step in for a likely civil rights violation. That is, did that man actually jump on the hood of a moving vehicle as a show of authority at all costs for but only a very minor infraction, which consequently cost another’s life to conveniently "save" is own?

A. Exactly. He's not protecting anyone, he's trying to be a hero.
B. He had no need to jump out of the way, because she WAS TRYING TO GO AROUND HIM.
C. cops aren't allowed to shoot tires, that's hollywood stuff. But ya, he could have called in her plates, she was not speeding away like in the movies, she just tried to get around him.

I guess you could say she was wrong for trying to go around him, when a cop tells you to stop, you comply or die. But she shouldn't be faulted for not stopping when he jumped on the hood, because the moment he jumped on the hood he fired a couple seconds later. She didn't even have a chance to stop and she was dead already while driving and I think that caused the car to fall into the ditch. The cop actually made the situation MORE DANGEROUS by killing a driver of a MOVING VEHICLE. Thus creating a car which drove out of control into a ditch. If there were other people nearby he put more lives at risk. And isn't it weird the cop and passengers weren't hurt after the car drove into the ditch?? Coz it's going slow, it wasn't a high speed getaway maniac driver like the Cop thinks it is in his delusional fantasies as he recalls the experience in his mind. If the car was driving fast and getting away and he jumped the hood and killed her, he probably would have been thrown from the vehicle and killed or injured himself when the dead driver lost control and crashed.....But since he walked away without a scratch it's pretty obvious the car was barely moving for him to jump on it, kill her, car ends up in the ditch...and he doesn't get much of a bump...So how was she a threat!? Fucking ridiculous.

I couldn't find the full video, but here's the main part:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/police-release-dash-cam-footage-scene-kentucky-deputy-shot-woman-19-death-field-party-article-1.1772647

phill4paul
11-17-2014, 05:42 AM
This case was so full of fail. Or win, depending. The state police declined to investigate because...the sheriff took longer than 125hrs. to request an investigation by them...

Boone County Sheriff Michael Helmig asked Kentucky state police on Thursday to investigate the shooting to avoid “any cloud of wrongdoing,” but state police turned down the request.

They said current policy and protocol prevented them from running the investigation because too much time – 125 hours – had passed since the fatal shooting.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/0...ideo-evidence/

Convenient, that.

And then a grand jury failed to indict. Copsuckers.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?450751-Witnesses-dispute-KY-deputy%92s-account-of-teen%92s-fatal-shooting-after-field-party

jmdrake
11-17-2014, 08:09 AM
And if white people ever decided enough of police brutality and began rioting every time something like this happened........?

phill4paul
11-17-2014, 08:18 AM
And if white people ever decided enough of police brutality and began rioting every time something like this happened........?

Riot? Hell, you can't even get a grand jury to indict.

Patrick Henry
11-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Thank goodness these heroes in blue stopped a kegger and killed a young woman in the process. This menace needs snuffed out before all over the country young folks under the legal age start throwing parties. This is unheard of. I salute you men in blue.

otherone
11-17-2014, 08:45 AM
Thank goodness these heroes in blue stopped a kegger and killed a young woman in the process. This menace needs snuffed out before all over the country young folks under the legal age start throwing parties. This is unheard of. I salute you men in blue.

Prohibition creates criminals:

http://visuals.jigglingwhisker.com/gallery2/d/5226-1/swat-team-posing.jpg

PaulConventionWV
11-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Regardless if a police officer or not, do not all pedestrians owe a duty to the drivers of passing vehicles to not obstruct their motion of travel? Ergo, if he was so utterly irresponsible to have actually leapt in front of a moving vehicle then that is his burden to bear not the drivers.

She was wrong for not stopping? Hardly. If I was being chased by a madman with a gun for consuming a beverage, I would be trying to get the hell out of there, too.

And forget civil rights lawsuits, hang his ass for murder!

Patrick Henry
11-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Yep
Prohibition creates criminals:

http://visuals.jigglingwhisker.com/gallery2/d/5226-1/swat-team-posing.jpg

Brian4Liberty
11-17-2014, 10:31 AM

Something might happen if CNN and MSNBC reported on the story 24/7 for a week, and Al Sharpton and Eric Holder had press conferences about this girl being shot.

Meanwhile, back to the ongoing coverage of Ferguson...