PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: RPB fanatics who are mocking concerned people

orion846
12-03-2007, 09:06 AM
you're NOT doing your cause any justice

you NEED those of us who want to believe but are un-decided and cautious. this blimp isn't going anywhere on the funds its currently gathering. i mean seriously, do you really think this situation will happen?

Concerned: Um i have issues with X, Y and Z

Fanatic: OMG STFU! YOU'RE INSANE! THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN!

Ex-Concerned: Holy illogical enlightment batman! I BELIEVE! HERES MY MONEY!

.... no....

we're all here because we support RP, and most of us concerned citizens will be donating plenty of our $ at his site on dec16, but if you want us to take a leap of faith here, you need to appease those of us who aren't quite as trusting as you. you NEED our money. so be smart, talk to us logically, make your point, don't drive us FURTHER away with ridiculous attack responses.

Cap'n Crunk
12-03-2007, 09:24 AM
agreed. I'm not going to donate, unless the flight plan is completely revamped. I can't get over the current plan to have the blimp in New Hampshire for 24 days. Makes no sense.

dmitri
12-03-2007, 09:36 AM
The whole idea seems like a complete waste of money to me. The most important thing to do is to TALK to people, person-to-person, to explain what RP is about. Having his name carried around by a lot of hot air (inference intended) is not something I'm going to give my money for, nor do I think it will send a good/proper message.

Having money is one thing; spending it wisely is another.

DanK
12-03-2007, 09:52 AM

you NEED those of us who want to believe but are un-decided and cautious. this blimp isn't going anywhere on the funds its currently gathering. i mean seriously, do you really think this situation will happen?

.... no....

we're all here because we support RP, and most of us concerned citizens will be donating plenty of our $ at his site on dec16, but if you want us to take a leap of faith here, you need to appease those of us who aren't quite as trusting as you. you NEED our money. so be smart, talk to us logically, make your point, don't drive us FURTHER away with ridiculous attack responses.

While there have been some responses like that, the majority have been trying to explain the reasons for the change and encourage people to vote. If people are a little intense with their encouragement sometimes... just think about how cool it would be to see that blimp in the air.

Also, you guys should try to be reasonable with your objections too. There have been at least as many people who are just like "this idea sucks because they had to make some changes" and refuse to listen to any explanations as people who flame them for objecting...

DanK
12-03-2007, 09:55 AM
The whole idea seems like a complete waste of money to me. The most important thing to do is to TALK to people, person-to-person, to explain what RP is about. Having his name carried around by a lot of hot air (inference intended) is not something I'm going to give my money for, nor do I think it will send a good/proper message.

Having money is one thing; spending it wisely is another.

You are free to have your opinion and to not support this effort, but I don't think you should dismiss it like that. Yes, talking to people in person is the way that has the greatest success rate in getting people to support RP, but there's no way people on foot can reach everyone, and many people won't listen to you if they've never heard of the candidate you're promoting. The increase in name recognition this would bring would be astronomical and invaluable to the cause...

dmitri
12-04-2007, 11:20 AM
You are free to have your opinion and to not support this effort, but I don't think you should dismiss it like that. Yes, talking to people in person is the way that has the greatest success rate in getting people to support RP, but there's no way people on foot can reach everyone, and many people won't listen to you if they've never heard of the candidate you're promoting. The increase in name recognition this would bring would be astronomical and invaluable to the cause...

I dunno... You may have a point, but just like you're saying I shouldn't "dismiss it like that", you probably shouldn't be using terms like "astronomical and invaluable" either. It just seems like the ROI with this won't be much at all. His name is known widely enough in the news these days, and how many people who don't watch the news or follow politics would just look up and see a blimp with some name on it, would go and research who that might be? Not too many, I would think. For that same money, some extra TV or radio ad time would do incomparably more to 'spread the word' IMO.

slantedview
12-04-2007, 12:00 PM
agreed. I'm not going to donate, unless the flight plan is completely revamped. I can't get over the current plan to have the blimp in New Hampshire for 24 days. Makes no sense.
tell it to the blimp folks. if you were considering making a large purchase, i'm sure they'd might consider accomidating your request.

Mark
12-04-2007, 01:21 PM

.... no....

QFT

Mark
12-04-2007, 01:24 PM
While there have been some responses like that, the majority have been trying to explain the reasons for the change and encourage people to vote. If people are a little intense with their encouragement sometimes... just think about how cool it would be to see that blimp in the air.

You missed a lot apparently.

I got attacked like crazy mad in threads, PMs, email.. none of it in a helpful way.. all hate..