PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul 2016 on SNL

jct74
11-16-2014, 10:35 AM
go to 1:20 for the shoutout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT7TkauLD2M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT7TkauLD2M

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/11/16/SNL-Envisions-Drunk-McConnell-Obama-Meeting

mwkaufman
11-16-2014, 10:46 AM
Mrs. Hillary Clinton? This is PCH. I want you to know you've won an all-expense paid trip to GETTING WHOOPED IN 2016 RAND PAUL FOREVER!

specsaregood
11-16-2014, 10:57 AM
well that was certainly encouraging.

Barrex
11-16-2014, 01:18 PM
well that certainly wasnt funny.

philipped
11-16-2014, 01:27 PM
Yeah, he's working towards starting off the new year as the front runner.

FriedChicken
11-16-2014, 01:40 PM
It always surprises me how not-funny SNL is. The idea of having a skit with Obama and McConnell drinking bourbon is great with seemingly endless opportunities for comical lines.
Then when they do the skit ... its just kinda eh.

Its a good thing in the sense it wasn't bad for him, is playing with the narrative that he has already won, and making him the guy Hillary can't beat.

... but I also think we, myself included, always take way more away from these things than we should ;)

mosquitobite
11-16-2014, 02:51 PM
It always surprises me how not-funny SNL is. The idea of having a skit with Obama and McConnell drinking bourbon is great with seemingly endless opportunities for comical lines.

Its a good thing in the sense it wasn't bad for him, is playing with the narrative that he has already won, and making him the guy Hillary can't beat.

... but I also think we, myself included, always take way more away from these things than we should ;)

I think it's because it's McConnell and he's already stated he's behind Rand Paul. Nothing more; nothing less.

TaftFan
11-16-2014, 03:25 PM
I watched this last night, but didn't catch him mentioning Rand because he said it so fast. This was the best part of the skit.

Brett85
11-16-2014, 03:37 PM

Yeah, the only very funny parts were when they mentioned Rand, and also the 1:02 mark.

alucard13mm
11-16-2014, 05:16 PM
Heh. The Rand Paul shout out is pretty funny lol. Every thing else kinda just dragged out.

CPUd
11-16-2014, 05:39 PM
SNL political skits only work if they have the right actors. The guy playing Mitch could probably do a good Jeb, but no one will beat Will Ferrell, Dana Carvey and the dude they had playing Barbara Bush.

specsaregood
11-16-2014, 05:41 PM
I liked the skit's mention of Randal. Definitely a notch above their bit with his father.

Occam's Banana
11-16-2014, 05:48 PM
I liked the skit's mention of Randal. Definitely a notch above their bit with his father.

Which one was that? I only remember their "parking garage" bit - and IMO, that one beats this one hands down ...

Xenliad
11-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Yeah, Ron shooting his would-be kidnappers can't be topped.

alucard13mm
11-16-2014, 08:09 PM
Too bad.. if you support Ron Paul or in this case Rand Paul, you will get screwed over in Hollywood or getting work in entertainment industry.

Inkblots
11-16-2014, 08:36 PM
Which one was that? I only remember their "parking garage" bit - and IMO, that one beats this one hands down ...

It certainly accurately depicted his treatment at the debates... Well, except for the kidnapping bit :)

SneakyFrenchSpy
11-16-2014, 09:38 PM
Too bad.. if you support Ron Paul or in this case Rand Paul, you will get screwed over in Hollywood or getting work in entertainment industry.

That's not entirely true. Vince Vaughn and Joe Rogan have been doing pretty well for themselves, wouldn't you say?

fr33
11-16-2014, 10:03 PM
I watched this last night, but didn't catch him mentioning Rand because he said it so fast. This was the best part of the skit.

Same here. Haven't watched SNL in years but did last night. This skit could have been a lot better. SNL is pretty bad judging by last night's show.

presence
11-16-2014, 11:41 PM
bump