PDA

View Full Version : Jim Gilmore. Owned by ron paul supporters.

RonPaulFTFW
12-03-2007, 08:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/v/DoOW_a7-SHQ&rel=1

:eek:

brogging4paul
12-03-2007, 09:00 AM
spontaneous rongasms giving me a rongasm!

smhbbag
12-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Can I get a basic summation? I'm having trouble making out the audio.

MooCowzRock
12-03-2007, 09:10 AM
OMG that was Godly....

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Hahaha that rocked.. PWNAGE

RonPaulFTFW
12-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Basically he's saying the "surge" is working and the ron paul people take over the room with cheers about ron paul and pulling out of iraq.

JWallace
12-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I can see why some people are upset with RP supporters...But that was a HOOT.

winston_blade
12-03-2007, 09:39 AM
That was not good. Act like children more, please.

Real_CaGeD
12-03-2007, 09:45 AM
That was not good. Act like children more, please.

Blade, if you fail to support the Ron Paul platform what do you support?

Your use of the term "children" really pissed me off. Watch the video, the Paul supporters are no children. I see many 40-52 year olds that look like well established Republicans to me.

If you sit silently in the corner, your will be there alone my friend.

smhbbag
12-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Your use of the term "children" really pissed me off. Watch the video, the Paul supporters are no children. I see many 40-52 year olds that look like well established Republicans to me.

He didn't say they were children. He said they acted like children. And they did.

Now, if I interact with any of these crowd members in the future, I will have to undo all the negative impressions given to them.

This isn't about anyone's 15 minutes to get internet-famous and make a fool of themselves trying to prove something to 'the man.'

We all need to grow up a bit. A bit of applause at Gilmore's line would have been entirely sufficient. This was waaaaay too much.

Pii
12-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Gilmore is discussing how the Democrats don't know what it means to achieve victory in Iraq, and then he makes a specific statement about them wanting to withdraw the troops.

At that point, the Ron Paul supporters applaud, and start chanting...

Gilmore doesn't have any choice but to stand there and take it until they subside.

You know, this event, and others like it, are fascinating to me. The recurring theme seems to be that the GOP and its Official spokesmen are there telling the local party members what it is that they should be supporting.

Whose party is this? Shouldn't the party's position(s) instead be chosen by the membership? How incredibly naive I must be...

Real_CaGeD
12-03-2007, 10:06 AM
He didn't say they were children. He said they acted like children. And they did.

Now, if I interact with any of these crowd members in the future, I will have to undo all the negative impressions given to them.

This isn't about anyone's 15 minutes to get internet-famous and make a fool of themselves trying to prove something to 'the man.'

We all need to grow up a bit. A bit of applause at Gilmore's line would have been entirely sufficient. This was waaaaay too much.

To cheer his RNC rhetoric is to say we do not support our candidates platform. This is politics not pattycake bakers man play time.

To say those that are ardently behind the Ron Paul platform should appease those that contend, is to undermine what we are here for.

mavtek
12-03-2007, 10:11 AM
I loved it! Even the old guy was like, yea I agree with that and he started clapping too!

The fogies in the front row will have to come to realize that they are old news, and we're the future, and if we're not the future then there will be no GOP.

rpfreedom08
12-03-2007, 10:16 AM
You know I think older people like it to see younger people into voting etc.. What other candidate has done this??? None, and the older people know this as well. Did you see the one guy in front that started clapping and nodding his head as if to say "they do have a good point!"

Those guys did just fine and disrupted a brainwash conference that was going on, big deal. Things are continuing to happen like this everywhere because the young energetic people out there have a fire in their eyes that can't be put out by nay sayers.

Mortikhi
12-03-2007, 10:18 AM
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

If you plan on staying silent, please move to the side while the men take the reins.

RonPaulFTFW
12-03-2007, 10:22 AM
politics are suppose to be a little rowdy.

it's not a damn funeral.

it's the way its always been.

Looks like Ghouliani got the same treatment.

http://www.ajc.com/health/content/metro/cobb/stories/2007/12/02/giuliani_1203.html

Question_Authority
12-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Polite people rarely change the world.

rpfreedom08
12-03-2007, 10:31 AM
case in point:

Hurricane Katrina on the New Orleans side and on the equally as damaged Mississippi side, witch one do you associate Katrina with?

akovacs
12-03-2007, 10:31 AM
If that's the worst the Paul supporters did, I'd say they did pretty well.

At the least, other anti-war republicans who where there and would be quiet now know that there's a candidate that will support their view.

Wilkero
12-03-2007, 10:32 AM
I don't think they were out of line. They were applauding to show approval of an idea that happened to be the opposite of the one supported by the speaker. It's not like they hijacked the entire meeting. The applause lasted (maybe) 20-30 seconds, at the most.

RonPaulFTFW
12-03-2007, 10:34 AM
imagine how politics were when the constitution was being written.

or look at the house of lords in England.

there is nothing wrong with being vocal and even rude.

It's politics.

tomcat
12-03-2007, 10:44 AM
You can hoot an holler, and squeak the wheel, but in this setting, it would have just alienated the very people you are trying to convince.

It's embarrassing to the other Repubs in the room, and they will be turned off. Should they be embarrassed? No, but they will be.

adpierce
12-03-2007, 10:48 AM
imagine how politics were when the constitution was being written.

or look at the house of lords in England.

there is nothing wrong with being vocal and even rude.

It's politics.

Good point.

Mortikhi
12-03-2007, 10:54 AM
You can hoot an holler, and squeak the wheel, but in this setting, it would have just alienated the very people you are trying to convince.

It's embarrassing to the other Repubs in the room, and they will be turned off. Should they be embarrassed? No, but they will be.
Well if you ever find yourself in such a venue, please sit there like a good little kitty while those that want to see change and actually voice it let their opinions be heard.

muabhcirk
12-03-2007, 11:26 AM
I don't think it was out of line...but I was there, waving my sign, and making a little noise ;)

There's nothing wrong with showing a little dissent. We don't need to accept everything the neocons in the GOP want us to, and they need to know that. I felt like they were trying to impose the idea that all Republicans need to tow the party line (which we apparently have no say in BTW), so I thought it was good to see this happen.

0zzy
12-03-2007, 06:40 PM
I think it was annoying.

Chase
12-03-2007, 06:52 PM
We need more of this. I believe in being polite to people, but the more and more the "mainstream" establishment tries to shut us out, the less and less I believe in sitting quietly and nodding our heads in gentle disagreement. Let's make our voices heard, and win on our sheer numbers and enthusiasm.

traitorist
12-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Well if you ever find yourself in such a venue, please sit there like a good little kitty while those that want to see change and actually voice it let their opinions be heard.

yeah, what he said.

RPFTW!
12-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Excellent video!

NewEnd
12-03-2007, 07:47 PM
awesome

BuddyRey
12-03-2007, 07:58 PM
This is awesome! We're everywhere folks, and they can't "weed us out" anymore.

Here's another rongasm for ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfpzqf3XQfo&watch_response

MozoVote
12-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Although the Marietta videos made me both cringe and laugh, these don't bother me. This was a POLITICAL gathering and a straw poll. DIFFERENT opinions SHOULD be aired.

johngr
12-03-2007, 08:08 PM
case in point:

Hurricane Katrina on the New Orleans side and on the equally as damaged Mississippi side, witch one do you associate Katrina with?

That's true but it's only because of this guy:

http://i6.tinypic.com/2iblrip.jpg