PDA

View Full Version : Solutions for opponents of the original Blimp idea..

quantized
12-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Why don't just start another blimp yourself. In fact, the more blimps we have on the sky the better. I will donate if your idea is good. This is free market. Unleash your entrepreneurial talent and Build your blimp now!

TCrage
12-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Why don't just start another blimp yourself. In fact, the more blimps we have on the sky the better. I will donate if your idea is good. This is free market. Unleash your entrepreneurial talent and Build your blimp now!

Let me use the Nov 5 mailing list and I will.

voytechs
12-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Totally agree. It would be best if you could start on west coast since we already have a blimp on the East cost. This way we hit 2 target areas. Damn this is a big country.

voytechs
12-03-2007, 08:47 AM

But lets fund the first blimp before people go on with the second blimp. If you hit up for support at the wrong time, both efforts may fail.

TCrage
12-03-2007, 08:53 AM
But lets fund the first blimp before people go on with the second blimp. If you hit up for support at the wrong time, both efforts may fail.

This one will fail. It is a PR stunt designed to promote Trevor. RP is an afterthought.

Trevor Lyman (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Transparency.php) - The man who made the This November 5th money bomb happen and had orginal concept for a Ron Paul Blimp in mid-June. Trevor will conduct most interviews with the press.

We all know without Trevor, RP would be nothing.

quantized
12-03-2007, 08:57 AM

There is a group of supporters who feel grassroot campaign efforts should be for-non-profit. So I presume the second blimp idea aims at targeting this group of donaters, therefore it should not conflict with the interest of the first blimp in a significant way..

Man from La Mancha
12-03-2007, 09:00 AM
This one will fail. It is a PR stunt designed to promote Trevor. RP is an afterthought.

Trevor Lyman (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Transparency.php) - The man who made the This November 5th money bomb happen and had orginal concept for a Ron Paul Blimp in mid-June. Trevor will conduct most interviews with the press.

We all know without Trevor, RP would be nothing.Sound like jealousy to me. I hope that Trevor PR gets so big that every talk show and radio show wants him there fore getting Ron Paul huge exposure and bigger money bombs.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

quantized
12-03-2007, 09:01 AM

This message sounds a bit like jealousy. I do not see any problem for Trevor getting some appreciation for the work he has done. If anyone is capable, let them also create a website and bring in another money bomb and he/she can get all the media attention he wants. All these jealously talk kind of rub me the wrong way.

quantized
12-03-2007, 09:06 AM

Then I guess you should ask Trevor for it. Probably you have to disclose your identity to him before he can trust you with the emails. I am not sure, you better ask him. Alternatively, you can create a website just like Trevor did.. I remember it was just a simple webpage with a simple message. Ron Paul supporters will sign up and you get the email.

DanK
12-03-2007, 10:01 AM

If you think he is being too presumptuous, you could always send him an email. They have a link for it on their site. But really, I have to agree with quantized. He brought attention to the campaign by doing things to help it. Isn't that kind of the idea?

LibertyEagle
12-03-2007, 10:20 AM
This message sounds a bit like jealousy. I do not see any problem for Trevor getting some appreciation for the work he has done. If anyone is capable, let them also create a website and bring in another money bomb and he/she can get all the media attention he wants. All these jealously talk kind of rub me the wrong way.

Oh give me a break! Someone else came up with the idea for the 11/5 fundraiser. Someone else! There were numerous offers to build websites. Trevor was just the first one to get his done. That's all. That's it. That's all he did. The success of the fundraiser was due to all the thousands upon thousands of people who marketed the event. All the videos created, Peter Schiff asking his subscribers to donate, Adam Curry promoting it day after day, all the articles written, all the message board posts all over the web, the many people who sent out emails to each and every one of Ron Paul's MySpace friends and Meetup members. And last, but not least, all the thousands of people who actually stepped up to make the donations. THAT is what made this thing successful.

To credit one individual with the success of the 11/5 fundraiser, does a great disservice to the grassroots. Why is it that you think ours was successful, when other candidates who have almost copied the same text used for ours, fell flat on their faces? Don't we always say it's because of THE MESSAGE? No other candidate has that message; only ours does. Because of that message, we are willing to do things that no other candidates' supporters are willing to do. Give our own blood to earn money to donate, pull up our entire family's stakes and move to New Hampshire to work for free for the campaign, spend our own money to buy campaign literature and signs, spend hours on end developing YouTube videos to promote the cause, quit your high paying job at Google to further Paul's chances in New Hampshire, and even stand out in the rain holding a Ron Paul sign. No, 11/5 wasn't successful because Trevor was the first one out of many who offered to build a website to support another person's idea for the fundraiser. It was successful, because we all want LIBERTY and we want it badly.

My thanks goes out to Trevor, but this grandstanding must stop. It is doing a disservice to the grassroots and in the end, is damaging the campaign.

A couple of weeks ago, all eyes were on the 12/16 fundraiser. The fervor was high, videos were being created left and right, people were talking about it EVERYWHERE. It seemed like we were on track to actually achieve the lofty goal of 10 million. Now, that has all stopped. Because of one individual, who took unilateral action then too, this fundraiser has become completely derailed.

Dr. Paul has spoken about it several times in the MSM. How we have said that it will bring in more than 11/5. Does anyone honestly think that at this point it will happen? We CAN get it back on track, but we'd better get busy. If we do not, the campaign will look as if it is on the decline. Is that what we want going into the early primaries? Remember what was achieved on 11/5. It wasn't just the money. For the first time, people actually believed that Dr. Paul COULD win. Until we got derailed, we knew we had to blow the lid off of 12/16!

C'mon people, we have to get back on track. Otherwise, this whole campaign is going to be dead in the water.

quantized
12-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Oh give me a break! Someone else came up with the idea for the 11/5 fundraiser. Someone else! There were numerous offers to build websites. Trevor was just the first one to get his done. That's all. That's it. That's all he did. The success of the fundraiser was due to all the thousands upon thousands of people who marketed the event. All the videos created, Peter Schiff asking his subscribers to donate, Adam Curry promoting it day after day, all the articles written, all the message board posts all over the web, the many people who sent out emails to each and every one of Ron Paul's MySpace friends and Meetup members. And last, but not least, all the thousands of people who actually stepped up to make the donations. THAT is what made this thing successful.

To credit one individual with the success of the 11/5 fundraiser, does a great disservice to the grassroots. Why is it that you think ours was successful, when other candidates who have almost copied the same text used for ours, fell flat on their faces? Don't we always say it's because of THE MESSAGE? No other candidate has that message; only ours does. Because of that message, we are willing to do things that no other candidates' supporters are willing to do. Give our own blood to earn money to donate, pull up our entire family's stakes and move to New Hampshire to work for free for the campaign, spend our own money to buy campaign literature and signs, spend hours on end developing YouTube videos to promote the cause, quit your high paying job at Google to further Paul's chances in New Hampshire, and even stand out in the rain holding a Ron Paul sign. No, 11/5 wasn't successful because Trevor was the first one out of many who offered to build a website to support another person's idea for the fundraiser. It was successful, because we all want LIBERTY and we want it badly.

My thanks goes out to Trevor, but this grandstanding must stop. It is doing a disservice to the grassroots and in the end, is damaging the campaign.

A couple of weeks ago, all eyes were on the 12/16 fundraiser. The fervor was high, videos were being created left and right, people were talking about it EVERYWHERE. It seemed like we were on track to actually achieve the lofty goal of 10 million. Now, that has all stopped. Because of one individual, who took unilateral action then too, this fundraiser has become completely derailed.

Dr. Paul has spoken about it several times in the MSM. How we have said that it will bring in more than 11/5. Does anyone honestly think that at this point it will happen? We CAN get it back on track, but we'd better get busy. If we do not, the campaign will look as if it is on the decline. Is that what we want going into the early primaries? Remember what was achieved on 11/5. It wasn't just the money. For the first time, people actually believed that Dr. Paul COULD win. Until we got derailed, we knew we had to blow the lid off of 12/16!

C'mon people, we have to get back on track. Otherwise, this whole campaign is going to be dead in the water.

I see your point and I find myself agreeing with what you said.

OferNave
12-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Because of one individual, who took unilateral action then too, this fundraiser has become completely derailed.

What are you talking about? There's a bit of an uproar about the structure of the blimp, but this has nothing to do with the tea party itself.

DanK
12-03-2007, 11:05 AM
No, but I think all the bickering going on here lately might disillusion some people. The good thing is that it's all confined to this blimp section, that should keep the Teaparty going strong, IMHO.

OferNave
12-03-2007, 11:35 AM
No one is getting disillusioned about the tea party itself - that would be insane. It's going great, it's gonna be huge, no matter what happens with the blimp, which is an entirely separate issue.

And I agree that it's good that the mods gave it it's own section. :)

asmartchimp
12-03-2007, 01:01 PM

+10000000