PDA

View Full Version : No more Ron Paul blogs?

dmitchell
06-27-2007, 01:04 PM
I use blogsearch.google.com to locate new Ron Paul blog posts. Usually there are new posts every few minutes, but the newest result as of right now is three hours old. Anyone else notice this? Is something nefarious happening?

PatriotOne
06-27-2007, 01:22 PM
I don't know if there is or not.

What I can tell you for sure is that there were 47,816 blogsearch.google hits for Ron Paul on June 24th. Using the same search criteria today, I am coming up with 49, 715.

My search criteria was and is:

Filters for advance search: Exact phrase: Ron Paul, Date: April 25, 2007 to June 24, 2007, Language: English

I only changed the end date to June 27th for my comparison.

MsDoodahs
06-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Does the google one search just blog post titles or inside the post text?

Brandybuck
06-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Is something nefarious happening?
Yes. it's a big plot by the NWO, AIPAC, Bilderbergers and Dick Cheney to prevent Ron Paul from becoming Emperor of the World. I understand that Norman Mineta is driving the bus.

PatriotOne
06-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Does the google one search just blog post titles or inside the post text?

It searches text also. Ron Paul is not required to be in the title.

MsDoodahs
06-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Then I must have just missed DooDah's post from last night. Hmmm.

I'll try again in a bit...

beermotor
06-27-2007, 01:54 PM
It was only doing that if you filtered by the last hour. I thought it was odd too. Maybe their thingy is broken. If you switched to within the last day you would get hits.

PatriotOne
06-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Then I must have just missed DooDah's post from last night. Hmmm.

I'll try again in a bit...

I have no idea how the blogs are tracked to come up with hits for searches. I do know that when I do my searches (as described above) that it pulls up blogs without Ron Paul in the actual title and with him in the text of the blog. Do blogs ask for tags (like YouTube video's)? Maybe that's how they pull up the results...by tags. I have NOOOOOOOOOO idea.