PDA

View Full Version : So there's only 24,000 of us?

Paulitical Correctness
12-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Let's assume that, collectively, there are 24-25 thousand net-savvy RP supporters. This number comes from the Teaparty07 subscriptions, and the steady decrease in pledges.

That's only the population of a tiny city, in a tiny state, in a tiny portion of this enormous country.

There's got to be a huge following of us, not counting internet support.

Our offline brothers need to be made aware of the Tea Party.

Please do whatever you can to invite them!

Look for signs of support, and go out of your way to notify people.

Now, around here there's absolutely no sign of support. I've never once seen a yard sign, a shirt, a bracelet...nothing.

But I know he's got a huge following in some cities, and if you see a sign in someone's yard, stop by and ask them if they're aware of the Tea Party.

RP's message not only goes viral on the internet, it spreads like wildfire to anyone introduced to it.

Do your duty!

1town
12-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Remember that actual donors on Nov 5th was twice the pledges.

But sure, there are over 70,000 members of meetup groups, aren't there? Reach out to supporters, and make sure they are down for whatever amount on dec16th. And convince non-supporters why money for teaparty is money for a better future.

JenaS62
12-03-2007, 08:41 AM
could it be that some people cannot afford $100 or are planning to donate less so they don't pledge because the pledge is for $100?

RPFTW!
12-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Best way to get the word out is call in to talk shows and CSPAN

hawkeyenick
12-03-2007, 08:43 AM
These are just the hardest of the hardcore

Typically, less than 1% donate to their candidate

ursamajor
12-03-2007, 08:50 AM
What city are you in? I was driving around yesterday (I never drive) in Atlanta, and saw three yard signs, two bumper stickers, and got at least one honk from a fellow driver. When we hold up signs on Freedom Parkway we literally get 5-10 excited honks/thumbs up, ect per minutes. I mean, hundreds of people in seeming support. Go our and hold up some signs, it will make you feel better.

curtisag
12-03-2007, 09:30 AM
You think Rudy or Mitt could get 20,000+ normal people to sign up to donate to him on a single day? No way!

Paulitical Correctness
12-03-2007, 11:28 AM
I know, it's quite amazing.

But still, there's ALWAYS room for improvement.

We shouldn't be satisfied with 20,000 pledges, even knowing the amount of donors will more than likely be double that.

Continue to spread the word.

Only Paul support I've seen here was a "Google Ron Paul" sign in the back of an old beat up truck, right next to every "white trash" bumper sticker you could think of. I didn't see it in person, but someone had taken a picture of it while protesting a klan meeting that took place.

I mean, I guess any support is good support, but I personally despise those mongrels.

Yes, my state is sad.

qwerty
12-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Contact 80.000 Meetup Members And 90.0000 Myspace Friends Now!

Paulitical Correctness
12-03-2007, 11:36 AM
I do remember getting four or five messages on Myspace on the days leading up to Nov. 5th.

Is anyone organizing an effort to do the same for the 16th?

Should we start something here? Like claim page numbers on his friend list to contact about it?

RPatTheBeach
12-03-2007, 11:58 AM
I will more than likely be making a donation, of $100 if not more, but I refuse to sign up on some web page to confirm I am doing so.

RonPaulRocksMyWorld
12-03-2007, 12:04 PM
I will more than likely be making a donation, of $100 if not more, but I refuse to sign up on some web page to confirm I am doing so.

I have a feeling there are many people like this. And that's fine I hope 24,000 sign up and 70,000+ donate. Viva la rEVOLution!

yongrel
12-03-2007, 12:06 PM
I do remember getting four or five messages on Myspace on the days leading up to Nov. 5th.

Is anyone organizing an effort to do the same for the 16th?

Should we start something here? Like claim page numbers on his friend list to contact about it?

Absolutely! I forget who lead the effort leading up to the 5th, but I'd wager it was beneficial to the fund raising for the day.

I'd be willing to help another myspace drive.

mconder
12-03-2007, 12:08 PM

That means that of the 37,000 who donated on November 5th, there are 3,663,000 supporters out there that could be convinced to donate. If all of them would donate just $10 we would slay.

Paulitical Correctness
12-03-2007, 12:11 PM

That means that of the 37,000 who donated on November 5th, there are 3,663,000 supporters out there that could be convinced to donate. If all of them would donate just $10 we would slay.

That's what I'm saying. Just because we've got 20,000 pledges doesn't mean we can afford to become complacent.

It's exactly what I do more often than I should in college. Get comfortable with my mediocre grades assuming I can pick up the slack near the end, when in reality I should be giving 110% from start to finish. :mad:

fxmercenary
12-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Teaparty07.com has over 24,000 pledges so far. I think the most important thing is to get word out OFFLINE. Make some signs, tell people. So whatever you can

boberino
12-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Just as an example, my mom is going to vote for him and won't ever donate.

I also know that my step-father's parents would never donate to any campaign no matter who they voted for because they are from the depression generation and hold on to every cent they possibly can.

Paulitical Correctness
12-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Just as an example, my mom is going to vote for him and won't ever donate.

I also know that my step-father's parents would never donate to any campaign no matter who they voted for because they are from the depression generation and hold on to every cent they possibly can.

Ask your step-father's parents if they would bail you out of jail. If the answer is yes, then ask them if it's because they love you. If the answer is yes, then ask them if they love their country. If the answer is yes, then tell them the time to bail their country out is NOW.

john_anderson_ii
12-03-2007, 12:22 PM
A couple of co workers are going to donate, but they don't know if they can afford the full $100, so they didn't pledge it. They said they are going to donate what they can, but they don't want to promise $100 and only be able to deliver $50.

JenH88
12-03-2007, 12:29 PM
could it be that some people cannot afford $100 or are planning to donate less so they don't pledge because the pledge is for $100?

Yup, lots of them...

SaratogaForRonPaul
12-03-2007, 12:31 PM
I agree with Paulitical Correctness, the drive to recruit the 80,000 MySpace supporters is probably what lead to a great success on November 5th. Making a concerted effort to contact these people again is a great idea.

Revolution9
12-03-2007, 01:37 PM
What city are you in? I was driving around yesterday (I never drive) in Atlanta, and saw three yard signs, two bumper stickers, and got at least one honk from a fellow driver. When we hold up signs on Freedom Parkway we literally get 5-10 excited honks/thumbs up, ect per minutes. I mean, hundreds of people in seeming support. Go our and hold up some signs, it will make you feel better.

Hi ursamajor.. Which one are you? I am the Tricorn hat and riding boots guy with the flag.. We get alot of honks and excitement for sure when we are out there..

Best
randy

Blowback
12-03-2007, 01:43 PM
I know a lot of people who will most likely donate on 12/16 but haven't suscribed. That's just some people's style. No worries, there are a lot more of us then you think.

I would have estimated it at around 6,000 (bare minimum) to 25,000 back in April/May when this whole thing really go started. I would put Ron Paul supporters now in the 400,000 to millions range. Not everyone donates, not everyone signs up at TeaParty.

ckhagen
12-03-2007, 01:59 PM

Same here. We live in NW Florida and there are signs that have been put up that have not been put up by anyone in our meetup. There have been stickers on cars that we don't know the people who own them. And when we sign wave we end up saying all the time "omg, if everyone who honked and gave us a thumbs up votes for him, we're going to win!!" The people on the forums do NOT represent the average RP supporter IMO. We're the hardcore, self-sacrificing supporters. For every one of us there are at least 5 people who will vote for him, no doubt.

Minuteman
12-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Im sure alot of people are like me. I dont do pledges. When the day arrives i'll do my donation, i dont need to assure someone in advance that I will.

iloveronpaul
12-03-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm sure there are more than the pledges. For example, of the two people I know will donate on the 16th I was only convince one to pledge.

On top of that I know there are people like me who will be giving more than $100. :)

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-03-2007, 02:39 PM

That's what I did on 11/5.

(I will be donating a full $100 on 12/16, though :))

jake
12-03-2007, 02:41 PM
who was in charge of the nov 5th myspace effort? please step up and help us do it again for dec. 16th..

Revolutn
12-03-2007, 02:44 PM
I consider myself pretty darn hard-core and I gave on the 5th but I did NOT sign up at the pledge site.

I didn't know who at that point Trevor was or want my e-mail address collected by anyone external to the official campaign donation process.

The thisnovember5th.com website had some 18k pledges, however the campaign received just contributions from just over 38K individual donors, that's more than 2x's the registered pledges, and one would have to suspect that we've reached additional people as a result of the media coverage over the 5th.

So, if we have 24k registered pledges and the ratio holds similar this time around we can expect about 50,640 individual donations to come in.

Hopefully we'll have an even higher ratio with the greater MSM exposure.

I know for example I finally got a few extended family members interested and at least one solid pledge to donate on the 16th, but they're not gonna be signing up on teaparty07.com or any other site for that matter.

And....no I still am not 'pledging'.

I don't pledge.
I just do.

Rev

Austin
12-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Lord Xar, didn't the campaign send out an email on November 5th, encouraging people to donate?

November 5, 2007

Is it possible to comprehend what we've done today? Earth-shattering, jaw-dropping... No matter which way you phrase it, Ron Paul is for real.

Over $3,800,000 raised.

More than 35,000 total donations.

1 message - and 1 candidate - unlike any other.

Can we keep our momentum going? The most successful fundraising day ever is John Kerry's $5.7 million. And that was on the day he accepted the Democratic nomination.

Let's do it: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

Jonathan Bydlak
Fundraising Director
Ron Paul 2008

hellah10
12-03-2007, 03:26 PM
alot of people wont put in their email address.... people simply dont have time either - they will just take 2 minutes out of their day to donate and get on with their business...

alot of RP supporters are not as hard core as us... so 24,000 is not a bad thing