PDA

View Full Version : Syria 'Hero Boy' Video Revealed to be Government Propaganda

Suzanimal
11-14-2014, 05:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgwO6oni-wY

A dramatic video clip showing a young boy heroically rescuing a young girl amid a hail of gunfire in Syria has racked up millions of YouTube viewings and has been trending heavily on other social media platforms.

The mainstream media jumped on the video as evidence of the absolute depravity of the Assad regime. What kind of monster purposely targets children?

Wrote the International Business Times:

The incident certainly is not the first time that Pro-Assad gunmen have targeted children in the nearly four years of the bloody civil war in Syria.

Liz Sly, the Washington Post Beirut bureau chief covering Syria, Lebanon, Iraq -- and presumably an expert in the area? -- promoted the video on her Twitter page, adding "wow" in her comments. Sly's reporting consistently agitates for more US involvement in Syria on the side of the rebels, her anti-Assad bias is solidly established.

Then the "experts" chimed in. According to the London Daily Telegraph (article since consigned to the memory hole), the experts have "confirmed the authenticity" of the video.

One problem: it was a fake. The Norweigan Film Institute, funded by the government of NATO-member Norway, chipped in $30,000 for the film to be produced in Malta and released publicly without informing viewers that it was not authentic footage.

The filmmakers made it clear to the Norwegian government in their funding application that they would not reveal that the footage was fake and authorities raised no objection to the operation.

The BBC wrote about how so many people were fooled by the film:

So once the film was made, how did it go viral? "It was posted to our YouTube account a few weeks ago but the algorithm told us it was not going to trend," Klevberg said. "So we deleted that and re-posted it." The filmmakers say they added the word "hero" to the new headline and tried to send it out to people on Twitter to start a conversation.

By the time its inauthenticity had been established, millions were outraged at the Assad government. Propaganda depends on framing the issue first. No one reads corrections once a false story is printed.

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2014/november/14/syria-hero-boy-video-revealed-to-be-government-propaganda/

alucard13mm
11-14-2014, 05:07 PM
No child can take a hit from a 5.56 or 7.62 round right in the chest and stand back up, pull a girl away in a fast walk.

Funny how people see this as real.

enhanced_deficit
11-14-2014, 05:11 PM
Won't be surprised to see news next that dd invites the hero to WH for meeting.

Suzanimal
11-14-2014, 05:14 PM
No child can take a hit from a 5.56 or 7.62 round right in the chest and stand back up, pull a girl away in a fast walk.

Funny how people see this as real.

I thought it was.:o I didn't think he was hit, I thought he was faking getting hit to rescue his sister.

juleswin
11-14-2014, 05:29 PM
That was awful acting. I could have done a much better job that I been enlisted. I hope the director of this trash doesn't plan on quitting his/her day job any time soon.

Now this is what the Syrian Arab army does to terrorists. Be warned, the video is very real and very graphic. Watch for the luckiest terrorist escape @ 1:15 - 1:20 in the video, nobody would have believed it if it had it been done in a hollywood movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNXXHgYG5wA

AngryCanadian
11-14-2014, 08:00 PM
The Way the boy falls is an example of acting, Oh and yeah snipers never miss there target, so for those defending the boy by claiming that the boy tricked the sniper, thats comical lol.

Miss Annie
11-14-2014, 08:11 PM
I just thought the boy was trying to fake out the snipers that he was hit so they would stop shooting so he could get the girl. LOL

dannno
11-14-2014, 08:23 PM
My first hint would have been how they kept yelling, "Allah, Allah Achbar!!!" every time they started shooting.... do they really do that??

Miss Annie
11-14-2014, 08:58 PM
My first hint would have been how they kept yelling, "Allah, Allah Achbar!!!" every time they started shooting.... do they really do that??

Yes, actually they do.

AngryCanadian
11-14-2014, 11:14 PM
I just thought the boy was trying to fake out the snipers that he was hit so they would stop shooting so he could get the girl. LOL

Why you think snipers are known as Marksman? its because they dont miss nor have emotions to do the job.

GunnyFreedom
11-14-2014, 11:22 PM
Why you think snipers are known as Marksman? its because they dont miss nor have emotions to do the job.

Snipers are less likely to miss than the average shooter, but they certainly do still miss. Particularly on moving targets, and particularly when the snipers are not well trained or have substandard equipment.

Snipers in Afghanistan miss all the time.

kcchiefs6465
11-14-2014, 11:55 PM
Snipers are less likely to miss than the average shooter, but they certainly do still miss. Particularly on moving targets, and particularly when the snipers are not well trained or have substandard equipment.

Snipers in Afghanistan miss all the time.
Yeah, but this isn't a James Bond movie.

Video was fake af from the time it was released. One thing the internet seemed to agree about from most every comment I've read.

specsaregood
11-15-2014, 12:00 AM
Yes, actually they do.

got a lot of experience hanging out with muslims as they are shooting people do you?

GunnyFreedom
11-15-2014, 12:03 AM
Yeah, but this isn't a James Bond movie.

Video was fake af from the time it was released. One thing the internet seemed to agree about from most every comment I've read.

Yeah, I wasn't addressing the video, just the idea that "Snipers don't miss." Snipers sure as heck do miss. Some classes/categories of snipers are less likely to miss than others. If we assume that the video was real for the sake of argument, the class of sniper that would have been represented in the video, is exactly the class of sniper most likely to miss.

GunnyFreedom
11-15-2014, 12:06 AM
got a lot of experience hanging out with muslims as they are shooting people do you?

Well, the videos that the extremists shoot of themselves they always do that, so I'd say it's fairly common amongst that set. It remains possible that they are doing so because they know they are being recorded and are putting on their Mosque face for the camera.

specsaregood
11-15-2014, 12:08 AM
Well, the videos that the extremists shoot of themselves they always do that, so I'd say it's fairly common amongst that set. It remains possible that they are doing so because they know they are being recorded and are putting on their Mosque face for the camera.

I've seen other videos, this one was taken to the extreme like a parody. Sounded like babbling baboons, it was my first tip off that it was fake.

kcchiefs6465
11-15-2014, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I wasn't addressing the video, just the idea that "Snipers don't miss." Snipers sure as heck do miss. Some classes/categories of snipers are less likely to miss than others. If we assume that the video was real for the sake of argument, the class of sniper that would have been represented in the video, is exactly the class of sniper most likely to miss.
The whole video was ridiculous.

When you have the people of these common media websites overwhelmingly saying it's the fakest shit they've ever seen... I mean it says something.

Star Wars-esque.

Anyone could shoot better. The absurdity of the video is up there with catapulting cars landing flawlessly and driving for the getaway. If not more.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-15-2014, 12:54 AM
I saw another video where the director of this video gets his head sawed off.

GunnyFreedom
11-15-2014, 01:11 AM
The whole video was ridiculous.

When you have the people of these common media websites overwhelmingly saying it's the fakest shit they've ever seen... I mean it says something.

Star Wars-esque.

Anyone could shoot better. The absurdity of the video is up there with catapulting cars landing flawlessly and driving for the getaway. If not more.
In certainly not defending the video, I'm just saying that the statement "Snipers don't miss" is both quantitatively and qualitatively untrue. My only point to bring up the video was simply to say IF it were real, then these particular snipers are exactly the ones who would be most likely to miss.

I do not recall there being a delay between the alleged bullet impact and the rifle report, which would put the alleged shooter at very close range, lending credence to the argument that the shooter(s) ought not to have missed.

AngryCanadian
11-15-2014, 01:45 AM
Funny how every news outlets like CBC and FOX news didn't decide to show this news report.

juleswin
11-15-2014, 06:31 AM

That is actually the only authentic thing about the video. The rebels and I mean rebels especially yell allah akbar and takbir time they are shooting or being shot at. It to the point where they are being made fun of on liveleak.com for only knowing two words. Yelling allah akbar aka snack baring and takbir aka take beer. You only see the incessant yelling of these two words from the rebel side and you never hear the SAA, Hezbollah or other anti rebel militia units behaving the same way.

Just a behind scene video of the whole performance if anyone is still have any lingering doubt about the authenticity of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQxI16xa-zE

pcosmar
11-15-2014, 07:21 AM
Who produced it..? Was this another SITE production?

vita3
11-15-2014, 07:23 AM
Liz Sly, the Washington Post Beirut bureau chief covering Syria, Lebanon, Iraq --

I have been following her anti-Syrian Gov propoganda for about a year. She is a serious shill & repeated liar.

Suzanimal
11-15-2014, 07:31 AM
Who produced it..? Was this another SITE production?

vvv

The Norweigan Film Institute, funded by the government of NATO-member Norway, chipped in $30,000 for the film to be produced in Malta and released publicly without informing viewers that it was not authentic footage.

The filmmakers made it clear to the Norwegian government in their funding application that they would not reveal that the footage was fake and authorities raised no objection to the operation.

osan
11-15-2014, 08:10 AM
What the hell? The kid is hit, center of mass, falls as if dead, then suddenly is up and running as if he'd just awakened from a good night's sleep?

Look, nobody esteems the intelligence of the Meaner lower than do I, but even the average idiot cannot take this seriously.

Fuck Norway, this coming from someone who grew up in a Norwegian household and whose first spoken language was Norwegian.