PDA

View Full Version : Three Republicans Vote Against Boehner For Speaker In Voice Vote

TaftFan
11-14-2014, 03:08 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/13/three-republicans-vote-against-boehner-for-speaker-in-voice-vote/

"He faced early opposition Thursday from three members of his caucus: Florida Rep. Ted Yoho and two new Reps.-elect, Barry Loudermilk and Jody Hice, both of Georgia."

Miss Annie
11-14-2014, 03:56 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/13/three-republicans-vote-against-boehner-for-speaker-in-voice-vote/

"He faced early opposition Thursday from three members of his caucus: Florida Rep. Ted Yoho and two new Reps.-elect, Barry Loudermilk and Jody Hice, both of Georgia."

Yea for GA!! :D

nobody's_hero
11-14-2014, 04:17 PM
Oh the GA GOP establishment hates those two. Jody Hice is a bit of a . . . character. He's like Paul Broun, only more eccentric at times. Probably a bit too religious for some here, but he'd be one you can count on to be his own man, which is the real reason they can't stand him. And if the establishment hates him, I like him.

I don't know as much about Loudermilk. And, I don't really know where either of them stand on foreign policy.

nobody's_hero
11-14-2014, 04:20 PM
And I get terrible virus warnings from dailycaller, BTW.

satchelmcqueen
11-14-2014, 05:45 PM
good. the day boehner is out, is a day ill count as a small victory. "and the ayes have it!"

nobody's_hero
11-15-2014, 07:31 AM
good. the day boehner is out, is a day ill count as a small victory. "and the ayes have it!"

I have a feeling the job is Boehner's for as long as he wants it. There aren't enough people with back bones to oppose him. And when the do oppose him, a stern kick in the rear seems to put them back in line.

DP714
11-15-2014, 09:32 AM
Oh the GA GOP establishment hates those two. Jody Hice is a bit of a . . . character. He's like Paul Broun, only more eccentric at times. Probably a bit too religious for some here, but he'd be one you can count on to be his own man, which is the real reason they can't stand him. And if the establishment hates him, I like him.

I don't know as much about Loudermilk. And, I don't really know where either of them stand on foreign policy.

Yup...A "Character" he is. Most of the hate he gets though is for reasons unrelated to politics. Like Broun, the guy has a tendency to say certain things which don't sit well with people outside of his district. The man is a hardcore Christian, and I have no doubt that he would be pushing socially conservative legislation (aka trying to legislate morality) at the state level, but at the Federal level, he won't. Watch his voting record be even more Constitutional than Broun's, yet he's going to be catching flack left and right for voicing some unpopular "hardcore Christian" views. As a non-Christian libertarian, I have never been offended with what he has had to say, but some people just can't stomach it for no good reason. I'm glad he is in a safe district and is unlikely to be kicked out next election, even if he is primary'd.

presence
11-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Florida Rep. Ted Yoho and two new Reps.-elect, Barry Loudermilk and Jody Hice, both of Georgia."

I suspect they'll all lose committee assignments.