PDA

View Full Version : Obama was in Room With Gruber When Cadillac Tax Lie Was Created & CBO Numbers were Fudged

AuH20
11-14-2014, 09:36 AM
They just keep getting caught.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/11/smoking-gun-video-jonathan-gruber-admitted-obama-was-in-the-room-when-cadillac-tax-lie-was-created/

AuH20
11-14-2014, 09:38 AM
I think this sums up why this country is nearly unsalvageable.

GG • 18 hours ago

The truth is coming out and that's great.
The real problem is nearly half the population of the United States want the lies. Its lies that get them what they want. Without the lies their world implodes.

I am hoping enough truth comes out it creates a snowball effect that the media can't ignore any longer.
Of course the whole truth will reveal them as accomplices to all this so they have a huge reason to ignore it all.

surf
11-14-2014, 11:09 AM
part of this whole "coming out" kerfuffle is about this asshole calling voters "idiots".

i'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around calling the "public" idiots when it was congress that theoretically wrote this legislation and approved it.

is this what they refer to as "professional courtesy"?

roho76
11-14-2014, 12:10 PM
part of this whole "coming out" kerfuffle is about this asshole calling voters "idiots".

i'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around calling the "public" idiots when it was congress that theoretically wrote this legislation and approved it.

is this what they refer to as "professional courtesy"?

The collective as a whole being called "idiots" I disagree with but there was a large enough percentage of the population clamoring for this no matter what was in it at least that's the picture the media painted and that's all that matters.

AuH20
11-14-2014, 12:31 PM
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/11/boom-gruber-white-house-meeting-included-cbo-director-obama-robert-gibbs/

Who else was in that meeting with Gruber and Obama?
According to ABC, everyone.

” In addition to the president and Elmendorf, present in the meeting were White House officials such as Assistant to the President for Legislative Affairs Phil Schiliro, Director of the White House Office of Health Reform Nancy-Ann DeParle, Office of Management and Budget director Peter Orszag (a former CBO director himself), National Economic Council Director Larry Summers, chair of the Council of Economic Advisers Christy Romer, senior adviser David Axelrod, and press secretary Robert Gibbs.

Others were there as well, including Department of Health and Human Services adviser Meena Seshamani, Harvard University economist David Cutler and Alice Rivlin of the Brookings Institute, who was founding director of CBO from 1975-1983.

AuH20
11-14-2014, 12:34 PM
http://dailysignal.com/2014/11/14/fifth-video-emerges-showing-gruber-mocking-man-worried-about-obamacare/

Remember this? Not so crazy or unsophisticated in retrospect...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPnxG0IUKTo

As Gruber sits listening, the committee chair reads a comment from a Vermonter who expresses concern that the economist’s plan might lead to “ballooning costs, increased taxes and bureaucratic outrages,” among other things.

After hearing the Vermonter’s worries, Gruber responds, “Was this written by my adolescent children by any chance?”

The remark was met with uproarious laughter.

I'm sold. These people needed to be stuffed into refrigerators and dropped in the drink.

Contrary to Gruber’s snarky insult, the comment was not written by an adolescent.

“It was actually written by a former senior policy adviser in the White House who knew something about health care systems,” said John McClaughry, a two-term Vermont state senator and adviser to President Ronald Reagan in the 1980s.

“No one should trust this man,” McClaughry said. “Based on the rest of the stuff that’s come out on the videos, nobody can trust this guy. He has no use for transparency. He thinks people are stupid, and he’ll do anything to get this thing through and pocket his $400,000. That’s not in the interest of the people of Vermont.”

brushfire
11-14-2014, 12:35 PM
Every arrogant a-hole politician has a bunch of idiot voters to complain about.

Valli6
11-14-2014, 01:41 PM
Gruber helped craft Massachusetts Universal Healthcare too:

“The dirty secret in Massachusetts is the Feds paid for our bill.
“We had a pretty powerful senator you may have heard of named Ted Kennedy,”
”Ted Kennedy had managed to figure out a way to rip off the federal Medicaid program to the tune of about $500 million a year.”
Video (1 hour 15mins long) soundcloud.com/simmons-cas/health-care-reform-in-the-u-s

enhanced_deficit
11-14-2014, 05:43 PM
Lets wait till all facts come out.

NorfolkPCSolutions
11-14-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm proud to be an American today.

So proud.

smh

enhanced_deficit
11-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Gruber scandal is spreading like wild fire and may unravel SWCcare.

oyarde
11-15-2014, 11:26 AM
I would expect nothing less .

puppetmaster
11-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Hang them.

Anti Federalist
11-15-2014, 03:19 PM
You're not voting hard enough

Carlybee
11-15-2014, 03:21 PM
So will there be an official inquiry?

Anti Federalist
11-15-2014, 03:32 PM
The real problem is nearly half the population of the United States want the lies. Its lies that get them what they want. Without the lies their world implodes.
Nearly half?

Well over half I'm afraid.

Anti Federalist
11-15-2014, 03:33 PM
http://www.reddirtreport.com/sites/default/files/field/image/tar%20and%20feather.jpg

Paulbot99
11-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Nearly half?

If I ever needed proof that there was an evil entity beguiling the world's peoples and controlling governments, this is it.

Or, I haven't spent enough time reading the news lately.

RonPaulIsGreat
11-15-2014, 08:34 PM
I blame the indians, if they had only fought a little harder, we would not have this government, DAMN you native americans, it's all your fault.

AuH20
11-16-2014, 12:52 AM
Nearly half?

We're definitely in the 60s. heh.

H. E. Panqui
11-18-2014, 07:43 AM
...sounds like stinking Romney (who local hero Rand endorsed! :eek:...) was in a few rooms with Gruber too!..are we still tarring and feathering?..(count me in!!) ;)

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44854320/ns/politics-decision_2012/t/white-house-used-mitt-romney-health-care-law-blueprint-federal-law/#.VGtJw_nF8mc

".....The role of Gruber could complicate the Romney campaign’s efforts to address the issue. An economist who specializes in health-care issues, he was hired by the Romney’s administration as a consultant and asked to run computer models on the costs of various approaches to extending health-care coverage. He told NBC News he attended one meeting with Romney in which the then governor forcefully insisted on including a controversial provision that some of his political advisers were wary about: the “individual mandate” that would require everybody in the state to purchase health insurance or face a tax penalty.
The same provision has since become the most contentious feature of Obama’s Affordable Care Act.
“This was a big decision to be made and Governor Romney clearly stated that he believed without an individual mandate healthy people could just free ride on the system,” Gruber said of Romney’s decision.
Connection played down
Romney aides have recently tried to suggest that Gruber was not a true adviser to Romney and did not play a big role in shaping the law. But Gruber was personally recognized by Romney for his role when he signed the health-care bill into law and was later appointed by Romney as a board member to the Connector Authority. (He also was given a photograph of the signing ceremony personally signed by Romney that read: “Jonathan, with deep appreciation and congratulations. A Triumph! Mitt Romney.")
Gruber now says he is “proud” of Romney for “sticking up for what he did in Massachusetts” but is “disappointed” about his current efforts to make distinctions between the state law and the Affordable Care Act.
(He also noted that the Massachusetts law didn’t require any increase in taxes only because it received federal health-care funds that defrayed the costs of the new law.)
Romney is “the father of health-care reform,” said Gruber. “I think he is the single person most responsible for health care reform in the United States. … I’m not trying to make a political position or a political statement, I honestly feel that way. If Mitt Romney had not stood up for this reform in Massachusetts … I don’t think it would have happened nationally. So I think he really is the guy with whom it all starts.”

Working Poor
11-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Lets wait till all facts come out.

Is that the same as saying we have to pass it so we can see what's in it?

FunkBuddha
11-18-2014, 09:57 AM
Can we start calling it Gruber-care? Because that just sounds funny.

Grenadine
11-18-2014, 10:56 AM
If this all had come to light a month ago I think the GOP could have picked up more Senate seats like Virginia and New Hampshire!