PDA

View Full Version : Mitch McConnell unanimously reelected Senate Republican leader

RonPaulFanInGA
11-13-2014, 09:55 AM
https://twitter.com/adambeam/status/532915599136260096

Sen. Mitch McConnell has been unanimously re-elected as Republican leader, his staff says

Brett85
11-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Hmmm. I thought Cruz said that he wasn't going to support McConnell?

CaptUSA
11-13-2014, 11:29 AM

Cruz says a lot of things.

William Tell
11-13-2014, 11:41 AM

There went his chance to fire up his base against Rand.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-13-2014, 12:22 PM

It's almost as if Cruz is more talk than action...

MrGoose
11-13-2014, 01:20 PM
Ted Cruz really rustles my jimmies...

Zippyjuan
11-13-2014, 02:16 PM
Nobody ran against him. He was the only choice.

Brett85
11-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Nobody ran against him. He was the only choice.

I figured Cruz would run against him, the way he was talking. :)

Zippyjuan
11-13-2014, 02:36 PM
He does like to talk- doesn't he? Like many pols seems to say whatever he thinks his current audience wants to hear.

twomp
11-13-2014, 02:57 PM

LOL Ted Cruz...

TaftFan
11-13-2014, 06:05 PM
nevermind

Aratus
11-13-2014, 09:01 PM
Barack Obama is now feeling like the typical lame duck president.

surf
11-13-2014, 09:40 PM
well, here's hoping that Mitch realizes he owes Rand and will let Rand's "agenda" get some airtime (and, to keep me from feeling totally embarrassed about having an R by my name, don't let Lindsay or McWar speak... at all).

Coolidge/Dawes '24
11-14-2014, 04:43 AM

No, he refused to give a conclusive, yes-or-no answer to the question because he hadn't made a decision yet. Unfortunately, there wasn't really time to vet anybody, so even conservative Republicans (many of whom don't have the seniority or experience to challenge him) had little choice. Remember that he's only been in the Senate two years, so there's no way he would have been able to penetrate the hierarchical and longevity-based system there. Personally, I think the whole process is bullshit, because the longer someone's been in the Senate, the less principled they tend to be. So we're pretty much stuck with Republican Jimmy Stewart. Gah.

H. E. Panqui
11-14-2014, 06:49 AM
SURELY, the best 2016 presidential nominee for the stinking Republican Party inc. will be a Governor. Any/ALL of the current stinking Republican Party Inc. federal politicians have already exposed themselves as Red @ssed Baboons in 'the federal realm'..the stinking Republicans will be smart to nominate someone who has never made a 'federal vote'..they can make believe their new puppet candidate is 'something new'..:rolleyes:...not like 'the rest'...some new 50 'dollar' haircut on a 5 dollar head who can look right into that camera..."i love and care about you all so very much...i'm not like the others...your check is in the mail...i'll only put the head in, honey...:D

...as PT Barnum once said, 'There's a [Republicrat] born every minute.'

GunnyFreedom
11-14-2014, 07:01 AM

Cruz says a lot of things.

^^^ That.

I will never understand how/why many elements of the Tea Party and the Christian Right prefer people who say the right things and do the wrong things over people who say the right things less persuasively, but go on and do the right things. It's like the SoCon Teas and the Christian Right prefer 'pretty liars' over 'plain truth-tellers.' Considering that Jesus Christ specifically preferred 'plain truth-tellers' over 'pretty liars,' I'm wondering how THAT will go over for them at the Judgement Seat....