PDA

View Full Version : Hm. Postage.

jmii
12-03-2007, 07:31 AM
XX

rs3515
12-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Have you talked with a local meetup group?

fortilite
12-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Yeah, try asking a meet up group if they can stamp them.

literatim
12-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Non-profit stamp?

If this was apart of a PAC, we could be labeled non-profit.

I am basically doing the number of letters I can afford. I would happily write more if I could find a way to get postage.

therealjjj77
12-05-2007, 12:35 AM
There are certain envelopes that come with credit card offers that you can cover up their address and put the address you want. Postage paid for if mailed in the U.S. =o

McDermit
12-05-2007, 12:55 AM
There are certain envelopes that come with credit card offers that you can cover up their address and put the address you want. Postage paid for if mailed in the U.S. =o

No, you can't.

First off, I'm pretty sure it's a felony.

And any postage-prepaid mailers have a permit number on them. That permit number is provided by USPS. Along with the permit, the company files a list of addresses for which the permit is valid. If the address isn't on the list, your mail will likely never reach the recipient.

Any attempt at doing this will reflect VERY poorly on the campaign.

literatim
12-05-2007, 01:48 AM
Anyone want to donate stamps to me? :)

Chester Copperpot
12-05-2007, 01:51 AM
So, how are you guys paying for postage?

Here at Purdue, (Purdue Students for Ron Paul), we are attempting to use the free mailing stamp since we are a non-profit. I hope it works, because all the letters I've written will be expensive if it doesn't.

Free mailing stamp? What the hell is that?

rs3515
12-05-2007, 03:33 AM

Absolutely do not do this. If people are really hard up for stamps, just talk to your local meetup group and try to figure out what's possible.