PDA

View Full Version : What would your Agenda be if you were Running for President or Other Offices?

lx43
11-11-2014, 08:38 PM
With Rand most probably running for the President I've been pondering what my campaign theme would be if I ran for office. My agenda would be restoring freedom. Being that I have no faith in Congress in passing any reduction in the size of the govt. I would create an army of rebels fighting for smaller govt by promising to Pardon anyone who wants to opt-out from pay federal income taxes, capital gains tax, FICA taxes, corporate income taxes if they promise to forgo any govt assistance (ie social security, medicare, welfare, education loans, housing assistance). Think about if you ask the average person what they would cut from the federal budget they would be hard press to come up with anything to cut but I've been conducting an experiment (although I admit not scientific at all) asking the person if they would be willing to cut the size of govt dramatically if they would no longer have to pay federal income, capital gains, FICA. When you give someone the option to opt-out they can find a lot of cut when they can keep their own money.

Here are the reasons I would justify pardoning people from paying taxes:

1. A person's right to property they earned should ALWAYS trump some elected officials right to vote to to take it away. A govt that is able to steal even 1/2% percent of someone's income or property violates the very definition of a free people.
2. 98% of what the govt does violates the power given to it under the constitution.
3. People should have the right to tell the govt to fuck off whenever they want as long as their not committing a crime against someone else.
4. No elected official should ever be able to put anyone into debt. Debt is a form of slavery.
5. Elected officials that do not read the very bills they pass should never become law. If you have to obey the law the least they could do is read the damn things. This right here would cause 90% of the laws passed to be repealed.

Ok that is what I would run on.

I ask what would your agenda be.

otherone
11-11-2014, 08:49 PM
a return to the gold standard.

Christian Liberty
11-11-2014, 08:54 PM
I'd pardon anyone who committed any "victimless crime" including anyone who defended himself from enforcement of a law against a "victimless crime".

That includes tax evasion.

kcchiefs6465
11-11-2014, 09:14 PM
3. People should have the right to tell the govt to fuck off whenever they want as long as their not committing a crime against someone else.

HVACTech
11-11-2014, 09:22 PM

people do have that "right" .. unless of course, the government says that they do not.

if corporations are people, why are governments not people too? :)

green73
11-11-2014, 09:23 PM
ffs

jkr
11-11-2014, 09:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3gfMakdlHo

Ender
11-11-2014, 09:31 PM
What would your Agrenda be if you were Running for President or Other Offices?

FREEDOM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLCEUpIg8rE

green73
11-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Total takeover of the world

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1iehvJaXk1qgne7qo1_500.gif

phill4paul
11-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Never go full agenda....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MRykTpw1RQ

Anti Federalist
11-11-2014, 10:17 PM
With Rand most probably running for the President I've been pondering what my campaign theme would be if I ran for office. My agenda would be restoring freedom.

And you'd lose.

Badly.

You see, we are all in a tiny echo chamber of a decidedly minority opinion.

Most people do not want freedom and will actively fight against anyone trying to achieve it for themselves or for them.

People want three things:

To be fed.

To be entertained.

To boss around their fellow man just slightly more than they are being bossed around.

Anti Federalist
11-11-2014, 10:18 PM
////

Carlybee
11-11-2014, 10:19 PM
Kick everybody out except me. I'm sort of anti social. :)

VIDEODROME
11-11-2014, 10:47 PM
Mostly unwinding the Warfare state. We are never going to Westernize the fucking Middle East. If we want their Oil just fucking pay for it. If the terms of buying their Oil aren't agreeable, we just need to look elsewhere including domestically.

Stop trying to pick Winners and Losers in the economy. No business is To Big To Fail or in others words be propped up and making the rank & file pay for it. I'd adopt policies more like Iceland regarding reckless acts from executives in the financial sector and have them fined or jailed. Confiscated assets would be used to help victims of financial fraud. Also, something about the way companies traded on the stock market always seeking to maximize share prices no matter what it takes needs to be looked into or adjusted.

Nominate Ron Paul for Fed Chairman lolz.

Shrink or cancel many departments: Energy, Education, the FCC assholes.

A law that says Police can't possess weapons that civilians can't have. If the average person can't own it, it is banned from the armory.

Get government out of Marriage. Period.

Get government out of Religion through the Tax system. Fuck that shit. I want Religions to speak freely without concern of the IRS coming to penalize them.

End the Income Tax. I'm interested in alternatives like a Progressive Consumption Tax, but would consider other plans. I know around here many say there should be no taxes at all, but I'm not sure how else government would be funded. Maybe after the budget and debt is tackled, things could run on minimal Excise Taxes or something.

tangent4ronpaul
11-11-2014, 11:47 PM
There would be an artificially introduced shortage of pink paper and high explosives...

-t

FunkBuddha
11-12-2014, 01:36 AM
I'd run for governor of Tennessee. My campaign theme would be rerouting the Mississippi River around the east side of Memphis making it part of Arkansas.

I would then give the rest of west Tennessee that drains into the Mississippi river to the state of Mississippi.

Nashville and the rest of the plateau dwelling hipsters would join Kentucky.

After that, I would make a plea to the good, civilized folk of the Tennessee River Basin to secede from these United States and form a new country with clean water, energy (and meth? )being our primary export. Those numbnuts in and around Atlanta would buy the water up.

We would Incentivise building out a fiber plant all through the valley along with huge multi tenant datacenters and push to become the next Silicon Valley(except with power and water).

There would also be massive permaculture projects to improve agricultural diversity. Eco villages would be built to attract the California types to come and work.

Oh, wait, you said campaign theme... I guess I got carried away.

I forgot to mention that the water and energy exports would be used to fund a railway that would ride over the top and/or underneath the Tennessee River.

VIDEODROME
11-12-2014, 08:39 AM
Michigan should be 2 states.

lx43
11-12-2014, 07:29 PM
And you'd lose.

Badly.

You see, we are all in a tiny echo chamber of a decidedly minority opinion.

Most people do not want freedom and will actively fight against anyone trying to achieve it for themselves or for them.

People want three things:

To be fed.

To be entertained.

To boss around their fellow man just slightly more than they are being bossed around.

The reason I suggested allowing people to opt-out by Pardoning is I think you would have a lot of people who pay taxes want out. Less say you start out with 500,000 opting out, then 1 Million the next year, 4 Million the third year, and so forth. I believe that would grow dramatically as they see more people opt out should something like that really did happen. You'd then have a growing block of people who oppose having their money confiscated and would oppose large govt.

Sadly your probably right. Someone who openly proposes that idea would be demonized by the establishment.

How then do you suggest we take freedom back? I'm at a loss now and discouraged with the slow progress the liberty movement is making in getting into govt to shrink it.

thoughtomator
11-12-2014, 07:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc

idiom
11-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Who is funding my hypothetical run? Ask them.