PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Reveals Serious Health Problems

Coolidge/Dawes '24
11-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Article here (http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/glenn-beck-reveals-serious-health-problems_b245568).

http://i.picresize.com/images/2014/11/10/O3LgD.jpg

On TheBlaze this evening, Glenn Beck revealed he has been battling a serious neurological illness that even the best medical professionals couldn't quite diagnose. Beck says doctors told him he had 5-10 years, after which he would not be able to function. He started having seizures.

"My hands, feet, arms and legs feel like someone had just crushed them, or pushed broken glass into my feet," Beck says about the intense bouts of pain. "The doctors tell me I haven't had REM sleep in as much as a decade."

Beck says he has dealt with the pain for years. "While I was at Fox, the pain would get so bad that the crew worked out hand signals so they would know when to take the camera off of me." Beck says doctors looked for adrenal fatigue and macular dystrophy. He also had vocal chord issues. "We even looked into whether someone was poisoning me," he says. "We moved to a warmer climate. Yes, this is one of the reasons we moved to Dallas."

"My doctors thought if I stayed in New York City, I wouldn't be alive today."

Still, the symptoms persisted. "Most afternoons my hands will start to shake, or my hands and feet will curl up. When it gets real bad, my friends try to uncurl me."

"I was told by doctors to take a year off. This is the network you built," he told his audience in the often tearful 40-minute revelation. "That would not happen."

Beck turned a corner this summer. He says with hormone therapy, a brain research center which happens to be 3 minutes away from his Dallas studio, and, most importantly, his faith in God, he has "a clean bill of health."

"My brain is back on line in a big way," he says. Beck took a TBI (traumatic brain injury) test at the end of the summer and scored 90% capacity. When he'd taken the test last year, he was in the bottom 10%.

Natural Citizen
11-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Dang. That's a shame. At least he's doing better.

otherone
11-10-2014, 07:03 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6xW7iHMhen9yn_v8K4w7NeDXTBZxWa AK3Re4dqRA8S0ClFQ5g

Dr.3D
11-10-2014, 07:04 PM
I think he should have tried smoking pot.

torchbearer
11-10-2014, 07:06 PM
the odd and even year Becks makes more sense now.

RJB
11-10-2014, 07:13 PM
“For Clear Channel? Why Glenn Beck, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. . . but for Clear Channel!”

cajuncocoa
11-10-2014, 07:16 PM
He's said stuff like this before. I don't remember how long ago it was, at least a few years by now, but he claimed he was going blind.

phill4paul
11-10-2014, 07:34 PM
http://thelibertytree.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/beck-crying1.jpg

brushfire
11-10-2014, 07:36 PM
He's said stuff like this before. I don't remember how long ago it was, at least a few years by now, but he claimed he was going blind.

It was probably 4 years ago already - maybe more. He was still on fox and had those black rimmed glasses. He wept about how all he loved to do is read. Really a strange fellow. Regardless of his situations, his a$$ still needs to be snowballed.

...and that's all I gotta say about thaayuut /gump

phill4paul
11-10-2014, 07:37 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?462792-Virus-that-makes-humans-more-stupid-discovered

TaftFan
11-10-2014, 08:01 PM
Thankful he is doing better.

phill4paul
11-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Thankful he is doing better.

Better than what? A pile of dog shit?

brushfire
11-10-2014, 08:04 PM

Crikey mate, take it easy.

TaftFan
11-10-2014, 08:06 PM

Wish I could neg rep you again. Someone do it for me. Only losers attack people for being ill.

Without Beck, many of the great liberty candidates would not have gotten exposure. Let me guess, you think Beck is fake but take Alex Jones seriously.

sparebulb
11-10-2014, 08:07 PM
The article started off well. I didn't like the ending.

Hey Glennn buddy, you think maybe a guilty conscience might be what's keeping you up at night?

Don't go to sleep Glennn......

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnMu1K7eb1agRzkmNMFMcqIyRM_ucPT 2hiAou4EoKpOWjbiQBw4X71Lk4

phill4paul
11-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Crikey mate, take it easy.

When he publicly apologizes to Ron Paul, begs for forgiveness from him and those that tried to get him elected for being a treacherous snake in the grass I might, might, consider it. F*ck Beck. My memory is not so short that I don't know who he is and what he is about.

phill4paul
11-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Wish I could neg rep you again. Someone do it for me. Only losers attack people for being ill.

Without Beck, many of the great liberty candidates would not have gotten exposure. Let me guess, you think Beck is fake but take Alex Jones seriously.

He's not ill. He is a charlatan. Bring all the neg reps you want. F*ck Beck.

amy31416
11-10-2014, 08:15 PM

How dare you! Dog shit can sort of be useful as compost for non-edible plants.

cajuncocoa
11-10-2014, 08:26 PM
I gave you a +rep to offset what must be the most ridiculous neg rep ever given. F*ck Beck indeed.

RJB
11-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Actually adrenal fatigue it's a sign that he has a human heart somewhere. I always wonder about those who sell their souls who live healthy lives into their 80s and 90s.

Until he apologizes for calling the only sane man running for president in 2008,"The mayor of crazy town" for that entire year, and bad mouthing Ron Paul anytime he started to gain traction, I'll never forget what a snake he is. I hope his tens of millions of dollars is worth living with a guilty conscience.

The article started off well. I didn't like the ending.

Hey Glennn buddy, you think maybe a guilty conscience might be what's keeping you up at night?

Don't go to sleep Glennn......

http://kindertrauma.com/images/movies/dreamscape2.jpg

ctiger2
11-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Another thing Cannabis oil would probably cure.

TaftFan
11-10-2014, 08:32 PM
I gave you a +rep to offset what must be the most ridiculous neg rep ever given. F*ck Beck indeed.

Actually you gave it to me. "Did Taft boy really neg rep you for insulting Glenn Beck? Good grief."

LMAO right now.

amy31416
11-10-2014, 08:33 PM

Without Beck, some may have actually been elected. I can't recall her name right now, but there was a person running for office in Texas that he totally steamrolled by implying that she was a conspiracy theorist--and she could have won. He's a shill, a creep and a drama queen.

TaftFan
11-10-2014, 08:35 PM
"Beck isn't sick because I don't like him."

Some people are seriously stupid.

TaftFan
11-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Without Beck, some may have actually been elected. I can't recall her name right now, but there was a person running for office in Texas that he totally steamrolled by implying that she was a conspiracy theorist--and she could have won. He's a shill, a creep and a drama queen.
It was partly Beck's fault, but mostly her's for not being clear on conspiracy theories. Beck gave liberty candidates national platforms this past year.

amy31416
11-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Actually you gave it to me. "Did Taft boy really neg rep you for insulting Glenn Beck? Good grief."

LMAO right now.

No worries, I gave him +rep.

I'm not trying to hate on you--but you're all kinds of wrong about Beck. He's a backstabber, and I know that because I've been watching him for years and saw what he did and said in 2008.

amy31416
11-10-2014, 08:38 PM
It was partly Beck's fault, but mostly her's for not being clear on conspiracy theories. Beck gave liberty candidates national platforms this past year.

Yes. It was partially her fault. But how do you explain his negative comments on Ron Paul?

sparebulb
11-10-2014, 08:39 PM

I'd drop some more +rep on you if I could.

Neg-rep is the tool of a tool.

Some hall is missing their monitor right now.

RJB
11-10-2014, 08:40 PM
Without Beck, some may have actually been elected.

Debra Medina.

cajuncocoa
11-10-2014, 08:44 PM

LMAO right now.
Enjoy the gift and thank you for calling it to my attention.

NIU Students for Liberty
11-10-2014, 08:44 PM

In a race that included Ron Paul, Beck was a cheerleader for Rick Santorum. Rick. Fucking. San. Tor. Um.

TaftFan
11-10-2014, 08:45 PM
Yes. It was partially her fault. But how do you explain his negative comments on Ron Paul?

Probably because he doesn't completely agree with him on foreign policy, and didn't like the way Paul stated his views. Beck has been nicer to Paul recently than he was years ago. Talking heads say a lot of stuff they might not say in a speech.

As for his comments about Ron Paul supporters, considering the crazies like to send in hate mail, and the fact that some have threatened his life, I wouldn't have a high opinion of them either if I was him.

brushfire
11-10-2014, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't mind pushing him down a flight of stairs when nobody's looking, but I would hope that he makes it to the very bottom without injury.

Seriously, I don't like Beck in the least, but I'm not going to take pleasure in his poor health. That's just not how we should be, IMO.

NIU Students for Liberty
11-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Probably because he doesn't completely agree with him on foreign policy, and didn't like the way Paul stated his views.

If Beck doesn't agree with peace, he doesn't agree with "liberty".

William Tell
11-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Debra Medina.

I can never forgive him for that, the scumbag had the nerve to move here and now calls himself a Texan. He's dog poop.

TaftFan
11-10-2014, 08:50 PM
If Beck doesn't agree with peace, he doesn't agree with "liberty".

Strawman. Most people who disagree with Paul's foreign policy are not bloodthirsty, they believe that their policies are what will keep Americans safe and at a greater peace than otherwise.

Paul supporters are excellent at understanding the perspective of terrorists, but unfortunately many are unable to understand the perspectives of fellow Americans.

Dr.3D
11-10-2014, 08:51 PM
It only bothers me when I get it on my shoes.

RJB
11-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Yes. It was partially her fault.

I disagree. If you listen to the way he led up saying he knew nothing about her (which implies he's a political idiot or a liar). Then he says he was inundated with mail saying she's a truther. (I call BS on that claim.)

To me her tone sounded like she was just dumbfounded at the stupidity of the question. Then the way he spun it after he hung up... I hope he enjoyed his 30 pieces of silver from Clear Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9FPc6vVx84

brushfire
11-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Paul supporters are excellent at understanding the perspective of terrorists, but unfortunately many are unable to understand the perspectives of fellow Americans.

What's unfortunate about the American perspective, is that it is tainted by the likes of Beck. Beck goes into fantastic detail on various things, but he's inconsistent in providing the big picture - that is deliberate, and intended to influence the perspective that favors the establishment republicans.

donnay
11-10-2014, 09:00 PM
Actually adrenal fatigue it's a sign that he has a human heart somewhere. I always wonder about those who sell their souls who live healthy lives into their 80s and 90s.

Until he apologizes for calling the only sane man running for president in 2008,"The mayor of crazy town" for that entire year, and bad mouthing Ron Paul anytime he started to gain traction, I'll never forget what a snake he is. I hope his tens of millions of dollars is worth living with a guilty conscience.

Yeah I believe he called us terrorists.

I do not wish any ill fate for Glenn, he could still repent and leave the dark side--no one has committed the unforgivable sin yet. He knows we are not terrorists and he knows, deep in his heart that Ron Paul was a man of honor and integrity.

Where did that 30 pieces of silver get Judas?

sparebulb
11-10-2014, 09:00 PM

Fail

Fail

Fail

amy31416
11-10-2014, 09:06 PM
I disagree. If you listen to the way he led up saying he knew nothing about her (which implies he's a political idiot or a liar). Then he says he was inundated with mail saying she's a truther. (I call BS on that claim.)

To me her tone sounded like she was just dumbfounded at the stupidity of the question. Then the way he spun it after he hung up... I hope he enjoyed his 30 pieces of silver from Clear Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9FPc6vVx84

Well, can't say if I stand corrected or not since I can't watch videos right now. But I do appreciate your opinion on that situation since I don't recall all the specifics of it.

Henry Rogue
11-10-2014, 09:08 PM
My guess is parasites or he's just making it up.

TaftFan
11-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Fail

Fail

Fail
While not uniform across the movement, it is the case for a great deal of people. I suppose the truth hurts.

amy31416
11-10-2014, 09:12 PM
Strawman. Most people who disagree with Paul's foreign policy are not bloodthirsty, they believe that their policies are what will keep Americans safe and at a greater peace than otherwise.

Have you analyzed why you think that of us? If so, what are your conclusions?

otherone
11-10-2014, 09:37 PM

huh. I was thinking that my fellow Americans trade my Liberty for their perception of safety.
Is this close?

trey4sports
11-10-2014, 09:42 PM
I'm glad to hear he is doing better now. To be honest, part of me thinks he's probably a bit of a drama queen.

TaftFan
11-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Have you analyzed why you think that of us? If so, what are your conclusions?
The same reason those who can understand the perspectives of their fellow Americans but not terrorists think that way-selective hearing is the best tool for backing up deeply held beliefs.

amy31416
11-10-2014, 10:00 PM
The same reason those who can understand the perspectives of their fellow Americans but not terrorists think that way-selective hearing is the best tool for backing up deeply held beliefs.

Perhaps you haven't considered that the founding fathers of this country were (and are) considered terrorists. Perhaps you haven't considered that I know perspectives of many of my fellow Americans that are in line with them.

What are these "deeply held beliefs" that you have such an issue with?

Carlybee
11-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Fck that manipulative jerk. I have never forgiven him for being the Iraq War cheerleader. I also think he's a nut job.

Danke
11-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Alex Jones actually respects many of his positions. But he realizes what he has gone through.

Glen loves diet drinks full of Aspartame, it is eating his brain. So AJ has been giving him some slack for that.

To me he is a bit wishy washy. But a little waking up his audience here and there isn't a bad thing.

AngryCanadian
11-10-2014, 10:26 PM
His an Actor, acting like his ill is in his job title if ratings start going down.

Brett85
11-10-2014, 10:41 PM
What absolutely awful comments posted on this thread. I hope that many of you choose to repent, accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, and start loving other people and treating them with respect.

Coolidge/Dawes '24
11-10-2014, 11:01 PM
What's unfortunate about the American perspective, is that it is tainted by the likes of Beck. Beck goes into fantastic detail on various things, but he's inconsistent in providing the big picture - that is deliberate, and intended to influence the perspective that favors the establishment republicans.

Establishment Republicans? Have you ever heard of a little hashtag called #DefundtheGOP? His support of Matt Bevin over Mitch McConnell? His support of Milton Wolf over Pat Roberts, Steve Stockman over John Cornyn, J.D. Winteregg over John Boehner, and Chris McDaniel over Thad Cochran - all of whom he had on his show repeatedly? Did you listen to his fiery denunciations of John McCain, Bill Kristol, Peter King, and Lindsey Graham during the Rand Paul filibuster? Are you aware that he called Rubio a Marxist piece of garbage? Did you hear his sober reflection on the 2014 midterms, saying that while it might have been a good night for Republicans, it wasn't a good night for the country? Are you aware that he's gunning for Rand Paul and Ted Cruz for President over Jeb Bush and Chris Christie, who he repeatedly rails against? Clearly, you need to listen to his show more often, because if you did, you wouldn't have made such a clumsy statement.

brushfire
11-10-2014, 11:11 PM
Establishment Republicans? Have you ever heard of a little hashtag called #DefundtheGOP? His support of Matt Bevin over Mitch McConnell? His support of Milton Wolf over Pat Roberts, Steve Stockman over John Cornyn, J.D. Winteregg over John Boehner, and Chris McDaniel over Thad Cochran - all of whom he had on his show repeatedly? Did you listen to his fiery denunciations of John McCain, Bill Kristol, Peter King, and Lindsey Graham during the Rand Paul filibuster? Are you aware that he called Rubio a Marxist piece of garbage? Did you hear his sober reflection on the 2014 midterms, saying that while it might have been a good night for Republicans, it wasn't a good night for the country? Are you aware that he's gunning for Rand Paul and Ted Cruz for President over Jeb Bush and Chris Christie, who he repeatedly rails against? Clearly, you need to listen to his show more often, because if you did, you wouldn't have made such a clumsy statement.

Thank you, I'm fully aware of who beck has on his show. Here's where it counts - I'd be interested in hearing a defense for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dec9SceFmJc

amy31416
11-10-2014, 11:24 PM
What absolutely awful comments posted on this thread. I hope that many of you choose to repent, accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, and start loving other people and treating them with respect.

Seriously? :p

He had my respect at one point, then he lost it because of his actions. I generally start with a certain level of respect for people, then calibrate it after knowing what they're about. Did the same with Rachel Maddow. She sucks too--bet you wouldn't complain about people being meanies to her.

phill4paul
11-11-2014, 01:03 AM
Wish I could neg rep you again. Someone do it for me.

Lol. The unintended consequence of being a shill for Beck's Thimblerig.

Positive reps: 11
Neg reps:2

heavenlyboy34
11-11-2014, 01:04 AM
I pray he recovers soon and fully. At some point, he will be judged for realz. That's none of my business. I have my own opinion, but this is one of those very rare occasions I don't care to speak ill of someone behind their back. (until he gets better or a specific reason for criticism comes up, of course)

thoughtomator
11-11-2014, 02:00 AM
Beck is a drama queen and if you think this is anything other than attention whoring, you're an idiot.

anaconda
11-11-2014, 02:43 AM
I don't wish Glenn ill, but I simply cannot take anything he says seriously anymore.

John F Kennedy III
11-11-2014, 04:01 AM
We can't say fuck anymore?

FUCK that.

enhanced_deficit
11-11-2014, 04:05 AM
Article here (http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/glenn-beck-reveals-serious-health-problems_b245568).

http://i.picresize.com/images/2014/11/10/O3LgD.jpg

On TheBlaze this evening, Glenn Beck revealed he has been battling a serious neurological illness that even the best medical professionals couldn't quite diagnose. Beck says doctors told him he had 5-10 years, after which he would not be able to function. He started having seizures.

"My hands, feet, arms and legs feel like someone had just crushed them, or pushed broken glass into my feet," Beck says about the intense bouts of pain. "The doctors tell me I haven't had REM sleep in as much as a decade."

Beck says he has dealt with the pain for years. "While I was at Fox, the pain would get so bad that the crew worked out hand signals so they would know when to take the camera off of me." Beck says doctors looked for adrenal fatigue and macular dystrophy. He also had vocal chord issues. "We even looked into whether someone was poisoning me," he says. "We moved to a warmer climate. Yes, this is one of the reasons we moved to Dallas."

"My doctors thought if I stayed in New York City, I wouldn't be alive today."

Still, the symptoms persisted. "Most afternoons my hands will start to shake, or my hands and feet will curl up. When it gets real bad, my friends try to uncurl me."

"I was told by doctors to take a year off. This is the network you built," he told his audience in the often tearful 40-minute revelation. "That would not happen."

Beck turned a corner this summer. He says with hormone therapy, a brain research center which happens to be 3 minutes away from his Dallas studio, and, most importantly, his faith in God, he has "a clean bill of health."

"My brain is back on line in a big way," he says. Beck took a TBI (traumatic brain injury) test at the end of the summer and scored 90% capacity. When he'd taken the test last year, he was in the bottom 10%.

He has tried to help others, particularly children of Iraq, during his days at Fox. Hopefully those childrens' prayers will bring him peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPgztL1W1hk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPgztL1W1hk

John F Kennedy III
11-11-2014, 04:24 AM
Why isn'the he blind yet?

It was like early 2011 he said that.

FloralScent
11-11-2014, 07:39 AM
Sorry, I just can't muster any sympathy for my political enemies, especially the one's who pretend to be my friend right up until the moment where it counts...Fuck Beck.

Brett85
11-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Seriously? :p

He had my respect at one point, then he lost it because of his actions. I generally start with a certain level of respect for people, then calibrate it after knowing what they're about. Did the same with Rachel Maddow. She sucks too--bet you wouldn't complain about people being meanies to her.

I don't care. I wouldn't wish ill health on my worst enemy. That's really even worse than hoping that someone dies.

FloralScent
11-11-2014, 08:04 AM
I don't care. I wouldn't wish ill health on my worst enemy.

I wish ill health on all of my enemies.

Brett85
11-11-2014, 08:16 AM
I wish ill health on all of my enemies.

That's why I said that I hope you and others repent and turn to God, turn to a Biblical world view.

Matthew 5:44

"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

mosquitobite
11-11-2014, 08:19 AM
I don't wish Glenn ill, but I simply cannot take anything he says seriously anymore.

This.

Scripture says we should pray for BLESSINGS for our enemies. I therefore don't like to wish illness on anyone.

But I have a hard time believing this snake oil salesman after his many lies. He is indeed a serpent. And anyone who can't see that is still deceived.

brushfire
11-11-2014, 08:20 AM
We can't say fuck anymore?

FUCK that.

What?

I choose to mask some of my swearing as a courtesy to the forum. Its not good SEO to be black listed. Probably too late as far as RPF is concerned, but I am not contributing, and I dont mind the effort.

Nobody has corrected my language or asked me to talk a certain way - its just something I do for respect, if that makes sense. Respectfully swearing :)

phill4paul
11-11-2014, 08:21 AM
I don't care. I wouldn't wish ill health on my worst enemy. That's really even worse than hoping that someone dies.

He's a hypochondriacal exhibitionist. Anything for ratings.

1994 Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder/alcoholism, drug abuse

2008 Hospital Horror http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/3502/

2009 EMERGENCY appendectomy http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/808276-glenn-beck-had-emergency-appendectomy-yesterday-9.html

2010 Macular dystrophy http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/213858/Glenn-Becks-Macular-Dystrophy-Serious-but-Unlikely-to-Cause-Blindness

2011 small fiber neuropathy http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/13/glenn-beck-talks-about-me_n_761408.html

March 2014 Glenn Beck’s Docs Really Wrecked His Day: ‘Well, Basically, You Are Being Poisoned’ http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/20/glenn-becks-doctors-give-him-alarming-news-you-are-being-poisoned/

And he is a Beckstabber.

acptulsa
11-11-2014, 08:24 AM

Uh huh. And Beck reinforces and takes full advantage of that, which not only damages the functioning of the American Republic by failing to give those in charge (We, the People) the information to do our job correctly, but damages it further by convincing us we actually are getting some useful information.

Which makes Beck an insidious enemy to the republic.

And would you say that to someone you heard doubting the veracity of the Boy Who Cried Wolf? Because you won't prove Beck isn't just using the Jewish Mother Hypochondria Manipulation by me.

The big difference I see between Beck and Limbaugh is Limbaugh actually does appear to be deaf as a post...

erowe1
11-11-2014, 08:28 AM
Hey guys, this is serious! Glenn Beck even cried about it!

RJB
11-11-2014, 08:28 AM

I don't wish ill health on him, but this is what happens to someone with a conscience who is paid to lie on a daily basis. If he is sick I do wish him well.

There is also my suspicion of him for his history of histrionics (drama queen). Yes, I get suspicious of a "man" who spends a whole day with show prep. Sits in a make up chair for a spell. Again goes over the show prep. Goes in front of the camera. Jokes a bit, then gets to the heart wrenching matter and then spontaneously bursts into "tears" as the camera comes in for a close up just in time for a commercial break. He cried so bankers could get a bail out for crying out loud!

FloralScent
11-11-2014, 08:29 AM
That's why I said that I hope you and others repent and turn to God, turn to a Biblical world view.

I respect your beliefs, I just don't share them.

RJB
11-11-2014, 08:31 AM
Who needs gimmicks? Anyone for moron trivia :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJkxBLgd5Hs

sparebulb
11-11-2014, 08:37 AM
I respect your beliefs, I just don't share them.

Are those really his beliefs, or is he just fomenting derision?

I believe the latter.

pcosmar
11-11-2014, 08:39 AM

He wasn't attacking him for being Ill.. but for being a backstabbing propagandist.

and for me,, may his illness (if it is not another lie) take him quickly so we don't have to put up with him any longer.

amy31416
11-11-2014, 08:49 AM

I don't wish him any more ills than he already has. In fact, I hope he "sees the light," so to speak.

COpatriot
11-11-2014, 08:57 AM
If this is true, then all I can say is don't ever do drugs.

I have to take it with a grain of salt though because this guy is a master manipulator and a serial liar. Andrew Breitbart figured this guy out and it's a shame he wasn't able to expose him to more people before he died.

RJB
11-11-2014, 08:57 AM
I'll make one more post and then I'll duck out.

I work in the health-care industry and see similar issues. Usually I have a lot more compassion. I was wondering why I was reacting in such a way.

I think because this parallels when the comedian Andy Kaufmann came down with lung cancer. It was hard to determine what was real and what was shtick.

Then it further breaks down to, Kaufmann's misdirection was in the name of humor. Beck's misdirection is done to stop our country from righting itself when it has the chance.

cajuncocoa
11-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Yeah I believe he called us terrorists.

I do not wish any ill fate for Glenn, he could still repent and leave the dark side--no one has committed the unforgivable sin yet. He knows we are not terrorists and he knows, deep in his heart that Ron Paul was a man of honor and integrity.

Where did that 30 pieces of silver get Judas?
My views are in line with yours on this, donnay.

acptulsa
11-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Then it further breaks down to, Kaufmann's misdirection was in the name of humor. Beck's misdirection is done to stop our country from righting itself when it has the chance.

I'm having real difficulty spreading the rep around fast enough this morning to give you the share you're earning.

brushfire
11-11-2014, 09:16 AM
I'm having real difficulty spreading the rep around fast enough this morning to give you the share you're earning.

The quote was actually RJ's. rep sent

acptulsa
11-11-2014, 09:23 AM
The quote was actually RJ's. rep sent

Thank you.

I didn't modify that quote until I fixed it just now. The forum is acting a little screwy.

Christian Liberty
11-11-2014, 09:27 AM

When you say "people" do you mean your average joe on the street? Or are you talking about high level politicians who oppose Ron Paul's foreign policy as well?

If the latter, yes, I agree, that is what they think, which makes them idiots. If the latter... not really...

If true Christians can advocate bombing the crap out of the middle east I think they can say stuff like this as well.

I'm going to be honest. I don't wish anything but the worst on mass murdering politicians. That may be a sin but I still feel that way. Honestly, I think that's LESS of a sin than wishing death on Ted Bundy or the like.

Mind you, Glenn Beck is just a radio show host and not actually a politician. That might be an important distinction for you, and if so, good job. But I just decided to comment on this, because I think if you changed "Glenn Beck" to "Barack Obama" a lot of people would still have said the same thing you said.

I hope Glenn gets better. I also hope he accepts Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior (Mormons are not Christians.) And I hope he moves in our direction, whether he has in the past or not...

Christian Liberty
11-11-2014, 09:33 AM
I pray he recovers soon and fully. At some point, he will be judged for realz. That's none of my business. I have my own opinion, but this is one of those very rare occasions I don't care to speak ill of someone behind their back. (until he gets better or a specific reason for criticism comes up, of course)

More or less this...

RonPaulFanInGA
11-11-2014, 10:07 AM

Wednesday, May 30, 2012: Beck claimed he had muscular dystrophy, a genetic disease that causes progressive blindness, and that he would go blind within a year.

William Tell
11-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Beck is a drama queen and if you think this is anything other than attention whoring, you're an idiot.

I tend to agree, I don't know if he has ever said a sincere word in his career. His credibility is shot.

William Tell
11-11-2014, 10:17 AM
If true Christians can advocate bombing the crap out of the middle east I think they can say stuff like this as well.

Well said, FF, I agree on that part.

jonhowe
11-11-2014, 10:20 AM
"Beck isn't sick because I don't like him."

Some people are seriously stupid.

Beck is a known liar.
Beck has lied about health issues before.

Here are his claims:
Beck claims he was not diagnosed with any disease (his doctors could not diagnose it, you see. Makes it very hard for someone to prove anything either way).
Beck claims the disease he was not diagnosed with was incurable and would kill him in 5-10 years. Because doctors will tell you 5-10 years when they don't know what the disease is... right.
Beck claims the disease he was not diagnosed (which was incurable) was cured by God.
Beck uses this story to promote his newest book about pivot points.

Do the damn math!

erowe1
11-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Wednesday, May 30, 2012: Beck claimed he had muscular dystrophy, a genetic disease that causes progressive blindness, and that he would go blind within a year.

link?

JK/SEA
11-11-2014, 10:35 AM

just curious. Have you exclusive access to the lying fuck tards medical records?.....anyone?...

till that time comes where Glen is brain dead.......i will be a doubting thomas...

and yes....AJ has far more credibilty than Beck......

also...if i get neg repped. i will give one back...i have 11 point neg power.....go for it.

acptulsa
11-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Beck is a known liar.

Do the damn math!

Don't hold your breath.

Propagandists hate math. And any other subject where the correctness of the answer is open to interpretation.

Of course, the math here is mighty axiomatic. Limbaugh got attention by going deaf, and since that time Beck has contracted and failed to expire from a succession of fatal diseases.

And God has yet to call Oral Roberts home, too.

Dianne
11-11-2014, 10:48 AM

I agree. Fluk Glenn Beck

donnay
11-11-2014, 11:17 AM

It wasn't muscular dystrophy, it was macular degeneration.

Valli6
11-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Debra Medina would've been governor of Texas instead of Rick Perry.

Beck is full of sh!t ...again.

He lists a lot of vague symtoms and knows it's "a serious neurological illness" - even though doctors can't give him a diagnosis, yet he's been told how many years he has left till he can't function? Doctors just don't make proclamations like that in real life! (ie "You have X years to live!")

It's great that he spontaneously healed though. Maybe he should write a book about it! :rolleyes:

sparebulb
11-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Glenn Beck did this to himself.

Possibly, in the same way Limp Windbag deafened himself.

brushfire
11-11-2014, 11:43 AM
To be clearer on my stance - I will acknowledge that Beck has brought some people into the liberty fold. For that, I am very grateful (my own uncle being one). I could actually have meaningful conversations with my uncle about a lot of politics that I could not have prior to his watching Beck.

My personal opinions on Beck, although justifiably harsh, should not be interpreted as my views on some of his followers. There are people who come "here" from over "there" to expand their horizons. We really do have a great deal in common, its just that Beck is not a popular character around here - most people are simply explaining why RPF (and many liberty minded people) dont care for Beck.

The whole topic can be likened to that old restaurant in town that was shut down because of the rodent/roach infestation. For many, the new signage makes it seem like a great place to eat perhaps they dont know the history, but some of us still remember roach infestations. Still again, some of us have even gone back to the beck bistro to find maggots in our food! Once something like that happens, its hard to go back, no matter how many people rave about food that is served at this particular point in time.

So I speak for myself here, but opinions about beck are not necessarily the same opinion I have about "TaftFan" or "Coolidge/Dawes '24" for that matter. I would assume others have been sold "becks magic beans" at one point or another as well - thats a very insulting experience and rightfully drives a lot of negative emotion about the guy. That's really no reason to wish the guy bad health IMO, but the anger is understandable. ...and charlatan is a perfect name for beck, if there ever was one... Just thought that this was worth qualifying a bit - sometimes I assume the bigger picture is implied, and I dont wish to alienate others who are from what amounts to same side, of the same fight.

VIDEODROME
11-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Beck probably caught this condition from O'reilly.

jj-
11-11-2014, 12:06 PM
You guys are a bunch of assholes saying Glenn Beck is lying about being sick. Just looking at him over the years I saw suddenly he looked a lot older, with a lot of white hair, so he clearly became sick and aged rapidly.

Like many people, Beck likely relies on the msm (mainstream medicine) to make his health and nutritional decisions, so he likely implements their harmful advice. Beck probably has no idea that the main toxic substance he consumes, the main source of disease in today's society are the vegetable oils used for cooking (the vegetable oils high in polyunsaturated fats).

cbc58
11-11-2014, 12:10 PM
lyme disease...

luctor-et-emergo
11-11-2014, 12:11 PM
You guys are a bunch of assholes saying Glenn Beck is lying about being sick. Just looking at him over the years I saw suddenly he looked a lot older, with a lot of white hair, so he clearly became sick and aged rapidly.

Like many people, Beck likely relies on the msm (mainstream medicine) to make his health and nutritional decisions, so he likely implements their harmful advice. Beck probably has no idea that the main toxic substance he consumes, the main source of disease in today's society are the vegetable oils used for cooking (the vegetable oils high in polyunsaturated fats).

I don't know whether he is sick or not. Something like this seems weird to lie about to me personally so I must say I am inclined to believe he at least has (had) some symptoms. He may be exaggerating because it is still his job to sell his image. Unless he's completely lying about it I don't really care if he exaggerates a bit. It doesn't change my opinion that he's not trustworthy for our movement. He says the right things at the wrong times and when it counts he changes opinion. So far he does not have a great track record in helping the movement. Until he has such a track record I do not trust him in this regard. I do have sympathy for him personally if he is sick.

jonhowe
11-11-2014, 12:13 PM

Aged rapidly? You mean he turned 50? Most people start to look older as they, you know, get older.

Beck has a record of lying about being on the verge of a health collapse. Now he's most likely lying about being cured of a disease he most likely never had (and at very least cannot name). For crying out loud, HE'S SELLING A BOOK!

jj-
11-11-2014, 12:13 PM

If you were a Jew in Nazi Germany, you wouldn't wish Hitler ill health and death?

jj-
11-11-2014, 12:16 PM
I don't know whether he is sick or not.

I knew it even before he made any claims, just by seeing his occasional video or picture, it was evident and shocking. He suddenly changed a lot, like he aged many years in just one year.

luctor-et-emergo
11-11-2014, 12:16 PM
If you were a Jew in Nazi Germany, you wouldn't wish Hitler ill health and death?
Self defense.

Carlybee
11-11-2014, 12:19 PM
To be clearer on my stance - I will acknowledge that Beck has brought some people into the liberty fold. For that, I am very grateful (my own uncle being one). I could actually have meaningful conversations with my uncle about a lot of politics that I could not have prior to his watching Beck.

My personal opinions on Beck, although justifiably harsh, should not be interpreted as my views on some of his followers. There are people who come "here" from over "there" to expand their horizons. We really do have a great deal in common, its just that Beck is not a popular character around here - most people are simply explaining why RPF (and many liberty minded people) dont care for Beck.

The whole topic can be likened to that old restaurant in town that was shut down because of the rodent/roach infestation. For many, the new signage makes it seem like a great place to eat perhaps they dont know the history, but some of us still remember roach infestations. Still again, some of us have even gone back to the beck bistro to find maggots in our food! Once something like that happens, its hard to go back, no matter how many people rave about food that is served at this particular point in time.

So I speak for myself here, but opinions about beck are not necessarily the same opinion I have about "TaftFan" or "Coolidge/Dawes '24" for that matter. I would assume others have been sold "becks magic beans" at one point or another as well - thats a very insulting experience and rightfully drives a lot of negative emotion about the guy. That's really no reason to wish the guy bad health IMO, but the anger is understandable. ...and charlatan is a perfect name for beck, if there ever was one... Just thought that this was worth qualifying a bit - sometimes I assume the bigger picture is implied, and I dont wish to alienate others who are from what amounts to same side, of the same fight.

I was never sold his magic beans. I disliked him from the first time I ever heard his radio show. I don't wish him dead, but I don't have much sympathy because I don't necessarily believe him.

JK/SEA
11-11-2014, 12:26 PM
so what happens to all these 'alleged' converts Beck supposdly brought in to the 'liberty ' movement once they find out what a fruit cake he is?....will his lack of credibilty' turn these 'converts' away?....

this guy is a classic loose cannon.....avoid at all costs.

jonhowe
11-11-2014, 12:27 PM
I knew it even before he made any claims, just by seeing his occasional video or picture, it was evident and shocking. He suddenly changed a lot, like he aged many years in just one year.

But he's fine now. He's been cured by God of an undiagnosed, incurable disease. And this lasted 5 years, allegedly.

You see what you want to see.

donnay
11-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Unfortunately, Glenn Beck has cried wolf so much, for me, it's hard to believe him. I wish him well, and I wish him a speedy recovery and I believe the only way that will happen is for him to get right with God.

Spikender
11-11-2014, 12:42 PM
so what happens to all these 'alleged' converts Beck supposdly brought in to the 'liberty ' movement once they find out what a fruit cake he is?....will his lack of credibilty' turn these 'converts' away?....

I agree in a way, but Glenn Beck actually was the one who moved me away from my dad's style of party politics and toward liberty.

Sure, I disowned and left him behind once I found out he was a charlatan, but I will never deny he was the one who made me think differently. Sadly he talks a good talk but doesn't walk a good walk.

As for this whole "Beck's sick" fiasco, I won't stick my nose in it. If he really is sick, then that's sad I suppose, but you won't see me going around throwing a pity party for him.

brushfire
11-11-2014, 12:52 PM

There are some things that are indefensible - Hitler robbed millions of their rights, including their lives. He exploited his power and did not deserve his own rights. To define beck as "hitler" would severely discount the reality of the Holocaust. Still, I too would not wish hitler ill health. Instead a trial and ultimately punishment - just as he'd done to Helmuth Hubener. The comparison is rather hyperbolic.

I must confess though, to your earlier remarks, I sometimes see people age differently based on how they conduct their lives. I truly believe beck is a shill and it would not surprise me if that affected his health.

As a couple of examples, the emperor from star wars, and hillary clinton. One is fiction, I know, but its an extreme that demonstrates how some evil people rot from the inside out. The again, perhaps he'd been "drinking tea" with some enemies? Of course, he may just be trying to pander to the homeopathic crowd - there's money in that now too.

brushfire
11-11-2014, 12:55 PM

They get angry and they learn. If possible, it would be nice for them to have a place to land - hopefully some place welcoming that does not offer an "I told ya so" attitude.

jj-
11-11-2014, 12:57 PM
But he's fine now. He's been cured by God of an undiagnosed, incurable disease. And this lasted 5 years, allegedly.

You see what you want to see.

He might be a little better, but still seriously sick. You have a very limited notion of what disease is. You also have very limited perception, but are completely unaware of it, so it's very unlikely you will improve.

jonhowe
11-11-2014, 01:10 PM
He might be a little better, but still seriously sick. You have a very limited notion of what disease is. You also have very limited perception, but are completely unaware of it, so it's very unlikely you will improve.

Thank you Dr. jj- for your prognosis. It is almost as vague as the one Beck's doctors gave him (5-10 years to life) for his incurable, unknowable, no-sleep disease that god cured him of.

kahless
11-11-2014, 01:20 PM
I to was pissed off here in these forums in the past for what Beck did to Debra Medina. Beck has come a long way and has had his faults but come on, the vile hatred posted here and comparisons to Hitler do more damage to Ron Paul supporters. It is unfortunate that many times the actions of a few wacky Ron Paul supporters reflect badly on us all.

From what I have seen from these forums lately that if Rand came out and said some of the same things as Beck some of the responses would probably would still compare Rand to the second coming of Christ.

Working Poor
11-11-2014, 02:57 PM
How dare you! Dog shit can sort of be useful as compost for non-edible plants.

LOL

H. E. Panqui
11-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Glenn stinking Beck is Ruse stinking Limbaugh 2.0..and they're grooming Alex stinking Jones to be Ruse stinking Limbaugh 3.0....

Virtually every stinking talk-radio host (that I can tune into) could be adequately replaced by a parrot trained to squawk either, "Republican good, Democrat bad" or "Democrat bad, Republican not as bad.." (it works for the stinking Republicans either way)

It's sad to think we live in a country with thousands of intelligent, wise, beautiful thinkers who could spread much wisdom using the tool of radio...but these m'f'n disgusting Republicrat apparatchiks are what we are fed...down our throats....:mad:

phill4paul
11-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Aged rapidly? You mean he turned 50? Most people start to look older as they, you know, get older.

^^^ this. Every bit of it. I'm coming up on my 50th. 5 years ago there was not a grey hair on my head or beard. Today...

Beck has a record of lying about being on the verge of a health collapse. Now he's most likely lying about being cured of a disease he most likely never had (and at very least cannot name). For crying out loud, HE'S SELLING A BOOK!

^^^ That explains everything....

http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/uploader/image/2014/05/13/conformcover.jpg

phill4paul
11-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Glenn stinking Beck is Ruse stinking Limbaugh 2.0..and they're grooming Alex stinking Jones to be Ruse stinking Limbaugh 3.0....

Virtually every stinking talk-radio host (that I can tune into) could be adequately replaced by a parrot trained to squawk either, "Republican good, Democrat bad" or "Democrat bad, Republican not as bad.." (it works for the stinking Republicans either way)

It's sad to think we live in a country with thousands of intelligent, wise, beautiful thinkers who could spread much wisdom using the tool of radio...but these m'f'n disgusting Republicrat apparatchiks are what we are fed...down our throats....:mad:

Guess you don't listen to NPR.

Brett85
11-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Those who are claiming that Beck is simply making up his history of health problems should actually cite some evidence that that is the case. Otherwise, it's simply a baseless accusation.

erowe1
11-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Those who are claiming that Beck is simply making up his history of health problems should actually cite some evidence that that is the case. Otherwise, it's simply a baseless accusation.

Does the real-life Glenn Beck have the same health problems as the character he plays on the radio claims to have? Who knows?

It's possible that by shear coincidence he actually does.

Brett85
11-11-2014, 05:45 PM

I'm going to be honest. I don't wish anything but the worst on mass murdering politicians. That may be a sin but I still feel that way. Honestly, I think that's LESS of a sin than wishing death on Ted Bundy or the like.

Mind you, Glenn Beck is just a radio show host and not actually a politician. That might be an important distinction for you, and if so, good job. But I just decided to comment on this, because I think if you changed "Glenn Beck" to "Barack Obama" a lot of people would still have said the same thing you said.

I hope Glenn gets better. I also hope he accepts Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior (Mormons are not Christians.) And I hope he moves in our direction, whether he has in the past or not...

Boy, I don't even know where to start with that. Yes, it's a sin to think that way. The verse in Matthew that I posted says that we're to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us. And if you don't agree with a politician politically, it doesn't make them equal to Ted Bundy or Adolf Hitler. It just means that you disagree with them. And Beck is one of the least hawkish conservative talk radio hosts. He's been more open to a non interventionist foreign policy than people like Rush and Levin. There are also different degrees in foreign policy as it relates to hawkishness and intervention, which hardly anyone here seems to understand. Basically, to many here if you aren't just 100% in line with Ron Paul's foreign policy down to the last detail, then you're a hardcore neocon warmonger no different from Ted Bundy or Adolf Hitler.

cajuncocoa
11-11-2014, 05:46 PM
First of all, I'm not claiming he "made up" anything. All I said is that he's made claims like this before (whether true or false, I have no idea). I said I remembered that he claimed he was going blind some undetermined number of years ago.

Here's the proof for you of what I said:

Glenn Beck Announces He Could Lose His Vision

In true Glenn Beck form, sarcasm shone through his tears as he announced he was suffering from a condition that could eventually make him blind to an audience of 6,000 attending his “American Revival” tour in Salt Lake City Saturday.

Following the initial announcement, Beck joked that he was “too darn lazy to learn Braille.” His loyal fans wouldn’t expect anything less.

The Fox News host showed a clip of the announcement Monday night on his show, Glenn Beck.

"Yes, I have a problem with my eyes," Beck said in his announcement. "A couple of weeks ago, I went to the doctor because I can’t focus my eyes ... So I went to the best doctor I could find … he did all kinds of tests, and he said I have macular dystrophy."

Click here to watch Glenn Beck make his announcement. (http://video.foxnews.com/v/4286138/beck-i-have-a-problem-with-my-eyes)

Beck, 46, jokingly admitted to viewers that when he got the news from his doctor, he had confused the term macular dystrophy with muscular dystrophy saying, “Is that the Jerry Lewis thing? That telethon that he does? Cause I should have given more.”

Macular dystrophy affects a tiny portion of the retina called the macula — the part of the eye responsible for seeing sharp details and recognizing faces.
Symptoms of macular dystrophy include:

— Difficulty with reading print and identifying faces;

— Blurred vision;

—And trouble focusing.

Dr. Douglas R. Lazzaro, chairman of the department of ophthalmology at Long Island College Hospital, told FoxNews.com that macular dystrophy does have the potential to cause blindness in Beck.

Macular dystrophy usually affects more than one family member, however, Beck did not say if anyone else in his family had the condition, or identify what type of the rare disease he is suffering from.

Lazzarro, who has not treated Beck, said that there are several different types of macular dystrophy that effect vision during different periods of a patient’s life. Macular dystrophy is very different from macular degeneration, which is the leading cause of blindness over the age of 60 in America.

“One of the more severe forms of the disease is known as cone dystrophy, and this usually affects your vision soon after birth,” Lazzaro said. Stargardt’s dystrophy begins to affect vision before the age of 20 at a very gradual rate, however the patient can still become legally blind.

Another type of macular dystrophy is Best’s disease, but more than likely Beck is not suffering from this type, because symptoms usually appear in childhood, and go through a number of stages, Lazzaro added. With Best’s disease, severe vision loss usually develops after the age of 45.

With some macular dystrophies, doctors can see yellow spots in the retina or changes in the pigment layer of the retina. But no matter which form of the disease Beck may be suffering from, the bottom line is his retinas are degenerating.

"He said things were blurry, so he could have any of these dystrophies, or even pattern dystrophy," Lazzaro said.

For Beck, the severity of the disease determines whether or not he will lose his vision, and if so, how long it will take. There is no cure or treatment for macular dystrophy.

"He may become legally blind, which is 20/200 or worse," Lazzaro said. "Put it this way, (when you are legally blind) you can’t drive, and it may be difficult to read without magnification tools. It impacts your life, but usually patients retain some vision with these diseases."

Beck seemed to take the news in stride, adding his own brand of humor to a very personal medical issue.

“I plan on dealing with it with a smile and dignity, and quite honestly, at least I’ll be able to get away with a blind joke from time to time,” Beck said.

FoxNews.com's Jessica Ryen Doyle and Jessica Mulvihill contributed to this article.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2010/07/21/glenn-beck-announces-could-lose-his-vision/

Brett85
11-11-2014, 05:47 PM
Does the character Glenn Beck plays on the radio really have the health problems he says? Who knows?

It's possible that by shear coincidence he actually does.

I think the burden of proof lies with those who are claiming that Beck is just making this entire thing up. Because if people are going to make such a bold claim, they should actually have strong evidence to back up that claim.

erowe1
11-11-2014, 05:50 PM
I think the burden of proof lies with those who are claiming that Beck is just making this entire thing up. Because if people are going to make such a bold claim, they should actually have strong evidence to back up that claim.

Honestly, I'd consider the claim that Glenn Beck's real life matches that of his radio persona to be the bold one.

But like I said, who knows? There's a chance it does in this case.

I mean, somewhere along the line he must have said something on the radio that by a roll of the dice happened to match his actual beliefs too.

phill4paul
11-11-2014, 05:51 PM

Beck can start. Otherwise, it is just baseless assertion. I'll give that he probably had hemorrhoidal surgery. Why the doctors didn't manage to take the inflamed tissue off at the neck I'll never know.

RJB
11-11-2014, 05:52 PM

The burden of proof is also on those who claim that Tony Clifton is in fact Andy Kaufmann.

Brett85
11-11-2014, 05:53 PM
First of all, I'm not claiming he "made up" anything. All I said is that he's made claims like this before (whether true or false, I have no idea). I said I remembered that he claimed he was going blind some undetermined number of years ago.

Here's the proof for you of what I said:

Glenn Beck Announces He Could Lose His Vision

FoxNews.com's Jessica Ryen Doyle and Jessica Mulvihill contributed to this article.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2010/07/21/glenn-beck-announces-could-lose-his-vision/

Then it looks like he's had a history of bad health problems. I need to try to remember to pray for him.

erowe1
11-11-2014, 05:55 PM
The burden of proof is also on those who claim that Tony Clifton is in fact Andy Kaufmann.

Maybe your point is going over my head. Because that's true right? That the burden of proof is on them?

erowe1
11-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Then it looks like he's had a history of claiming to have bad health problems. I need to try to remember to pray for him.

Fixed.

Brett85
11-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Fixed.

Again, provide some evidence if you're to claim that Beck is simply lying about his illness.

phill4paul
11-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Again, provide some evidence if you're to claim that Beck is simply lying about his illness.

I'm a quadriplegic, and ex- Navy SEAL, that lost my limbs on 9/11 saving a baby from the twin towers. I spent my time in 2008 and 2012 rolling door to door to promote Ron Paul. You should feel ashamed for neg repping me.

jonhowe
11-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Then it looks like he's had a history of bad health problems. I need to try to remember to pray for him.

Except it's 3 years from the time he was supposed to go blind. Notice all his health problems seem to magically go away right before they kick in? They're always right around the corner? Glenn always has a new theme to build his show around: "9/12", "restoring honor", "I'm going blind", "I have an incurable disease I can't name that god cured before I even told you about it", you name it. He's a known liar for ratings; this is no different.

I'm sorry your big heart is blinding you to this man's lies.

jonhowe
11-11-2014, 07:33 PM

Glenn does not have an illness. This confession is that he HAD an illness, starting a few years ago, sent to him by god. Now, god has cured his illness, thanks to his faith and goodness. That doesn't read like a load of BS to you? He isn't saying, "folks, I'm sick". He's saying "folks, I worked SO hard, was SO smart (like Winston Churchill!) that I didn't sleep for years and had a magic illness NO ONE ELSE has ever had before. I'm that special. I was chosen by God to have this illness, and I was chosen by God to have it cured. BUY MY FUCKING BOOK!"

Brett85
11-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Except it's 3 years from the time he was supposed to go blind. Notice all his health problems seem to magically go away right before they kick in? They're always right around the corner? Glenn always has a new theme to build his show around: "9/12", "restoring honor", "I'm going blind", "I have an incurable disease I can't name that god cured before I even told you about it", you name it. He's a known liar for ratings; this is no different.

I'm sorry your big heart is blinding you to this man's lies.

The link that Cajun provided didn't provide any type of time frame for when Beck said he would go blind. The link just said that it was possible that it could happen sometime in the future. He may still have the same problems, or he may have gotten effective treatment for his vision problems. But that's a long ways from saying that he claimed that he was certain to be blind within three years.

brandon
11-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Really odd article. So he had a mix of seemingly random symptoms that the doctors were unable to diagnose - yet they still told him he had 5 to 10 years to live without knowing what his problem was? And then he took hormones and got better? Ok... I guess

phill4paul
11-11-2014, 07:55 PM
He may

or he may

I'm almost convinced by your irrefutable evidence.

cajuncocoa
11-11-2014, 07:57 PM
The link that Cajun provided didn't provide any type of time frame for when Beck said he would go blind. The link just said that it was possible that it could happen sometime in the future. He may still have the same problems, or he may have gotten effective treatment for his vision problems. But that's a long ways from saying that he claimed that he was certain to be blind within three years.You're right, that one didn't. But it was still nagging at me because I remembered he DID say something when the story was current, so I went looking again for another story and I found one. It's still a bit vague, but the wording is interesting nevertheless:

Glenn Beck Announces He May Go Blind in a Year
Jul. 21, 2010
By COURTNEY HUTCHISON, ABC News Medical Unit

During a tearful speech, Glenn Beck (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/glenn-beck-fox-hosts-golden-advertiser-goldline-investigation/story?id=11197000) announced that he "might go blind in the next year" (http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=11210734)due to a rare eye condition known as macular dystrophy.

After having difficulty focusing his eyes, Beck went to see an eye doctor and was told he could be blind within a year, or not, depending on the progression of his disease. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=11200927)

The announcement came during Beck's final keynote speech of his "American Revival" tour in Salt Lake City, Utah, and was used (to) illustrate a point Beck was making about the blessings of God.

"After I stopped feeling sorry for myself, I truly came to a place which is the greatest blessing: Lord, if you need my eyes, they're yours. They were yours the whole time anyway. Thank you for letting me see as far as I have," he said.

But the Fox News talk show host may have been speaking figuratively when he referred to his possible blindness, as macular dystrophies (http://abcnews.go.com/WN/fda-approves-procedure-inserts-telescope-eye-giving-suffering/story?id=11121305), by definition, only result in the loss of macular, or central vision, leaving the peripheral vision intact.http://abcnews.go.com/Health/EyeHealth/macular-dystrophy-glenn-beck-blind/story?id=11207522

NIU Students for Liberty
11-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Boy, I don't even know where to start with that. Yes, it's a sin to think that way. The verse in Matthew that I posted says that we're to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us. And if you don't agree with a politician politically, it doesn't make them equal to Ted Bundy or Adolf Hitler. It just means that you disagree with them. And Beck is one of the least hawkish conservative talk radio hosts. He's been more open to a non interventionist foreign policy than people like Rush and Levin. There are also different degrees in foreign policy as it relates to hawkishness and intervention, which hardly anyone here seems to understand. Basically, to many here if you aren't just 100% in line with Ron Paul's foreign policy down to the last detail, then you're a hardcore neocon warmonger no different from Ted Bundy or Adolf Hitler.

Wow, how Christian of you to support air strikes against ISIS, knowing full well the amount of collateral damage that would be left in the process :rolleyes:

And you are right with your comparison between a politician and Ted Bundy. They aren't the same since the politicians just had other people (soldiers) do their killing for them. It makes no difference about how they (including you) try to justify the degree/amount of military force that should be used.

At the end of the day, people's lives are destroyed because of the war propaganda that politicians and media pundits like Beck drum up on a daily basis.

erowe1
11-11-2014, 08:32 PM

I never claimed that.

You seem to be claiming that he's telling the truth, and for some reason you're content to conclude that without any evidence.

Brett85
11-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Wow, how Christian of you to support air strikes against ISIS, knowing full well the amount of collateral damage that would be left in the process :rolleyes:

There is no clear Christian teaching or Christian policy when it comes to foreign policy issues. The Old Testament is certainly a violent book that promotes battles and wars, and not just defensive wars. Many Christians also supported the air strikes for the purpose of saving the lives of innocent people who were being slaughtered by ISIS, and there is certainly nothing immoral about that. If I walk down the street and see a man holding a gun to a child's head and is about to shoot her, it's not immoral for me to shoot that man. That said, the vast majority of my comments regarding foreign policy on this forum have advocated non intervention, advocating getting out of Afghanistan, opposing sanctions on Iran, opposing foreign military bases, etc. I generally think it's better to avoid war, because of the cost in terms of dollars and human life. But of course, as I said above, there's absolutely no room for nuance with people like you. You can agree with 95% of Ron Paul's foreign policy, and support a policy of having far less intervention overseas, but if you're not just an absolutist when it comes to always opposing foreign military intervention, then you're a warmongering neocon who doesn't have true Christian beliefs.

H. E. Panqui
11-12-2014, 07:16 AM
Traditional conservative apologizes for the GD busybody warmongers: You can agree with 95% of Ron Paul's foreign policy, and support a policy of having far less intervention overseas, but if you're not just an absolutist when it comes to always opposing foreign military intervention, then you're a warmongering neocon who doesn't have true Christian beliefs.

:rolleyes:

Look, if you and the rest of the busybody, know-little Republicrat Randers and Cruzers, etc., around here want to form some voluntary American foreign legion where you can save the world--esp. god's chosen peoples---GO FOR IT!!! GET OFF YOUR FAUX NEWS-WATCHING COUCH AND GO KILL FOR WORLD PEACE, dummy!..with YOUR money...and YOUR life!!

JUST KEEP YOUR MEAT-HOOKS OUT OF THE TREASURY!!

And the idea that you are some 'christian' :rolleyes: is a slur against decent honest peaceful christians..

Remember, it was Jesus the pacifist, the forgiving, the wise...not Jesus the warmongering military interventionist, the vengeful Republicrat loudmouth, the GD fool Republicrat apologist!!...

scottditzen
11-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Glenn Beck once made fun of Rush Limbaugh going deaf.

William Tell
11-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Glenn Beck once made fun of Rush Limbaugh going deaf.

Good catch.

scottditzen
11-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Good catch.

I have to add, what I found astounding was in the particular way in that Beck did it.

He started out with warm words of support and compassion, his tone of voice somber and sounding very sincere. I don't really care for Rush Limbaugh, but I found it moving. That's Beck's God-given gift, sounding sincere. Then his producer said something to him off hand, and Glenn responded by saying "What, I can't hear you." Then straight into Glen Beck punk rock theme music outro.

H. E. Panqui
11-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Glenn stinking Beck is truly a twisted piece of sh!t...btw, he's a big fan of Rand and Cruz isn't he?

JK/SEA
11-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Glenn stinking Beck is truly a twisted piece of sh!t...btw, he's a big fan of Rand and Cruz isn't he?

maybe for now. Wait a few days, this will change.

JK/SEA
11-12-2014, 10:47 AM
I predict ol' Glen will soon fade away with his millions of gold and silver. Never to bless us with his wisdom again.

JK/SEA
11-12-2014, 11:24 AM

why?...your buddy beck doesn't return the favor, in fact, because you are a member of RPF, i'm willing to bet he hopes (prays) you die in a BLAZE of fire.

Cap
11-12-2014, 12:20 PM
I predict ol' Glen will soon fade away with his millions of gold and silver. Never to bless us with his wisdom again.Soon I hope.

BuddyRey
11-12-2014, 12:27 PM
If he's really experiencing ill health, my heart goes out to him and I wish him nothing less than a full recovery. I've had some minor neurological issues myself in the past (now mostly gone, thank God), and it's a dreadfully scary experience, feeling that your body is slowly, bit by bit, slipping out of your control. Having said this, he's still the personification of everything wrong with the so-called "conservative" movement in my eyes, and though I can forgive him for being a shameless self-promoter who has been perfectly willing to exploit true or untrue "revelations" about his personal life to keep his moribund career afloat, I will never forget what he did to hamstring real liberty candidates - as opposed to the half-assed tea-o-cons he parades in front of us as saviors of the Republican Party - when the moment of truth was at hand. And hell, just the fact that we're still talking about this guy, who hasn't even been relevant since 2010, means the stunt worked like a charm. Even those of us who recognize Beck as an unscrupulous hack exploiting the easily led and easily misdirected among us are playing into his hands perfectly by talking about him and keeping his name alive.

HOLLYWOOD
11-12-2014, 12:51 PM
I wonder who will be groomed for the next Conservative Charlatan (media mouthpiece)?

Glenn Beck = Frank Luntz professional tongue swindlers

Brett85
11-12-2014, 12:58 PM
And the idea that you are some 'christian' :rolleyes: is a slur against decent honest peaceful christians..

You won't find many Christians more peaceful than I am. I've spoken out against foreign wars from the Iraq War to the Vietnam War to the Libya war to the proposal to bomb Assad in Syria. I'm very anti war in my views, just not quite as anti war as Ron Paul. But I've often debated my fellow Christians where I live and have defended a more peaceful and non interventionist foreign policy. I've debated people in my own family who still seem to believe that it was a good idea to invade Iraq and that we should've stayed there longer. To them, I'm Mahatma Gandi.

Brett85
11-12-2014, 02:37 PM

I guess he has that in common with the liberty movement. (At least in regards to Rand)

phill4paul
11-12-2014, 05:11 PM
Running tally:

+reps: 26 (Thanks to those, the many, that gave positive remarks and know charlatans for what they are.)
-reps: 3 (Thanks for that last rep jbauer. ;) )

Lol. It makes me proud to be a part of a forums that doesn't swallow media organ swill.

Broke my 30k cherry...

Latest Reputation Received (30086 point(s) total) -- Your Reputation Power: 31

Hope I returned everyone in kind. :). Except jbauer. I'll let him slide. :p

sparebulb
11-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Running tally:

+reps: 26 (Thanks to those, the many, that gave positive remarks and know charlatans for what they are.)
-reps: 3 (Thanks for that last rep jbauer. ;) )

Lol. It makes me proud to be a part of a forums that doesn't swallow media organ swill.

Broke my 30k cherry...

Latest Reputation Received (30086 point(s) total) -- Your Reputation Power: 31

Hope I returned everyone in kind. :). Except jbauer. I'll let him slide. :p

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54311044.jpg

Danke
11-12-2014, 05:21 PM

You are a terrible person.

+ rep

phill4paul
11-12-2014, 05:30 PM
You are a terrible person.

+ rep

Not as bad a sparebulb. I have it on authority. angelatc told us so...

"You're a far more horrible person than she (Bristol Palin) will ever be." angelatc

RJB
11-12-2014, 05:33 PM
You would have had 27, but I can't rep people for some reason.

So here's a token one:

+ rep

[QUOTE=phill4paul;5698910]Running tally:

brushfire
11-12-2014, 05:37 PM
You would have had 27, but I can't rep people for some reason.

So here's a token one:

+ rep

[QUOTE=phill4paul;5698910]Running tally:

Specs was telling Deb about the "compatibility mode" in IE. You may want to see if that's what ails ya.

Christian Liberty
11-13-2014, 12:19 AM
You won't find many Christians more peaceful than I am. I've spoken out against foreign wars from the Iraq War to the Vietnam War to the Libya war to the proposal to bomb Assad in Syria. I'm very anti war in my views, just not quite as anti war as Ron Paul. But I've often debated my fellow Christians where I live and have defended a more peaceful and non interventionist foreign policy. I've debated people in my own family who still seem to believe that it was a good idea to invade Iraq and that we should've stayed there longer. To them, I'm Mahatma Gandi.

There are a lot of people like that, I'm afraid. I have to admit, I wonder who H.E. Panqui is talking about, because there really aren't many Christians who are as peaceful as you, TBH. At the same time, I'd rather live in a world where your views are seen as warmongering as compared to peaceful;)

heavenlyboy34
11-13-2014, 01:20 AM
There are a lot of people like that, I'm afraid. I have to admit, I wonder who H.E. Panqui is talking about, because there really aren't many Christians who are as peaceful as you, TBH. At the same time, I'd rather live in a world where your views are seen as warmongering as compared to peaceful;)

Christians outside the US tend to be peaceful (and often persecuted/martyred :( ).