PDA

View Full Version : It's now harder for Non-Whites to get a vacation from school in Minneapolis

green73
11-10-2014, 10:21 AM
The Minneapolis public school system announced a major new district-wide policy for disciplining students: any suspension of a non-white student requires the district superintendent's approval.

The MPS has been stung by reports that students of color are 10 times more likely to receive a suspension than white students. The Minneapolis school system has an enrollment of over 32,000 students. Seventy percent are non-white.

School superintendent Bernadeia Johnson, a black woman, maintains that she wants to "disrupt" the current suspension trends.

Superintendent Johnson says that her new policy is aimed at forcing local school administrators to deeply "probe" the reasons for issuing a suspension before that punishment is handed out.

cont.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/08/Minneapolis-School-Now-Needs-Permission-to-Suspend-Any-Minority-Student

puppetmaster
11-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Morons

Acala
11-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Race-based discrimination on its face. It will have to meet the test for affirmative action in order to survive Constitutional scrutiny.

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-10-2014, 02:12 PM
a suspension is not even a punishment. You get to go home and play video games all day. That's awesome

luctor-et-emergo
11-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Policies should be color blind. Everyone treated equally. Freedom and liberty for all. Responsibility for the individual no matter what race or background.

This is blatant racism and in this case it doesn't matter from which side you are looking at it either. Racism sucks, why can't people just be nice to each other. I don't f'king care if you're black white yellow purple or green. As long as people accept me for who I am I will be grateful and return the favor.

jmdrake
11-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Excuse me. What is a "vaction"? Did OP mean "vacation"?

GunnyFreedom
11-10-2014, 04:26 PM
any suspension of a non-white student requires the district superintendent's approval.

How about "any suspension of any student requires the district superintendent's approval." Or is that not racist enough?

Madison320
11-10-2014, 04:51 PM
The real cure is to get rid of public schools and public funding completely. The next best option would be to have a voucher system. That way if you want to send your kid to a school that only disciplines whites, that is your option.

Demigod
11-10-2014, 04:55 PM
a suspension is not even a punishment. You get to go home and play video games all day. That's awesome

In my country you can only miss `14 classes after that you have to take final exams on all subjects.If we had the option to be suspended the schools would be empty,it is not like they teach anything of importance anyway.Everything they pass during the classes you could go trough alone + a little help.

tangowhiskeykilo
11-10-2014, 09:16 PM
At first I was upset while reading this, then I remembered a "this American life" ep 538 titled is this working. It talks about the school system, school to prison pipeline and unfair punishments. It's worth a listen.

kcchiefs6465
11-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Or get the shit beat out of you by your parents.

Danke
11-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Someday (hopefully) soon I will leave this shithole called Minnesota.

oyarde
11-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Someday (hopefully) soon I will leave this shithole called Minnesota.

Well , I was a little surprised that school system had no more students than that , and a little more surprised so few of them are considered " white" .The most disturbing thing to remember is these are all Dem's ,you know , the people who are not "supposed" to be racists , LOL. I hope none of the Injun kids are forced to go there , if so , I can see if you wil start a chip in for them.