PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous Police Department’s Wanted Poster For Hitchhiker

Suzanimal
11-09-2014, 08:35 PM
A wanted poster for a hitchhiker.:rolleyes:

The North Royalton police just posted a picture of a wanted man who is presumed to be a true menace to society. His crime? Hitchhiking.

Well, actually the warrant is for failure to appear for a court date… But the court date was set for the grand crime of hitchhiking

With all the dangerous people on the loose today, the North Royalton, Ohio police seems to think that the most dangerous man in town is a hitchhiker?

Locals tipped us off to the story when they saw the wanted notice go up.

The hitchhiker is well known to members of the community by the name Brett. People we talked to said “If you see him walking, please give him a ride, so N Royalton doesn’t have anything on the poor guy.”

One person we talked to said simply that Brett is “just trying to make it in this world and needs a way to get from point A to point B!”

more at the link...

http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/11/ridiculous-police-departments-wanted-poster-for-hitchhiker/

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-09-2014, 08:56 PM
I think hitchhiking should be illegal. It's a very dangerous activity. We need laws to ensure public safety.

Besides, it's make me uncomfortable. Have you ever locked eyes with a hitchhiker knowing you won't give him a ride? It's almost frightening.

Whole thing reminds me of breastfeeding. Just ban it already.

phill4paul
11-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Travel is a privilege granted by the state.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-09-2014, 09:12 PM
If people demand to hitchhike, then a compromise would be in order. Everyone potential hitchhiker must get a permit. The permit would involve an extensive background check to ensure public safety. There would also be a test to determine the applicants knowledge of road safety. New rules might need to be drawn up, such as determining how close to the road a hitchhiker could stand.

Hitchhikers would only be permitted to ask for a ride one time (e.g., parking lot). Asking more than one time would be street harassment.

ClydeCoulter
11-09-2014, 09:28 PM
I hitchhiked from St Louis, MO to Morgan City, LA and back when I was young. I hitchhiked from St Louis, MO to Modesto, CA when I was young.

What is wrong with people. If you don't want to pick someone up....don't.

There outta be a law against all of these dang laws. /sarc

acptulsa
11-09-2014, 09:43 PM
If people demand to hitchhike, then a compromise would be in order. Everyone potential hitchhiker must get a permit. The permit would involve an extensive background check to ensure public safety. There would also be a test to determine the applicants knowledge of road safety. New rules might need to be drawn up, such as determining how close to the road a hitchhiker could stand.

Hitchhikers would only be permitted to ask for a ride one time (e.g., parking lot). Asking more than one time would be street harassment.

Don't forget the breathalyzer. You won't be allowed to hitchhike if you can't afford your own breathalyzer...

Suzanimal
11-09-2014, 10:00 PM

Don't forget signage, if he/she chooses to carry a sign it must meet code, and reflective vests for obvious safety reasons.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-09-2014, 11:16 PM
Yes, signage and safety vests are very important. We also don't want drunks. Smokers would need to indicate their smoking preference with an "S" on their permit and sign.

Clothing is also an issue. It would be rather uncouth to enter someone's automobile without shoes and shirt.

Suzanimal
11-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Yes, signage and safety vests are very important. We also don't want drunks. Smokers would need to indicate their smoking preference with an "S" on their permit and sign.

Clothing is also an issue. It would be rather uncouth to enter someone's automobile without shoes and shirt.

Don't forget body odor...http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?459688-Cab-drivers-upset-over-body-odor-test&highlight=body+odor

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-09-2014, 11:43 PM
Section 4.567-A5. Body odor.

Body odor (B.O.) of any kind will NOT be tolerated.

If a driver determines that a hitchhiking passenger violates the driver's nasal senses at any point during transport, then the driver reserves the right to eject the passenger without regard to location or time of day. Body odor areas include, but are not restricted to, hair, armpits, feet, mouth, crotch, or anus.

Spikender
11-09-2014, 11:50 PM
They've become a parody of themselves.

I feel like I live inside a movie satirizing an out of control military-pharmaceutical-police-state-industrial-complex... except that it's real life and there's no director ready to say "cut"!

Anti Federalist
11-10-2014, 12:32 AM
"There wouldn't have been no trouble if it hadn't been for that King Shit cop! All I wanted was something to eat."

kcchiefs6465
11-10-2014, 07:00 AM
The comments are surprisingly refreshing.

Suzanimal
11-10-2014, 07:10 AM
The comments are surprisingly refreshing.

Yeah, the NFPD's FB page is awesome. Tons of comments and this guy's the only copsucker I found. How much you wanna bet he's a cop?

Chris Niro The statewide laws for the State of Ohio are called the Ohio Revised Code (O.R.C.), and individual counties and municipalities have their own laws, codes, and ordinances as well. If you don't agree with a law, write a letter to a state, county, or local legislator. It is not fair to sit here and complain about the laws to the police when they are simply doing their sworn duty to uphold and enforce the law.

SeanTX
11-10-2014, 07:23 AM
Looks like they are butthurt about all the negative attention on their FB page :

North Royalton Police Department
9 minutes ago
A good Monday morning to everyone (that even includes those that do not like us)!

I've found a handful of other copsuckers in the comments there too, all of them "but, but, he broke the LAW!" types.

Of course those people are law breakers too, we all are -- they just haven't been caught.

oyarde
11-10-2014, 09:30 AM
This guy is probably catching rides to work ? If he is and is not accepting govt benefits , he should be a shining example.

JK/SEA
11-10-2014, 09:59 AM
"There wouldn't have been no trouble if it hadn't been for that King Shit cop! All I wanted was something to eat."

''John Rambo, decorated war veteran, wanted for vagrancy in Jerk Water USA''

S.Shorland
11-10-2014, 12:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD8AdmjHGaU

Anti Federalist
11-10-2014, 05:26 PM
''John Rambo, decorated war veteran, wanted for vagrancy in Jerk Water USA''

"Vagrancy, wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his gravestone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA."

idiom
11-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Travel is a privilege granted by the state.

Because after all, private property is completely open to being traversed at will.

Henry Rogue
11-10-2014, 06:36 PM
I'd know that thumb anywhere.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-10-2014, 07:48 PM
At least people were being resourceful when using their thumb to get a ride.

The government can't be as resourceful because their thumb is always up their ass.

Suzanimal
11-13-2014, 06:02 PM

In less than 24 hours so many people had stepped up to donate, that Brett’s bail was raised and today, at 10:00 am, representatives from Cleveland Cop Block bailed Brett out.

Watch the video below to see Deo from Greater Cleveland Cop Block, paying Brett’s bail, and following up on this case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_kPf0CRM-Q

Brett’s new court date is Nov 26th at 1:30. Cleveland Cop Block plans to make sure Brett is able to get to his court hearing so that the money for this victimless “crime” of asking for a ride doesn’t go to the State, and Brett isn’t once again a victim of the predatory Cleveland area and North Royalton police.

Brett has thanked Cop Blockers and readers of Counter Current News for the courtesy and kindness extended to him.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/11/news-report-and-police-accountability-activists-raise-bail-for-mentally-challenged-hitchhiker-targeted-by-predatory-cops/