PDA

View Full Version : The police chief is a “megalomaniacal despot” who protected corrupt local government officials

Suzanimal
11-08-2014, 01:11 PM
The police chief is a “megalomaniacal despot” who protected corrupt local government officials and fabricated false misconduct reports against officers who refused to participate in the corruption

Roseland, New Jersey – A group of (ex)police in Roseland, New Jersey recently filed a lawsuit against local Police Chief Richard McDonough.

In the lawsuit, the officers allege that the police chief is a “megalomaniacal despot” who protected corrupt local government officials and fabricated false misconduct reports against officers who refused to participate in the corruption that exists in the department. The lawsuit also alleged that McDonough “used the department as his own personal playground.”

The lawsuit also suggested that the chief was guilty of “harassment and hostile employment actions against those who disagree or question the propriety of his own mismanagement and corrupt and unlawful practices, or those whom he simply does not like – irrespective of their performance as law enforcement professionals.”

The Alternative Press has made a summary of the most serious allegations in the complaint:

McDonough maintained a sort of “hit list” of officers he disapproved of and would demean these officers and ignore their complaints.

Both McDonough and Captain Kevin Kitchin used the Internal Affairs department (of which Kitchin is the head) to create a phony paper trail of documents discrediting the aforementioned officers.

That McDonough used police department assets, including personnel, equipment and vehicles, to conduct personal business.

That crime statistics have been manipulated by McDonough to present a misleading picture of crime in the borough.

That McDonough would protect friends and associates from facing criminal charges for any alleged misdeeds.

The lawsuit involves six police officers, which is a large portion of the police department in the town of only 6,000 people. There are only 25 people in total employed with the Roseland Police Department.

Town attorney Ethan Jesse Sheffet called the lawsuit “completely frivolous” and included “a bunch of personal attacks against the chief and opinions. I’m confident that the case is ultimately going to be dismissed.”

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-small-nj-town-sue-police-chief-call-megalomaniacal-despot/#RiVT1XkjStgjXoAx.99

Leaning Libertarian
11-08-2014, 02:22 PM
If 24% of the people I run into were to ask "hey, what's that on your face?" I think I would likely look in a mirror at some point. 6 of 25 employees is a rather large percent to be dismissive of their claims. Considering the likely conflict of interest between their office of Internal Affairs and office of the Chief, a Civillian Oversight Committee with Authoratative Powers is likely warrated, independent of a court decision on this specific lawsuit.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-09-2014, 02:33 AM
So a group of maggots get together and go after the head maggot. Their goal is to extract money from people like you and me.

What a world.