do not click on that link.

nevermind.

pcosmar
11-06-2014, 06:35 PM
"Lesser of two evils";)

Which one?

Mr.NoSmile
11-06-2014, 06:40 PM
They'd never get the ACA repealed even if the President didn't threaten a veto because Heaven forbid the GOP have any more image issues and look like they're trying to rob people of health care.

Christian Liberty
11-06-2014, 06:44 PM
Which one?

I was talking about the Republicans, but it was a joke. I was mocking the whole idea that the Republicans are the lesser of two evils.

Brett85
11-06-2014, 07:27 PM
I don't think that they should take the idea of a government shutdown off the table, but in regards to Obamacare, the simple fact is that there's no chance to repeal it until we get a Republican President. So I view it as simply a waste of time and taxpayer money for Congress to continually vote in favor of repealing it.

Anti Federalist
11-06-2014, 07:30 PM
I don't think that they should take they should take the idea of a government shutdown off the table, but in regards to Obamacare, the simply fact is that there's no chance to repeal it until we get a Republican President. So I view it as simply a waste of time and taxpayer money for Congress to continually vote in favor of repealing it.

That shit's funny, right there, I don't care who you are.

Brett85
11-06-2014, 07:35 PM

I'm not sure whether you're referring to my grammatical errors or the substance of what I said.

Christian Liberty
11-06-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm not sure whether you're referring to my grammatical errors or the substance of what I said.

Sorry, but its the substance. Mind, if the Republican President were Rand Paul, or perhaps Ted Cruz, I would agree with you. But anyone else? They aren't going to repeal it, IMO.

Brett85
11-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Sorry, but its the substance.

Well, no need to be sorry. I would've been more offended if he had been referring to my grammatical errors. :)

cajuncocoa
11-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Just keep voting Team Red because....wait....why are we doing this again?

Christian Liberty
11-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Well, no need to be sorry. I would've been more offended if he had been referring to my grammatical errors. :)

lol!

parocks
11-06-2014, 07:49 PM

Why is that funny?

It's entirely true.

Even if your argument is that there's no chance even with GOP, it's undeniable that Obama wouldn't repeal it. And you can't say that the argument that Rand would repeal it is ridiculous.

brushfire
11-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Why is that funny?

It's entirely true.

Even if your argument is that there's no chance even with GOP, it's undeniable that Obama wouldn't repeal it. And you can't say that the argument that Rand would repeal it is ridiculous.

"Bump - Set - Spike" They're setting the table baby...

cajuncocoa
11-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Why is that funny?

It's entirely true.

Even if your argument is that there's no chance even with GOP, it's undeniable that Obama wouldn't repeal it. And you can't say that the argument that Rand would repeal it is ridiculous.So what? Put it in front of him every day. Let him veto it. Do what Team Red voters sent them there to do.

pcosmar
11-06-2014, 08:04 PM

EMTALA (Reagan)

"comprehensive health insurance is an idea whose time has come in America. Let us act now to assure all Americans financial access to high quality medical care."
(Nixon)

And don't forget Bush. (or RomneyCare)
This shit has been both Parties.

ctiger2
11-06-2014, 08:08 PM
That's fine... as long as you continue to print more money, borrow more money, spend more money, wage more wars, pass more laws, raise more taxes, meddle in the economy more and more price fixing.

parocks
11-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Just keep voting Team Red because....wait....why are we doing this again?

You seem to forget that it was the Democrats that voted for Obamacare and most GOP didn't.

Refusing to pointlessly try to repeal Obamacare is not the same thing as voting for it.

We got Obamacare when there were a lot of Dems.

We vote Team Red because we don't want more Obamacare type things.

But we aren't stupid, either, and we recognize that when Obama is the President, he's not going to sign legislation repealing Obamacare.

Things really, really suck. People aren't making the argument that the GOP is great. They're making the argument that on a majority of the issues, the GOP sucks a little less, or might be good, but the baseline is that they suck less.

In certain cases, the GOP candidate sucks so much, that it just isn't worth it to vote for him. That was Romney, who basically said that he wouldn't repeal Obamacare either, and promised plenty of new pointless wars.

But when you have a D President, it really does seem to help to prevent a whole bunch of new stuff we all hate, if the Rs control the House and the Senate.

I don't have any confidence at all that anything they're going to do is going to be good with Obama in there. But they'll prevent new awfulness. And this is something that all of you should know. It really shouldn't have to be explained to you.

Now, these Senators are in for 6 years, and there's a better chance of a GOP Presidential win in 2016 than any time since 2004. So, if we get a crap GOP President, and we have bad GOPers, we'll get bad government from 2016-2020. But that's in 2016. This is 2014, and gridlock - doing nothing - is the best we're going to get.

No doubt in my mind that come 2016, there will be people here, paid to post, saying that unless the GOP candidate is perfect in all respects, that we shouldn't be voting for them. The same payer will be paying people to go to places where the Left hangs out and say things like - it's so very very important to vote even if the D candidate is seriously flawed in many ways.

Rand Paul is much much better than any candidate the Dems come up with. There will a President elected in 2016. Not voting does not change the fact that there will be a President. But there will be people here saying because of x y z, Rand Paul is somehow not worthy of the votes of liberty people. And that's total BS. But there is, and was, lots of total BS being spewed here and will be.

tangent4ronpaul
11-06-2014, 08:26 PM
When insurance rates spike in a month and again in a year, and the GOP refuses to lift a finger, let alone making it the number one issuw - whey will have zero credibility when they try and argue that we need more republicans in congress and a repub prez.

McConnel is an idiot on this issue.

-t

pcosmar
11-06-2014, 08:30 PM
There will a President elected in 2016. Not voting does not change the fact that there will be a President.

Very likely,, though not a given at this point..

And the likelihood that it will be Rand Paul is pretty low. I expect Jeb Bush in reality.

What the "Rs" will do is propose their own version of Socialized Health Care..
Renamed,, Re-branded, and Recycled.

Anti Federalist
11-06-2014, 08:42 PM

No, I never poke fun at grammar errors, I just "gently correct".

No, I was laughing at the notion that a Republican president would be the answer.

The day after he'd say the same thing.

www.sadtrombone.com

Anti Federalist
11-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Why is that funny?

It's entirely true.

LOL - Oh stop, yer killing me...

cajuncocoa
11-06-2014, 08:46 PM
You seem to forget that it was the Democrats that voted for Obamacare and most GOP didn't.

Refusing to pointlessly try to repeal Obamacare is not the same thing as voting for it.

We got Obamacare when there were a lot of Dems.

We vote Team Red because we don't want more Obamacare type things.

But we aren't stupid, either, and we recognize that when Obama is the President, he's not going to sign legislation repealing Obamacare.

Things really, really suck. People aren't making the argument that the GOP is great. They're making the argument that on a majority of the issues, the GOP sucks a little less, or might be good, but the baseline is that they suck less.

In certain cases, the GOP candidate sucks so much, that it just isn't worth it to vote for him. That was Romney, who basically said that he wouldn't repeal Obamacare either, and promised plenty of new pointless wars.

But when you have a D President, it really does seem to help to prevent a whole bunch of new stuff we all hate, if the Rs control the House and the Senate.

I don't have any confidence at all that anything they're going to do is going to be good with Obama in there. But they'll prevent new awfulness. And this is something that all of you should know. It really shouldn't have to be explained to you.

Now, these Senators are in for 6 years, and there's a better chance of a GOP Presidential win in 2016 than any time since 2004. So, if we get a crap GOP President, and we have bad GOPers, we'll get bad government from 2016-2020. But that's in 2016. This is 2014, and gridlock - doing nothing - is the best we're going to get.

No doubt in my mind that come 2016, there will be people here, paid to post, saying that unless the GOP candidate is perfect in all respects, that we shouldn't be voting for them. The same payer will be paying people to go to places where the Left hangs out and say things like - it's so very very important to vote even if the D candidate is seriously flawed in many ways.

Rand Paul is much much better than any candidate the Dems come up with. There will a President elected in 2016. Not voting does not change the fact that there will be a President. But there will be people here saying because of x y z, Rand Paul is somehow not worthy of the votes of liberty people. And that's total BS. But there is, and was, lots of total BS being spewed here and will be.

That's nice and all, but almost every GOP candidate screamed at the top of their lungs how awful Obamacare was and they couldn't wait to send the Democrat in their district home so they could get down to the business of repealing it.

Whether they do it now (that would be cool, even if Obama won't sign it) or later (nothing stopping them if there's a GOP President) doesn't matter. They said they'd do it....so do it already.

I'm not just looking for things NOT to be made worse. I'm looking for things to be made better. They can be, if the GOP would grow some balls.

I understand that Rand is better than any candidate the Dems come up with. That's why he has my vote. In most elections I wouldn't bother between the two major parties; I'd just go ahead and vote LP if I vote at all.

The thing is though.....it doesn't sound as if you expect things to get better with Rand as POTUS, because a GOP Congress won't have the guts to send stuff to him.....you just don't expect them to get worse. Not exactly a glowing endorsement.

puppetmaster
11-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Majority of people in this country want it repealed so if they are "representitives" then it should be gone. It does not work anyway

Slave Mentality
11-06-2014, 09:02 PM
The dualopoly is still working its magic on the prolles. It's almost like they all hang out at the same country clubs and decide who will rape us all harder while we all argue whose team is raping us all more gently. WWE for informed idiots. Rah rah team.

Rand Paul whored himself out for Mitchy's run this year for Chrissakes.

Every last stinking one is a sellout. It's a job requirement.

pcosmar
11-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Majority of people in this country want it repealed so if they are "representitives" then it should be gone. It does not work anyway

Of course it does not work..
And Bombs do not bring peace.

They both put profits in Corporate pockets.

CPUd
11-06-2014, 09:49 PM
That's why it was a bad idea for these people to run on repealing Obamacare in 2012. Team Mitt found that out during the campaign, so it went from "repeal" to "repeal and replace", then they tried to just avoid the subject altogether. Whoever was running on it this year has already dug themselves a big hole. The best anyone can hope for is for it to be systematically scaled back, but that could realistically take a decade.

GunnyFreedom
11-06-2014, 10:14 PM
That's why it was a bad idea for these people to run on repealing Obamacare in 2012. Team Mitt found that out during the campaign, so it went from "repeal" to "repeal and replace", then they tried to just avoid the subject altogether. Whoever was running on it this year has already dug themselves a big hole. The best anyone can hope for is for it to be systematically scaled back, but that could realistically take a decade.

I have the solution, but it puts the HMO beast out of business, and the beast owns too many politicians, so it will never happen.

puppetmaster
11-06-2014, 11:46 PM
I will hold out until they release the new premiums on the 15th. Should be enough of fuck you America to piss off a couple million more.

TheTexan
11-06-2014, 11:57 PM
The Republicans will almost certainly vote to repeal Obamacare, because it's not like they are secretly in love with the bill and their previous indignation was just 100% theater.

parocks
11-07-2014, 12:17 AM
That's nice and all, but almost every GOP candidate screamed at the top of their lungs how awful Obamacare was and they couldn't wait to send the Democrat in their district home so they could get down to the business of repealing it.

Whether they do it now (that would be cool, even if Obama won't sign it) or later (nothing stopping them if there's a GOP President) doesn't matter. They said they'd do it....so do it already.

I'm not just looking for things NOT to be made worse. I'm looking for things to be made better. They can be, if the GOP would grow some balls.

I understand that Rand is better than any candidate the Dems come up with. That's why he has my vote. In most elections I wouldn't bother between the two major parties; I'd just go ahead and vote LP if I vote at all.

The thing is though.....it doesn't sound as if you expect things to get better with Rand as POTUS, because a GOP Congress won't have the guts to send stuff to him.....you just don't expect them to get worse. Not exactly a glowing endorsement.

Ok, well if this

"but almost every GOP candidate screamed at the top of their lungs how awful Obamacare was and they couldn't wait to send the Democrat in their district home so they could get down to the business of repealing it."

is true you might have a point. I really haven't been paying attention to the various messages. Susan Collins in Maine wasn't running on that.

Are you suggesting that my argument about what the GOP could accomplish with Obama, or what the GOP would push through with a bad GOP President equates to the expectations and outcomes of a Rand Presidency. No, I expect different outcomes if Rand was President than if another Bush was President.

If there's a bad GOP President, like Bush, I'd expect most GOP to go along with it. We'd get bad outcomes. With Rand, I'd expect most GOP to go along with it. We'd get good outcomes.

But who knows? I don't have the expectation with Rand that we're just going to be able to get what we want. I don't have 100% confidence that we'll get 100% of the GOP on everything. Who knows what the composition of the house and senate are going to be after 2016. There's a lot good that a President can do. Can just stop doing the bad stuff that Obama currently does.

Carlybee
11-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Not a Cruz fan but he apparently doesn't agree

Senator Ted Cruz spoke with Fox News’ Megyn Kelly after the announcement that the GOP had taken control of the Senate on Tuesday night, outlining what the Senate’s agenda will be moving forward.

Cruz said that just because there was a power shift, it doesn’t mean that all of a sudden the people now trust Republicans. “They’ve given us another chance,” Cruz said. But he said that they also “have to earn that trust,” and to do so, they need to “listen to the priorities of the voters."

Cruz listed the issues that were important to their voters:

The two main issues Cruz said Republicans ran on this midterm were 1.) stopping Obamacare, and 2.) stopping Obama’s amnesty. Cruz added that if the Republicans are to keep the trust of voters, they will need to deliver on those two issues.

He said they should first put in for a “complete and total repeal” of Obamacare. Because Obama will likely veto that, he said they would then need to try to take out the most “onerous” portions of Obamacare so no one will lose their healthcare or doctor due to Obamacare.

Cruz added that the next biggest difference the Senate will see is the successful oversight of the Obama administration. Harry Reid, who “shut down the Senate” and allowed for no oversight, is no longer in charge, so the lawlessness and abuse of power will now finally be put in check by the Senate.

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/ted-cruz-outlines-gops-agenda-and-future-of-obamacare/#vbbA7GwwucVPOeXx.99

I would tell Cruz however that people have already lost their doctors and their health plans. Three doctors in a building my employer owns are shutting their doors too. They say they aren't getting paid, or it's taking too long to get paid.

Anti Federalist
11-07-2014, 02:15 AM
McConnell: No Shutdowns, No Full Obamacare Repeal

http://chimpmania.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33239&d=1369626751&thumb=1

otherone
11-07-2014, 07:16 AM

In kabuki, the roles of female characters are played by men.

http://84d1f3.medialib.glogster.com/media/95/95aad55425041772f2bbd33e231f70a36acb804a12c9dbd5a3 576f3cc758c50d/41220984-kabuki-416-re-jpg.jpg

jbauer
11-07-2014, 08:37 AM
I don't think that they should take the idea of a government shutdown off the table, but in regards to Obamacare, the simple fact is that there's no chance to repeal it until we get a Republican President. So I view it as simply a waste of time and taxpayer money for Congress to continually vote in favor of repealing it.

Republicans could hold the President, the entire Senate and the entire House (not just majorities but every seat) and they still wouldn't repeal Obamacare.

jbauer
11-07-2014, 09:00 AM
I think everyone should take a pledge that if team red doesn't bring a FULL repeal of Obamacare to Obamas desk prior to 2016 elections that we all refuse to vote for any Republicans ever again.

You can't spend 1/2 a decade passing 50 versions of repeal in the House and then when you have the ability to get it on Dumbos desk you take a pass. Every single one of those crooked F'ers said they'd repeal it. They said it was the Democrats that brought the ship down. What if there's not a damn bit of difference between team R and D.

Mr.NoSmile
11-07-2014, 09:05 AM
I think everyone should take a pledge that if team red doesn't bring a FULL repeal of Obamacare to Obamas desk prior to 2016 elections that we all refuse to vote for any Republicans ever again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNSZgbJsSxU

Some of us don't vote for them already, anyway, and even if they tried more grandstanding attempts to say 'See, we voted to repeal it again,' there's that magic Veto thing the President has. Plus, it'd play up the image that they're trying to rob people of health care and this party has enough image and rhetoric issues as it is.

sparebulb
11-07-2014, 09:26 AM

http://84d1f3.medialib.glogster.com/media/95/95aad55425041772f2bbd33e231f70a36acb804a12c9dbd5a3 576f3cc758c50d/41220984-kabuki-416-re-jpg.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/17/Rudragpic.png/270px-Rudragpic.png
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/37641_f520.jpg
http://images.politico.com/global/2012/07/120712_boehner_crying_reu_328_605.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/nonnie9999/dolls/lindseygrahamgonewiththewindbarbie.jpg

erowe1
11-07-2014, 09:38 AM

How does it cost the taxpayers money for them to vote to repeal Obamacare?

erowe1
11-07-2014, 09:43 AM
If they really do vote to end the individual mandate, though, that's pretty good. Obama will veto it I'm sure. But he won't look good doing it, neither will any dems who support the mandate. And Hillary will have to pick a side.

If the mandate goes then Obamacare crumbles.

I can't imagine the insurance companies supporting that. And I can't imagine McConnell going against what the insurance companies tell him to do. But we'll see.

Christian Liberty
11-07-2014, 09:46 AM

You can't spend 1/2 a decade passing 50 versions of repeal in the House and then when you have the ability to get it on Dumbos desk you take a pass. Every single one of those crooked F'ers said they'd repeal it. They said it was the Democrats that brought the ship down. What if there's not a damn bit of difference between team R and D.

I'm hesitant to say that I won't vote for Rand Paul...

I already don't vote for most other Republicans...

jbauer
11-07-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm hesitant to say that I won't vote for Rand Paul...

I already don't vote for most other Republicans...

I quit voting for incumbents in 2008 so mine has been a mixed bag since then. The good thing is I keep putting the stuff in front of the Red Glass's folks. Sooner or later they'll get it. Maybe we should start a petition on one of those websites. Let team red know

ZENemy
11-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Ocare can be de-funded by the R's at any time.

acptulsa
11-07-2014, 10:37 AM
And I can't imagine McConnell going against what the insurance companies tell him to do.

I can't either. And we're obviously not going to see what that might actually look like. He's doing just as he's told so far...

Lucille
11-07-2014, 10:44 AM

Yep. They could have stopped that fascist trainwreck all along, but they didn't, and never will.

Obamacare could have been destroyed "at will" by the Republicans at any time since all spending must originate in the House. As a result since the Republicans have held the House since the first midterm of Obama's Presidency they could have at any time stopped it by refusing to pass the appropriation necessary to fund it. [...]

There was utterly nothing that Obama or the Democrats could have done about either, and Boehner, along with the Republicans, proved beyond rebuttal that they didn't give a damn about either at that point as well (http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=229567).

pcosmar
11-07-2014, 10:45 AM
How does it cost the taxpayers money for them to vote to repeal Obamacare?

They are not going to repeal Obama-care. Period.

They may rename it,, reorganize it,, expand it,,, But they are not going to get rid of Socialized Health Care.

They have been working too long to install it.

Anti Federalist
11-07-2014, 10:48 AM
This VVV

EMTALA (Reagan)

"comprehensive health insurance is an idea whose time has come in America. Let us act now to assure all Americans financial access to high quality medical care."
(Nixon)

And don't forget Bush. (or RomneyCare)
This shit has been both Parties.

Ronin Truth
The newest next round of congresscritter weaseling has started already. :p :(

pcosmar

can be?
Could be?

But it won't be..
There will be a lot of talk,,and distractions.. Lots of arguing.

But just Like Abortion, Gun Control, and War,,, It is not going away. There is too much profit to be made,,

ZENemy
11-07-2014, 11:27 AM
can be?
Could be?

But it won't be..
There will be a lot of talk,,and distractions.. Lots of arguing.

But just Like Abortion, Gun Control, and War,,, It is not going away. There is too much profit to be made,,

Im with you, that was my point all along, they could have done this at anytime but did not and never, ever, ever, ever, ever ,ever will.

First rule of government is NEVER admit you are wrong and ALWAYS move forward no matter who it harms, kills or robs along the way.

Acala
11-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Health care was broken BEFORE ORomneycare and the Republicans are not willing to do what it would take to fix it. So there will be no repeal until the whole system collapses. Then it will go to a Canadian-style system. Then that will break. I don't know what after that. Maybe the black market takes over?

Czolgosz
11-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Republicans have no intention of decreasing government.

acptulsa
11-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Maybe the black market takes over?

Of course. Isn't that what has always happened when micromismanagement fails?

Czolgosz
11-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Republicans could hold the President, the entire Senate and the entire House (not just majorities but every seat) and they still wouldn't repeal Obamacare.

+1 and rep

nobody's_hero
11-07-2014, 12:46 PM
The healthcare industry will collapse before we see any repeal.

HOLLYWOOD
11-07-2014, 01:24 PM
Establishment politicians have no color... Fascism the same

Campaign donations from; Big Pharma, Hospitals, AMA, Insurance Industry, AARP; Lob byistsetc... they dictate government policies.

Is anyone surprised? AND... Don't count on the GOP leadership, Mitch 'Kentucky Kickback' McConnell, Paul 'Liberal' Ryan, and John 'Scumbag' Boehner, to represent the people. Those 3 clowns rammed through $650 Billion in new tax increases with the 'Bipartisan Budget Act" that New Years Eve 2013-14 weekend on the people. The establishment party is not going to let go of 21 new or increased taxes/fees or the IRS penalties/theft authorization theft from tax returns ObamaCare delivers to Washington DC coffers.

Where's the frigin Tylenol... can't stand the same shit over & over.

http://bks3.books.google.com/books?id=w5MnAQAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&img=1&zoom=1&imgtk=AFLRE71SI0tplDxM_5301CrxsrGsgeIR5cQhdWCxZBuk pFS_IMFc8CCv3ucUaV7bWuzJ886VYzwdf0WG7waBX0CYTKGxee xBVv-FW5mOCgmpatzBmH5jB0FzKs7QnHbtT8SPG9lA5Hd0

Philhelm
11-07-2014, 04:05 PM

In bukkake, the role of the electorate is played by a woman.

CPUd
11-07-2014, 05:00 PM

Trying this would lead to another shutdown, and the GOP would get the blame for it.

Carlybee
11-07-2014, 05:19 PM

Can it? Since SCOTUS ruled it's a tax?

A Son of Liberty
11-08-2014, 05:05 AM
So, no end to deficit spending, no end to the destruction of the healthcare market, AND the warmongers brought their rubber stamp, making all the bomb-dropping nice and legal like?

On an unrelated note, I just wanted to take a second to thank Matt for all his hard work and efforts! It truly, clearly is a better day.